EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Me too. One of my childhood models that survived from the early/mid 60's. Dated 1964 on the bottom.[quoted image][quoted image]

That would be WokeZilla!

BTW, what is TOHO Godzilla?

1 week later
#311 3 years ago

Lawrence Welk, and instabuy for me! Based on your avatar, its perfect for you too!!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from diode:

I could not find anything on web about w e l k other than the Lawrence welk show can someone say what game that might be?

You found it!! Imagine the possibilities!!

1 week later
#354 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I've heard STH does great on location. Not sure how well its doing in a pandemic... Others have said the new code has really helped the game so maybe its doing better than we think?

I enjoy it much more with the new code on location.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have STH pro and new code is awesome especially with the Cleland custom soundtrack.

Ah Havent head the new soundtrack.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

They look like paint colors Prince would pick for his bedroom.

What part of Godzilla makes you feel black is correct, other than black and white movies? Its effing Godzilla, with nuke breath, and neither are black.

Save the black and grey for Road Warrior!!

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You think they would bust out some Blue Oyster Cult for some tunes for GZ?

Which movie is this, besides. ,"Godzilla"!

1 week later
#434 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is AP close to releasing a new game? Love that company.

They havent announced yet.

2 weeks later
#499 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

That's just not gonna happen. POTC prices have gone insane but is anyone actually paying that much? I don't thing they are gonna do any DMD vaults and that's fine, nothing in my opinion needs to be remade anyway.

I think Metallica with different, more metal playfield art-work, like PusHead, and the theme revolve around Ride the Lighting or Kill em All artwork on the cab and Head.

1 week later
#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Nostalgia/ retro is big, they wouldn’t think of using anything recent.

Whats cheapest. That will be what they use.

1 week later
#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

UGH. Kid pours liquid on terminal to kill Mechagodzilla.. The End.
I guess they needed the kids to have some function in the movie?? Avengers Infinity War it ain't.

Guess this movie has been out for a lot longer than i thought. Seems a bit early let everyone know how it went. Thanks!

1 month later
#648 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I say this all the time but it never really registers with pinheads, but themes are picked not to please pinball collectors. Themes are picked for their ability to go way beyond pinball players, sales are about themes not code, not designer, not layouts.
If you make Nirvana people are going to buy it and the mass majority of people who buy it won’t own a pinball machine.
Godzilla based on TOHO or the newest movies its not going to matter... Godzilla pinball is going to be a MASSIVE seller in Asia just like Iron Maiden was a huge seller in Europe. Godzilla will sell to pinheads, but the theme is so massive in Asia I would expect a TON of sales there. At the end of the day stern is not in the pinball business they’re in the manufacturing business. They want to keep those lines going and they could care less who buys them. Godzilla is going to sell!

I bought Met LE the second it was announced, based on theme alone. I didnt even know how to order, but my buddy is in the business.

Tl;dr theme matters above all, if trying to increase sales.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, it’s better but is still one of the lesser Stern imo. Brian Eddy is boring, that shot layout couldn’t be any less inspired. He basically reskined AFM. Plus...Stern selling the UV kit separately has to be one of the rudest business decisions I’ve seen in pinball. It’s really the only thing that makes the game look interesting or seem innovative. That being said I’ll prob buy one for my location when it reopens, it’ll earn well and I won’t be tempted to play it haha

You, in a nutshell. Its "Rude" Stern made a business decision you dont like. Get over your overly inflated woke self-importance dude. Nobody needs your approval and boomers drive pin sales, deal with it.

#651 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Jeez, take it personal much snowflake? I’m entitled to my opinions. Wtf does “woke” have to do with my opinion on the Strangers Things layout anyway?

You tell me, you seem to push your wokeness and virtual signalling when you can. Its old, no one cares outside of your echochamber of self hating.

2 months later
#764 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I’d find a new distributor. That’s shitty.

Only until you want to sell your house at market value, then supply and demand matters, eh?

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

You don’t walk into Home Depot and expect them to raise MSRP to make a quick buck. A distributor should be selling at MSRP. When you sell your house, that’s equivalent to buying used from other folks.

Wait, Home depot doesnt raise and lower prices, based on demand? What are sales ads for then?

Its a toy. You want it, you pay market value, or become a distro and buy at MSRP.

Also. Real estate developers raise peices on new homes, based on market conditions.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

My point is that Home Depot doesn’t change the MSRP. Nor should you expect them to. And likewise, you shouldn’t expect a distributor to increase prices beyond MSRP. Does that make more sense?

No. It doesnt make sense. Its supply and demand. If someone wants to pay 12,000 for a game i paid 8,000, who am I to stop them?(As a distro).

These arent basic needs and you arent being gouged. Life sucks, then you die!

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

If you’re a distributor hiking prices, you’re a shitty distributor and I wish you nothing but failure in all your future endeavors. This isn’t worth arguing. Either you get it or you don’t.

You dont. Why should a distro leave money on the table? You dont want to buy, oh well, the market has said someone will.

Life sucks, then you die.

#793 2 years ago

Its also about people not understanding what MSRP means. Hint. The S stands for Suggested. Just like cars and blenders.

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The point is distributors are the home depots of pinball. They should NOT be raising MSRP. They sell products for the manufacturers and should adhere to the MSRP. Retailers should not be marking them up. Capitalism should not apply from the retailer. Second hand market, sure. If people would start refusing to overpay, we collectors could shut this crap down.

Sooo, its market driven. Again, why should distros sell at msrp, only to have flippers make that $$$. You know, cause the market will pay it.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

For the same reason Walmart has to sell the cool hot toy at MSRP even though some asshole is gonna buy extras and put them on ebay. Because retailers need to stick to the proper pricing model.

Well i deleted my post cause I figured it was over.

Walmart doesnt HAVE to do anything. Many times they sell below MSRP. Consumers arent bitching when retailers dont stick to "the proper pricing model" and they save a buck. Come on man. You said it yourself, its market driven. Win some, lose some how bad do you want it?

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

You must be his distributor

I wish! Im no sucker and I dont leave money on the table, if the next guy behind is willing to take it.

I will be your realtor though, and we wont sell your house below market value, thats for dang sure.

1 month later
#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there a more thankless task than making pinball machines for these miserable bastards?!
This game hits all the FOMO-inducing pheromones. Even I’m bummed I’m not gonna score an LE.

Thankless? I assume he got paid.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Zombie killed it. Again. Good lord the bitching and moaning crowd is exhausting.

People arent allowed to have opinions? Or just ones you agree with. This looks like AIQ 2.0 artwise. Too many skittles for a Godzilla theme.

#1372 2 years ago

But?

39914746_10155679698417727_6176893652959232000_n (resized).jpg39914746_10155679698417727_6176893652959232000_n (resized).jpg
#1524 2 years ago

Smart man. One to flip, one to maybe keep!

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

“It would have been better if they hired Matt Frank” zombieyeti Truth hurts huh? When they do Deadpool 2 you’re hired. Meanwhile, Gary can we fix this and replace Sasquatch Yeti?

Kinda harsh, aren't ya?

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Outrage is the new black.

Stating opinions, is outrage?

#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Not one of the 60+ has the odd proportions as this one.
Not one pic, not one poster or comic page.
I like your other reason as it is just a +1 to the 60+ going and will be like no other , it is yeti's version..
it may have been summer when he was watching these and was fondly favorable to eating watermelons and inspired him ,remembering eating all that summer watermelon and watching monster Movie sundays with Godzilla .

How about let it go man! Im not particularly thrilled with the cartoonish aspect, but overall the art does look pretty bad ass.

#1745 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

TBF... what the hell do obsessed pinheads have to talk about, it's not like all that much really changes?? Surprised we have even one podcast, let alone all the ones we have today. We were a dying market 22 years ago, and here we are today, all excited for this pin. We all bought it (more or less) so ya, we'll sit here with our other half-dozen to three dozen pins, drink beer, play pins, shoot off messages between balls and make fun of Watermelonzilla. It's a forum, don't see the issue. Art is badass, agreed.
Edit: But ya, for all, be balanced in criticism, gotta give love too, and no, we don't need a new design/overlay - embrace the melon, you will love him, as will I (he's growing on me)

While I agree with ya, the guy I quoted seems obsessed lol

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Strong words !
Lighten up Francis- The Big Toe
I call it the way it looks..
I supported the madness buy buying it , Should grant me an opinion and mine is not the only similar one.. Should ZY get a pass? No ! And to say he Nailed it?
Nice Middle finger Cactus . looks like ZY drew it too. Perhaps you can work for stern .
The way i see it it is just like Indiana jones in how the artist Drew Harrison Ford . Looks great right?
So it is ok to Critique but only if you like the words being said .. Lol

Not every other post for crying out loud!

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm very glad that Stern had the sense to make this about the Toho Godzilla rather than the Hollywood versions. I'm honestly a little surprised since I would have thought a recent film license would be more up Stern's alley.
This will make the machine a lot more timeless and appealing imo. I didn't really care for the recent Hollywood versions. While I wouldn't say they were terrible, they were very forgettable and if they had made the pin based on one of those it would feel dated a lot faster and be basically the equivalent to the 90s pins based on a movie that barely anyone remembers

To me, it's a mix of both. Classic Toho licensing and a/v footage, with modern Stern art color choices to attract casual players. Gary says ops are the bread and butter, so "bright" attracts more than "dark" on location. I bet it's going to be fun as hell!!

1 week later
#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not saying it will be an "LE" necessarily, only they will come out will another model of a "more exclusive" model of GZ. Like Luci ACDC. Or Catwoman BM66. Just because you miss out on GZLE doesn't mean there's not something exclusive coming down the road

Yea Stern does have a extra parts laying around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.