EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 40.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Actually, they do have it. You have to hit/hold the lockdown bar button to use it and it collects shots, or something like that. They said in the beginning of the steam that they were not going to be able to use it since Jack mounted a Go-Pro above it and they couldn't hit the button. Elwin actually mentioned it while he was playing saying he would have liked to be able to use it.

I think it actually was used a few times anyway. When you hit the button for the breath attack, all lit shots are immediately collected. Pretty awesome power. Like Elvira's Ray Gun but to the next level. I definitely saw the LCD pop-up confirming the collected shots a couple of times.

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Based on the stream, my feeling that this is a great game was only confirmed even more. Well done Keith and team!

Yeah, one of the best reveal streams ever. They actually just played the damn game, and let the gameplay and LCD speak for themselves. That's all you should need if the game is designed and coded well.

The rules deep dives can be saved for later for us pinball nerds that want them.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:I think it actually was used a few times anyway. When you hit the button for the breath attack, all lit shots are immediately collected. Pretty awesome power. Like Elvira's Ray Gun but to the next level. I definitely saw the LCD pop-up confirming the collected shots a couple of times.

Yep, I think Tanio used it at least once based on what was shown on the LCD and it's exactly why I said I don't think they've done it justice in the code yet, there should be some really cool light show when you're holding that down.

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Try listening to the triple drain podcast, the "Tom talks" segment is so painful I won't even bother with that one anymore. The guy sounds like he just dropped 10 kush hits and a 5th of booze. They think its hilarious but its literally the worst segment in pinball podcasting. Joel and Travis aren't too bad but Tom isn't interesting at all and it takes a minute for him to mumble anything out.

Um... Joel is clearly the worst thing in pinball not Tom, he has a successful modeling career...

#1905 2 years ago

Heard from my distrib that numbers shot up after the reveal. It was definitely a success and looks great. I hate these insane price jumps, but if anyone is worth jumping in its Keith. He's the king!

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Heard from my distrib that numbers shot up after the reveal. It was definitely a success and looks great. I hate these insane price jumps, but if anyone is worth jumping in its Keith. He's the king!

What numbers shot up?

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Um... Joel is clearly the worst thing in pinball not Tom, he has a successful modeling career...

I missed what happened between you and Joel but I don’t have a problem with Tom as a person, it’s the one word a minute part I can’t stand. He is a nice guy, he plays well, he is nice looking, all things that don’t matter to me in a Pinball podcast. However Silverball Chronicles is one of my favorite podcasts so keep up the great work, definitely a fan of the show as well as you and Ron on other shows

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What numbers shot up?

sales numbers.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, I think Tanio used it at least once based on what was shown on the LCD and it's exactly why I said I don't think they've done it justice in the code yet, there should be some really cool light show when you're holding that down.

They also said the difficulty of activating the atomic breath increases the more you use it. You have to hold the apron button down longer & it takes longer to get to 100% after each use. Which means less time with your hand on your flippers. Risk vs reward.

Little stuff like this turns good games into great games, and Keith's titles are loaded with coding nuggets like this.
heat ray (resized).JPGheat ray (resized).JPG

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

Please look again more closely. It’s definitely flipped, not written sideways.
Should normally appear like this:[quoted image]

Looks like the text on the backglass has been fixed, from looking at the Pro on Stern’s website:

EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpegEA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They also said the difficulty of activating the atomic breath increases the more you use it. You have to hold the apron button down longer & it takes longer to get to 100% after each use. Which means less time with your hand on your flippers. Risk vs reward.
Little stuff like this turns good games into great games, and Keith's titles are loaded with coding nuggets like this.
[quoted image]

I wonder if they’ll disallow flipper hold while using action button or else you could just trap up and use it.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What numbers shot up?

After the reveal stream? Sales numbers.

Before the reveal? New pro/premium/LE pricing.

#1913 2 years ago

Is there a scheduled gameplay stream for the Pro version in the works? I love the Premium, and I am trying to figure out if I can settle for the Pro. The fifteen seconds of the Pro version in the trailer is not enough and there is only so much staring at playfield pics one man can do.
Thanks.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

[quoted image]

Wait how exactly does this work?

#1915 2 years ago

Going to secure a JP premium at the end of the year. Going to wait on Godzilla. I have AIQ pro to keep me busy and they are not going to make JP forever. That’s a game I can’t pass on. Will look for a used Godzilla at some point.

The artwork just doesn’t thrill me at all. I don’t hate it, but just wish was more along the lines of JP with a more realistic look to match the movie assets.

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Going to secure a JP premium at the end of the year. Going to wait on Godzilla. I have AIQ pro to keep me busy and they are not going to make JP forever. That’s a game I can’t pass on. Will look for a used Godzilla at some point.
The artwork just doesn’t thrill me at all. I don’t hate it, but just wish was more along the lines of JP with a more realistic look to match the movie assets.

Hard to believe you're passing. You've been so jacked for this theme. Dont let the art get ya down,

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hard to believe you're passing. You've been so jacked for this theme. Dont let the art get ya down,

The price also is an issue. I just can’t justify near $9k plus I have my wife’s Halloween coming. I am number 481. This way any issues will be resolved by the time I am ready. I don’t mind waiting.

Glad you guys who are getting it are really happy. Just want a JP and love the theme. I saw JP when it came out at a drive in San Diego when I was in the Navy with my wife and my son who passed alway a couple years later.

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

JP and GZ are the only two pin I’ve bought without playing first. I had a feeling for both pins! JP was a hit and confident GZ is as well.

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

JP and GZ are the only two pin I’ve bought without playing first. I had a feeling for both pins! JP was a hit and confident GZ is as well.

Most of my nib have bought without playing as well. Theme gets me hooked!

#1920 2 years ago

The price also is an issue. I just can’t justify near $9k plus I have my wife’s Halloween coming. I am number 481. This way any issues will be resolved by the time I am ready. I don’t mind waiting.
Glad you guys who are getting it are really happy. Just want a JP and love the theme. I saw JP when it came out at a drive in San Diego when I was in the Navy with my wife and my son who passed alway a couple years later.

Hmm odd after the price increase I can't rationalize any old Stern Premium for that price. I think the only one I could stomach would be Godzilla. Elwin took it up a notch with this one and really set the bar high, very high. Was any of the increase used to increase BOM? or is he just hitting his stride? Either way it's the only Premium I would buy at that price.

#1921 2 years ago

#1922 2 years ago

Thank you for your service and sorry about your son. That would be tough.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank you for your service and sorry about your son. That would be tough.

My sentiments exactly, thank you and my condolences.

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wait how exactly does this work?

I believe you charge up the heat ray via a spinner, and when fully charged you hit/hold the button on the lock down bar, and it collects all the lit shots. However as the game progresses you have to hold it longer -

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I missed what happened between you and Joel but I don’t have a problem with Tom as a person, it’s the one word a minute part I can’t stand. He is a nice guy, he plays well, he is nice looking, all things that don’t matter to me in a Pinball podcast. However Silverball Chronicles is one of my favorite podcasts so keep up the great work, definitely a fan of the show as well as you and Ron on other shows

The Joel thing is just a joke, you gotta have a rivalry right? ha!

#1926 2 years ago

Godzilla vs Standard 2021 pricing in CDN funds after taxes....
Godzilla pro $10,000 (formally $8,800)
Godzilla premium $12,100 (formally $10,800)
Godzilla LE Hahahahahahaha!!!!
Holy crap though!!
Why such a big jump on the pro? It look great but where the extra $1,200? A few for the insider but the pro doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff over say a Dp or Aiq pro. That's a really hard pill to swallow.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Hahaha, ok, well if that's the case you guys have done a very convincing job!

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

It's not a joke! It's a way of life! Joel is hated by all of Canada! Hell, the Liberals won the Federal election last night with THAT as their Party Platform!

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It's not a joke! It's a way of life! Joel is hated by all of Canada! Hell, the Liberals won the Federal election last night with THAT as their Party Platform!

OUCH!!!

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why such a big jump on the pro?

Unfortunately their costs are up with pandemic shortages/labor, they have a 10000 pin backorder, the used market is thriving, and customers will pay it.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Godzilla vs Standard 2021 pricing in CDN funds after taxes....
Godzilla pro $10,000 (formally $8,800)
Godzilla premium $12,100 (formally $10,800)
Godzilla LE Hahahahahahaha!!!!
Holy crap though!!
Why such a big jump on the pro? It look great but where the extra $1,200? A few for the insider but the pro doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff over say a Dp or Aiq pro. That's a really hard pill to swallow.

My usual dealer proposed me the LE model at 12k€ shipped to my door. over 14k$!!!
well, i would not validate stern price increases anymore.
if Stern wanna kill EU market, so go on in this way

#1932 2 years ago

If Stern redecals the cabinet, changes the armor color, and announces another 1000 run it would sell out in minutes-again- maybe call it the LEX model . In fact they probably will.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If Stern redecals the cabinet, changes the armor color, and announces another 1000 run it would sell out in minutes-again- maybe call it the LEX model . In fact they probably will.

It wouldn’t sell out - that would be a complete disaster for them as it would anger the LE buyers. They have no reason to change their existing formula. They basically have 2 options to manage demand - raise the prices of LEs and/or make more of them. They utilized both for this game. It worked but only because it was their star designer + star artist + solid license coupled with high demand due to slow production of their 10K game backorders.

It’s a high bar to set as titles after this will follow the same price structure. Will a Rush pin be able to sell 1000 LE units @ $10.5k? If it has a similar BOM to LZ, I’m not sure it could sell 500.

#1934 2 years ago

Check out what JJP did with WOZ. I bought an ECLE. Then Ruby Red came out. Then Yellow Brick road. Stern will do what's best to sell games, I don't really blame them as they are in business to make money.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Check out what JJP did with WOZ. I bought an ECLE. Then Ruby Red came out. Then Yellow Brick road. Stern will do what's best to sell games, I don't really blame them as they are in business to make money.

EC is nicest WOZ there was imo....just sayin.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Right, but thankfully Stern is not JJP.
That was also back when JJP was operating in a 2 tier model. They haven’t done that again since they switched to the 3 tier model with POTC (SE/LE/CE). Their nomenclature sucks though as the CE is the truly limited game. Since POTC, they haven’t increased the number of CEs or invented alternate CE models.

Stern’s model is to respin the premiums to generate more sales (ie Comic Spiderman, Comic Star Wars, AC/DC Luci, etc). It’s working great for them, so why do anything different?

#1937 2 years ago

I'm not sure there's any difference between a respun Premium and an LE. Fact is Stern will do something to sell more games. Godzilla will be a huge hit and I expect Stern will milk this cow as long as it produces.

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Stern’s model is to respin the premiums to generate more sales (ie Comic Spiderman, Comic Star Wars, AC/DC Luci, etc). It’s working great for them, so why do anything different?

I'd like to see what a mostly black and white Godzilla premium would look like. Opposite of what they did with Munsters BW to colour version

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'd like to see what a mostly black and white Godzilla premium would look like. Opposite of what they did with Munsters BW to colour version

Ya, I was sorta hoping for that style as a premium option perhaps. Like black and white film footage at least for the cabinet with color playfield

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure there's any difference between a respun Premium and an LE. Fact is Stern will do something to sell more games. Godzilla will be a huge hit and I expect Stern will milk this cow as long as it produces.

Fact is?? Fact is you are making things up that Stern has literally never done. Fact is actually that Stern has always made, on their cornerstone releases, a certain number of LEs first, a premium version, and a pro version. They produce premiums and pros for however long they are in demand or until the license expires. Occasionally they seek to extend the license (i.e AC/DC) and rarely they also create a new Premium edition at that time (i.e. Luci). Other times they go back to renew a license and make a vault edition of the same Premiums and Pros, and have even created a new art package for the vault edition Premium (i.e. Star Wars, Spiderman).

But never have they revisited an LE package. Never. No reason to assume any such thing now. And assuming Gary will take any play out of Huckster Jack’s book is silly.

#1941 2 years ago

I watched the DeadFlip Godzilla stream and didn’t see anyone hit this shot. Did anyone notice if you can hit the right ramp shot with the upper flipper? I only saw shots make it 2/3 of the way up.
Thanks,

4EDA43D9-28EC-4070-BDEE-397C8CA7F4C0 (resized).jpeg4EDA43D9-28EC-4070-BDEE-397C8CA7F4C0 (resized).jpeg
#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

And they all suck IMO. I couldn't sell WOZ fast enough. No offense

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And they all suck IMO. I couldn't sell WOZ fast enough. No offense

I don't own any JJP, but have played them. Played the new GNR and the flippers just ruined the game for me. I guess I'm just used to the snappy Stern ones and the JJP ones felt weak, like you were playing under water and slowed them down. I would rather replace crappy coil stops than deal with that.

#1944 2 years ago

I'm not saying it will be an "LE" necessarily, only they will come out will another model of a "more exclusive" model of GZ. Like Luci ACDC. Or Catwoman BM66. Just because you miss out on GZLE doesn't mean there's not something exclusive coming down the road

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I watched the DeadFlip Godzilla stream and didn’t see anyone hit this shot. Did anyone notice if you can hit the right ramp shot with the upper flipper? I only saw shots make it 2/3 of the way up.
Thanks,
[quoted image]

I thought I saw them hit it several times.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I thought I saw them hit it several times.

That’s good to hear! I watched the stream, and I found myself getting lost in all the cool shots and new side orbits (not sure what to call them) that KME created. So…I could not be positive that this shot was hit. Thank you.

Here are some pics of Godzilla figures that just arrived. I got them off of eBay from Japan. They would have to be glued/epoxied before even considering putting them in a pin, I think they look cool either way.

01240836-6662-49E7-B83D-9BDF8ACA40BC (resized).jpeg01240836-6662-49E7-B83D-9BDF8ACA40BC (resized).jpeg107D3D85-78D3-495A-A22E-10DE2BF9558F (resized).jpeg107D3D85-78D3-495A-A22E-10DE2BF9558F (resized).jpeg113A04CD-EBEA-408B-8D2A-2FB7C47C8B73 (resized).jpeg113A04CD-EBEA-408B-8D2A-2FB7C47C8B73 (resized).jpeg421E316D-1145-43C9-B7DB-B06E4A99E2FC (resized).jpeg421E316D-1145-43C9-B7DB-B06E4A99E2FC (resized).jpeg3C231853-75D2-4BCC-8B78-4A86C2020AF2 (resized).jpeg3C231853-75D2-4BCC-8B78-4A86C2020AF2 (resized).jpeg8C2E6D99-B5FD-4759-BFFB-041844D84913 (resized).jpeg8C2E6D99-B5FD-4759-BFFB-041844D84913 (resized).jpeg
#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not saying it will be an "LE" necessarily, only they will come out will another model of a "more exclusive" model of GZ. Like Luci ACDC. Or Catwoman BM66. Just because you miss out on GZLE doesn't mean there's not something exclusive coming down the road

Yea Stern does have a extra parts laying around.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

24k Gold Mechagodzilla Figure - $299.99

#1949 2 years ago

Definitely better toy options for Godzilla out there.

#1950 2 years ago

Excited to say I secured an LE today after selling a pin to help fund it!!! Bye Bye Mando.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/39?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.