EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#599 3 years ago

The movie was really disappointing. Glad to hear the rumor is Toho Godzilla.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But I'm surprised that you were disappointed, as GvK is pretty much par for the course for the current Legendary/WB G-films. I thought it was at least as good as the other 3 films in the series. So having seen, and mostly enjoyed, the previous movies, I sorta knew what to expect going in. In some ways, I was even pleasantly surprised at points.

I enjoyed KOM but this latest one...man there is so much wrong with it I don't even want to talk about it. As a GZ fan, I was really disappointed. Some of the fights were cool but story sucked ass.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

So far guys have tried to justify the shit that has been modern Godzilla movies by referencing great classic films like "The Godfather" and "Citizen Kane" etc. as if anyone thinking person went in expecting that in the first place. If u go into a monster movie with that expectation then it might be time for a short stay at the looney bin. Just cause it doesn't hold up to that standard in no way makes it a "an ok film" It wasn't very good at all. Thats my opinion and If u liked it great but what's with the justification? Also why are we critiquing this movie in the first place. Who cares? The bottom line is the 70's and 80's stuff had a certain character thats been lost across all genres of movies these days, that's just the way it, I mean Jesus H. have u listened to modern music? It stinks. Anyway, I think we are looking at wait till mid may now for the next Stern announcement.

When did you change your name Hazoff?

4 months later
#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Has anybody stopped to consider that just maybe it’s got a ton in it and that’s why it’s more expensive?

Keith has said that his next game was going to be packed so I think you are correct.

#1078 2 years ago

Looks great. Premium/LE looks like the only way to go with this one. Too much missing in the Pro for home use. Probably why they jacked up the price of both. I wonder if we will begin to consistently see a larger gap in features between Pro and Premium/LE. They have always been there before but some games are better as Pros or not worth the extra money. Godzilla definitely feels like it is worth the money with the gutted Pro model.

#1148 2 years ago

Did they have extra armor from Mando LE and decided to slap it on?

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

My biggest initial knee jerk criticism…is that I wish the artwork had a much narrower color palette. I was hoping the LE would be black and white like munsters

This is something that bothers me. Too many colors...reminiscent of AIQ. Add in the art blades and it is just a lot going on.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Zombie killed it. Again. Good lord the bitching and moaning crowd is exhausting.

I would respectively disagree. The art is a weak point on this game. I think if it was released 5 years ago, maybe I'd say he killed it. But the bar continues to be raised in regards to artwork across all new games.

I think my issue with Stern is using one artist for the majority of their games. I do believe ZY is super talented and a good choice for an artist if you only had one to work with as his work is very dynamic. But I don't think his style matches Godzilla.

That is not bitching or moaning...just an opinion.

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys have literally lost your minds.
We've actually gotten to a point where people are whining and crying over art that's "not what you wanted?" You're not happy with a sinking building?
Jesus. This game looks insane. It's beautiful. It's f***ing pinball. Get over it.
One thing for sure, the collectors and players of 2021 aren't what they were even 5 years ago.

I never understand the jump from not liking the art package to whining and crying over art. Art has never been a thing that has kept me from owning a game. My opinion doesn't take away your joy so maybe you should get over it?

"5 years ago we were transporting games by hand up hill both ways."
-27dnast probably

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

FOR EVERYONE ASKING WHY GODZILLA IS GREEN, PERHAPS YOU COULD ALL GO ASK TOHO WHY THEY HAVE DEPICTED HIM AS GREEN IN ART FOR GODZILLA FILMS SINCE LITERALLY 1954.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why do I feel like I am on Facebook now. Turn off the caps lock and make your point like an adult dude.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also if we're over the honeymoon period are ready to make petty complaints, I am not a fan of the new apron design on the pro but love the premium/LE apron[quoted image]

Yea the pro apron looks like various companies took out ads on it.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Only ones I see bitching are those that can’t handle others not liking what they like.

Didn't you know you are supposed to respond to any new release with:

"OMG. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!1 BEST GAME EVAH!!!!!1 ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS A STUPID WHINEY BITCH!!!!!1

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Same with the key lime sculpture. Nowhere in the ballpark of TOHO Godzilla both color and shape. What is this? Barney’s cousin from Ireland?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lior is going to make a killing on this game.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Suggestion for JJP fanboy: stay out of a Stern hype thread. We all know in advance nothing Stern does is to your liking, even an amazing machine like Godzilla, JJP fanboys will find fault. Lol

The guy has owned 7 Sterns over a couple of years. How does that make him a JJP fanboy exactly?

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Man really and you call me a fanboy!

You are a fanboy…but he’s like a cult leader. That or it’s Gary’s burner account.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=Palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.