EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 40.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

If its based on this new film with King Kong then that sucks. I want 70's 80's cheese and lots of it. Melted and smelly. CGI and new bad modern actors, I'm out.

Yah no shit.. what was great about the Godzilla movies was how crappy they were.

Terrible acting and guys who cant see where they are going in rubber suits.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern doesn't cap games sales at 500 or 750 their goal is to sell them globally and considering Godzilla is most popular in Japan/Asia it makes sense to partner with a company who has international distribution sales team. Stern has a sales team in Japan and virtually every other country.

Never thought about it in that way, good post.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern please don't screw this up like you did Avengers... give us the movie tie in!

I do NOT want to see your corny cartoon CGI graphics I want to see GODZILLA!

And if this happens ^^^^^^^ I will save myself a lot of money.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Honestly I would prefer the newer films for pinball over the TOHO because of the quality of images, but I'm okay with either. I just love Godzilla.

Me too. One of my childhood models that survived from the early/mid 60's. Dated 1964 on the bottom.

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpg
#254 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Me too. One of my childhood models that survived from the early/mid 60's. Dated 1964 on the bottom.[quoted image][quoted image]

That would be WokeZilla!

BTW, what is TOHO Godzilla?

#255 3 years ago

^^^^^ BTW, what is TOHO Godzilla? ^^^^^

Toho Co., Ltd. is a Japanese film, theater production and distribution company. It has its headquarters in Chiyoda, Tokyo and is one of the core companies of the Hankyu Hanshin Toho Group.
Goggle search "TOHO" and get the complete history

#256 3 years ago

I had that same model as a kid might still have it in a box somewhere but mine was green and fins hands and mouth glowed in dark

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from diode:

I had that same model as a kid might still have it in a box somewhere but mine was green and fins hands and mouth glowed in dark

My brother had a king kong that glowed.. used to scare the shit out of me when I was 5 or whatever.

#258 3 years ago

We don't know enough to be certain if Stern is doing Toho's Godzilla or Legendary's Godzilla (Warner is just the distributor) . We know Stern has the Toho License, but there is simply no way Stern could license the Legendary Godzilla movies without also getting a Toho License. Legendary also has a license from Toho for this movie.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

We can agree to disagree there... the two new films rocked. The first one was slow because they wanted to create this monsteruniverse like Marvel or DC so they created a movie that would re-introduce Godzilla. Much like Batman Begins you have to learn all the origins of the monsters so obviously they're going to be slower. Personally I don't like origin movies but Warner was trying to create a whole new franchise of films for the long term. If you go back to the first movie they left you clues for the second one and the third film. Even in Kong Skull Island they buried easter eggs all over the place for this new film coming up. They're building to a huge clash and once the series is over hopefully it all comes together.
The second Godzilla movie c'mon now we've never seen special fx in a Godzilla movie on a level like that. We've never seen the monsters fight on a level we saw in the last Godzilla movie. The last Godzilla is the king of all Godzilla movies from the standpoint of bringing the monsters ALIVE in the most realistic way. All Godzilla movies are hokey so yeah they're all kind of like HUH but that is what we love about them so I was fine with it.
I love TOHO movies and I love the new ones. I can't wait to finally see a 200 million dollar Godzilla movie featuring MECHA-GODZILLA!
Honestly I would prefer the newer films for pinball over the TOHO because of the quality of images, but I'm okay with either. I just love Godzilla.

Have you ever watched TOHO's non Godzilla films? They have a pretty good library.

#260 3 years ago

Mechagodzilla is my all time favorite. He kicks Angrius' ass then proceeds to beat the crap out of King Caesar and Godzilla at the same time. I hope he features prominently in the game.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Watched the original Godzilla vs. King Kong yesterday.
Holy shit! That octopus effect was F'ing awesome.
The Kong suit blows ass.

IMHO that octopus effect was one of the ONLY good things to come out of that particular movie, in either the Japanese or American version.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

King Kong does have electrical producing capabilities and can shoot from his hands.
EDIT: This was TOHO version

Didn't he grab a power line, or get zapped by lightning or something? Can't recall...

(Ugh, back to the bluray to check... )

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Didn't he grab a power line, or get zapped by lightning or something? Can't recall...

He got hit with lightning and then super charged with electricity.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Go to 6:05

#265 3 years ago

All I know is I would way rather hear and see this kind of footage on the LCD than any of the new crap.

#266 3 years ago

Jesus .... that may be the worst fake fight since Kirk Vs the Gorn where they chuck foam rocks at each other that float through the air.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

IMHO that octopus effect was one of the ONLY good things to come out of that particular movie, in either the Japanese or American version.

Agreed. The movie was the highest gross for classic TOHO, but the rest of the movie is poor.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Jesus .... that may be the worst fake fight since Kirk Vs the Gorn where they chuck foam rocks at each other that float through the air.

Yep and yet so great, not as great as Kirk vs Gorn but then again what is.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Yep and yet so great, not as great as Kirk vs Gorn but then again what is.

IMG_8954.GIF

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#271 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I want to say struck by Lightning from what I have read.

edit: I just saw the movie clip Thanks

#272 3 years ago

oh dear ! i really remember that !!!

cool

#273 3 years ago

Yes, but it's still better than 90% of what Hollyweird cranks out these days.

#274 3 years ago

It’s so bad...it’s good.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I want to say struck by Lightning from what I have read.
edit: I just saw the movie clip Thanks

I posted the video a few replies back on this page. It was lightning

#276 3 years ago

So how does everyone feel about the new trailer for the new movie?

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If I don't see zippers on their costumes then Im not interested.

#278 3 years ago

Looking forward to watching it for certain!

#279 3 years ago

The rap music didn't win me over.

I think it will be at the same level as the others. Ok, not great but not a pile either. These studios/filmmakers just don't understand the magic that it takes to make these movies. I pointed earlier to the 90's Gamera films...obviously made by a Japanese studio, but they for the most part get it. Americans just don't have a clue.

I still give them props for making the films. As for Kong, the only two decent ones were the original and it's sequel.

#280 3 years ago

freaking ripped!!!

HBO max/streaming has most of the godzilla movies old/new on, except the first in the recent trilogy. I have that on dvd. ALso kong skull island. So I plan on crushing some godzilla this weekend

#281 3 years ago

I think the movie will be great however I am hoping there is a scene with an underwater giant octopus to fight Godzilla but not - no pun intended - holding my breath.

#282 3 years ago

Yep that's me getting hassled at the mall again . Anything Godzilla has been an all-time favorite for me , the cheesier the better . This photo was when I was trick-or-treating with my granddaughter at the mall, that was so much fun, She went dressed as a butterfly And I couldn't resist To referring to her as Mothra the whole evening .

FB_IMG_1610309893492 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1610309893492 (resized).jpg
#283 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yep that's me getting hassled at the mall again . Anything Godzilla has been an all-time favorite for me , the cheesier the better . This photo was when I was trick-or-treating with my granddaughter at the mall, that was so much fun, She went dressed as a butterfly And I couldn't resist To referring to her as Mothra the whole evening .
[quoted image]

That’s so awesome!! Your a great grandpa. What a memory.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

freaking ripped!!!
HBO max/streaming has most of the godzilla movies old/new on, except the first in the recent trilogy. I have that on dvd. ALso kong skull island. So I plan on crushing some godzilla this weekend

That’s so cool they have most of the movies available. I don’t have HBO max but can’t wait to see it in theatres. Hopefully an IMAX release.

#285 3 years ago

Maybe one, maybe the other....???

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpgGodzilla 1 (resized).jpg
#286 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Maybe one, maybe the other....???
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome : )

#287 3 years ago

Borg is dropping not so subtle hints

C504AD79-B150-437C-9688-8335A8E84D84 (resized).pngC504AD79-B150-437C-9688-8335A8E84D84 (resized).png

#288 3 years ago

Ghidorah Easter egg in Borgs TMNT too. So pumped for Toho Godzilla!

8B3C3718-C0A2-479F-93FA-0618485EBAD7 (resized).jpeg8B3C3718-C0A2-479F-93FA-0618485EBAD7 (resized).jpeg
#289 3 years ago

Borg is dropping hints

#290 3 years ago

Give us a teaser pic of part of the playfield please borg

#291 3 years ago

Between the Gamera tease, Dwight's previous comments, and the Ghidorah in TMNT, i think we can safely guess that Godzilla is Dwight/Borg. I'm sad that the haters be down on this, but i am happy because i like Dwight and actually think a bash toy on Godzilla is warranted.

#292 3 years ago

Was really hoping for Elwin on a title like this... guess I’ll have to wait and see on this one...

#293 3 years ago

I never get tired of hearing..

#294 3 years ago

Then you'll like this from 30+ years ago. Godzilla vs. Gamera
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q7ncr

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#295 3 years ago

Could you imagine Borg and Lyman doing Godzilla....My money, just take it please!!!

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Was really hoping for Elwin on a title like this... guess I’ll have to wait and see on this one...

I hope it's not Elwin. Love his games, but Godzilla needs something that is basic and cool looking. Getting turned around on rules is not for this title.

#297 3 years ago

It’s kinda a slow movie but Godzilla looks badass and the effects are pretty damn good. The Blu-ray comes with Japanese or English versions. Going to watch Godzilla 1984 tomorrow and maybe Godzilla vs Destoroyah after.

I remember renting G 1984 as a kid, and expecting this unbelievable awesome story, amazing effects! And just being “whelmed” by the movie. “Eh...” kinda disappointing. The Japanese one is a bit better (no Raymond Burr), but not by that much. G v Destroyah is killer though!

#298 3 years ago

Probably no chance of Gamera and Godzilla on the same pin, yeah? Different licenses, I think?

#299 3 years ago

so people are mentioning Borg for godzilla, is this who is making it or is it speculation.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

so people are mentioning Borg for godzilla, is this who is making it or is it speculation.

Well, he posted it on his Facebook page so it is good speculation. Could just mean he is excited someone else at Stern is doing it. Seen that before too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/6?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.