EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 40.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

At this point with sterns track record i am not concerned about the art. I am concerned with price and what the game play is like. Sad to say that I am glad its not a richie pin, i hope its not a dwight pin as it will have 1.0 code and not be fun, really hope its not elwin as it will be a 4 flipper game that has upper loops. Maybe someone new, new thoughts, and a real value. With the recent bend you more over the barrel on the price of bm66 and elvira I will soon be done with new games and lack of games being plain fun.
I honestly hope it is a good pin at a decent value.

I literally LOL'd at this. Elwin only has 1 game with 4 flippers and he always adds something new and exciting unlike other game designers at Stern. He would be our best chance at getting a decent Godzilla pin. Upper loops are fun as all heck, haven't met anyone who doesn't like them.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I literally LOL'd at this. Elwin only has 1 game with 4 flippers and he always adds something new and exciting unlike other game designers at Stern. He would be our best chance at getting a decent Godzilla pin. Upper loops are fun as all heck, haven't met anyone who doesn't like them.

Sometimes, simple goes a long way.

#203 3 years ago

Is there a consensus as to when we might hear an announcement? End of Feb ?

#204 3 years ago

Led Zep LEs are on the line now. Gotta get through Premium before we get a new game announced. I’d guess March but also I don’t think Godzilla is next. Sorry guys.

#205 3 years ago

I am burnt out on upper flippers. elwin did Maiden, JP and AIQ. All upper flippers. TMNT upper flipper and zeplin. Too many recent games with it. Burned out on it. It almost seems like it is a requirement now. smh. But time will tell when we see it.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Godpinzilla:

Side staduim lighting to mimic the atomic breath in game play and a wide body would be cool

Don't worry PINSTADIUM is already working on an upgrade for this..

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Don't worry PINSTADIUM is already working on an upgrade for this..

No kidding? That would be cool.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I am burnt out on upper flippers. elwin did Maiden, JP and AIQ. All upper flippers. TMNT upper flipper and zeplin. Too many recent games with it. Burned out on it. It almost seems like it is a requirement now. smh. But time will tell when we see it.

Pinside will tear apart any two flipper game as a fan layout without features. The initial reception of Elvira HOH, Stranger Things, Black Knight SOR is all the evidence you need. But I agree. I enjoy a good old fashioned two flipper game. I think Led Zeppelin pro should have just had two flippers and traded for the appearing spinner. Would have been great value IMO. It’s tough making pinball when everyone’s a critic.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Pinside will tear apart any two flipper game as a fan layout without features. The initial reception of Elvira HOH, Stranger Things, Black Knight SOR is all the evidence you need. But I agree. I enjoy a good old fashioned two flipper game. I think Led Zeppelin pro should have just had two flippers and traded for the appearing spinner. Would have been great value IMO. It’s tough making pinball when everyone’s a critic.

True. Stranger Things at first i was not fond of for the cash grab for uv light kit. I purchased one after the 1.0 code came out. I enjoy it and play it more than my TMNT. Yep they should have done the features in a different way. Tolerances are too tight. But even with that i still enjoy playing it more than some of the others. BKSOR for me was fun but way too shallow. Getting to the final stage was the only challenge as you saw the other modes in only a few games. would have been better if there was a second level to the modes.

I would have hoped Lyman was on the code for godzilla but i feel he is not done with elvira.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

True. Stranger Things at first i was not fond of for the cash grab for uv light kit. I purchased one after the 1.0 code came out. I enjoy it and play it more than my TMNT. Yep they should have done the features in a different way. Tolerances are too tight. But even with that i still enjoy playing it more than some of the others. BKSOR for me was fun but way too shallow. Getting to the final stage was the only challenge as you saw the other modes in only a few games. would have been better if there was a second level to the modes.
I would have hoped Lyman was on the code for godzilla but i feel he is not done with elvira.

Stranger Things is definitely a sleeper and underrated game IMO. I own it and the family and I love it. I also own BKSOR premium and love it also. Hoping my deposit for EHOH comes through.

If Lyman coded Godzilla that would be epic. EHOH is such a fun and great game. I play it every time when I am on location. Always that one more game feel. Hopefully we hear something soon about Godzilla especially with the new movie coming up.

#211 3 years ago

Just came out today.

#212 3 years ago

Kong just got a lot taller.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Same or similar size to Kong: Skull Island. They grewed him big in that one, so that he'd be the right size to fight Godzilla in the next movie.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just came out today.

Looks like a fun movie.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

he was adolescent in Skull Island & they are feeding him some Wheaties in this next movie!

#216 3 years ago

At 3 -4 seconds into the clip freeze it - Mecha Godzilla is looming behind them as they run under ground.

Quoted from underlord:

Just came out today.

#217 3 years ago

Really looking forward to the movie. Hopefully we get an announcement from Stern sooner than later.

#218 3 years ago

I wanna see Kong's right hook connect...

#219 3 years ago

Just my thoughts on the trailer and the up coming movie: Godzilla is on our side in the last couple of movies. In the trailer he's swimming through a battle ship, in the other movie, he swims under the ships: WHY??? I say because that Godzilla in those scenes is really Mecha Godzilla wearing a Godzilla skin to make the real Godzilla look bad and confuse Kong, just like the TOHO movie: Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla. When the real Godzilla shows up, kong doesn't know the difference and fights the real Godzilla. Then at some point they will realize that we need to team up to destroy Mecha Godzilla.
And as far as Kong goes, they needed to give him an ax in the movie to even stand a chance because all Godzilla has to do is fire his atomic breath at him and cook him like a steak.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just my thoughts on the trailer and the up coming movie: Godzilla is on our side in the last couple of movies. In the trailer he's swimming through a battle ship, in the other movie, he swims under the ships: WHY??? I say because that Godzilla in those scenes is really Mecha Godzilla wearing a Godzilla skin to make the real Godzilla look bad and confuse Kong, just like the TOHO movie: Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla. When the real Godzilla shows up, kong doesn't know the difference and fights the real Godzilla. Then at some point they will realize that we need to team up to destroy Mecha Godzilla.
And as far as Kong goes, they needed to give him an ax in the movie to even stand a chance because all Godzilla has to do is fire his atomic breath at him and cook him like a steak.

HA! My Godzilla loving son just had to tell me the identical plot line theory discussion over dinner last night after viewing the trailer. I also had the identical Atomic Breath Game Over feeling about a “real” Godzilla vs. Kong battle.

41694174-5A97-49A8-A4BA-D92A9EAC63F1 (resized).jpeg41694174-5A97-49A8-A4BA-D92A9EAC63F1 (resized).jpeg
#221 3 years ago

As long as my man, G-zilla, is still King of the monsters when all is said and done, I'll be happy camper. If they ultimately kill off Godzilla in favor of the furry ape, they got some 'splainin to do!!

Very much looking forward to the movie, and any pinball updates.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

At 3 -4 seconds into the clip freeze it - Mecha Godzilla is looming behind them as they run under ground.

at 1:41-1:42 behind the scientist as well on the backboard it has an outline of what looks like a mecha

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

As long as my man, G-zilla, is still King of the monsters when all is said and done, I'll be happy camper. If they ultimately kill off Godzilla in favor of the furry ape, they got some 'splainin to do!!

damn how cool would coop mode be on a pin where Gzilla and kong go at mecha....with the light thingers in the cabinet being the atomic breath going up the pf

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

damn how cool would coop mode be on a pin where Gzilla and kong go at mecha....with the light thingers in the cabinet being the atomic breath going up the pf

It would be pretty damn cool I say!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

at 1:41-1:42 behind the scientist as well on the backboard it has an outline of what looks like a mecha

Damnit! Now I have to watch the trailer AGAIN. If I must...!

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

If they kill him off, they might as well kiss the Monsterverse series of future movies goodbye and flush it down the toilet. This may sound crazy but I may find out if they do kill him off before seeing the movie, that way they won't get my money.
In the last 2 movies, Godzilla did what he had to do and left in peace when in turn he could have destroyed everything in his path against mankind.
If they screw this up, I will be royally pissed to no end and I don't want to hear that there will be a resurrection in the next movie in 2-3 years.
When they killed off Spock, the backlash was unbelievable and the movie dudes probably said: shit, we just lost the Star Trek followers for future movies...
(we lose money) Let's resurrect Spock from the dead and see if they come back and spend their money.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

If they kill him off, they might as well kiss the Monsterverse series of future movies goodbye and flush it down the toilet. This may sound crazy but I may find out if they do kill him off before seeing the movie, that way they won't get my money.

I'm with ya man.

Sorry for the digression of the discussion from the Godzilla pin!

#228 3 years ago

I went back to the original TWIP posts, though; it looks like the license was with Toho... Wouldn't that make any Stern effort more likely to be the Japanese eras, rather than the American trilogy?

#229 3 years ago

Did they just end the trailer with the final deathblow? Boooo......

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Did they just end the trailer with the final deathblow? Boooo......

My "guess" is when Kong nails the ax blow, it will tear the Godzilla fake skin off to reveal Mecha Godzilla.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

My question is though, who would or even could build a Mecha Godzilla in this Monsterverse world? I don't see it being aliens, although I guess they did say Ghidorah was an alien, so I suppose it's not entirely out of the question.

#232 3 years ago

The "bad guys" are called The Crypto-Zoological Agency: Monarch
The leader of Monarch bought the head of Ghidorah at the end of the last movie from the fisherman.
Maybe using the alien DNA, they create a skin for Mecha Godzilla.....???

WRONG INFORMATION posted above, sorry about that. The answer to who Alan Jonah (the bad guy) is listed below

#233 3 years ago

Watched the original Godzilla vs. King Kong yesterday.

Holy shit! That octopus effect was F'ing awesome.

The Kong suit blows ass.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

The "bad guys" are called The Crypto-Zoological Agency: Monarch
The leader of Monarch bought the head of Ghidorah at the end of the last movie from the fisherman.
Maybe using the alien DNA, they create a skin for Mecha Godzilla.....???

Monarch isn't who bought the head at the end. That terrorist group did.

#235 3 years ago

Not excited about this movie... Kong is restrained by chains, Kong was even put down a bomb by humans in the Skull Island. Sorry but that monster can’t take on GODZILLA NO WAY NO HOW. So this movie better have MechaGodzilla and Kong and Godzilla team up because KONG stands NO chance.

With all that being said Godzilla is a dream theme for me I’m a HUGE Godzilla fan. But lets hope no let’s PRAY they don’t ruin the title with their cheap cartoon looking CGI graphics like they did with Avengers. If you’re going to make a Godzilla pinball lets get this based on the films and honestly don’t care if its the TOJO films or the new ones just NOT a cartoon version of Godzilla.

I want modes where Godzilla fights all the monsters. I’m totally in on a Godzilla pinball just PLEASE make sure it has assets we all know and love.

#236 3 years ago

In keeping with the off topic movie theme - I don't care who lives or dies at the end as long as it is entertaining.
And---if the producers are sharp, they will have filmed an alternative ending where the other monster lives and save that for blu ray or special edition sales.

Happy to hear if the pinball machine is Toho licensed! Gadzeeeelllaaaaaaaaaaa.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Monarch isn't who bought the head at the end. That terrorist group did.

You are 100% correct and that is my mistake, as I obviously wrote down the wrong information. Thanks for correcting me.
Hopefully this helps explain the original question.

Alan Jonah is a mercenary leader who appeared in the 2019 Legendary Pictures film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Formerly a British Army Colonel and MI6 agent, Jonah bore witness to the worst of human nature during his expansive military career. Mankind's endless cruelty and capacity for violence drove Jonah to resent his fellow man and finally defect from MI6 in 2004. Influenced by revolutionary propaganda, Jonah became a mercenary and eco-terrorist leader, developing a strange preoccupation with the Titans. This led Jonah to attempt to enter a MUTO dig site in 2005, only to be caught and detained in Pakistan.[1] Still, Jonah proved resourceful and continuously escaped custody over the following decade as he carried out an unclear plan to use the Titans to end humanity's reign on the Earth. Designated a Class-1 eco-terror threat by Monarch, his current whereabouts are unknown.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

King Kong does have electrical producing capabilities and can shoot from his hands.

EDIT: This was TOHO version

#239 3 years ago

If its based on this new film with King Kong then that sucks. I want 70's 80's cheese and lots of it. Melted and smelly. CGI and new bad modern actors, I'm out.

#240 3 years ago

This makes me want to binge the godzilla kong movies... I have a couple, but I wasn't hugely excited about king of monsters. Am I missing something? maybe I need to see it again, the trailer made it look....lame.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

King Kong does have electrical producing capabilities and can shoot from his hands.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only movie King Kong has that power in is the original King Kong vs Godzilla. I don't think he has that ability in any other movie. Pretty sure that was just Toho trying to level him up to match Godzilla.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only movie King Kong has that power in is the original King Kong vs Godzilla. I don't think he has that ability in any other movie. Pretty sure that was just Toho trying to level him up to match Godzilla.

Yes, that is right.

#243 3 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

Pass the A1 sauce please.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

If its based on this new film with Hong Kong then that sucks. I want 70's 80's cheese and lots of it. Melted and smelly. CGI and new bad modern actors, I'm out.

Smelly cheese I like your style .

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just came out today.

i missed Superman and the Guardians ..

#246 3 years ago

Mecha-Godzilla is totally confirmed for Kong vs Godzilla. The frame by frame breakdown of the trailer plus a leak at a toy fair shows Mecho set to do battle.

Stern please don't screw this up like you did Avengers... give us the movie tie in!

I do NOT want to see your corny cartoon CGI graphics I want to see GODZILLA!

What makes these properties possible are the films so please make sure its based on the FILMS!

NOW LET ME START A RUMOR HERE.. .

Keep in mind folks Kong vs Godzilla was suppose to come out last year, delayed by COVID. So this movie has been totally completed for months and months. Stern could have gotten their hands on those clips... Its possible the pinball and the movie will collide together!

That would mean Godzilla Pinball will be released in MARCH. Godzilla pinball makes NO other sense other than a release in MARCH when the movie will be in blitz PR mode. Expect to see Stern's Godzilla pinball released March 26th. If this is the case it would have to be based solely on the film wouldn't you think?

If you're trying to release the game around the same time as the movie I would think the pinball will be based on the NEW series of movies and will include clips from the new films.

This would offer three films to base the pinball game from.

If this is true then I'm stoked beyond belief. This might also explain why Stern has the license, its possible they were approached by Warner, letting them know about the 3rd movie and approval to license. I'm doubting there will be a forth Godzilla movie because the films haven't done that well, hence Warner wanting to push the license now. Most franchise films are done in THREE's so this could be the whole franchise with a clear ending.

Lets hope Stern has the license to these new films and not another corny cartoon take.

ENuimPVWkAELODg (resized).jpegENuimPVWkAELODg (resized).jpeg
#247 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This might also explain why Stern has the license, its possible they were approached by Warner

You may be right but the only "license" I know Stern has is from TOHO. Did Warner approach Stern...??? Who knows.
Back when Stern screwed Charlie at Spooky from getting the TOHO license, Charlie was asked if he would seek the "New Godzilla" license and he said no.
If anyone can totally F this one up, it will be Stern, I hope I'm wrong.

#248 3 years ago

Please let it be the TOHO license. The new films stink worse than Godzilla dookie, and yet I would be obligated to buy (like a Led Zeppelin fan with their pin).

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Stern screwed Charlie at Spooky from getting the TOHO license

I don't think anyone screwed anyone. Stern like every other company out there is trying to make licensing deals. If Spooky had the license a signed contract then we wouldn't be talking about Stern right now... they clearly didn't. Stern is always looking into licenses and if they saw a good deal and the deal was clear to be made then that's business. Spooky didn't close the deal that isn't Sterns fault. All is fair in love and war and business. Stern signed a license that was legally available. No screwing there. Maybe if Spooky goes in with an aggressive offer and closes the deal there is no other discussion here. You can't just blame Stern, you don't know all the details.

Lastly, I'd rather see this theme created by JJP, but if not them then I'd rather have Stern anyway. If I was TOHO which you mention don't you think TOHO would also rather Stern? Stern doesn't cap games sales at 500 or 750 their goal is to sell them globally and considering Godzilla is most popular in Japan/Asia it makes sense to partner with a company who has international distribution sales team. Stern has a sales team in Japan and virtually every other country.

A property owner wants to license the title to make money and promote the brand. Stern is TOHO best partner so if anything TOHO screwed Spooky once they realized they could license to Stern over Spooky.

Stern has the ability to make anything they want I'm just hoping they go all out here. Lets hope because this could be a massive seller for them when you think at international dollars.

Godzilla King on Monsters made 110 million US while 276 International with the two biggest markets JAPAN/CHINA was 150 million.

Godzilla 2014 did 200 million US and 365 foreign with two biggest markets again being Japan/China.

TOHO last Godzilla movie Shin Godzilla made 76 million dollars by itself in JAPAN.

TOHO wants to promote the brand WORLD WIDE Stern can do that.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

The new films stink worse than Godzilla dookie

We can agree to disagree there... the two new films rocked. The first one was slow because they wanted to create this monsteruniverse like Marvel or DC so they created a movie that would re-introduce Godzilla. Much like Batman Begins you have to learn all the origins of the monsters so obviously they're going to be slower. Personally I don't like origin movies but Warner was trying to create a whole new franchise of films for the long term. If you go back to the first movie they left you clues for the second one and the third film. Even in Kong Skull Island they buried easter eggs all over the place for this new film coming up. They're building to a huge clash and once the series is over hopefully it all comes together.

The second Godzilla movie c'mon now we've never seen special fx in a Godzilla movie on a level like that. We've never seen the monsters fight on a level we saw in the last Godzilla movie. The last Godzilla is the king of all Godzilla movies from the standpoint of bringing the monsters ALIVE in the most realistic way. All Godzilla movies are hokey so yeah they're all kind of like HUH but that is what we love about them so I was fine with it.

I love TOHO movies and I love the new ones. I can't wait to finally see a 200 million dollar Godzilla movie featuring MECHA-GODZILLA!

Honestly I would prefer the newer films for pinball over the TOHO because of the quality of images, but I'm okay with either. I just love Godzilla.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/5?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.