EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#417 3 years ago

That's an awesome design, I'd buy it on a t-shirt. I think that is all this is though, much like their other cool merchandise designs. Not a confirmation of a new machine theme.

1 month later
#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Guess this movie has been out for a lot longer than i thought. Seems a bit early let everyone know how it went. Thanks!

Yeah...spoilers are pretty crappy, especially on a movie that literally just came out. :/

1 week later
#605 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

First, I will be careful not to spoil anything for people that haven't seen the movie yet. Although, I may mention a couple things that were shown in the trailers. Also, I saw GvK in a movie theater, center seat, 5th row back, and it definitely upped my enjoyment. Having such big screen in front of me really helped give the monsters a sense of scale, and it made it easier to be immersed in the movie, and easier to follow the action. I'd really recommend seeing it that way if you can at all safely. (I'm fully vaccinated and all of my immediate family has had at least 1 dose)

Wow, the whole movie? Say what you will about the movie in general, but that Kong/Godzilla fight on the ocean with the navy ships was awesome. I don't see how any action movie fan or kaiju fan couldn't love that scene. It was worth the price of admission alone. I mean all I can say is that any Kaiju/Big-Monster-Fight fan owes it to themselves to see it. It's epic, with really great fight-choreography, movement, and effective integration of the human military element too.

Yeah, I enjoyed it a lot as well. There were a plenty of script problems and story choices that I didn't agree with, but overall there was way more to like than dislike for me. It might be my favorite of the 4 Monsterverse films, and certainly if you liked the previous Legendary Godzilla and Kong movies, then you'll like this new one too. With the possible exception of Kong:Skull Island, this is the only one of the 4 movies where I can say that the movie wasn't too long, and the human characters weren't overemphasized or annoying.

Yeah, I do hope it is the Toho version, simply because the Toho Godzillas generally have more personality than the Legendary one. But I'm surprised that you were disappointed, as GvK is pretty much par for the course for the current Legendary/WB G-films. I thought it was at least as good as the other 3 films in the series. So having seen, and mostly enjoyed, the previous movies, I sorta knew what to expect going in. In some ways, I was even pleasantly surprised at points.

100% agree. This (and let's be honest, the entire franchise) is the ultimate "turn off your brain and watch the spectacle" movie. Not sure why anyone would have expected it to be anything more than it was. It's not meant to be Citizen Kane, or heck even Star Wars. It's a movie about giant monsters fighting. It is what it is...and it was pretty darn fun for what it was. I'd say it was my second favorite of the series after Skull Island. They were all pretty much on par with each other though. If you like one, you'll probably like them all, and if you didn't like the first three, odds are pretty decent this one will not change your mind.

I hope a pin is in the works. Lots of potential and fun things they could do with it, no matter what iteration they choose to use.

4 months later
#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don’t think the Pro is stripped down. Everyone wanted to see more in a Premium and that’s what they got.

I definitely agree. Pro is definitely a sweet looking machine taken on its own. Doesn't stand out as stripped or missing anything. The premium just has even more added than usual, creating an even larger gap between the models. And unfortunately the price increase reflects that. There are what, four major differences whereas usually there is ~2 major changes at most (and a handful of minor ones).

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah I totally agree, he can be all over the place and flip flop his opinions but most other guys do the same. Podcasts like his are the best if you just want fast, direct pinball talk coming at you at a 100mph without 75% of the show being about covid, what the wife did, who was ranked 875 back in 93 etc. If you take what he says with a grain of salt and cross reference his info, there is nothing to be bitter at, its just entertainment and sometimes informative. Try listening to the triple drain podcast, the "Tom talks" segment is so painful I won't even bother with that one anymore. The guy sounds like he just dropped 10 kush hits and a 5th of booze. They think its hilarious but its literally the worst segment in pinball podcasting. Joel and Travis aren't too bad but Tom isn't interesting at all and it takes a minute for him to mumble anything out. Slam tilt is good, Loserkid is good, Final Round isn't bad and has some funny segments, Zachs pinball show is slow paced but pretty good and always informative. ALL of these podcasts give their opinions and predictions, some are accurate and some are not, so why not listen to the one that burns rubber and gets to all the topics fast and direct instead of an hour of slow paced garbage and then 30 min of weak pin talk. To each his own and everyone has their fav show but for me personally I dig the ones that are on topic as much as possible through out the show and Kaneda is definitely that. I want to hear about machines, good, bad, who cares, talk about the games, that's what I'm there for. People act like they buy a $10k game based on what a podcaster says about it, its just their opinion, take it for what its worth, an opinion

[Removed]. Isn't that one of the rules around here? If you do not like a podcast, don't freaking listen to it. Or since you seem to know exactly what everyone must find entertaining, make your own and do better. Tom is one of the nicest, most generous, and knowledgeable people in the hobby, and I guarantee he could play circles around you, without being a jerk about it. There's a difference between offering a critique and making a personal attack. Learn the difference or keep it to yourself. [Removed]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.