EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am supper pumped for this. Old or new Godzilla I don’t care!!

Supper pumped? Sounds like some method of force-feeding dinners to anorexic patients. ;>

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Supper pumped? Sounds like some method of force-feeding dinners to anorexic patients. ;>

I am really excited for this. Godzilla was a huge happy memory for me growing up with an abusive mother. So yeah I am super pumped.

#103 3 years ago

I've had my Avatar for 6 years, so it shows where I stand on this pin being made but I have to be honest: I've bashed Stern pretty hard on their QC and customer service. I was hoping for Charlie (Spooky) to make it but that isn't a reality anymore. I will probably wait and see if the playfields are still being made like crap and buy later down the road and see where the price is going on the used market and send it to HEP to do his magic on it. I'm 58 years old and it is my "Grail" pin to be made so I would have no issue sending to HEP to make it perfect.
GODZILLA: LONG LIVE THE KING

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Yeah, when I watched "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" and they said Godzilla was powered by the souls of all those killed in the Pacific War (American? Maybe some Japanese in there? Souls of gulls? Fish souls? Norwegian sub dudes?)

That's the one. I forgot which one it was, but it was so disturbing that sold it real quick. The others were not impressive either. I stick with the older series (love them all, even the Smog Monster), and the new material is pretty good. Not perfect, but what are you going to do.

Have you had a chance to check to the trilogy of Gamera films from the 90's? There were excellent. Wonderfull blend of traditional "man in suit" and GCI. Just watched one a few weeks ago - wish they made more of those.

There was another Japanese film around that time called Orchachi - The Eight Headed Dragon - or something like that. Check it out if you get a chance.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Have you had a chance to check to the trilogy of Gamera films from the 90's? There were excellent. Wonderfull blend of traditional "man in suit" and GCI. Just watched one a few weeks ago - wish they made more of those.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera 2: Attack of Legion, Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Amazing trilogy for Kaiju fans!

#106 3 years ago

I passed on gnr and infinity wars I would love stern to throw out bom on this title and do a small documentary on how pin was made what movies team had to watch and come up with modes last new stern was family guy for me knock it out team I have the other Godzilla pin never leaving my collection

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera 2: Attack of Legion, Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Amazing trilogy for Kaiju fans!

That's them. Probably the best we'll ever get to blending tradition with contemporary visions.

Another old school series is the Damijen triology (sp?). That would make for a kick ass pinball.

#108 3 years ago

As a child of the 70s, Godzilla is something very sacred to me. This place is somewhere where I can say that and be understood when I say this is a must have title. Even though there is a wealth of material from which Stern can pull from I’m pretty sure it will be from the newest US era films, it just makes sense...

#109 3 years ago

Godzilla marathon on comet tv today

#110 3 years ago

If you have Romulo you can add comet for free

#111 3 years ago

Robust

#112 3 years ago

Omg auto correct ROKU

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

As a child of the 70s, Godzilla is something very sacred to me. This place is somewhere where I can say that and be understood when I say this is a must have title. Even though there is a wealth of material from which Stern can pull from I’m pretty sure it will be from the newest US era films, it just makes sense...

Same here. Godzilla is a bright spot of my childhood growing up in an abusive home. I am ok if it’s the newer US films because I enjoyed them very much and they did a great job of keeping the heart of the Toho films unlike the 1998 film. Was a decent kaju movie but not a Godzilla movie. Hopefully we here something sooner than later. Fingers crossed Stern doesn’t have any limitations like appear with the Led Zeppelin license. That was a pin I was really looking forward to.

#114 3 years ago

Loved the Gamera Trilogy and the 1990s-early 2000 effects of showing people being blown across streets or around was a nice touch.
Agree with everyone that there is a soft spot for the 1960s and 70s movies.
Godzilla is:
*A warning against messing with nature.
*The thought of something huge and reptillian protecting nature or "good people" (whatever as a kid that meant to me) was something reassuring.
*For when we were abused, feeling picked on, it would have been great to call upon Godzilla or have the magical fairies call Mothra to help us.
*A great source of nostalgia from when I was growing up with afternoon showings. Sometimes staying up late was a big deal to see these movies with local late night shlock hosts-Ghoul, Ghoulardi, Big Chuck & Houlihan, etc - I am sure every market had their own versions of hosts/hostesses along with Elvira.
*Just as entertaining watching grown men in articulated costumes performing wrestling and boxing moves intercut with panicked Japanese, American or World Citizens looking up, pointing and then running away.

#115 3 years ago

Dream theme for me
Especially if done right. Really wish stern wasn’t the one making it. Then again I wouldn’t want Spooky to make this either after seeing Rick and Morty. They really need to move past this rule of using only off the shelf parts... it’s holding them back.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Really wish stern wasn’t the one making it.

Why?

Imagine the layout of JP but with Godzilla. Or the the style and fun factor BM66, DP, TWD or Maiden with 70/80s Zilla. This ridiculous comments keeps surfacing without any reason outside of I guess some disappointments which tells me you want the perfect pinball manufacture to make this game, well that doesn't exist. At least with Stern they will show some violence and might actually do the theme justice where it counts. I'll take that over some useless mechs and molded toys every day all day.

#117 3 years ago

I have to ask among the Kaiju tribe here: In a pin or the movie, how does Kong have any chance against this? Does a diet of dinosaurs and trees give King Kong anti nuclear properties?

Oh - and Stern - along with the crotch fan please have a strobe or all flashers go off at once with the horn rumbling sounds and the shaker motor to simulate a Godzilla nuke wave/EPM pulse . And then the entire machine goes black and quiet for 3 seconds.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I have to ask among the Kaiju tribe here: In a pin or the movie, how does Kong have any chance against this? Does a diet of dinosaurs and trees give King Kong anti nuclear properties?
Oh - and Stern - along with the crotch fan please have a strobe or all flashers go off at once with the horn rumbling sounds and the shaker motor to simulate a Godzilla nuke wave/EPM pulse . And then the entire machine goes black and quiet for 3 seconds.

That is pretty badass. I need to watch it again. I think the movie was great and like I said, Stern can do old Toho or the new movies. But the sound and video effects on the new movies kicks ass! Definitely worthy of an external subwoofer.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why?
Imagine the layout of JP but with Godzilla. Or the the style and fun factor BM66, DP, TWD or Maiden with 70/80s Zilla. This ridiculous comments keeps surfacing without any reason outside of I guess some disappointments which tells me you want the perfect pinball manufacture to make this game, well that doesn't exist. At least with Stern they will show some violence and might actually do the theme justice where it counts. I'll take that over some useless mechs and molded toys every day all day.

I am really disappointed with Led Zeppelin (my first NIB Stern was BKSOR premium) but I am glad Godzilla is in Sterns hands. I have played Elvira, Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, Jurassic Park, and Turtles. I would buy all of them if I had the money or if the theme really was a must have for me (DC fan and not a fan of IM and Turtles after my time), but I did put a deposit down for Elvira.

Hopefully Stern gets full access to whichever library of video and images and can have the creative license to make a kick ass game. Like I said old or new Godzilla and I would be happy. May possibly be my first LE purchase. But I really need to keep my expectations low and not raised to the heavens.

#120 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this pin, and I hope a Gamera comes to fruition as well.
Either way, Varan and Gammera would love to see more Kaiju in my game room.

20201222_204325 (resized).jpg20201222_204325 (resized).jpg
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wait.
This is a Piside thread based on a Youtube video based on Pinside thread?
Is this a chicken and egg kinda deal?

120 posts and counting, with the egg still hoping it will hatch to be a chicken ... but does anyone know for sure that the rooster fertilised the egg?

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

Looking forward to seeing this pin, and I hope a Gamera comes to fruition as well.
Either way, Varan and Gammera would love to see more Kaiju in my game room.[quoted image]

I would give this 10 thumbs up if I could. Varan is my favorite Kaiju, seeing the short 5 minute Super 8 when I was about 5 years old. I have that same poster in the One Sheet and the Insert forms.

And if you are a Gamera fan, you have to track down the MST3K versions of them. They take them to a whole new level.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would give this 10 thumbs up if I could. Varan is my favorite Kaiju, seeing the short 5 minute Super 8 when I was about 5 years old. I have that same poster in the One Sheet and the Insert forms.
And if you are a Gamera fan, you have to track down the MST3K versions of them. They take them to a whole new level.

MST3K Gamera movies are hilarious. Highly recommend them also.

#124 3 years ago

MST3K Gamera movies are hilarious. Highly recommend them also.

Their version of Gamera vs. Guiron should be preserved in the Library of Congress.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's the one. I forgot which one it was, but it was so disturbing that sold it real quick. The others were not impressive either. I stick with the older series (love them all, even the Smog Monster), and the new material is pretty good. Not perfect, but what are you going to do.
There was another Japanese film around that time called Orchachi - The Eight Headed Dragon - or something like that. Check it out if you get a chance.

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

That's funny you should mention that, because new special editions of the Showa & Heisei eras of Gamera are coming out on bluray later this month. I will definitly pick up the 90s era since I've never seen before.

https://www.amazon.com/Gamera-Collection-4-Disc-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B08LNF3XC7/ref=pd_lpo_74_t_1/131-1587287-9698334

https://www.amazon.com/Gamera-Heisei-Collection-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B08LNL4FWT/ref=pd_lpo_74_img_2/131-1587287-9698334

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's funny you should mention that, because new special editions of the Showa & Heisei eras of Gamera are coming out on bluray later this month. I will definitly pick up the 90s era since I've never seen before.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing the information

#128 3 years ago

One thing that was said in the video is that we don't know when it will come out, we don't know if it will be in the Spring, in the Summer or in the Fall... Is it a reasonable assumption that this would conceivably go from whispers to announcement and release within the same calendar year? Or was he speaking figuratively? (I'm not very familiar with pre-/production timelines for pins...)

(Just trying to get a sense of how much time I have to start saving... Last one took me two years. )

#129 3 years ago

Godzilla would be a very hit or miss theme for me. I'd want more of a King of Monsters style game where you're battling other Kaiju monsters while causing destruction in various metropolitan cities. If you've ever played any of the Burnout 3: Takedown, a bit like the crash mode where your score is tabulated by the amount of destruction you've caused. I've been toying around with an unlicensed game with monsters from various cities: Godzilla (Tokyo), King Kong (New York), Werewolf (London), Gargoyle (Paris), Minotaur (Barcelona), etc.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Godzilla would be a very hit or miss theme for me. I'd want more of a King of Monsters style game where you're battling other Kaiju monsters while causing destruction in various metropolitan cities. If you've ever played any of the Burnout 3: Takedown, a bit like the crash mode where your score is tabulated by the amount of destruction you've caused. I've been toying around with an unlicensed game with monsters from various cities: Godzilla (Tokyo), King Kong (New York), Werewolf (London), Gargoyle (Paris), Minotaur (Barcelona), etc.

Will this pin be good Godzilla or bad destroy everything Godzilla? Good question. Being able to destroy a building like on MM could be cool to mix in with battling different kaiju would be nice balance. And Burnout 3 is one of my all time favorites with crash mode.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

One thing that was said in the video is that we don't know when it will come out, we don't know if it will be in the Spring, in the Summer or in the Fall... Is it a reasonable assumption that this would conceivably go from whispers to announcement and release within the same calendar year? Or was he speaking figuratively? (I'm not very familiar with pre-/production timelines for pins...)
(Just trying to get a sense of how much time I have to start saving... Last one took me two years. )

Anyone comment on the possibility of Godzilla being released this year with this soft reveal?

#132 3 years ago

Gappa jealous

#133 3 years ago

Imagine the Godzilla original theme kicking in as a multiball starts! Amazing potential with this theme. I want a mode for each of the monsters ideally, King Ghidorah definitely needs to be a three ball affair and an all monsters attack wizard mode. Yeti on art. King Keith doing the layout etc. Take my money

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Yeti on art. King Keith doing the layout etc. Take my money

That is Stern's dream pairing. Maybe the best pair in all of pinball.

Will this pin be good Godzilla or bad destroy everything Godzilla? Good question. Being able to destroy a building like on MM could be cool to mix in with battling different kaiju would be nice balance. And Burnout 3 is one of my all time favorites with crash mode.

Yeah, I would have the main toy be a near ripoff of the castle from Medieval Madness. Rethemed as a modern cityscape. As you rumble around the buildings are shaking and toppling. It could be pretty sweet. I also wish companies would use more pop targets, like on Elvira or Cactus Canyon. I could see those being used as fire hydrants breaking or maybe even whole cars.

#135 3 years ago

Same here. Godzilla is a bright spot of my childhood growing up in an abusive home. I am ok if it’s the newer US films because I enjoyed them very much and they did a great job of keeping the heart of the Toho films unlike the 1998 film. Was a decent kaju movie but not a Godzilla movie. Hopefully we here something sooner than later. Fingers crossed Stern doesn’t have any limitations like appear with the Led Zeppelin license. That was a pin I was really looking forward to.

Same here my brother. Creature double feature on tv takes a kid away from the hitting and screaming for awhile.

Godzilla was a kids dream theme.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Imagine the Godzilla original theme kicking in as a multiball starts! Amazing potential with this theme. I want a mode for each of the monsters ideally, King Ghidorah definitely needs to be a three ball affair and an all monsters attack wizard mode. Yeti on art. King Keith doing the layout etc. Take my money

I vote for Destroy all Monsters theme - have the big three and everyone else against King Ghidrah.

Ass kicking time.

#137 3 years ago

I was not aware so many people were into that theme. I wish you guys will get it.

#138 3 years ago

Chris Franchi confirmed on his podcast that Stern has the rights to the Toho version of Godzilla. So this would be good Gozzilla battling other monsters, I'm pumped!

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I was not aware so many people were into that theme. I wish you guys will get it.

If you were a child in the US in the 70's, nothing was better than watching Godzilla movies (or Gamera) on rainy afternoons. Was almost magical.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If you were a child in the US in the 70's, nothing was better than watching Godzilla movies (or Gamera) on rainy afternoons. Was almost magical.

I’m a 90s kid and I still really want Toho Godzilla. I think the art package on Godzilla could be really special. Hopefully it’s Kieth!

#141 3 years ago

It's a good theme fo sho; the pissing and moaning and childhood-ruining will be big on this one.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I was a child in the 70's and I used to watch it all the time at night but I guess Star Wars was more my thing

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I was a child in the 70's and I used to watch it all the time at night but I guess Star Wars was more my thing

Loved SW as well....

Star Wars wasn't on TV on Saturday afternoons on Shock Theater though.

#144 3 years ago

I remember Creature Feature on WKBD TV50 from Detroit.
The intertoobes say that was on late at night, but I remember Saturday afternoons. Maybe there was an afternoon re-run?
That was when we first got cable TV and stations from far away were amazing.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The intertoobes say that was on late at night, but I remember Saturday afternoons. Maybe there was an afternoon re-run?

Def afternoons when I was watching a a kid. Early 80s I assume.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Def afternoons when I was watching a a kid. Early 80s I assume.

In Cleveland Super Host was a tv show hosted by Marty Allen and he would play Godzilla movies and other b movie sci fi films on Saturday mornings in the 70’s and 80’s on channel 8. Funny thing is he was the program director. You could send in drawings to the show and he would put them up and the camera man would pan over them. I drew some dinosaurs fighting and sent it in and I got to see it on tv. At that time that was pretty damn cool.

#147 3 years ago

In Cleveland Super Host was a tv show hosted by Marty Allen and he would play Godzilla movies and other b movie sci fi films on Saturday mornings in the 70’s and 80’s on channel 8. Funny thing is he was the program director. You could send in drawings to the show and he would put them up and the camera man would pan over them. I drew some dinosaurs fighting and sent it in and I got to see it on tv. At that time that was pretty damn cool.

I think you meant Marty Sullivan. He was Super Host and remembered him doing news at times and it was surreal seeing him out of costume.

I think your drawings were up on the screen next to mine sometimes.

I even sent in pictures to the Ghoul - who ripped off Ghoulardy.

Good pre Internet times as kids

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Amen to that. I would even record the audio on a cheap cassette.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I would even record the audio on a cheap cassette.

Why do that? Half the fun was watching how the audio track never matched the movements of the actor's mouth.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why do that? Half the fun was watching how the audio track never matched the movements of the actor's mouth.

When the DVDs came out and you could select the original versions dubed, they were not as much fun. Kinda like listening to the Beatles EMI album versions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/3?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.