EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.
#301 3 years ago

I thought John and Dwight were on Welk. Maybe John is trolling us with Godzilla picture...

But if it's Godzilla vs Welk sounds great to me !

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Probably no chance of Gamera and Godzilla on the same pin, yeah? Different licenses, I think?

Different license unfortunately. But no big deal. Godzilla has more than enough monsters.

#303 3 years ago

I'm imagining movie scenes of Godzilla knocking over and kicking his way through fake looking buildings for each ramp shot combo. CRASH - 250K, CRASH - 500K, CRASH - 750K while the theme song plays:

Never enough monsters! Imagine Godzilla Jr. playing catch and throwing you an extra ball. IT MUST COME TRUE!!!

5bc52a3324675a9c03c981fef930a61c (resized).jpg5bc52a3324675a9c03c981fef930a61c (resized).jpg

#304 3 years ago

How about fighting game style animations? Maybe various lit shots use primary and secondary attacks.

#305 3 years ago

I would rather have original film footage from Showa & Heisei eras. But if the design & animations are done well ( NOT sterns strong suit ) it could be cool.

Quoted from Neal_W:

How about fighting game style animations? Maybe various lit shots use primary and secondary attacks.

#306 3 years ago

Yea we’ve had enough “Stern interpretations” of themes lately. Original movie assets or bust on Godzilla.

#307 3 years ago

As much as these guys enjoy centipede, an actual Godzilla themed pinball machine would be much more enjoyable for them.

20190628_180854 (resized).jpg20190628_180854 (resized).jpg
#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

As much as these guys enjoy centipede, an actual Godzilla themed pinball machine would be much more enjoyable for them.
[quoted image]

He will vaporize that cabinet after trying to play without a trackball...

#309 3 years ago

John has apparently posted other pics besides Godzilla,.... looks like it could be misdirection.
So it was John and Dwight on Welk, or so I thought. Who knows whats going on. Maybe designers are switching projects ??? It's happened before.

If he is doing Godzilla maybe it was theme switcheroo like what happened on Iron Maiden. John started off with Iron Maiden and it was passed off to Elwin. John had an Eddie head is his game and that became Groot and became Guardians of the Galaxy.

So maybe John is on Godzilla now and Elwin is on Welk !

#310 3 years ago

What is "Welk"

#311 3 years ago

Lawrence Welk, and instabuy for me! Based on your avatar, its perfect for you too!!

#312 3 years ago

I could not find anything on web about w e l k other than the Lawrence welk show can someone say what game that might be?

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from diode:

I could not find anything on web about w e l k other than the Lawrence welk show can someone say what game that might be?

An imaginary game

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from diode:

You found it!! Imagine the possibilities!!

#315 3 years ago

Ooh ooh! If they're making a Lawrence Welk pin it won't be long for a Pat Boone or Barry Manilow!

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lawrence Welk, and instabuy for me! Based on your avatar, its perfect for you too!!

I'm a Welk fan sir. Something so settling about that show. Plus I enjoy those pure looking woman singing the whitest music ever. Knowing underneath it all they are savages in the sack. Oh yeah.

#317 3 years ago

Well meaning welk definitions:

welk - to soak or steep
welk - to lose freshness
welk - to diminish, lose brightness

Stern guys - not the things I want to hear about a machine with lights and sounds
Godzeela - where are you?

#318 3 years ago

Know your Welks! I find Knobbed Welks locally, and often find Lightning Welks when visiting FL.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Ooh ooh! If they're making a Lawrence Welk pin it won't be long for a Pat Boone or Barry Manilow!

I'm in on Welk, and Barry is a "take my money now" pin, but I'll pass on Boone.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm in on Welk, and Barry is a "take my money now" pin, but I'll pass on Boone.

You sure? You're gonna miss "April Love" multiball.

#321 3 years ago

Whose going opening day to see Kong vs Godzilla?

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Going opening day to my basement and HBO MAX.

#323 3 years ago

It is Stern's code name for their upcoming Pink Floyd pinball: "Welk-ome to the Machine."

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It is Stern's code name for their upcoming Pink Floyd pinball: "Welk-ome to the Machine."

Man I hope that's not true.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Going opening day to my basement and HBO MAX.

I do not have HBO and I hope IMAX gets it.

#326 3 years ago

I wonder who will win

#327 3 years ago

I think Welk is a misdirection for the long awaited Jack Paar

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I wonder who will win

Both Kong and Godzilla. Since Mecha-Godzilla will be the bad guy. Aliens from planet Zero are the controllers. Ghidora was a transplant put on earth to destroy the Titans.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Both Kong and Godzilla. Since Mecha-Godzilla will be the bad guy. Aliens from planet Zero are the controllers. Ghidora was a transplant put on earth to destroy the Titans.

We could only hope. Would love if Plant Zero came back.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We could only hope. Would love if Plant Zero came back.

i hope godzilla wins. it would humiliating for him to lose to kong. wasn't kong already killed off once?

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i hope godzilla wins. it would humiliating for him to lose to kong. wasn't kong already killed off once?

Yeah, in 1933.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah, in 1933.

In all fairness with the exception of a couple of movies in almost all the King Kong movies poor Kong gets killed off. The writers just don't monkey around with this stuff. Most of the movie plots just ape one another.

#333 3 years ago

Watching it now, what a gas !

Quoted from Methos:

Watched the original Godzilla vs. King Kong yesterday.
Holy shit! That octopus effect was F'ing awesome.
The Kong suit blows ass.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Watching it now, what a gas !

Great movie and yeah the Kong suit blows.

#335 3 years ago

Great movie and yeah the Kong suit blows.

I'm going out on a thick limb here, but Kong in all Kong movies suck except the original. Cooper/Selznick/O'Brien had something that no one else will ever be able to recreate.

#336 3 years ago

already got the LE ordered!!! Dream theme for me!

#337 3 years ago

So the thinking is this is definitely next AND its a Borg game?

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Just about to post that. I'll add when do u think we can expect an announcement. I know Zeppelin just happened but March/April?

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Stern will most likely announce around March/April and I believe Brian Eddy is next up.

#340 3 years ago

Well, it's unclear whether or not Brian Eddy will be doing any more games for Stern. He seemed to imply in at least one interview that I saw, that it would depend on how successful StrThgs was.

So.....

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, it's unclear whether or not Brian Eddy will be doing any more games for Stern. He seemed to imply in at least one interview that I saw, that it would depend on how successful StrThgs was.
So.....

I've heard STH does great on location. Not sure how well its doing in a pandemic... Others have said the new code has really helped the game so maybe its doing better than we think?

#342 3 years ago

“Welk”

just a guess

31AB08C3-C130-4A44-90F8-4F902B43AA76 (resized).jpeg31AB08C3-C130-4A44-90F8-4F902B43AA76 (resized).jpegC506CA43-8569-4F1A-9D8E-9892E2447425 (resized).jpegC506CA43-8569-4F1A-9D8E-9892E2447425 (resized).jpeg
#343 3 years ago

Welk all the way. It will be my first LE. If there is a Bubble Machine topper offered that's a instabuy.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So.....

Oh come on, Brian Eddy was just being humble. Stern hired him as a game designer. We just don't know if he is on the Elwin/Borg level of 1 game every year, or closer to the Richie level of one game every other year. (Probably in between)

It's either Eddy or Borg next, who knows.

#345 3 years ago

With John trolling recently that would indicate his game is next.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

already got the LE ordered!!! Dream theme for me!

all LE’s are sold out already as usual

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Better not be

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Oh come on, Brian Eddy was just being humble. Stern hired him as a game designer. We just don't know if he is on the Elwin/Borg level of 1 game every year, or closer to the Richie level of one game every other year. (Probably in between)
It's either Eddy or Borg next, who knows.

Time will tell. I hope he gets to do another pin for Stern, but I'm not going to count on it until it happens.

#349 3 years ago

Thinking a March release for the next Stern??

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Wait, which game is this referring to?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/7?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.