EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.
#1751 2 years ago

I'm very excited for this game. This is by far the most packed stern too date. The only thing that comes close is elvira house of horrors. Selling my stranger things pro to help fund a PREMIUM

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:At first sight Not impressed.
nothing looks original especially toy. MB reminds me Aerosmith, the bridge X-men and mechagodzilla Iron maiden.
Anyway, the layout is interesting as usual with Keith and now it is time to see how it plays.
Theme does nothing for me, not interested in buying this one and even less for 11.5k€ (13.5k$) the LE model

I’ve been staring at my maiden for the last 15 minutes and can’t for the life of me find the rotating three bank spinner manget catching bash toy- should I contact stern support?

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve been staring at my maiden for the last 15 minutes and can’t for the life of me find the rotating three bank spinner manget catching bash toy- should I contact stern support?

He's talking about the Pharaoh in the back.
that has that round metal thingy in the center/ "belly" as well.

Well, that things not molded and a plain target and not a magnet, but I guess you wouldn't notice it...

lieing on the floor...

stoned...

in your own vomit...

...posting on pinside.

#1754 2 years ago

Did someone already post this and I missed it? Reflective foil cabinet decals for the LE: https://fb.watch/831xlYaGZw/

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did someone already post this and I missed it? Reflective foil cabinet decals for the LE: https://fb.watch/831xlYaGZw/

*wistful siiigh* yeah, looks great... Haven't secured an LE; I've resigned myself to trying to find contentment with (hopefully) a Premium. Good for those with LEs! I hope they post pics when they get them!

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is this a Maiden Premium? If so it sounds as if you have an incomplete machine. Please sell it to me!

#1757 2 years ago

Curious about one thing. They refer to the tower as a bash toy in the stern feature matrix. But the bottom most levels of the tower, 1f is a horse shoe that comes out the lane just to the left of the tower, and 2f passes through to the back for the roof access vuk. If it did go down to 3f so a solid tower face was bashable, no holes would line up for the wire forms so theyd dribble out onto the roof. Will know Friday fir sure, but dont see a straight forward way for it to be a bash toy without chipping and assilting the roof every time you hit a ramp shot

#1758 2 years ago

WOW!!! $17,000 sold!
ebay.com link: itm

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

WOW!!! $17,000 sold!
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

That's nuts, there is another one on ebay right now for 15k + shipping, not sure why they bought this one for 17k. I have also come across ones not on ebay for 11.5 and 12.5, one would think people would do some research before dropping 17k.

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Curious about one thing. They refer to the tower as a bash toy in the stern feature matrix. But the bottom most levels of the tower, 1f is a horse shoe that comes out the lane just to the left of the tower, and 2f passes through to the back for the roof access vuk. If it did go down to 3f so a solid tower face was bashable, no holes would line up for the wire forms so theyd dribble out onto the roof. Will know Friday fir sure, but dont see a straight forward way for it to be a bash toy without chipping and assilting the roof every time you hit a ramp shot

Hmm good point - might be multiball only maybe then? When the building is lowered for bashing, if ramp shots just all hit/fall off the building roof surely that will be ripe for stuck balls and damage as you point out.

Perhaps "bash toy" was simply inaccurate...

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

That's nuts, there is another one on ebay right now for 15k + shipping, not sure why they bought this one for 17k. I have also come across ones not on ebay for 11.5 and 12.5, one would think people would do some research before dropping 17k.

Thar be whales nearby. Seriously. To some...2k is nothing. But that being said...shill bidding is a thing.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

But that being said...shill bidding is a thing.

Yep, I think it was a stalking horse style bid. The seller has another one up for sale and wanted a BS sale to set the value… I just can’t believe someone would over pay like that…but this world is certainly weird…

#1763 2 years ago

As long as there are people who support (buy at inflated pricing) this price gouging shenanigans it will continue and never end.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Hmm good point - might be multiball only maybe then? When the building is lowered for bashing, if ramp shots just all hit/fall off the building roof surely that will be ripe for stuck balls and damage as you point out.
Perhaps "bash toy" was simply inaccurate...

I believe the bash toy is actually the Mecha Godzilla with the magnet in it.

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

As long as there are people to support this price gouging shenanigans it will never end.

This happens with anything limited or collectible, especially lately. To be honest, who cares if some rich people can’t get an exclusive pinball machine. Get a premium or god forbid a pro and have fun playing it.

Or is that not what this is about anymore?

#1766 2 years ago

There is buy it now option ones for 15k, people are silly. There is also a make offer button on several of them, I offered 11k on a few of them and all my offers were immediately rejected to no surprise.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

This happens with anything limited or collectible, especially lately. To be honest, who cares if some rich people can’t get an exclusive pinball machine. Get a premium or god forbid a pro and have fun playing it.
Or is that not what this is about anymore?

I ordered my pin. I understand this happens. What are you getting at?

#1768 2 years ago

WOW 17k already!!! Shocker but what will they go for if they play better then Tron?

Could this be the JJP POTC Stern has been looking for?

The shiny cabinet is ta ta's in ones face!!!

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I believe the bash toy is actually the Mecha Godzilla with the magnet in it.

That may be it, but they do specifically refer to the building as a "bash toy" in the feature matrix: "Dynamic mechanical motorized collapsing skyscraper building bash toy diverts path of shots to intersecting ramps based on floor
position"

There also appear to be opto sensors right behind the standup targets at the building lane entrance, which aren't there on the Pro. Those obviously might be used for many other reasons, but that similar opto positioning would support bashing the wall, similar to the optos on MET and TWD in front of Sparky and the Prison respectively, among other Sterns with bash toys.

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

That may be it, but they do specific refer to the building as a "bash toy" in the feature matrix: "Dynamic mechanical motorized collapsing skyscraper building bash toy diverts path of shots to intersecting ramps based on floor
position"
There also appear to be opto sensors right behind the standup targets at the building lane entrance, which aren't there on the Pro. Might be for other reasons, but that similar opto positioning would support bashing the wall, similar to the optos on MET and TWD in front of Sparky and the Prison respectively, among
others with bash toys.

Interesting, I guess we'll have to see the gameplay footage to figure it all out! Only a couple hours to go!

#1771 2 years ago

I wonder how they will incorporate the action button, one of my favorite features on sterns games.

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder how they will incorporate the action button, one of my favorite features on sterns games. Maybe we can collapse the building after reaching a set amount of shots? Any other thoughts?

It is a heat ray

From the Podcast:

Nate: Everybody, I am really excited to play this game. If there's anything else
anybody wants to shout out about the game we should know about, I know one of
the things that have come up in the last few episodes is how many people there are
behind the scenes at the Stern and around Stern putting these games together. I
know there's a lot there. Really a big shout-out to the whole team but man, this looks
fantastic. I'm excited to get my hands on one. I have to ask the question that I've
forgotten a few times, but it's a mantra question. What is the lock bar? What's the
button on the lockdown bar do in this game?

Keith: Oh, that's it's called Heat-Ray. You charge it up through the center spinner to
activate it, and then you hold the button down and it acts like a super boom, it'll look
like everything. The caveat is the more often you use it, the longer you have to hold
the button down to activate it. The bit is pretty easy to use in the beginning, but then
if you keep using it to get further in the game becomes much harder to use.

Nate: Hands-off the flippers for longer. I love it. That's smart. That's really good.
Well, the game looks great. I'm thrilled. I can't wait. I want to see that building move
up and down and that bridge collapsed. It looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations to all
of you and thanks again for coming onto the podcast for everyone.

#1773 2 years ago

"it'll look like everything" What does that mean?

#1774 2 years ago

I listened to that clown Kenada. A few days ago he was pumping the game now he's picking it apart, saying it's nowhere near GNR LE (but is costing the same).

Obviously I don't know if it's great yet but to say it's nowhere near GNR LE is a bit ridiculous to me.

#1775 2 years ago

and?
true words man. own it.

Quoted from rai:

saying it's nowhere near GNR LE (but is costing the same).

When i receive my LE and set it up next to Gnr i will compare the Games to one another and post a video all about it.

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

It is a heat ray
From the Podcast:
Nate: Everybody, I am really excited to play this game. If there's anything else
the things that have come up in the last few episodes is how many people there are
know there's a lot there. Really a big shout-out to the whole team but man, this looks
fantastic. I'm excited to get my hands on one. I have to ask the question that I've
forgotten a few times, but it's a mantra question. What is the lock bar? What's the
Keith: Oh, that's it's called Heat-Ray. You charge it up through the center spinner to
activate it, and then you hold the button down and it acts like a super boom, it'll look
like everything. The caveat is the more often you use it, the longer you have to hold
the button down to activate it. The bit is pretty easy to use in the beginning, but then
Nate: Hands-off the flippers for longer. I love it. That's smart. That's really good.
Well, the game looks great. I'm thrilled. I can't wait. I want to see that building move
up and down and that bridge collapsed. It looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations to all

I like this, Keith is very good at developing rules and cohesive code structure. I read that he had been watching all the Godzilla movies so hope it'll have a lot of different movie scenes incorporated. I have not really watched any old Godzilla movies since I was a kid, but just picked up the Blu-Ray collection first 15 movies from Amazon.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I listened to that clown Kenada

Kaneda is the best. He pumped the theme. The designer and the artist. A trifecta of awesome. (Which is true). Now that it's been revealed. There a few things to note that are not "great". The number of LEDS, the ugly green statue, the color scheme is unexpected.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

"it'll look like everything" What does that mean?

My assumption is it was supposed to be "It'll look amazing". I pulled it from the transcript and copy pasted it as I remember they had mentioned it towards the end.

If I had to guess, whatever podcasting platform they use probably does some auto transcript of the recording and "it'll look like everything" is what the software picked up. One would think they would proofread the transcript before posting.

#1779 2 years ago

I feel like we're listening to two different people. Seemed like Kaneda was thrilled with the pin. Talking about what Stern puts into their games compared to the price of a JJP LE is a reasonable and fair comparison on the matrix. That said, Zilla has a lot more going on than GnR to me, even if less $$ is put into the BOM. Sure felt like Kaneda was still excited about it.
Since it's an Elwin, and we're sure it'll shoot well, the playfield is jam packed, what else is there to critique than the art, armor, and price?

Quoted from rai:

I listened to that clown Kenada. A few days ago he was pumping the game now he's picking it apart, saying it's nowhere near GNR LE (but is costing the same).
Obviously I don't know if it's great yet but to say it's nowhere near GNR LE is a bit ridiculous to me.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Keith very much underestimated the lengths I'm willing to go to in order to use a free jackpot button.

I will absolutely use my chin, or a knee, to keep that thing pressed down if needed. :p

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kaneda did the same exact thing with the GnR CE. He also owns a GnR CE and is also buying a Godzilla LE. In other words, he has skin in the game.

And once you begin to understand Kaneda you will learn this. He behaves exactly like Pinside in this regard. Pinside will hype a game, then tear it down and everything else in-between.

Add in rumors, speculation, drama, entertainment and he is so much like Pinside that I find it comical. Maybe that's why so many people hate him.

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Keith very much underestimated the lengths I'm willing to go to in order to use a free jackpot button.
I will absolutely use my chin, or a knee, to keep that thing pressed down if needed. :p

Lol.
Have you considered a beer gut? Simply lean forward and rest it on lockdown button.

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Kaneda is the best. He pumped the theme. The designer and the artist. A trifecta of awesome. (Which is true). Now that it's been revealed. There a few things to note that are not "great". The number of LEDS, the ugly green statue, the color scheme is unexpected.

Yeah I totally agree, he can be all over the place and flip flop his opinions but most other guys do the same. Podcasts like his are the best if you just want fast, direct pinball talk coming at you at a 100mph without 75% of the show being about covid, what the wife did, who was ranked 875 back in 93 etc. If you take what he says with a grain of salt and cross reference his info, there is nothing to be bitter at, its just entertainment and sometimes informative. Try listening to the triple drain podcast, the "Tom talks" segment is so painful I won't even bother with that one anymore. The guy sounds like he just dropped 10 kush hits and a 5th of booze. They think its hilarious but its literally the worst segment in pinball podcasting. Joel and Travis aren't too bad but Tom isn't interesting at all and it takes a minute for him to mumble anything out. Slam tilt is good, Loserkid is good, Final Round isn't bad and has some funny segments, Zachs pinball show is slow paced but pretty good and always informative. ALL of these podcasts give their opinions and predictions, some are accurate and some are not, so why not listen to the one that burns rubber and gets to all the topics fast and direct instead of an hour of slow paced garbage and then 30 min of weak pin talk. To each his own and everyone has their fav show but for me personally I dig the ones that are on topic as much as possible through out the show and Kaneda is definitely that. I want to hear about machines, good, bad, who cares, talk about the games, that's what I'm there for. People act like they buy a $10k game based on what a podcaster says about it, its just their opinion, take it for what its worth, an opinion

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah I totally agree, he can be all over the place and flip flop his opinions but most other guys do the same. Podcasts like his are the best if you just want fast, direct pinball talk coming at you a 100mph without 75% of the show being about covid, what the wife did, who is ranked 875 back in 93 etc. If you take what he says with a grain of salt and cross reference his info, there is nothing to be bitter at, its just entertainment and sometimes informative. Try listening to the triple drain podcast, the "Tom talks" segment is so painful I won't even bother with that one anymore. The guy sounds like he just dropped 10 kush hits and a 5th of booze. They think its hilarious but its literally the worst segment in pinball podcasting. Joel and Travis aren't too bad but Tom isn't interesting at all and it takes a minute for him to mumble anything out. Slam tilt is good, Loserkid is good, Final Round isn't bad and has some funny segments, Zachs pinball show is slow paced but pretty good and always informative. ALL of these podcasts give their opinions and predictions, some are accurate and some are not, so why not listen to the one that burns rubber and gets to all the topics fast and direct instead of an hour of slow paced garbage and then 30 min of weak pin talk. To each his own and everyone has their fav show but for me personally I dig the ones that are on topic as much as possible through out the show and Kaneda is definitely that. I want to hear about machines, good, bad, who cares, talk about the games, that's what I'm there for. People act like they buy a $10k game based on what a podcaster says about it, its just their opinion, take it for what its worth, an opinion

I couldn’t agree more. Kaneda and Loserkid. The rest of the ones I tried are way too…”we so funny, remember that time when…”. Triple drain is the worst. Get to the point guys. Less mindless banter.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I couldn’t agree more. Kaneda and Loserkid. The rest of the ones I tried are way too…”we so funny, remember that time when…”. Triple drain is the worst. Get to the point guys. Less mindless banter.

SPOT ON!!!!

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

This is awesome: Reflective foil cabinet art exclusive on Godzilla LE units!
Looks amazing in person, hard to photograph! (Reposted from @zombieyeti)

Quoted from rai:

I like that foil art. To me the foil art and the real backglass are what sets the LE above.

Quoted from gambit3113:

That is awesome.

Quoted from estrader:

Oh wow that is cool.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Did someone already post this and I missed it? Reflective foil cabinet decals for the LE.

This is a major upgrade on the LE only! If you've seen the foil cab art previously used on BM66 SLE (80 only) and EHoH SE (50 only) and Mustang LE, then you know just how cool a foil cabinet looks.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This is a major upgrade on the LE only! If you've seen the foil cab art previously used on BM66 SLE (80 only) and EHoH SE (50 only) and Mustang LE, then you know just how cool a foil cabinet looks.

I understand it's not the same as Spooky Butter cab or JJP Rad-Cals but I think this is a big add. I have Rad Cals on my RR Woz and it's so much nicer than a regular decal.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

There a few things to note that are not "great". The number of LEDS, the ugly green statue, the color scheme is unexpected.

3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah I totally agree, he can be all over the place and flip flop his opinions but most other guys do the same. Podcasts like his are the best if you just want fast, direct pinball talk coming at you at a 100mph without 75% of the show being about covid, what the wife did, who was ranked 875 back in 93 etc. If you take what he says with a grain of salt and cross reference his info, there is nothing to be bitter at, its just entertainment and sometimes informative. Try listening to the triple drain podcast, the "Tom talks" segment is so painful I won't even bother with that one anymore. The guy sounds like he just dropped 10 kush hits and a 5th of booze. They think its hilarious but its literally the worst segment in pinball podcasting. Joel and Travis aren't too bad but Tom isn't interesting at all and it takes a minute for him to mumble anything out. Slam tilt is good, Loserkid is good, Final Round isn't bad and has some funny segments, Zachs pinball show is slow paced but pretty good and always informative. ALL of these podcasts give their opinions and predictions, some are accurate and some are not, so why not listen to the one that burns rubber and gets to all the topics fast and direct instead of an hour of slow paced garbage and then 30 min of weak pin talk. To each his own and everyone has their fav show but for me personally I dig the ones that are on topic as much as possible through out the show and Kaneda is definitely that. I want to hear about machines, good, bad, who cares, talk about the games, that's what I'm there for. People act like they buy a $10k game based on what a podcaster says about it, its just their opinion, take it for what its worth, an opinion

[Removed]. Isn't that one of the rules around here? If you do not like a podcast, don't freaking listen to it. Or since you seem to know exactly what everyone must find entertaining, make your own and do better. Tom is one of the nicest, most generous, and knowledgeable people in the hobby, and I guarantee he could play circles around you, without being a jerk about it. There's a difference between offering a critique and making a personal attack. Learn the difference or keep it to yourself. [Removed]

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

WOW!!! $17,000 sold!
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

This guy said he had me on a list for an LE... Obviously he had other plans. I have purchased 3 expensive pins from him in the past, one just recently. Never again!

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

It is a heat ray
From the Podcast:

Hands off the flippers may be the intention. But my son has mastered hitting the lockdown bar button with his belly while flipping away. He is nearly 3yo, so pretty funny to watch.

#1792 2 years ago

By the way, not for nothing, but I've heard two podcasters in the past 48 hours refer to the Mothra egg shooter rod as a "Godzilla egg". *SIIIGH*

godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpggodzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Kaneda is the best.

Hi, Kaneda!

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Don’t forget Iron Maiden LE.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Lol.
Have you considered a beer gut? Simply lean forward and rest it on lockdown button.

There are so many jokes on what can be used to rest on the lockdown button. Trying to keep it clean here but you all are making this a challenge.

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I don't recall this on my LZ LE. Wil have to look!

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This guy said he had me on a list for an LE... Obviously he had other plans. I have purchased 3 expensive pins from him in the past, one just recently. Never again!

Ya, I got my first pin from him and it was damaged during their "white glove" setup. Since I had moved since to his credit he had offered me a discount on a future purchase, but since he began marking up most of his nib pins along with massive prices on anything classic, so whatever discount he would have given me it still would have been pricier than other options.

I actually looked to get a Godzilla LE from them, but it was being sold on their own website even for 15k day one, let alone this ebay amount. Basically a scalper.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And KISS

#1799 2 years ago

Can’t wait for the stream tomorrow. I’m really hoping that the music and call outs are nothing like the reveal video. The way the xillian thing was presented is scary. Nothing would make me happier than hearing blue oyster club as soon as you hit the start button.

#1800 2 years ago

I think Kiss LE was the first time they used foil….or was Mustang before Kiss?

Maybe Jurassic Park LE also from memory?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/36?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.