EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am supper pumped for this. Old or new Godzilla I don’t care!!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

I'd be interested for sure, dream theme for me. Any of the main eras would be fine with me, just not Zilla - besides that's already been done in the Sega era. 2021 would be a good time for a modern era Godzilla theme with the upcoming Godzilla / Kong crossover.

The sound effects alone will be amazing if they do the new movies. And the video segments would be killer. Especially when Godzilla breathes his radioactive fire.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Title has good potential. I'm not really that excited for it, as I really enjoy the Sega version.

I didn’t hate or love the Godzilla movie at least in title only with Matthew Broderick, but definitely hoping this blows away the Sega one.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018.[quoted image]

That’s pretty good

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

What if it's 1998 Godzilla again?

It’s only a Godzilla movie in name only. That is an abomination to me :p

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I guess I don’t see Godzilla as that desirable of theme especially for Stern, but maybe I’m wrong. Kind of seems similar to Jurassic Park. Anyway, I always have an open mind!

Similar but JP not better to me. I grew up watching Godzilla in the 70’s and 80’s so I am biased. But I did see Jurassic Park at a drive in theater in my Trans Am with my wife and son when it came out.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Elwin is a rockstar at the moment. they will let him pump out as many as possible I am sure.

I agree. If I can get IM game play with a Godzilla theme sign me up.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Exciting!!! Now I can get my boss into pinball too :b his all time favorite is the Godzilla franchise

There are a lot of people who grew up watching Godzilla including me. Hopefully this happens sooner than later.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Watkinsd13:

I’m so excited! I own a Japanese traditional tattoo shop and can finally put a pin in the shop that goes with the vibe! Especially if it is toho Godzilla! Hopefully sooner then later.

That would be badass!!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

I'd rather see these as two separate themes. King Kong from Data East looks sweet visually

I agree. Both Godzilla and King Kong are two headliners and deserve their own pin unless it was based specifically on Godzilla vs King Kong.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

KME isn’t next so if you want him on Godzilla that also isn’t next. Get your hopes and dreams aligned properly people!

470E446F-10F6-4657-AF1A-E10DBA951C03 (resized).jpeg470E446F-10F6-4657-AF1A-E10DBA951C03 (resized).jpeg
#47 3 years ago

How about a Godzilla topper just like the Black Knight with Godzilla’s head and have his head move and mouth open and close when he roars and then have a really bright light coming on in the back of his mouth when he fires his atomic breath. Have destroyed buildings in the back ground with fire effects like BK.

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

i just got a chubby.

HA! Stern take notes on my topper idea.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I have to laugh at that movie! King Kong was what, about 40 ft tall? And Godzilla is supposed to be 300 ft tall?
King Kong wouldn't even come up to Godzilla's knee!

Actually in Skull Island he is 100 feet tall and in the original Godzilla vs King Kong they were close in height. So King Kong will come up to his waist actually lol. Forgot about the height disparity. But he is still growing;p

44FEF686-E6BB-4011-BE40-617EBA61E3B7 (resized).jpeg44FEF686-E6BB-4011-BE40-617EBA61E3B7 (resized).jpeg
#57 3 years ago

Shin Godzilla (2016) 385 feet.

Was talking about the comparison with KK and Godzilla in the new upcoming movie and the original movie. It will either be based on Toho or the new movies I believe. Toho Godzilla movies are classics and have a huge fan base from old timers like me and younger people.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If it’s Elwin on Godzilla, then I’m pretty sure his track record speaks for itself.

Exactly!

#66 3 years ago

GKotM stillused the 2014 design. And Shin Godzilla is a departure? Have you seen the three horrid U.S. versions?

Watching Shin Godzilla now.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have one of those already. It's called JP.

Godzilla is king of all monsters and hopefully will be of pins

Would love a wide body Godzilla!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll give you my ex-girlfriend's phone number.

HA! I am good but appreciate the offer :p
Wife wouldn’t be happy either.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Loved that one. Finally got to see one in the theater, no crap English dub!

It’s kinda a slow movie but Godzilla looks badass and the effects are pretty damn good. The Blu-ray comes with Japanese or English versions. Going to watch Godzilla 1984 tomorrow and maybe Godzilla vs Destoroyah after.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Godzilla 1984 (or 1985 english release) probably all time favorite version of the big guy

Watching Godzilla 1984 later tonight.

#95 3 years ago

But that movie is SO good otherwise. Apparently, the director was forced by the studio to put in King Ghidora and Mothra in it, they didn't want a movie with only Anguirus, Baragon, and Varan. (Studio meddling happens in Japan as well!)

Studio meddling usually never goes well.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

There is an old Midwest saying....choose your hog, don't let your hog choose you.
ROFL

Also a saying fat chicks are like mopeds, they are both fun to ride but you don’t want to be seen on one.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Supper pumped? Sounds like some method of force-feeding dinners to anorexic patients. ;>

I am really excited for this. Godzilla was a huge happy memory for me growing up with an abusive mother. So yeah I am super pumped.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

As a child of the 70s, Godzilla is something very sacred to me. This place is somewhere where I can say that and be understood when I say this is a must have title. Even though there is a wealth of material from which Stern can pull from I’m pretty sure it will be from the newest US era films, it just makes sense...

Same here. Godzilla is a bright spot of my childhood growing up in an abusive home. I am ok if it’s the newer US films because I enjoyed them very much and they did a great job of keeping the heart of the Toho films unlike the 1998 film. Was a decent kaju movie but not a Godzilla movie. Hopefully we here something sooner than later. Fingers crossed Stern doesn’t have any limitations like appear with the Led Zeppelin license. That was a pin I was really looking forward to.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I have to ask among the Kaiju tribe here: In a pin or the movie, how does Kong have any chance against this? Does a diet of dinosaurs and trees give King Kong anti nuclear properties?
Oh - and Stern - along with the crotch fan please have a strobe or all flashers go off at once with the horn rumbling sounds and the shaker motor to simulate a Godzilla nuke wave/EPM pulse . And then the entire machine goes black and quiet for 3 seconds.

That is pretty badass. I need to watch it again. I think the movie was great and like I said, Stern can do old Toho or the new movies. But the sound and video effects on the new movies kicks ass! Definitely worthy of an external subwoofer.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why?
Imagine the layout of JP but with Godzilla. Or the the style and fun factor BM66, DP, TWD or Maiden with 70/80s Zilla. This ridiculous comments keeps surfacing without any reason outside of I guess some disappointments which tells me you want the perfect pinball manufacture to make this game, well that doesn't exist. At least with Stern they will show some violence and might actually do the theme justice where it counts. I'll take that over some useless mechs and molded toys every day all day.

I am really disappointed with Led Zeppelin (my first NIB Stern was BKSOR premium) but I am glad Godzilla is in Sterns hands. I have played Elvira, Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, Jurassic Park, and Turtles. I would buy all of them if I had the money or if the theme really was a must have for me (DC fan and not a fan of IM and Turtles after my time), but I did put a deposit down for Elvira.

Hopefully Stern gets full access to whichever library of video and images and can have the creative license to make a kick ass game. Like I said old or new Godzilla and I would be happy. May possibly be my first LE purchase. But I really need to keep my expectations low and not raised to the heavens.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would give this 10 thumbs up if I could. Varan is my favorite Kaiju, seeing the short 5 minute Super 8 when I was about 5 years old. I have that same poster in the One Sheet and the Insert forms.
And if you are a Gamera fan, you have to track down the MST3K versions of them. They take them to a whole new level.

MST3K Gamera movies are hilarious. Highly recommend them also.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's funny you should mention that, because new special editions of the Showa & Heisei eras of Gamera are coming out on bluray later this month. I will definitly pick up the 90s era since I've never seen before.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing the information

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Godzilla would be a very hit or miss theme for me. I'd want more of a King of Monsters style game where you're battling other Kaiju monsters while causing destruction in various metropolitan cities. If you've ever played any of the Burnout 3: Takedown, a bit like the crash mode where your score is tabulated by the amount of destruction you've caused. I've been toying around with an unlicensed game with monsters from various cities: Godzilla (Tokyo), King Kong (New York), Werewolf (London), Gargoyle (Paris), Minotaur (Barcelona), etc.

Will this pin be good Godzilla or bad destroy everything Godzilla? Good question. Being able to destroy a building like on MM could be cool to mix in with battling different kaiju would be nice balance. And Burnout 3 is one of my all time favorites with crash mode.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

One thing that was said in the video is that we don't know when it will come out, we don't know if it will be in the Spring, in the Summer or in the Fall... Is it a reasonable assumption that this would conceivably go from whispers to announcement and release within the same calendar year? Or was he speaking figuratively? (I'm not very familiar with pre-/production timelines for pins...)
(Just trying to get a sense of how much time I have to start saving... Last one took me two years. )

Anyone comment on the possibility of Godzilla being released this year with this soft reveal?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Def afternoons when I was watching a a kid. Early 80s I assume.

In Cleveland Super Host was a tv show hosted by Marty Allen and he would play Godzilla movies and other b movie sci fi films on Saturday mornings in the 70’s and 80’s on channel 8. Funny thing is he was the program director. You could send in drawings to the show and he would put them up and the camera man would pan over them. I drew some dinosaurs fighting and sent it in and I got to see it on tv. At that time that was pretty damn cool.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I think you meant Marty Sullivan. He was Super Host and remembered him doing news at times and it was surreal seeing him out of costume.
I think your drawings were up on the screen next to mine sometimes.
I even sent in pictures to the Ghoul - who ripped off Ghoulardy.
Good pre Internet times as kids

HA! Your right. It was Sullivan. Man never trust 40 plus years memories. So glad you were able to watch him also!! Great memories and would love a Godzilla pin. Definitely a grail for me.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why do that? Half the fun was watching how the audio track never matched the movements of the actor's mouth.

Best part of the movie for sure.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

A Godzilla pin that plays and is coded like TWD would be heaven. As for what art - eh...don't know why people get so bent up out of shape about it. The Sega Godzilla pin is from the 98 movie, and I still think it's cool.

To purist 98 movie is referred to as Zilla. If it was just a monster movie it definitely would be held in higher regard, but since it went so far away from what Godzilla looked like, many just don’t like it and won’t include it in the Godzilla movie franchise.

Unfortunately for Sega the movie bombed and only a little over 500 were made. I love the big Zilla head and hands on the playfield, but it only has 5 modes, and not much to shoot for. Great translite though.

#157 3 years ago
9398A74E-356F-41E2-8A09-A363035B3A4C (resized).jpeg9398A74E-356F-41E2-8A09-A363035B3A4C (resized).jpegF2F03BA9-F38A-44CA-B492-34266077A9F6 (resized).jpegF2F03BA9-F38A-44CA-B492-34266077A9F6 (resized).jpeg
#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They made like 13 of those movies...and most just aren't fun to watch. And if Godzilla ain't fund to watch, what's the point right?

I will take a bad Godzilla film over much of the crap coming out of Hollyweird the last few years

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep. Not too mention it lends itself so much better to pinball. I don't want see bad actors and CGI Godzilla all over the place. How much better would this be on ur LCD over any of the crap they put out after the 80's.

I would love that. The Godzilla music is awesome!

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I'm a HUUGE Godzilla fan and would be thrilled if it was the old stuff or even the Hesei era stuff. I try not to monitor this thread until the curiosity gets the better of me... I would have a hard time not being the first in line...

I would be happy with any era at this point.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Me too. But with Ghidrah. And Mothra. And Rodan. And Auguste Rodin too while we are at it. And the Magicial Fairy Ladies who sing the "Moth-who-raaa- yikes, Moth-who-raaaaaa" song to summon Mothra.
And a Godzilla head that gobbles the ball, eyes light up and maybe lights on spine for radioactive glow.
And lights syncopated on the sides with the music and monster yells.
And the angry random Japanese guy holding a grudge on a balcony who yells at Godzilla as they are staring at each other and yells "God-zeell-laaa".
And maybe a Godzilla claw that grabs the ball.
or maybe A Three Headed King Ghidrah and one of the Ghidrah heads grabs the ball and another releases it.
I would be happy with any era and any of the above we wouldn't say "no" to either

There’s so many ways they can go with his and kaiju they can use. If Stern can give us a topper like BKSOR with Godzilla’s head moving and mouth opens when he roars. Then have destroyed buildings with fire like BK. They can put a bright blue light in the mouth when he uses his nuclear breath.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

These are all amazing ideas...
...soooooo we're probably saying "not likely for 2021," yeah?
(And tempest thank you for not making me feel like a loner for loving the Heisei era films.)

So possible 2021 release!

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

It might happen, the movie has just been pushed up for a March release instead of May.
Here is the beginning part of the article about the movie's release:
A truly monstrous showdown is about to take place ahead of schedule.
Warner Bros. bumped up the release date of Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, two months earlier than its previously scheduled May date. (The COVID-19 pandemic previously delayed the film from a November 2020 release.) Per Warner's new release strategy, the film will be available in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously.
Come on Stern, get on this NOW!!!

That’s awesome news! Stern don’t fail me.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Cabinet art
Left cabinet Godzilla, Right cabinet King Ghidra.
Left head Gamera, right head Mothra

Left cabinet Godzilla using fire breath.
Left head MechaGodzilla
Right cabinet King Ghidorah firing their electricity
Right head Mothra

2DFA28BB-EFBC-4D85-A584-CEC27A17B4F2 (resized).jpeg2DFA28BB-EFBC-4D85-A584-CEC27A17B4F2 (resized).jpeg64AE5B1D-7657-4F18-9EA8-294B2AB660BC (resized).jpeg64AE5B1D-7657-4F18-9EA8-294B2AB660BC (resized).jpeg97565A32-86CF-4D01-8120-B4EE2701067D (resized).jpeg97565A32-86CF-4D01-8120-B4EE2701067D (resized).jpegACF456D3-3E11-4D7C-828E-AA198E4C44E2 (resized).jpegACF456D3-3E11-4D7C-828E-AA198E4C44E2 (resized).jpeg
#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Godpinzilla:

Side staduim lighting to mimic the atomic breath in game play and a wide body would be cool

Hell you at would. Powerbladez would be awesome also.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I hope Stern makes a Super LE for this theme. I've been waiting my whole life for Godzilla and anything and everything will go if necessary for this release. I could possibly buy both the LE and the Pro if the art is good enough and if the Premium and Pro are significantly different... sort of like Game of Thrones or Black Knight.
I think that it is almost certain that the button on the lockdown bar will be for Godzilla's atomic breath. I've always envisioned Godzilla's scales running the length of the side rails. At the least, I'd like to see a laser cut side rail that lights up or anything original for the machine's armor. I just hope that the powder coat is not green. It is a common misconception that Godzilla is green as he is usually depicted that way in comics and other artwork.

This may be possibly my first LE. I hope they don’t do green either for the powder coat. He was actually charcoal grey or black from the 60’s through the 90’s. Hopefully they go all out on this and Toho doesn’t put on the hand cuffs like Led Zeppelin did to Stern.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So it's confirmed/established that lz coming out barren and totally uninspired was the bands fault?

That’s what people are suspecting and saying. The cost of the license was not cheap and I believe Stern did not have much creative control.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts every time I see Godzilla pictured as green. (You can imagine my delight with Godzilla 2000. Thanks a lot, Hanna Barbera!)

I usually don’t like to talk about Hanna Barbera lol. Was never a big fan of their cartoons and the green Godzilla was just horrible. Looked nothing like Godzilla and looked like a giant lizard. Didn’t even get his spikes correct

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I'd better drain this thread before I call my distributor.

Don’t drain it!! Lol. You know you can’t do it and you will call your distributor.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Don't worry PINSTADIUM is already working on an upgrade for this..

No kidding? That would be cool.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

True. Stranger Things at first i was not fond of for the cash grab for uv light kit. I purchased one after the 1.0 code came out. I enjoy it and play it more than my TMNT. Yep they should have done the features in a different way. Tolerances are too tight. But even with that i still enjoy playing it more than some of the others. BKSOR for me was fun but way too shallow. Getting to the final stage was the only challenge as you saw the other modes in only a few games. would have been better if there was a second level to the modes.
I would have hoped Lyman was on the code for godzilla but i feel he is not done with elvira.

Stranger Things is definitely a sleeper and underrated game IMO. I own it and the family and I love it. I also own BKSOR premium and love it also. Hoping my deposit for EHOH comes through.

If Lyman coded Godzilla that would be epic. EHOH is such a fun and great game. I play it every time when I am on location. Always that one more game feel. Hopefully we hear something soon about Godzilla especially with the new movie coming up.

#217 3 years ago

Really looking forward to the movie. Hopefully we get an announcement from Stern sooner than later.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Didn't he grab a power line, or get zapped by lightning or something? Can't recall...
(Ugh, back to the bluray to check... )

He got hit with lightning and then super charged with electricity.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Didn't he grab a power line, or get zapped by lightning or something? Can't recall...
(Ugh, back to the bluray to check... )

Go to 6:05

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I want to say struck by Lightning from what I have read.
edit: I just saw the movie clip Thanks

I posted the video a few replies back on this page. It was lightning

#276 3 years ago

So how does everyone feel about the new trailer for the new movie?

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yep that's me getting hassled at the mall again . Anything Godzilla has been an all-time favorite for me , the cheesier the better . This photo was when I was trick-or-treating with my granddaughter at the mall, that was so much fun, She went dressed as a butterfly And I couldn't resist To referring to her as Mothra the whole evening .
[quoted image]

That’s so awesome!! Your a great grandpa. What a memory.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

freaking ripped!!!
HBO max/streaming has most of the godzilla movies old/new on, except the first in the recent trilogy. I have that on dvd. ALso kong skull island. So I plan on crushing some godzilla this weekend

That’s so cool they have most of the movies available. I don’t have HBO max but can’t wait to see it in theatres. Hopefully an IMAX release.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Maybe one, maybe the other....???
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome : )

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Probably no chance of Gamera and Godzilla on the same pin, yeah? Different licenses, I think?

Different license unfortunately. But no big deal. Godzilla has more than enough monsters.

#321 3 years ago

Whose going opening day to see Kong vs Godzilla?

#325 3 years ago

Going opening day to my basement and HBO MAX.

I do not have HBO and I hope IMAX gets it.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Watching it now, what a gas !

Great movie and yeah the Kong suit blows.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

there are like 3 other games I've heard first....

Which 3?

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I enjoy it much more with the new code on location.

I have STH pro and new code is awesome especially with the Cleland custom soundtrack.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Harry Potter stinks. Godzilla would be great but no interest at all in boys doing magic. Leave that for JJP thank u very much.

Stern would not handle Potter well at all. That’s definitely a JJP pin. I think Stern can pull off Godzilla. Here’s hoping.

#401 3 years ago

When will Stern make an announcement for the next pin?

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They announced Led Zeppelin on December 15, so if they stay on the 90 day cornerstone model that puts them in mid-March for their next announcement. That is right about the time the Godzilla Vs Kong movie hits theaters.

That would be perfect timing. Thanks for letting me know.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Looks like Godzilla just rolled through the strangers thing club thread. From what I hear he destroyed hawkins.
[quoted image]

The carnage is horrible

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Photo credit to someone in the “next stern” thread
[quoted image]

So what in the hell can it be?? This pic raises more questions than answers??

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

They are selling puzzles. There’s a zombi yeti puzzle listed in their shop as well

Stupid me for thinking it was a pin reveal. Just more merchandise

#423 3 years ago

Not stupid. I think it is a hint and usually whatever the next release is prior to announcement its already known on Pinside. Its Godzilla, hopefully oldschool. If thats the style of art then man I'm loving it already.

I thought if it’s based on the new movies I would be ok with it, but now a definitely want the old school Godzilla I grew up with watching in the 70’s. Not sure on drawn art or actual shots from the movies. But that art style on the puzzle is killer.

#426 3 years ago

A King Kong vs Godzilla pin with Z Yeti art would be fine but nothing is gonna top 70's Zilla from Japan.

Exactly!!

#429 3 years ago

Great find Mrclean!!

BFBD26E3-E641-47BA-A26C-9F1B83DC76E3 (resized).jpegBFBD26E3-E641-47BA-A26C-9F1B83DC76E3 (resized).jpeg
#430 3 years ago

Hopefully we get an announcement this month.

#446 3 years ago

I have STh pro and it’s the families favorite pin, at least till EHOH arrives.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m in for Premium / LE on Godzilla anyway...also...there are almost TWO sterns....the IMDN EHOH JP DP Stern and the STH LZ BK SW Stern. We’ve got about a 50% chance of getting a SICK Godzilla. Crossing my fingers.

Godzilla may be my first LE. But will wait and see. No way ordering site unseen. LZ LE case in point for me.

#457 3 years ago

My daughter bought this poster for me just because she loves me. I love this art work. Would love each half on the back box if it was a Kong vs Godzilla pin.

720E1ACB-5F70-4F9C-A6AD-AD137F721752 (resized).jpeg720E1ACB-5F70-4F9C-A6AD-AD137F721752 (resized).jpeg
#459 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

From the ’next Stern thread’
“I contacted a dealer I know to see if he had any leads on a Medieval Madness and he asked me if I wanted a Godzilla said he would have them in May....”

No kidding?!!

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

From the ’next Stern thread’
“I contacted a dealer I know to see if he had any leads on a Medieval Madness and he asked me if I wanted a Godzilla said he would have them in May....”

Contacted my distributor and he hasn’t heard anything unfortunately.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, this is what I’m thinking as well. Eddy next up would make sense in the rotation at stern. Elwin in August/September on Godzilla with Zombie Yeti art would be a dream for me and many others in sure. Elwin always brings something new into his games.
I wonder which game Lyman is working on... you know there’s got to be a Kapow title launch sometime in 2021.

So if Godzilla

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Could be your distributor knows and is honoring Stern's request not to divulge anything about future titles.

That’s what I was thinking.

#465 3 years ago

K-man claims Eddy is next, Borg in the summer and Elwin is on Godzilla in Q3/Q4 after the next borg. We shall see i guess.

So if Q3/4 for Godzilla, when can we expect an announcement for it? New to pinball and really new to NIB Stern so not familiar with their rollout schedule.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Its almost a guarantee that If Elwin had a game in Q3/Q4 Stern wouldn't announce it until August or September. Their announce to launch timeline is literally a week or two. And I agree with the above that you should wait unless you really want a LE. But I choose to wait because there are always mechanical issues with the first runs of Stern machines...
-Look at Led Zep with the Magid rising spinner...
-Look at AIQ with the subway issues, captain marvel ramp issues, and Dr Strange disk leveling issue. (I was in on the first run of premiums and ran into all of these issues)
-TMNT with the ramp diverter issue on the Prem/LE, Turtle bus lock issue on the pro...
-Jurassic park with the flipper post chipping the playfield...
-Iron Maiden with the upper loop issue...
This is why I choose to wait for the "early adopters" to let Stern know what to fix. I personally love seeing the progression of the code and how the game becomes more polished over time. AIQ is an excellent example this.

Have to agree with you there. Unless an LE is a must have definitely worth passing on the first batch so any issues surface. Those first purchasers are technically beta testers. The Led Zeppelin spinner issue is something that should have been caught prior to production and shipping.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it has baby godzilla im getting one. Especially if there is a smoke ring mode

21638F9D-D033-457C-952B-BCF45C0F61D8 (resized).jpeg21638F9D-D033-457C-952B-BCF45C0F61D8 (resized).jpeg
#486 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The spinner issue is fixed already, wasn't a huge issue at all. I really enjoy the early ownership, seeing code evolve, problems solved. Prob gonna order a GZ le ,

Glad it’s fixed. I haven’t followed the LZ thread lately since LZ for me was a disappointment. GZ le if done right and worth it will be my first le purchase. But artwork for me will definitely be important on the cabinet. Did not care for LZ le DP le or TMNT le artwork at all.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah Led Zeppelin Prem/LE is a great game and has been trouble free for me aside from a few very minor tweaks. The new software already fixed the spinner issue and added a whole lot more game play fun. This game is a long term keeper.
I still think the next game will be a vault edition the likes of which we haven't seen before. In other words a DMD game updated to Spike 2 with LCD and 2.1 sound... After that will be Godzilla or Bond or Jaws.

Wouldn’t surprise if they did a POTC since JJP prices for theirs have gone insane. Updated LCD and 2.1 sound would be killer.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I severely doubt POTC would be considered. Stern was not allowed to use any of the voices or even the lines from the movies. That would not translate to LCD and stereo very well. If this happens, my bet is on LoTR, Tron or even Ghostbusters.

I just played POTC and Depps voice was on it when a mode started and I believe Captain Balbosa also. Ghostbusters would be cool. But every time I play it a come away not liking it enough to be buy but the theme is one I love since I saw it when it came out originally in movie theaters.

Quoted from pinball2020:

Joining in the chorus of the choir.
As cool and desperate sounding that I want this - I will wait and look for a premium once I can either play it/see enough of it/wait for early adopters to tell us their tales of wonder - and tales of woe.
Minya Smoke Ring Multi Ball has a nice sound to it though I don't think we will see it (that is the name of Godzilla's son for those who weren't sure what I was talking about ).

I can’t preorder a pin without seeing any pics of it at least. I am glad I didn’t blindly preorder LZ le I just didn’t care for the artwork at all but in hand pics do look much better I have to admit. Love the band a ton but not the pin. Just feels like a SR pin with LZ music playing. Doesn’t feel like a LZ pinball to me at all.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those are voice actors hired by Stern and they were not allowed to say lines from the movie.

Did a good enough job apparently, it fooled me.

#497 3 years ago

Haskins Theatre's in Arizona are showing the original Godzilla cos King King starting Sunday. Going to take my kids on Monday. Check your local theatres.

909FCB73-9C6C-4253-9690-3D8FB401E86A (resized).jpeg909FCB73-9C6C-4253-9690-3D8FB401E86A (resized).jpeg
#506 3 years ago

Saw King Kong vs Godzilla with my kids today.

F2538295-81ED-4079-B7EA-1265614A64E6 (resized).jpegF2538295-81ED-4079-B7EA-1265614A64E6 (resized).jpeg72670057-7999-4E6F-9FC7-2F34933C83E0 (resized).jpeg72670057-7999-4E6F-9FC7-2F34933C83E0 (resized).jpeg002F6DB9-9ADC-4DCB-9A14-1338E7A9B34D (resized).jpeg002F6DB9-9ADC-4DCB-9A14-1338E7A9B34D (resized).jpeg20393C6F-7B3E-42D5-A2CF-1B0FCC3A021D (resized).jpeg20393C6F-7B3E-42D5-A2CF-1B0FCC3A021D (resized).jpeg86A00E2D-9385-4B79-B230-0A60FDB52996 (resized).jpeg86A00E2D-9385-4B79-B230-0A60FDB52996 (resized).jpeg164FA4AC-1E48-4D55-B1A3-466A0BDC0346 (resized).jpeg164FA4AC-1E48-4D55-B1A3-466A0BDC0346 (resized).jpeg

DD16B457-7DB2-495E-94EF-CEC43CB20BD3 (resized).jpegDD16B457-7DB2-495E-94EF-CEC43CB20BD3 (resized).jpeg05E71666-A3F8-4D9A-B4F3-C760D31E2B2D (resized).jpeg05E71666-A3F8-4D9A-B4F3-C760D31E2B2D (resized).jpeg
#509 3 years ago

Man do I want that on a pinball LCD display. I really hope they don't go modern style. It will still be a better than most coming out these days but the old school "man in a gorilla/Godzilla suit would be so great.

I definitely would love to see these scenes in there. That would be be awesome. I prefer old Godzilla but would not turn down the new ones. I hope we hear something soon. The movie was so awesome to watch in theaters. My kids loved it.

#512 3 years ago

I wouldn't either its a good pinball theme regardless of the era.

Exactly! The new ones would have some killer sound effects to pull from. Either way adding a sub woofer to it.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

For sure the subsonics in Godzilla [2014] were some of the best. I like to replay the train trestle scene to give the windows a good rattle.

Most definitely! Love when Godzilla gets ready to fire his atomic breathe. That build up sound effects in his spikes is sick!!

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats cheapest. That will be what they use.

Kinda have to agree with this.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

No love around here for 90's (heisei) era godzilla as a possible theme?

I would not turn one down. Anything but the 1995 Godzilla with Broderick works for me.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stoked!!! Will watch on HBOMAX, then going to battle w DirectTv gutting it yet again ( damn bill keeps going up and up until I spend an eternity on the phone, threatening to throw it in the yard).

I dropped DirectTV a while ago. Got so damn expensive.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nothing beats G in black and white.

American version with Raymond Burr. Still a great movie that holds up today. G vs KK made $90 million in China and $125 million international. 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Everyone knew this movie was gonna stink. The pin is not based on the movie.

It was far from stinking. A lot of monsters fighting and less focus on the human story line. I could careless about an Oscar performance. Not sure what you were expecting. My kids and I really liked it and were not disappointed. Just kept our expectations low and enjoyed it for what it was. Better than most of the crap made today.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Just saying..... Watched the movie last night. Wasnt expecting the Godfather or an oscar winning performance. But it was alot of fun and exactly what I wanted it to be! Kong and Godzilla beating the shit out of each other!!
And honestly..... I felt like the movie was PERFECT for a pin theme! I was picturing all the modes that could be used while watching.
Could be a great pin if done right.

That’s what I wanted and that’s what we got, Kong and Godzilla beating the crap out of each other. I would love a pin based on the movie.

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

UGH. Kid pours liquid on terminal to kill Mechagodzilla.. The End.
I guess they needed the kids to have some function in the movie?? Avengers Infinity War it ain't.

That part sucked I will admit that.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Oh really? How much less could you care? It's "I COULDN'T care less" get it right next time and for the rest of your life!

Did I hurt your little feelings? I could CARELESS if I did. In case you can’t keep up I did that on purpose. Grammar Nazi. Move along son and have a happy Easter and try to relax. Try not melting down when someone doesn’t agree with you. Will not reply to you because I try not to waste my time having a discussion with certain types of people.
35DD4FC4-2D0F-4631-82B8-2D7B7247981E (resized).jpeg35DD4FC4-2D0F-4631-82B8-2D7B7247981E (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The whole movie was awful. 2 hours of my life I can never get back.

So tell me then why are you here besides trolling. What did you expect Gone with the Wind? It’s a giant monster movie and fan rating on Rotten Tomatoes is 92% and critic score of 75%. So you are clearly the minority. So go ahead and feel free to leave this thread and bash Godzilla on the Next Stern thread. It was a really good Godzilla movie and most fans who have been there for over 40 years really enjoyed it. There’s 3 minutes of my life I won’t get back responding to you.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I say this all the time but it never really registers with pinheads, but themes are picked not to please pinball collectors. Themes are picked for their ability to go way beyond pinball players, sales are about themes not code, not designer, not layouts.
If you make Nirvana people are going to buy it and the mass majority of people who buy it won’t own a pinball machine.
Godzilla based on TOHO or the newest movies its not going to matter... Godzilla pinball is going to be a MASSIVE seller in Asia just like Iron Maiden was a huge seller in Europe. Godzilla will sell to pinheads, but the theme is so massive in Asia I would expect a TON of sales there. At the end of the day stern is not in the pinball business they’re in the manufacturing business. They want to keep those lines going and they could care less who buys them. Godzilla is going to sell!

To any company it’s about the bottom line and as making as much money as possible. The amount that would be sold in Japan would be huge just there because Godzilla is still a big deal. It will do well here and if done right on route also.

Godzilla is very well known and would most likely draw interest from non pinball players to play and possibly buy. People don’t realize how popular Godzilla is. In this stupid pandemic Godzilla vs Kong has made $350 million globally.

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

To any company it’s about the bottom line and as making as much money as possible. The amount that would be sold in Japan would be huge just there because Godzilla is still a big deal. It will do well here and if done right on route also.
Godzilla is very well known and would most likely draw interest from non pinball players to play and possibly buy. People don’t realize how popular Godzilla is. In this stupid pandemic Godzilla vs Kong has made $350 million globally.

Stern might as well have a factory in a Japan to make Godzilla pins. It would and will sell like mad. The yen would be coming in hand over fist.

The movie was far from perfect, but so were all other Godzilla movies. It’s just giant monsters beating the crap out of each other. I honestly don’t know what people were expecting. I just wanted to see Godzilla and Kong fight and then fight MechaGodzilla. For me they delivered and making $350 million globally during a pandemic and limited seating is pretty damn good. Theatre’s are not opening all seats and many people are too afraid to go out and see it.

Plus the global earnings are not factoring in HBO Max. It was the most watched on it.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

For Sale: Sega Godzilla plastic sets. This 15 piece plastic set was reproduced by an experienced artist with over 30 years in the buisness. These sets were printed by a professional print shop with industry standard equipment on PETG plastic at 0.080 thickness. Each piece was lazer cut to leave a smooth polished edge. Theses sets are LIMITED to 1st come first served. Individual pieces will not be sold, only sets. $180 with FREE shipping to the continental US. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

How dare you post anything related to that abomination of a movie. That is Zilla not Godzilla. Kidding of course but it’s not a Godzilla movie though. If it would have been a different monster movie on its own, then it’s actually a decent movie.

#637 3 years ago

I think its more a case of people who liked it or even loved it getting "butt hurt" about the fact others thought it stank.

Not butthurt but puzzled why a Godzilla fan thought it the whole movie sucked. Tell me when any Godzilla movie had a deep plot and didn’t have flaws? I went in with zero expectations and enjoyed it.

I took it for what it was, two monsters who knocked the hell out of each other. Yes it had flaws, and plot holes, but those who think it stinks all together are the minority.

Some people take pinball and movies way to seriously. Godzilla vs Kong was entertaining to many people. No political crap or woke nonsense. So I am not butthurt, but do not agree with overly negative and exaggerated criticism without pointing anything out positive. That shows bias.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stranger Things can be quiet. It should have been a good game...but...it’s medicore at best. It’s a shame too ‘cause I love the show but I cannot bring myself to appreciate this game.

Have you played it since the latest code updates? My family and I really love it.

1 week later
#647 2 years ago

So Godzilla vs Kong has grossed $390 million. Not bad considering theatre's are not open at 100%

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Thread crash and burn... Kong wins this one.

I had my money on Godzilla

#668 2 years ago

So when is Stern going to announce its next pin (hopefully) Godzilla?

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Seeing as Mandalorian is only being announced this week id say at least 3mo from now still (if at all)

Well at least the fall and maybe in time for the holidays. Hell I will be lucky if stern makes my Elvira by then.

1 week later
#694 2 years ago

So will LE’s be jacked up by scalper distributors and sold out before the official announcement and reveal like Mandolarian? If so, I am already out and in for a premium. No way will I pay over $12k for a pin let alone sight unseen, I don’t care what the theme is.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Anyone else notice the date shown during the Madalorian attract mode was April 27th 2021?
Offical US release date April 27th 1956.....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla,_King_of_the_Monsters!

Nice catch! I did not notice that. Nice Easter egg possibly.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Or just be patient and get a nice HUO LE when prices calm down. I never understood the need to be one of the first to get a game. Wait to see how the code develops and how it really plays. Pro might even prove to be the better playing game.

I agree. I was just curious if a new trend was being started by distributors jacking up prices. And used LE prices being asked are way over retail also now. With Mando, the pro is the way to go.

<block-quote cite="#6289982">BallyKISS1978 - Or just plan for a premium and let them work out all the bugs on the Limited and Pro versions first. Unless you really want the different limited stuff (but you can always add your own shaker motor ).

That definitely is solid advice. Some games the pro is the better option like with Mando, Turtles, Munsters ect. No LE I have seen lately is a must have for me and worth the up charge.

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Who knows. Mandolarian was the first game from Stern that I can recall being sold out before it was announced. Maybe IMDN? Usually if you call around the day pictures are released you will be able to get an LE at retail.

Mando went over more than I thought it would. Usually the new shiny thing effect happens, but Mando definitely was a surprise since we already have a Star Wars pin out with luke warm results.

2 weeks later
#712 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Hard to say how well Mandelorian has done since nobody has one. I ordered a pro on day one.

Best option it seems. Too bad no wire form ramps though. I like the artwork on the pro the best. The magnet is really a waste on the premium, and the upper playfield seems clunky.

2 weeks later
#734 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Godzilla Singular Point is pretty good actually...
Looking forward to a Godzilla Pin!

Is it on Netflix now?

1 week later
#740 2 years ago

So is Godzilla going to be announced or is the teaser pic actually going to be a bowling ball??

49344EC3-EF14-4827-AE86-8E1D33FE367D (resized).jpeg49344EC3-EF14-4827-AE86-8E1D33FE367D (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#761 2 years ago

And now with LE’s getting a price increase by distributors on top of it doesn’t help. There has been no LE at this point I have preferred over a pro or premium. But I just started collecting and playing in 2019, but looking back on Stern LEs not one I would have spent the money on.

I did put my name on a list for an LE but he told me he will be charging more on top of the MSRP. Godzilla is dream theme for me so got on a list. Still don’t think I will get one especially if he’s going to charge $2000 + more over MSRP.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Godzilla Seriously ? Must be running out of ideas

If you can’t understand that Godzilla is still very popular and has had fans for decades starting in 1954 I can’t help you. Did you bitch about spooky making Ultraman? A far less popular theme BTW and it still sold out. Glad your not advising spooky or stern.

4 weeks later
#830 2 years ago

So when will the announcement be you think?

C27F96F5-CF85-4204-A75B-E8A6556FB76A (resized).pngC27F96F5-CF85-4204-A75B-E8A6556FB76A (resized).png
#832 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anxiously awaiting to see layout!

I know. Wonder if will be similar to JP and IMdn

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Been trying to sell blood, no takers

Try plasma. More money in it.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder how many I'll have to sell to buy 1

Especially now that premiums are a grand more now.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Why are the sterns always broken down needing repairs on site ? And that’s within a day or two of a brand spanker machine being sited ? And now stern want more money ??

I know. Prices going up but QC and quality will not. Another grand extra in sterns pockets. They held up production so they can charge more for already made pins like JP GOTG and IMDn. Pure cash grab. No way QR reader and wife comes anywhere near a grand. Godzilla will be my last NIB because it’s a dream theme for me.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When is the big price increase coming through? Have the amounts of the increase been identified?

Already has. Guardians pro new price and JP premium
E1C04545-1B1F-46FA-974D-8F0B5858D811 (resized).jpegE1C04545-1B1F-46FA-974D-8F0B5858D811 (resized).jpeg

618DC1E3-F7EA-4D0C-8996-99B0A5628A0A (resized).png618DC1E3-F7EA-4D0C-8996-99B0A5628A0A (resized).png
#850 2 years ago

Stern Insider Podcast - Gomez confirmed September Game is an Elwin! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

When will the announcement be then? Soon I hope

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I am a huge Godzilla fan and it would be my first LE. I would not flip it and I do not see myself paying more than Stern charges. 10K would be a real reach for me let alone 11, 12, or 13.

Can not justify $10k for any game. As of now there has been no LE I liked that much. Expect $13k to $14.5k on day one. I will be ok with a premium.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

From what a few dealers have posted (cointaker and hemisphere) the price increase is way higher then that. $600 on pros and $1000 on premiums. $200 would be way better!

And whatever distributors want to add to LE price. Can be $2000 and up. I am out on LEs before I even started.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm about 10 years into the hobby and have yet to own a "LE" or a "CE". AC/DC premium was the most I'd paid for a game up to my Ultraman preorder.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c6b34360dbb141418aeb46149d895df8b636d109-1630620739-1800"};
//]]>

Halloween CE is my most expensive. Started collecting in 2019. So teaser tomorrow for Godzilla??

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

The Spike 2 system has been rock solid for us. I usually see issues when taking out of the box or within the first few days but after that its usually just replacing coil stops (they are cheaply made). What issues are you specifically seeing? Our oldest game is a Beatles Gold with 46000 plays.

46,000 plays?!! Wow!! So still playing well?

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hahaha same here. That’s like $40k profit on one game….crazy. I’m lucky to pull a few hundred a week

How long before you start making a profit on a routed game?

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Looks like I am going to be picking up an Avengers now so Godzilla will have to wait for me. Anyone interested in this 1998 Toho rubber hand puppet I had picked up to incorporate into a potential topper? It's pretty heavy duty and detailed. They usually go for $60 plus on eBay, if anyone wants it I would do $45 shipped just let me know.[quoted image][quoted image]

Not putting a Zilla on my Godzilla. That movie is like Voldemort, the movie that must not be named.

Joking aside, what model Avengers? I am leaning towards a pro. That’s on my radar as is Jurassic Park Premium.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Tron pro first runs were actually $5699msrp but sold at $4800 shipped from distros... second and third runs were priced at the same msrp but i remember seeing best buy offering the pro for $4700-4800 plus tax and shipping for a while as pinball was loosing its steam around this time..then Avatar was a big miss... then BOOM! ACDC REIGNITED THE FIRE AND PASSION FOR PINBALL FOLLOWED BY METALLICA the following year METALLICA! Lyman on rules made pinball the best it could be! Hope to see him still in PINBALL!

Elwin right now is the modern day Ritchie. He’s gold right now. After Godzilla I want JP and AIQ.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Unfortunately I am changing my guess from Godzilla to Rampage (the video game where the people turn into giant monsters that was also re-released as part of Arcade1Up) as their next machine. Will wait and see and still hoping it is Godzilla. If Rampage want to see game play first.

It’s Godzilla. Don’t worry. It’s definitely not Rampage. Would be a horrible seller.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Old school Godzilla - kick ass.

Now cabinet art speculation?? Photo realistic? Cartoony, or like GB? Combo of both?

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah I'm the same. I'm not sure if it's a demographic thing about so many people jumping up and down about old school Toho Godzilla. But just because it was the Godzilla I watched as a kid, doesn't make me want it more than the modern Godzilla.

I grew up in the 70’s watching TOHO Godzilla so yeah I am really happy with this announcement. But as an all around Dan of Godzilla, a pin based on the new movies would be cool.

But those are not as well liked and the old TOHO movies have a much larger appeal and fan base. That was the best way for Stern to go on this one. And probably the only way TOHO would agree to. Just speculation and my opinion.

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Any sense on how limited of a run we should expect Godzilla LE and Godzilla Premium to be?

Speculation 1000 for LE. Premium no clue. But I would not worry. Especially if the premium turns out like JP. Should have no issue getting one over the next couple of years.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good to know (or at least to hope), thx! Yeah, I found myself preferring the Star Trek Pro over the Premium/LE, and I like the Stranger Things Premium more than the LE, so I'm hoping (for my wallet's and for availability's sake) that I'll gravitate towards the Premium over the LE, at least. Here's to hoping that there will be a detailed features matrix when they announce on the 14th!

So far no LE has interested me. Some I prefer pro, and others the premium. JP3 premium over pro, and AIQ pro over premium. Hopefully I hate the LE. I don’t want to have to pay the additional distributor up charge on it like they were doing on Mando LE’s

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

it’s zombie yeti so like ghostbusters is a good guess.

That’s what I am thinking

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Given how bad the last few Godzilla movies have been, I doubt TOHO would push that angle. The last movie was so bad, it made me reach for the 1998 version.

Come on it was not that bad. That was a joke I hope. No Godzilla movie is that bad, well Godzilla Raids Again is bad. But not bad enough to turn to Zilla.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now that it’s been confirmed consider flipping your title to GZ hype thread.
Makes sense and less threads the better.
Following - Party on.

Will do

#954 2 years ago

So full reveal on Tuesday? I get my first Elwin pin on Monday!

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm anxiously awaiting the reveal, moved last year and sold 3 pins at that time, I'm looking to level up and hope it's as great as JP

I hope it is also so that way I don’t have to buy JP. I have AIQ coming and Halloween CE. Can only swing one more pin, barely. Sold three pins also.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"YES"
"Y"eti
"E"lwin
"S"tern

Doesn’t get much better than that does it?

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Can't wait for the full reveal. Elwin has made 3 amazing games so far, can't wait to try out his next. The only thing that could turn me off buying this game is if Dwight is on code.
Do you think Stern ponied up for the license to Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla or are we gonna have to hack it in?

Hack it in I bet

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Aiq premium over pro all day. I lean toward pros but that game is so much more fun as a premium. (Still sold mine but premium all the way on that one)

Yeah I just preferred the pro on AIQ. My daughter did also. For me the extra ramp and rising spinner wasn’t worth the extra $2000 over what I got the pro for.

#999 2 years ago

So reveal on Tuesday??

#1010 2 years ago

Hopefully reveal tomorrow

#1048 2 years ago

Only thing disturbin

Quoted from epthegeek:

Has anybody stopped to consider that just maybe it’s got a ton in it and that’s why it’s more expensive?

This will be the new pricing for all games. Not just Godzilla. Godzilla will be my last NIB purchase.

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

So you think the next game may be cheaper because it’s less packed?

No. This will be for all games. $600 more for pros, and a $1000 for premiums. LEs will be whatever more distributors will tack on.

Look how much Mando LEs sold for on day one. Now many are sitting for sale and are hovering around $11.5k vs $14k on average asking price. There will be many flippers on LEs I bet.

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The OP surrendered in the battle
Of hype threads, unable to accept being unofficial.

I can honestly careless and don’t need validation from pinheads. It was suggested I changed it to hype thread. I only changed it once.

#1390 2 years ago

Blue Oyster Cult Godzilla song is in it.

9E5EADEA-155D-4B68-A1C1-21760E562034 (resized).png9E5EADEA-155D-4B68-A1C1-21760E562034 (resized).pngB0BDFC6D-F00E-4706-A0EC-4D959AB158C3 (resized).pngB0BDFC6D-F00E-4706-A0EC-4D959AB158C3 (resized).png73D7F204-9C04-49DC-99C7-A104D788325A (resized).png73D7F204-9C04-49DC-99C7-A104D788325A (resized).png6B098D59-6326-400F-B66B-86BFDB6E8A02 (resized).png6B098D59-6326-400F-B66B-86BFDB6E8A02 (resized).pngEBCD6613-83B6-4B4F-883C-44039B00A565 (resized).pngEBCD6613-83B6-4B4F-883C-44039B00A565 (resized).png
#1393 2 years ago

I changed the name to hype thread by suggestion of a pinsider. For some reason it was changed back to the old title for some reason. I did not change it to the old title. Someone started an official hype thread after mine was already done. I can careless tbh. I don’t need my ego stroked or care what certain people think tbh. Just a fan of Godzilla and pinball. Some of you take it way too serious.

#1401 2 years ago

Stupid price

BD5B4452-F8FE-4D7F-ABDE-2D2B6A43E353 (resized).pngBD5B4452-F8FE-4D7F-ABDE-2D2B6A43E353 (resized).png
#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I like the art, so please don't take this as me trying to improve Zombie Yeti's work. I keep thinking back to how pinball art looked 10 years ago where theme integration was a couple clip art items on the playfield, with stock photos of actors on the inserts - Stern has come a long way by using the talents of Dirty Donnie and Zombie Yeti and their machines now look like modern pop art. I love it.
For those that are complaining about the color, what would it take? Is it a "canon" thing, or more a reaction to the color composition? If, for example, Godzilla's green was taken down a notch, does it work better for you?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks a lot better. The artwork color for Godzilla as it is currently looks like the Marvel comics version from the 1970’s. So ZY definitely got inspiration from that color pallet. I am not a fan of it and a darker color for Godzilla would have been better in my opinion.

AD39E312-EAAA-4D4B-B4E9-C0C135E01A79 (resized).jpegAD39E312-EAAA-4D4B-B4E9-C0C135E01A79 (resized).jpeg
#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think a lot of the reason why ZY did the style of art that he did is because he is likely limited to the detail of the art. When doing art that is printed it needs to meet a certain criteria. He likely stayed within the boundaries of his detail for the sake of money in the complexity of the printing scale.

He went with the comic style from the marvel comics in the 70’s. Godzilla is the same green color from issue #1

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

He mentions in the Stern Insider podcast that he did a lot of different iterations of the design, and wasn't truly happy with any of them, but ultimately, you gotta do something and move forward. I agree, that between the mix of his art style, making it pinball-colorful, conforming to pinball shot-info, what he had to work with for sources of inspiration, etc. - well, this is what you get. It's great, other than watermelon Godzilla, imo. But... it'll just make me giggle over time, that's about it. Still fantastic work all-around. I mean, we have HOW MANY iterations of Godzilla over time... why not one more unique one

It’s not unique. Been done before.

5D02D604-7AFC-4C30-B9DC-F627B75CFB9F (resized).jpeg5D02D604-7AFC-4C30-B9DC-F627B75CFB9F (resized).jpeg
#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Ya it's close, in proportions/color, but I don't instantly think watermelon when looking at that issue

I never said exact copy. My other post said inspired by. He pretty much used it and tweaked it and made it his own. So the watermelon is his idea.

#1663 2 years ago

Whoever keeps changing my topic title please stop it already!! I changed it to hype thread once the game was revealed.

#1878 2 years ago

Did anyone see the bridge break?

#1915 2 years ago

Going to secure a JP premium at the end of the year. Going to wait on Godzilla. I have AIQ pro to keep me busy and they are not going to make JP forever. That’s a game I can’t pass on. Will look for a used Godzilla at some point.

The artwork just doesn’t thrill me at all. I don’t hate it, but just wish was more along the lines of JP with a more realistic look to match the movie assets.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hard to believe you're passing. You've been so jacked for this theme. Dont let the art get ya down,

The price also is an issue. I just can’t justify near $9k plus I have my wife’s Halloween coming. I am number 481. This way any issues will be resolved by the time I am ready. I don’t mind waiting.

Glad you guys who are getting it are really happy. Just want a JP and love the theme. I saw JP when it came out at a drive in San Diego when I was in the Navy with my wife and my son who passed alway a couple years later.

#1949 2 years ago

Definitely better toy options for Godzilla out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.