EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 40.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thinking a March release for the next Stern??

I think the original post was hoping for a March announcement, not release.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I think the original post was hoping for a March announcement, not release.

there are like 3 other games I've heard first....

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

there are like 3 other games I've heard first....

Which 3?

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I've heard STH does great on location. Not sure how well its doing in a pandemic... Others have said the new code has really helped the game so maybe its doing better than we think?

I enjoy it much more with the new code on location.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I enjoy it much more with the new code on location.

I have STH pro and new code is awesome especially with the Cleland custom soundtrack.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have STH pro and new code is awesome especially with the Cleland custom soundtrack.

Ah Havent head the new soundtrack.

#357 3 years ago

I've heard rumors about harry Potter possibly being one to come first, but I think that was just from discussions I read in the "next Stern pin" thread...

#358 3 years ago

Harry Potter and Godzilla would be a theme I would buy. Dumbledore and Manda, save us!

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I've heard rumors about harry Potter possibly being one to come first, but I think that was just from discussions I read in the "next Stern pin" thread...

Harry Potter stinks. Godzilla would be great but no interest at all in boys doing magic. Leave that for JJP thank u very much.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Harry Potter stinks. Godzilla would be great but no interest at all in boys doing magic. Leave that for JJP thank u very much.

Stern would not handle Potter well at all. That’s definitely a JJP pin. I think Stern can pull off Godzilla. Here’s hoping.

#361 3 years ago

Stern would not handle Potter well at all. That’s definitely a JJP pin.

They could handle it, it just sucks. Don't go off Zeppelin. Look at JP or TMNT, GB's. That should be enough stuff on the PF for the world under the glass horseshit some folks need. I'm still flabbergasted anyone would want that theme at all, then again there's excitement from the JJP crowd regarding a possible Toy Story pin so I have to remind myself sometimes with whom I am dealing.

EEJMLZ5Y4RHA3NITM3ZC2SMMKM (resized).jpgEEJMLZ5Y4RHA3NITM3ZC2SMMKM (resized).jpg
#362 3 years ago

Agree, except jjp shouldn't waste their time on Harry Potter either.

#363 3 years ago

Stern would not handle Potter well at all. That’s definitely a JJP pin. I think Stern can pull off Godzilla. Here’s hoping.

JJP better fit for that game for sure, but they would have to have that line rolling.
No delays, no price increases etc...

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Agree, except jjp shouldn't waste their time on Harry Potter either.

Yep.
I would really like to see something good for a change theme wise from JJP. Something adult and with a little edge. Blade Runner seems perfect.

#365 3 years ago

Back on topic, anyone have some LE powder coat wishes? I'm thinking Atomic blast Blue? I know, we don't know the art, but still. Anything but Green, am i right?

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Back on topic, anyone have some LE powder coat wishes? I'm thinking Atomic blast Blue? I know, we don't know the art, but still. Anything but Green, am i right?

You are right

#367 3 years ago

Back on topic, anyone have some LE powder coat wishes?

Back on topic. Black. Simple, classic. No spec or shiny finish for me.
Atomic blast blue? no thanks but yeah green is the worst.

#368 3 years ago

While I have no overt fondness of Godzilla as a theme...it could still be a pretty neat game if they tie the art together with an interesting world under glass. I'm patiently waiting to see what they come up with here.

#369 3 years ago

Correct. I also am tired of just seeing Godzilla eyes on things - posters, cabinets etc. Something a little more creative perhaps. Godzilla is huge and radioactive - a lot more things to do artistically with that stuff.

#370 3 years ago

agreed. Powder coat rails are corny and distracting.

Back on topic. Black. Simple, classic. No spec or shiny finish for me.
Atomic blast blue? no thanks but yeah green is the worst.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

agreed. Powder coat rails are corny and distracting.

My whole life is defined by being corny and distracting!

Question though - is black really "classic"? Stainless is technically the classic look.

I like black, however i prefer a glossy black and not boring flat black.

#372 3 years ago

is black really "classic"? Stainless is technically the classic look.

I like black, however i prefer a glossy black and not boring flat black.

I like boring flat black stern style, I like the grit but stainless would be ok 2. Glossy stinks.

#373 3 years ago

I think a radioactive burned looking side of the cabinet on one side and on the other side debris of a major city and Godzilla and Kong fighting in the distance with Mechagodzilla would be cool. Or the people running to the subway.

#374 3 years ago

OK, on the subject of powdercoats, here are a few ideas. I want to see a powdercoat. I'm just tired of seeing the same colors with literally a million to choose from. Just go here...

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors

Here are a few examples of the kind of thing I'd like to see...

silver-artery-pvs-3014-dt20200330183233897-thumbnail (resized).jpgsilver-artery-pvs-3014-dt20200330183233897-thumbnail (resized).jpg

I'd kind of like a little blue mixed in for Godzilla's atomic breath... I like this one the best but I'd like to see the silver portion to be more of a dark grey.

magnum-blue-sparkle-ppb-5078-over-polished-aluminum-hss-2345-still-dt202012021817022-thumbnail (resized).jpgmagnum-blue-sparkle-ppb-5078-over-polished-aluminum-hss-2345-still-dt202012021817022-thumbnail (resized).jpg

or even a metallic blue vein of some kind...

double-blue-vein-pvs-5764-dt20200518171618196-thumbnail (1) (resized).jpgdouble-blue-vein-pvs-5764-dt20200518171618196-thumbnail (1) (resized).jpg

An idea for "burning Godzilla"... (With a bit different shade, I didn't feel like searching forever, I'd like the gold to be more of a burnt orange but you get the idea)

grecian-gold-vein-evs-1512-dt20200331182641767-thumbnail.jpggrecian-gold-vein-evs-1512-dt20200331182641767-thumbnail.jpg

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

They look like paint colors Prince would pick for his bedroom.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

[quoted image]

Oh that first one has a Godzilla skin kind of feel to it, that is a cool idea!

#377 3 years ago

Oh that first one has a Godzilla skin kind of feel to it, that is a cool idea!

That first one is what my ACNC has from Spooky.

#378 3 years ago

Brilliant! You must be a Jeopardy champion... unless I'm color blind... no purple in sight...

#379 3 years ago

Yep.
I would really like to see something good for a change theme wise from JJP. Something adult and with a little edge. Blade Runner seems perfect.

Blade runner would be badass but which one would you pick if the choice was yours ?Ive seen both but this weekend I’m going to watch both a second time w my boys .From what I remember the original was a absolute classic movie and the latest one held its weight at the very least.Just don’t leave Spooky out of this conversation .No chance with JJP and I can see you wanting Stern for speed but BR is a match for Spooky .What would you think if you heard Spooky was releasing BR?

#380 3 years ago

Godzilla is all Stern can’t wait .The big head in pinball has worn out I hope to see full figures towering over buildings battling it out with explosive light shows and a soundtrack that will curl what hairs you have left on your heads !

#381 3 years ago

What part of Godzilla makes you feel black is correct, other than black and white movies? Its effing Godzilla, with nuke breath, and neither are black.

Save the black and grey for Road Warrior!!

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What part of Godzilla makes you feel black is correct, other than black and white movies? Its effing Godzilla, with nuke breath, and neither are black.

The part that doesn't care at all about armor. Luckily for me I buy Pro's so that will be the gritty black standard armor. Maybe a Pre and thats the same so I'm happy for LE enthusiasts if they get a good looking green or blue. Not saying black is correct for everyone, I prefer it is all.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Blade runner would be badass but which one would you pick if the choice was yours ?

I like the new one very much and would be fine with an Alien type code system where u get both, while the better choice for me is the original in a sea of shit pinball themes a stand alone BR 2049 would be a delight.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just don’t leave Spooky out of this conversation

Sorry but they are last on the list for me. I would rather American Pinball does it before Spooky.

I just want this.

#385 3 years ago

You guys are like putting the cart a mile before the horse.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You guys are like putting the cart a mile before the horse.

Its worse than that, there's not even a horse yet.
Just fun to exchange ideas while we wait for something more than a 30 sec clip of gameplay.

#387 3 years ago

Hahaha all these cool ideas for a machine Stern is only doing out of spike.

If you're LUCKY they might slap a Godzilla toy on the Iron Monger mech.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That would still kick ass.

But in the game, shouldn't you BE Godzilla and you're batting Mecha or Ghidra?

#389 3 years ago

What if you could switch between Lizzie, George and Ralph? Humm.. Maybe I want Stern to make a Rampage pin??

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm betting they'll repurpose the JP dino head into a G-Zilla toy...

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Make it Mecha and I'm a happy little man. Make it King Ceasar even happier. All 3 represented on the PF bash toy or not, oh man.

Why did u say out of spite?

gvm1-620x433 (resized).jpggvm1-620x433 (resized).jpg
#392 3 years ago

You think they would bust out some Blue Oyster Cult for some tunes for GZ?

#393 3 years ago

Who is rumored to be designing the playfield and doing the code? Hopefully ZY is on art. Also, everyone seems pretty convinced it’s up next, which would be great.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm betting they'll repurpose the JP dino head into a G-Zilla toy...

My bet is on Godzilla's tail being used as a flipper!

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Who is rumored to be designing the playfield and doing the code? Hopefully ZY is on art. Also, everyone seems pretty convinced it’s up next, which would be great.

Best reading of the tea leaves i know of is Borg, Dwight, and Zombie Yeti on Godzilla (TMNT Team). But, they could be trolling.

#396 3 years ago

Best reading of the tea leaves i know of is Borg, Dwight, and Zombie Yeti on Godzilla (TMNT Team). But, they could be trolling.

If that's the case I'm out, Borg means monotargets which is currently what I hate most in modern machines.

#397 3 years ago

Now if that doesn’t happen I’m gonna be upset haha.

Quoted from dgposter:

My bet is on Godzilla's tail being used as a flipper!

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You think they would bust out some Blue Oyster Cult for some tunes for GZ?

Which movie is this, besides. ,"Godzilla"!

#399 3 years ago

Well, it's been confirmed that ZY is doing the art for Elwin's 4th game. So unless he's doing art for both Borg and Elwin again your tea leaves may be a bit off.

#400 3 years ago

It’s not unlikely as ZY was working on TMNT and AIQ around the same time.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, it's been confirmed that ZY is doing the art for Elwin's 4th game. So unless he's doing art for both Borg and Elwin again your tea leaves may be a bit off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/8?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.