EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018.[quoted image]

Hmm...and we know Yeti is supposed to be doing Elwin's next game too. So the pieces would fit, although Elwin just had a game. That would be a quick turnaround.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If you're going to compare the newest version of Kong to Godzilla, why not use the newest version of Godzilla (American version you used was out in 2014, Shin Godzilla 2016).

Because, the American version is the one that is going to be fighting Kong. Also, Godzilla:King of the Monsters came out in 2018. And Shin Godzilla is a fairly significant departure from previous versions of Godzilla.

1 week later
#153 3 years ago

Would love some more concrete rumors on this Godzilla pin. Yes, it's happening, but when?! We knew Turtles was coming after Stranger things, like 6 months before it actually came out.

2 weeks later
#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Kong just got a lot taller.

Same or similar size to Kong: Skull Island. They grewed him big in that one, so that he'd be the right size to fight Godzilla in the next movie.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just my thoughts on the trailer and the up coming movie: Godzilla is on our side in the last couple of movies. In the trailer he's swimming through a battle ship, in the other movie, he swims under the ships: WHY??? I say because that Godzilla in those scenes is really Mecha Godzilla wearing a Godzilla skin to make the real Godzilla look bad and confuse Kong, just like the TOHO movie: Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla. When the real Godzilla shows up, kong doesn't know the difference and fights the real Godzilla. Then at some point they will realize that we need to team up to destroy Mecha Godzilla.
And as far as Kong goes, they needed to give him an ax in the movie to even stand a chance because all Godzilla has to do is fire his atomic breath at him and cook him like a steak.

My question is though, who would or even could build a Mecha Godzilla in this Monsterverse world? I don't see it being aliens, although I guess they did say Ghidorah was an alien, so I suppose it's not entirely out of the question.

2 weeks later
#340 3 years ago

Well, it's unclear whether or not Brian Eddy will be doing any more games for Stern. He seemed to imply in at least one interview that I saw, that it would depend on how successful StrThgs was.

So.....

#348 3 years ago

Oh come on, Brian Eddy was just being humble. Stern hired him as a game designer. We just don't know if he is on the Elwin/Borg level of 1 game every year, or closer to the Richie level of one game every other year. (Probably in between)
It's either Eddy or Borg next, who knows.

Time will tell. I hope he gets to do another pin for Stern, but I'm not going to count on it until it happens.

1 week later
#399 3 years ago

Best reading of the tea leaves i know of is Borg, Dwight, and Zombie Yeti on Godzilla (TMNT Team). But, they could be trolling.

Well, it's been confirmed that ZY is doing the art for Elwin's 4th game. So unless he's doing art for both Borg and Elwin again your tea leaves may be a bit off.

2 weeks later
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm curious if you played STh early on or a badly set up premium? Because that game is fantastic!

We have a Pro on location here and I find it to be just..."fine".

Lighting with the UV-kit is great, but although the Gameplay is fast, it just doesn't wow me. And the theme integration doesn't pull me into the show the way I would have hoped. But to each their own!

But on another note, I did find that I like AIQ more than I thought that I would after playing it. It was hard to figure out what was going on, but I did find myself more engaged than I expected after watching videos. Our game has a shaker which helps I think. It's integrated well.

1 month later
#601 3 years ago

First, I will be careful not to spoil anything for people that haven't seen the movie yet. Although, I may mention a couple things that were shown in the trailers. Also, I saw GvK in a movie theater, center seat, 5th row back, and it definitely upped my enjoyment. Having such big screen in front of me really helped give the monsters a sense of scale, and it made it easier to be immersed in the movie, and easier to follow the action. I'd really recommend seeing it that way if you can at all safely. (I'm fully vaccinated and all of my immediate family has had at least 1 dose)

Quoted from Utesichiban:

The whole movie was awful. 2 hours of my life I can never get back.

Wow, the whole movie? Say what you will about the movie in general, but that Kong/Godzilla fight on the ocean with the navy ships was awesome. I don't see how any action movie fan or kaiju fan couldn't love that scene. It was worth the price of admission alone. I mean all I can say is that any Kaiju/Big-Monster-Fight fan owes it to themselves to see it. It's epic, with really great fight-choreography, movement, and effective integration of the human military element too.

Quoted from kklank:

Even though the movie wasn’t very good........I still loved it!!

Yeah, I enjoyed it a lot as well. There were a plenty of script problems and story choices that I didn't agree with, but overall there was way more to like than dislike for me. It might be my favorite of the 4 Monsterverse films, and certainly if you liked the previous Legendary Godzilla and Kong movies, then you'll like this new one too. With the possible exception of Kong:Skull Island, this is the only one of the 4 movies where I can say that the movie wasn't too long, and the human characters weren't overemphasized or annoying.

Quoted from Palmer:

The movie was really disappointing. Glad to hear the rumor is Toho Godzilla.

Yeah, I do hope it is the Toho version, simply because the Toho Godzillas generally have more personality than the Legendary one. But I'm surprised that you were disappointed, as GvK is pretty much par for the course for the current Legendary/WB G-films. I thought it was at least as good as the other 3 films in the series. So having seen, and mostly enjoyed, the previous movies, I sorta knew what to expect going in. In some ways, I was even pleasantly surprised at points.

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

So who is the odds frontrunner for design and code on this game?

Elwin and Zombie Yeti is my supposition.

4 months later
#1283 2 years ago

Love everything but the green color on Godzilla. He's always charcoal colored in the actual films. The green reminds me of the cartoon, or of the movie posters. Which were really more of an Americanization of Godzilla. ZY still did a stellar job, and mad props to him.

I guess I'm such a die-hard Goji fan that I wanted him to be his charcoal-self. But that's okay, I'm still excited for the pin. Also, funny how much the art reminds me of the Ultraman pin. I think they'd go well side-by-side.

Showa-era example
MV5BM2JhYTI3YzctNmEyNC00N2QyLWE3MGEtMDcyNzBlOGE3OTdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MzU1NzQ@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BM2JhYTI3YzctNmEyNC00N2QyLWE3MGEtMDcyNzBlOGE3OTdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MzU1NzQ@._V1_ (resized).jpg

Hesei-era example
Godzilla-89 (resized).jpgGodzilla-89 (resized).jpg

#1301 2 years ago

I hate to pile on but....

Godzilla-Accessories-01_resized-2048x1367 (resized).jpgGodzilla-Accessories-01_resized-2048x1367 (resized).jpg

Oof, this shooter rod is just bad. I get that it's supposed to be Mothra's egg or something, but damn...it looks like someone stuck an Easter egg to my pinball machnine.

#1588 2 years ago

Well, I think the Godzilla figure is supposed to harken back to the (somewhat crappy) vintage toy from the 70s
016f4263c3f3f64cd9efa0391f3122bd (resized).jpg016f4263c3f3f64cd9efa0391f3122bd (resized).jpg

Also, I definitely think it's possible to use the charcoal coloring and still have the art look good. Especially when the rest of the pf is so bright. Couple recent examples of Godzilla with proper colors.

godzilla_2 (resized).jpggodzilla_2 (resized).jpg
2552093 (resized).jpg2552093 (resized).jpg

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Welp....after getting absolutely raped on Jurassic Park at league night again last night, my excitement for this game is way down. I said before when I found out Keith was doing this game that I was likely not a buyer because of how much I *hate* JP, and clearly not going to league for a few weeks had me forgetting about that.
I will not buy this game, or even pretend that I'm a future buyer, before playing the premium or an LE. Period. And I'm completely ashamed I let it go to my head. I really like IM and AIQ....but JP is just......no. That game should be a constant reminder to me that Keith is not infalliable, and not every design can do well in a public location, or at home.
(Don't even f'ing talk to me about your games at home. I don't give a single turd. We all know games at home play far superior to almost any location game.)
Hopefully it plays more AIQ and less JP, but at this point, I've lowered my expectations.

Huh, never heard that take on JP3 before. I think it's a brilliant layout and pretty smooth shooter, and that seems to be the general consensus too. Interesting. I guess we all have different taste!

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The software is fine. It's the physical layout I have a beef with. It's just personal preference. I felt the same way about Walking Dead, and Houdini. A tight shot or two is good. Every bloody shot on the playfield being a rejecty mess is not. JP3 has a Houdini level issue in this regard, so I have no clue why Houdini gets so much shit, but JP3 gets a pass just because it's Elwin, and pinballers are kiss-asses for their celebrities.

Maybe it is....in a home environment where it's set up perfectly, leveled, and with flippers that are perfectly aligned........ Which is not what I was talking about, and quite clear on that. I've never played a non-routed JP. I can only form an opinion based on my personal experience....which is with a game in a heavily played arcade.

Yes, I heard you the first time. I've played it on location, as well as at home, and was basing my opinion on having played in both environments. Plays good in both for me.

Sounds more like you've got a bad arcade than a bad game.

#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Actually, they do have it. You have to hit/hold the lockdown bar button to use it and it collects shots, or something like that. They said in the beginning of the steam that they were not going to be able to use it since Jack mounted a Go-Pro above it and they couldn't hit the button. Elwin actually mentioned it while he was playing saying he would have liked to be able to use it.

I think it actually was used a few times anyway. When you hit the button for the breath attack, all lit shots are immediately collected. Pretty awesome power. Like Elvira's Ray Gun but to the next level. I definitely saw the LCD pop-up confirming the collected shots a couple of times.

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Based on the stream, my feeling that this is a great game was only confirmed even more. Well done Keith and team!

Yeah, one of the best reveal streams ever. They actually just played the damn game, and let the gameplay and LCD speak for themselves. That's all you should need if the game is designed and coded well.

The rules deep dives can be saved for later for us pinball nerds that want them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.