EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 40.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I think you meant Marty Sullivan. He was Super Host and remembered him doing news at times and it was surreal seeing him out of costume.
I think your drawings were up on the screen next to mine sometimes.
I even sent in pictures to the Ghoul - who ripped off Ghoulardy.
Good pre Internet times as kids

HA! Your right. It was Sullivan. Man never trust 40 plus years memories. So glad you were able to watch him also!! Great memories and would love a Godzilla pin. Definitely a grail for me.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why do that? Half the fun was watching how the audio track never matched the movements of the actor's mouth.

Best part of the movie for sure.

#153 3 years ago

Would love some more concrete rumors on this Godzilla pin. Yes, it's happening, but when?! We knew Turtles was coming after Stranger things, like 6 months before it actually came out.

#154 3 years ago

I was never really excited about the theme but now I’m feeding off other people’s excitement for it. Just listening to other people’s nostalgia and how fondly they remember watching the old Toho stuff on rainy afternoons has got me excited to see where they go with it.
I think it has a lot of potential in the right hands and I agree with most of you the artwork could be amazing if done right.
Elwin has already done similar theme with JP. I say give it to Eddy. Stranger Things was just him shaking off the cobwebs after 20 years out of the business, that and I think Stern wanted a straight up rip off of AFM with a theme they considered to be a homerun. I’m betting Eddy will smash it on his next effort!
I hope they do it old school, with the poorly dubbed b movies instead of the modern ones because that would be half its charm. If done like Elvira, it could be a great machine and bags of fun!

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I was never really excited about the theme but now I’m feeding off other people’s excitement for it. Just listening to other people’s nostalgia and how fondly they remember watching the old Toho stuff on rainy afternoons has got me excited to see where they go with it.
I think it has a lot of potential in the right hands and I agree with most of you the artwork could be amazing if done right.
Elwin has already done similar theme with JP. I say give it to Eddy. Stranger Things was just him shaking off the cobwebs after 20 years out of the business, that and I think Stern wanted a straight up rip off of AFM with a theme they considered to be a homerun. I’m betting Eddy will smash it on his next effort!
I hope they do it old school, with the poorly dubbed b movies instead of the modern ones because that would be half its charm. If done like Elvira, it could be a great machine and bags of fun!

A Godzilla pin that plays and is coded like TWD would be heaven. As for what art - eh...don't know why people get so bent up out of shape about it. The Sega Godzilla pin is from the 98 movie, and I still think it's cool.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

A Godzilla pin that plays and is coded like TWD would be heaven. As for what art - eh...don't know why people get so bent up out of shape about it. The Sega Godzilla pin is from the 98 movie, and I still think it's cool.

To purist 98 movie is referred to as Zilla. If it was just a monster movie it definitely would be held in higher regard, but since it went so far away from what Godzilla looked like, many just don’t like it and won’t include it in the Godzilla movie franchise.

Unfortunately for Sega the movie bombed and only a little over 500 were made. I love the big Zilla head and hands on the playfield, but it only has 5 modes, and not much to shoot for. Great translite though.

#157 3 years ago
9398A74E-356F-41E2-8A09-A363035B3A4C (resized).jpeg9398A74E-356F-41E2-8A09-A363035B3A4C (resized).jpegF2F03BA9-F38A-44CA-B492-34266077A9F6 (resized).jpegF2F03BA9-F38A-44CA-B492-34266077A9F6 (resized).jpeg
#158 3 years ago

I might be in the minority here, but I would have preferred the newest Godzilla - Monsterverse I believe. Don’t get me wrong, I love Togo’s versions and grew up watching all the movies. Caught a lot of them during the marathon that other -insiders posted about - I just like the new guy better. Either way, I’m on the list for one. Fingers crossed it’s good! Can’t wait and I check in every day hoping for concrete info!

#159 3 years ago

Sega Zilla is awesome. Just don't try to tie it to the Toho stuff and think of it as simply a *Monster* pin.
Super straight ahead run set that is super fun. Getting on the *King Of The Monsters* high score board is challenging, but very satisfying.
I'm on my third machine (kept upgrading when I found a better example) and am taking mine to the grave.
Terry.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

To purist 98 movie is referred to as Zilla. If it was just a monster movie it definitely would be held in higher regard, but since it went so far away from what Godzilla looked like, many just don’t like it and won’t include it in the Godzilla movie franchise.
Unfortunately for Sega the movie bombed and only a little over 500 were made. I love the big Zilla head and hands on the playfield, but it only has 5 modes, and not much to shoot for. Great translite though.

Not sure it is "so far away from what Godzilla" looked like anymore compare to the recent incarnations. Regardless, Godzilla changed so much over the years...what does it matter anymore. The only thing that does flips anymore is if he is evil Godzilla or good Godzilla. I personally go for the good Godzilla...I love when he's beating up the baddies.

Toho era would be ideal - build it around the middle of the run and you have a hit.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I might be in the minority here, but I would have preferred the newest Godzilla - Monsterverse I believe. Don’t get me wrong, I love Togo’s versions and grew up watching all the movies. Caught a lot of them during the marathon that other -insiders posted about - I just like the new guy better. Either way, I’m on the list for one. Fingers crossed it’s good! Can’t wait and I check in every day hoping for concrete info!

The new stuff is ok. Think the last one could have been a bit better, but that's because everyone nowadays tries to be clever. Ishiro Hondas they are not.

#162 3 years ago

I don't care if its based on new or old Godzilla. In a sea of bad themes from kids movies to superheroes and old rock bands its just great to get something Sci Fi.

#163 3 years ago

I think the only two versions I would dislike are '98's Zilla and the more recent Shin Godzilla. Shin was an interesting take on Godzilla but %#$@ he's ugly.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I think the only two versions I would dislike are '98's Zilla and the more recent Shin Godzilla. Shin was an interesting take on Godzilla but %#$@ he's ugly.

They made like 13 of those movies...and most just aren't fun to watch. And if Godzilla ain't fund to watch, what's the point right?

#165 3 years ago

Let me guess......
Three pop-bumpers, four ramps, zero assets and great "flow"

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I actually really liked the 98 movie.
The khasmir version is awesome and the rest of the soundtrack is bloody great.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Three pop-bumpers, four ramps, zero assets and great "flow"

I certainly hope so. Not sure where u getting the "zero assets" Ok some games are lacking and some are loaded thats the way it is sometimes with licensed themes.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They made like 13 of those movies...and most just aren't fun to watch. And if Godzilla ain't fund to watch, what's the point right?

I will take a bad Godzilla film over much of the crap coming out of Hollyweird the last few years

#169 3 years ago

I will take a bad Godzilla film

Yep. Not too mention it lends itself so much better to pinball. I don't want see bad actors and CGI Godzilla all over the place. How much better would this be on ur LCD over any of the crap they put out after the 80's.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep. Not too mention it lends itself so much better to pinball. I don't want see bad actors and CGI Godzilla all over the place. How much better would this be on ur LCD over any of the crap they put out after the 80's.

This would look sweet!
Wasn’t really a theme on my radar but if done like this, with these old B movie assets, instead of all Hollywood, I’d be sorely tempted.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would love that. The Godzilla music is awesome!

#172 3 years ago

I'm a HUUGE Godzilla fan and would be thrilled if it was the old stuff or even the Hesei era stuff. I try not to monitor this thread until the curiosity gets the better of me... I would have a hard time not being the first in line...

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I'm a HUUGE Godzilla fan and would be thrilled if it was the old stuff or even the Hesei era stuff. I try not to monitor this thread until the curiosity gets the better of me... I would have a hard time not being the first in line...

I would be happy with any era at this point.

#174 3 years ago

That’s my view at this point as well. Just give me Godzilla!!!!

#175 3 years ago

Me too. But with Ghidrah. And Mothra. And Rodan. And Auguste Rodin too while we are at it. And the Magicial Fairy Ladies who sing the "Moth-who-raaa- yikes, Moth-who-raaaaaa" song to summon Mothra.

And a Godzilla head that gobbles the ball, eyes light up and maybe lights on spine for radioactive glow.
And lights syncopated on the sides with the music and monster yells.
And the angry random Japanese guy holding a grudge on a balcony who yells at Godzilla as they are staring at each other and yells "God-zeell-laaa".

And maybe a Godzilla claw that grabs the ball.
or maybe A Three Headed King Ghidrah and one of the Ghidrah heads grabs the ball and another releases it.

I would be happy with any era and any of the above we wouldn't say "no" to either

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Me too. But with Ghidrah. And Mothra. And Rodan. And Auguste Rodin too while we are at it. And the Magicial Fairy Ladies who sing the "Moth-who-raaa- yikes, Moth-who-raaaaaa" song to summon Mothra.
And a Godzilla head that gobbles the ball, eyes light up and maybe lights on spine for radioactive glow.
And lights syncopated on the sides with the music and monster yells.
And the angry random Japanese guy holding a grudge on a balcony who yells at Godzilla as they are staring at each other and yells "God-zeell-laaa".
And maybe a Godzilla claw that grabs the ball.
or maybe A Three Headed King Ghidrah and one of the Ghidrah heads grabs the ball and another releases it.
I would be happy with any era and any of the above we wouldn't say "no" to either

There’s so many ways they can go with his and kaiju they can use. If Stern can give us a topper like BKSOR with Godzilla’s head moving and mouth opens when he roars. Then have destroyed buildings with fire like BK. They can put a bright blue light in the mouth when he uses his nuclear breath.

#177 3 years ago

These are all amazing ideas...

...soooooo we're probably saying "not likely for 2021," yeah?

(And Tempest thank you for not making me feel like a loner for loving the Heisei era films.)

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

These are all amazing ideas...
...soooooo we're probably saying "not likely for 2021," yeah?
(And tempest thank you for not making me feel like a loner for loving the Heisei era films.)

So possible 2021 release!

#179 3 years ago

So possible 2021 release!

It might happen, the movie has just been pushed up for a March release instead of May.
Here is the beginning part of the article about the movie's release:

A truly monstrous showdown is about to take place ahead of schedule.

Warner Bros. bumped up the release date of Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, two months earlier than its previously scheduled May date. (The COVID-19 pandemic previously delayed the film from a November 2020 release.) Per Warner's new release strategy, the film will be available in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously.

Come on Stern, get on this NOW!!!

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

HUZZAH!!!

#181 3 years ago

Cabinet art

Left cabinet Godzilla, Right cabinet King Ghidra.

Left head Gamera, right head Mothra

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

It might happen, the movie has just been pushed up for a March release instead of May.
Here is the beginning part of the article about the movie's release:
A truly monstrous showdown is about to take place ahead of schedule.
Warner Bros. bumped up the release date of Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, two months earlier than its previously scheduled May date. (The COVID-19 pandemic previously delayed the film from a November 2020 release.) Per Warner's new release strategy, the film will be available in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously.

That’s awesome news! Stern don’t fail me.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Cabinet art
Left cabinet Godzilla, Right cabinet King Ghidra.
Left head Gamera, right head Mothra

Left cabinet Godzilla using fire breath.
Left head MechaGodzilla
Right cabinet King Ghidorah firing their electricity
Right head Mothra

2DFA28BB-EFBC-4D85-A584-CEC27A17B4F2 (resized).jpeg2DFA28BB-EFBC-4D85-A584-CEC27A17B4F2 (resized).jpeg64AE5B1D-7657-4F18-9EA8-294B2AB660BC (resized).jpeg64AE5B1D-7657-4F18-9EA8-294B2AB660BC (resized).jpeg97565A32-86CF-4D01-8120-B4EE2701067D (resized).jpeg97565A32-86CF-4D01-8120-B4EE2701067D (resized).jpegACF456D3-3E11-4D7C-828E-AA198E4C44E2 (resized).jpegACF456D3-3E11-4D7C-828E-AA198E4C44E2 (resized).jpeg
#184 3 years ago

Side staduim lighting to mimic the atomic breath in game play and a wide body would be cool

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Godpinzilla:

Side staduim lighting to mimic the atomic breath in game play and a wide body would be cool

Hell you at would. Powerbladez would be awesome also.

#186 3 years ago

I hope Stern makes a Super LE for this theme. I've been waiting my whole life for Godzilla and anything and everything will go if necessary for this release. I could possibly buy both the LE and the Pro if the art is good enough and if the Premium and Pro are significantly different... sort of like Game of Thrones or Black Knight.

I think that it is almost certain that the button on the lockdown bar will be for Godzilla's atomic breath. I've always envisioned Godzilla's scales running the length of the side rails. At the least, I'd like to see a laser cut side rail that lights up or anything original for the machine's armor. I just hope that the powder coat is not green. It is a common misconception that Godzilla is green as he is usually depicted that way in comics and other artwork.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I hope Stern makes a Super LE for this theme. I've been waiting my whole life for Godzilla and anything and everything will go if necessary for this release. I could possibly buy both the LE and the Pro if the art is good enough and if the Premium and Pro are significantly different... sort of like Game of Thrones or Black Knight.
I think that it is almost certain that the button on the lockdown bar will be for Godzilla's atomic breath. I've always envisioned Godzilla's scales running the length of the side rails. At the least, I'd like to see a laser cut side rail that lights up or anything original for the machine's armor. I just hope that the powder coat is not green. It is a common misconception that Godzilla is green as he is usually depicted that way in comics and other artwork.

This may be possibly my first LE. I hope they don’t do green either for the powder coat. He was actually charcoal grey or black from the 60’s through the 90’s. Hopefully they go all out on this and Toho doesn’t put on the hand cuffs like Led Zeppelin did to Stern.

#188 3 years ago

This may be possibly my first LE. I hope they don’t do green either for the powder coat. He was actually charcoal grey or black from the 60’s through the 90’s. Hopefully they go all out on this and Toho doesn’t put on the hand cuffs like Led Zeppelin did to Stern.

So it's confirmed/established that lz coming out barren and totally uninspired was the bands fault?

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So it's confirmed/established that lz coming out barren and totally uninspired was the bands fault?

That’s what people are suspecting and saying. The cost of the license was not cheap and I believe Stern did not have much creative control.

#190 3 years ago

That’s what people are suspecting and saying. The cost of the license was not cheap and I believe Stern did not have much creative control.

What did the license cost?

#191 3 years ago

I'd better drain this thread before I call my distributor.

#192 3 years ago

I hope they don’t do green either for the powder coat. He was actually charcoal grey or black from the 60’s through the 90’s.

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts every time I see Godzilla pictured as green. (You can imagine my delight with Godzilla 2000. Thanks a lot, Hanna Barbera!)

#193 3 years ago

Hell you at would. Powerbladez would be awesome also.

Regardless of designer, you definitely need the cut out wood and side armour used in Star Trek LE!!

#194 3 years ago

I'm going to wait and buy second hand only because a NIB Stern CAN NOT be trusted for quality, customer service and code. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I'll possibly buy a bunch of mods and a used pin and send it all to HEP to do his magic. Stern screwed Charlie really bad on this license because I would have bought a NIB from Spooky in a heart beat but unfortunately we are stuck with Stern and their absolute crap ass QC department/customer service.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts every time I see Godzilla pictured as green. (You can imagine my delight with Godzilla 2000. Thanks a lot, Hanna Barbera!)

I usually don’t like to talk about Hanna Barbera lol. Was never a big fan of their cartoons and the green Godzilla was just horrible. Looked nothing like Godzilla and looked like a giant lizard. Didn’t even get his spikes correct

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I'd better drain this thread before I call my distributor.

Don’t drain it!! Lol. You know you can’t do it and you will call your distributor.

#197 3 years ago

Don’t drain it!! Lol. You know you can’t do it and you will call your distributor.

Those make sense to me. I cannot resist the large freakishly mutated iguana and his cadre of nom nom monster enemies. And Ultraman.

#198 3 years ago

I usually don’t like to talk about Hanna Barbera lol. Was never a big fan of their cartoons and the green Godzilla was just horrible. Looked nothing like Godzilla and looked like a giant lizard. Didn’t even get his spikes correct

Loved that cartoon. Was cool as hell to a 9 year old.

#199 3 years ago

At this point with sterns track record i am not concerned about the art. I am concerned with price and what the game play is like. Sad to say that I am glad its not a richie pin, i hope its not a dwight pin as it will have 1.0 code and not be fun, really hope its not elwin as it will be a 4 flipper game that has upper loops. Maybe someone new, new thoughts, and a real value. With the recent bend you more over the barrel on the price of bm66 and elvira I will soon be done with new games and lack of games being plain fun.

I honestly hope it is a good pin at a decent value.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

At this point with sterns track record i am not concerned about the art. I am concerned with price and what the game play is like. Sad to say that I am glad its not a richie pin, i hope its not a dwight pin as it will have 1.0 code and not be fun, really hope its not elwin as it will be a 4 flipper game that has upper loops. Maybe someone new, new thoughts, and a real value. With the recent bend you more over the barrel on the price of bm66 and elvira I will soon be done with new games and lack of games being plain fun.
I honestly hope it is a good pin at a decent value.

All good points. The best designer for this in fortunately isn’t working anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.