EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 40.
#1 3 years ago

I am supper pumped for this. Old or new Godzilla I don’t care!!

#2 3 years ago

Pretty sure we all saw that post. Pretty sure ‘most’ of us took it for what it was (not an absolute confirmation).

Also, does that IFPA state champion award have the state name misspelled? Okalhoma?

#3 3 years ago

I'd be interested for sure, dream theme for me. Any of the main eras would be fine with me, just not Zilla - besides that's already been done in the Sega era. 2021 would be a good time for a modern era Godzilla theme with the upcoming Godzilla / Kong crossover.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Also, does that IFPA state champion award have the state name misspelled? Okalhoma?

I have claimed the title of state champion of Culorado

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

I'd be interested for sure, dream theme for me. Any of the main eras would be fine with me, just not Zilla - besides that's already been done in the Sega era. 2021 would be a good time for a modern era Godzilla theme with the upcoming Godzilla / Kong crossover.

The sound effects alone will be amazing if they do the new movies. And the video segments would be killer. Especially when Godzilla breathes his radioactive fire.

#6 3 years ago

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018.

0f010dff751d6e457d6c61fc2d8e28b87a02f4f9 (resized).png0f010dff751d6e457d6c61fc2d8e28b87a02f4f9 (resized).png
#7 3 years ago

Wait.
This is a Piside thread based on a Youtube video based on Pinside thread?
Is this a chicken and egg kinda deal?

#8 3 years ago

Title has good potential. I'm not really that excited for it, as I really enjoy the Sega version.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Title has good potential. I'm not really that excited for it, as I really enjoy the Sega version.

I didn’t hate or love the Godzilla movie at least in title only with Matthew Broderick, but definitely hoping this blows away the Sega one.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018.[quoted image]

That’s pretty good

#11 3 years ago

Oiho State Champ here. Pumped, but not as pumped as I would be for a good supper.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am supper pumped for this. Old or new Godzilla I don’t care!!

What if it's 1998 Godzilla again?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wait.
This is a Piside thread based on a Youtube video based on Pinside thread?
Is this a chicken and egg kinda deal?

You mean chicken or the Godzilla egg, didn't you?

By the way I am from Cafliornia.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

You mean chicken or the Godzilla egg, didn't you?
By the way I am from Cafliornia.

But are you the state champ?

#15 3 years ago

I guess I don’t see Godzilla as that desirable of theme especially for Stern, but maybe I’m wrong. Kind of seems similar to Jurassic Park. Anyway, I always have an open mind!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

What if it's 1998 Godzilla again?

It’s only a Godzilla movie in name only. That is an abomination to me :p

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I guess I don’t see Godzilla as that desirable of theme especially for Stern, but maybe I’m wrong. Kind of seems similar to Jurassic Park. Anyway, I always have an open mind!

Similar but JP not better to me. I grew up watching Godzilla in the 70’s and 80’s so I am biased. But I did see Jurassic Park at a drive in theater in my Trans Am with my wife and son when it came out.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018.[quoted image]

Hmm...and we know Yeti is supposed to be doing Elwin's next game too. So the pieces would fit, although Elwin just had a game. That would be a quick turnaround.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm...and we know Yeti is supposed to be doing Elwin's next game too. So the pieces would fit, although Elwin just had a game. That would be a quick turnaround.

Elwin is a rockstar at the moment. they will let him pump out as many as possible I am sure.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Elwin is a rockstar at the moment. they will let him pump out as many as possible I am sure.

I agree. If I can get IM game play with a Godzilla theme sign me up.

#21 3 years ago

Hope it’s a king of the monsters , Kong vs Godzilla! Love them both and would be great with all the other monsters, and would be huge crossover hit if used new new or old school original.

#22 3 years ago

Exciting!!! Now I can get my boss into pinball too :b his all time favorite is the Godzilla franchise

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Exciting!!! Now I can get my boss into pinball too :b his all time favorite is the Godzilla franchise

There are a lot of people who grew up watching Godzilla including me. Hopefully this happens sooner than later.

#24 3 years ago

I’m so excited! I own a Japanese traditional tattoo shop and can finally put a pin in the shop that goes with the vibe! Especially if it is toho Godzilla! Hopefully sooner then later.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Watkinsd13:

I’m so excited! I own a Japanese traditional tattoo shop and can finally put a pin in the shop that goes with the vibe! Especially if it is toho Godzilla! Hopefully sooner then later.

That would be badass!!

#26 3 years ago

Third Place in New Maxico....(we are a state, i promise) I will try harder if there ever is a State tourney here again. GODZIRRRRAAAHHH

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Pretty sure we all saw that post. Pretty sure ‘most’ of us took it for what it was (not an absolute confirmation).

I bought the plaque off Ebay.

#28 3 years ago

I’m excited for a Godzilla pin but really cool that you own a Japanese tattoo shop post a few pics of the shop

#29 3 years ago

Oh man, just when I thought I could get away with just picking up a Munsters. I'm going to be in a lot of trouble when this gets announced...

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Hope it’s a king of the monsters , Kong vs Godzilla! Love them both and would be great with all the other monsters, and would be huge crossover hit if used new new or old school original.

I'd rather see these as two separate themes. King Kong from Data East looks sweet visually

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

I'd rather see these as two separate themes. King Kong from Data East looks sweet visually

I agree. Both Godzilla and King Kong are two headliners and deserve their own pin unless it was based specifically on Godzilla vs King Kong.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

KME already mentioned that he was working on his next title when AIQ was launched so its not really that fast of a turnaround.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

KME already mentioned that he was working on his next title when AIQ was launched so its not really that fast of a turnaround.

Actually I believe he said he was already working on or done with the design for #5 at that time.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Actually I believe he said he was already working on or done with the design for #5 at that time.

He said he was done with the whitewood but coding takes 6-9 months or something like that. I would expect to see his next game released sometime in the spring.

#35 3 years ago

KME isn’t next so if you want him on Godzilla that also isn’t next. Get your hopes and dreams aligned properly people!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

KME isn’t next so if you want him on Godzilla that also isn’t next. Get your hopes and dreams aligned properly people!

470E446F-10F6-4657-AF1A-E10DBA951C03 (resized).jpeg470E446F-10F6-4657-AF1A-E10DBA951C03 (resized).jpeg
#37 3 years ago

Based on the direction stern has been moving lately this may not be based on any movie. It could be independent and based only on the giant lizard.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

Based on the direction stern has been moving lately this may not be based on any movie. It could be independent and based only on the giant lizard.

Which is a good idea. 100 diff'rent toho Godzilla movies, phases, time periods etc...no one need to tie it to a movie no one remembers.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which is a good idea. 100 diff'rent toho Godzilla movies, phases, time periods etc..

Agree. Can we at least get a classic Godzilla roar?

#40 3 years ago

It would be fun to transform through all 12 Godzilla s

Like dr who

#41 3 years ago

Has to be Toho brand Godzilla, not this new Legendary/WB garbage.

King of Monster Island theme. Godzilla.....the Savior of Tokyo or Destroyer of Worlds! Mothra, King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, Hedorah....on & on & on. So many choices, but hopefully not another LCD match battle game like AIQ or DP.

Should be a nostalgic 70's lovefest with the classic Toho music & sounds. Blue Oyster Cult song thrown in. Classic movie clips on LCD. I can only imagine the Godzilla Atomic Breath lighting effects & sounds.

Elwin team on design/code & ZY on art. That's a slam dunk for me & might be the theme that gets me to purchase my first Elwin game.

#42 3 years ago

Agreed, im hungry for more pins!!!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree. Can we at least get a classic Godzilla roar?

Oh that's a must!

#44 3 years ago

It needs an air-blaster to blast hot air at your crotch when you complete the mode and get the giant roar

Stern, don't skimp on this!!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I didn’t see it, but miss most of Pinside these days so that’s not surprising. Now that I do see it though, it definitely looks like absolute confirmation to me (absolute for someday that is...).

Quoted from skink91:

With tournament being suspended due to Covid and Josh ifpapinball struggling to make ends meet at Raw Thrills (sales down 90%), I heard you can buy factory-blemished trophies from the IFPA at a discount price... spelling, names, etc are subject to random mistakes. Josh (or is it Jeff Teolis now?), where do I send my check?

#46 3 years ago

Obtaining the Godzilla license was nothing more than Stern shitting in Charlie's sandbox.

#47 3 years ago

How about a Godzilla topper just like the Black Knight with Godzilla’s head and have his head move and mouth open and close when he roars and then have a really bright light coming on in the back of his mouth when he fires his atomic breath. Have destroyed buildings in the back ground with fire effects like BK.

#48 3 years ago

How about a Godzilla topper just like the Black Knight with Godzilla’s head and have his head move and mouth open and close when he roars and then have a really bright light coming on in the back of his mouth when he fires his atomic breath. Have destroyed buildings in the back ground with fire effects like BK.

i just got a chubby.

#49 3 years ago

I agree. Both Godzilla and King Kong are two headliners and deserve their own pin unless it was based specifically on Godzilla vs King Kong.

I have to laugh at that movie! King Kong was what, about 40 ft tall? And Godzilla is supposed to be 300 ft tall?
King Kong wouldn't even come up to Godzilla's knee!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It needs an air-blaster to blast hot air at your crotch when you complete the mode and get the giant roar
Stern, don't skimp on this!!

Shin Gozilla Fire.gifShin Gozilla Fire.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.