EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 40.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Off topic, but what’s the best pinball place up in the cities? I’ll be up for the weekend in a little over a week. I use the map, but interested in a locals take.

Tilt in Minneapolis, and it would be a crime to not head out and see LTG at SS Billiards in Hopkins.

One of my favorite spots used to be Blainbrook Bowl, but since I got rid of my car, I never make it out that way any more. So many classic games in one spot.

#1702 2 years ago

The only thing I can say about the awesome artwork is - I love Zombie Yeti's artwork. If you don't like it, you don't like it. You can express your opinion.

Just a reminder: Godzilla is an imaginary creation and creative people can re-imagine him(or her) anyway they want .

Can you imagine if there were forums back in previous decades?

"Why are you doing beautiful women AGAIN, Roy Parker?"

"Oh my God, stop with those sharp elbows, Christian Marche! You are stabbing my eyes!"

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Tilt in Minneapolis, and it would be a crime to not head out and see LTG at SS Billiards in Hopkins.
One of my favorite spots used to be Blainbrook Bowl, but since I got rid of my car, I never make it out that way any more. So many classic games in one spot.

Yaaaas, these two places are all I need - cheers!!

#1704 2 years ago

Is there a size scale for the Godzilla toy yet?

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I wish, so I could buy now before everything on eBay is 10x price or gone. Might bust out measuring tape and make guesstimate of pf to glass and get one. At worst, you lop off some feet.

Decided to do it lol before posting before my good idea goes to waste. Pf to glass in that area about 7-3/4.

Oddly, most eBay ads put height right in title, which is handy! Picked up a 1985 6” TOHO which looks exactly like what I had as a child, so awesome nostalgia.

Good luck! Godzilla action figure sellers aint gunna know what hit them!

333A0348-8D55-4B9C-81F7-BF036AD26E8E (resized).jpeg333A0348-8D55-4B9C-81F7-BF036AD26E8E (resized).jpeg
#1706 2 years ago

Picked up this one too from 1968, as it just might fit ZY design better; can’t go wrong now, and anything is better than what’s there

67D76AF5-C32B-4FFF-B267-BA4E7F6132BD (resized).jpeg67D76AF5-C32B-4FFF-B267-BA4E7F6132BD (resized).jpeg

#1707 2 years ago

I wish, so I could buy now before everything on eBay is 10x price or gone. Might bust out measuring tape and make guesstimate of pf to glass and get one. At worst, you lop off some feet.
Decided to do it lol before posting before my good idea goes to waste. Pf to glass in that area about 7-3/4.
Oddly, most eBay ads put height right in title, which is handy! Picked up a 1985 6” TOHO which looks exactly like what I had as a child, so awesome nostalgia.
Good luck! Godzilla action figure sellers aint gunna know what hit them! [quoted image]

I’d say that’s a good guess. Lol your totally right!! Seller will be like, “ What… the snap!”

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

owhhh, why you downvote me for replying and doing legwork to measure? Ultimately don’t care, but unexpected and thus curious.

#1709 2 years ago

There is a whole line of 6” Godzilla figures. The good stuff is Bandai. Also, there is a straight up Godzilla store in Japan that sells a ton of figures and everything you ever thought of Godzilla, but they do not even have an English translated website nor do they sell and ship to the US. You have to use either a shopping and shipping service, buy from someone on eBay, or join a Godzilla group on FB and get one of the guys that makes the Godzilla Store runs to buy and ship.

#1710 2 years ago

#1711 2 years ago

when is Jack Danger streaming??

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

when is Jack Danger streaming??

Fri 6PM CDT I believe

#1713 2 years ago

owhhh, why you downvote me for replying and doing legwork to measure? Ultimately don’t care, but unexpected and thus curious.

Totally an accident LOL fat thumbs…..thumbs up was my intention

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Looks like its being used as a bash toy more than to rattle around like normal pops. It has an insert pointing at it so it will be a required shot during modes and/or multiballs. It adds some chaos since it tosses the ball back on impact, and can be hit at and return balls at a variety of angles. Dont see the King Cesar lane being involved with it.

Yeh it'll act like a cool (tough) target/punishment like TNA (almost exact same location) and a little like RnM. Very cool feature and so much better than traditional pop nests. I'm glad Gary was out-voted on this one - maybe they had to cut him a deal like including him on the PF art to appease him.

#1715 2 years ago

This game looks to be the complete package. Yes artwork is subjective, but the 3 packages appear to be some of ZY’s best work to date. Love the bright colors and attention to detail on this epic machine. Think this will go down as the top game of all time, if people are honest in their reviews. Like George G. said, its been a long time since we’ve seen something like this. We know it will shoot well with Keith at the helm. What is there, at least a dozen shots and the typical game has around 7? Game of the year and even decade imo.

ZY for sure did research on GZ artwork of the past before he began the project, as any professional artist does. Movie Godzilla is near black, so in an art package, all detail would be lost. ZY did the smart thing, just as the artist in 1954 did on poster and comic artwork, they used color to pop and show detail. This artwork is a phenomenal package by the standards of any professional artist in the field. His research from the past 66 years of Godzilla is spot on in detail and is so impressive. If he had done anything different, it would not look so awesome. What a stellar job ZY, my hats off to you for such a professionally superb art package on all 3 machines! Congratulations!! (1954 Godzilla debut poster done by original artist for proof how spot on ZY artwork has been done.) (the watermelon, pickle and vegetable comments are unkind and shows people’s ignorance on truly stellar artwork.)
5DF56A9B-E323-48D9-A07D-C3E665A0602C (resized).jpeg5DF56A9B-E323-48D9-A07D-C3E665A0602C (resized).jpeg

#1716 2 years ago

i need an Overlay for the Watermelon Legs and Head .. !!

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

2K deposit with my distro for the LE

I pay cash on delivery. I pay a little extra but it includes delivery and setup.

Disto sets game up at shop and runs tests, plays it to determine any visual/mechanical/ or obvious issues
I like this because for a couple extra days and couple $$ I’m not dealing with any BS

This includes happy wife, happy life

Post up guys and happy for those who get this awesome theme

Go Go Godzilla

#1718 2 years ago

More excited for this game than any in recent memory.

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This game looks to be the complete package. Yes artwork is subjective, but the 3 packages appear to be some of ZY’s best work to date. Love the bright colors and attention to detail on this epic machine. Think this will go down as the top game of all time, if people are honest in their reviews. Like George G. said, its been a long time since we’ve seen something like this. We know it will shoot well with Keith at the helm. What is there, at least a dozen shots and the typical game has around 7? Game of the year and even decade imo.
ZY for sure did research on GZ artwork of the past before he began the work, as any professional artist does. GZ movie Godzilla is near black, so in an art package, all detail would be lost. ZY did the smart thing, just as the artist in 1954 did on poster and comic artwork, they used color to pop and show detail. This artwork is a phenomenal package by the standards of any artist in the field. His research from the past 66 years of Godzilla is spot on in detail and is so impressive. If he had done anything different, it would not look so impressive. What a stellar job ZY, my hats off to you for such a professionally superb art package on all 3 machines! Congratulations!! (1954 Godzilla debut poster done by original artist for proof how spot on ZY artwork has been done.) (the watermelon, pickle and vegetable comments are unkind and shows people’s ignorance on truly stellar art.)[quoted image]

Very nice write-up, and mostly agree. However, one can be kind and critical/honest/whatever. If this was the Godzilla on the pf, I'd be more than stoked, as it's the one I grew up with and the one I was expecting, not Watermelonzilla. But... ultimately it's whatever, a new version of the King and is more than fine. Great artwork, just not what's expected, and that just takes time. In due time, it may be THE Godzilla everyone references, at least in pinhead-land.

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I am too, but I'm seeing more nit picking than usual. Maybe price increase has ticked people off,,

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Me too it looks badass

#1722 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me too it looks badass

Ditto… I’ve ordered a Prem. Can’t wait!

#1723 2 years ago

Good luck! Godzilla action figure sellers aint gunna know what hit them! [quoted image]

I came across this one today at a movie theater (before I saw your post), it looked too big for the space available under glass. It was up on a shelf, but it looked like it is at least 9” tall but most likely a foot tall. I hope the is helps.

Those eyes! Thankfully ZY didn’t use those eyes for his inspiration.

ADC83096-FB9A-4ADA-BFD9-691BC79E388E (resized).jpegADC83096-FB9A-4ADA-BFD9-691BC79E388E (resized).jpegB3F32351-1FC3-4675-BE11-5A0265357F8C (resized).jpegB3F32351-1FC3-4675-BE11-5A0265357F8C (resized).jpeg
#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I came across this one today at a movie theater (before I saw your post), it looked too big for the space available under glass. It was up on a shelf, but it looked like it is at least 9” tall but most likely a foot tall. I hope the is helps.
Those eyes! Thankfully ZY didn’t use those eyes for his inspiration.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhh, but those are the eyes I grew up with, that was my action figure right there, albeit the 6.5" version I bought off ebay (same look as that one). It's all subjective, especially with 60+ iterations of Godzilla over time; ZY was doomed to make little happy. We'll all be happy when it's in our hands.

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That is awesome.

Oh wow that is cool.

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I am too, but I'm seeing more nit picking than usual. Maybe price increase has ticked people off,,

Outrage is the new black.

#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I don't like price increases like any other person, but has anybody paid attention to what the cost of groceries, gas, cars, or anything else has done? It has all gone up. Shipping containers have gone from $3K to $18K, and sometimes even more. Shipping period has gone through the roof, which adds to the bottom line to anything. I would love to buy this at the old price, but I realize the reality of the situation as my company has had to deal with all the same kind of price increases. I am only going to wait to have all the bugs fixed and flushed out, and I don't buy anything until I play it. That said, this game looks awesome and I love the theme. I see a premium in my future, just have to find a way to justify it to the wife.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I don't like price increases like any other person, but has anybody paid attention to what the cost of groceries, gas, cars, or anything else has done? It has all gone up. Shipping containers have gone from $3K to $18K, and sometimes even more. Shipping period has gone through the roof, which adds to the bottom line to anything. I would love to buy this at the old price, but I realize the reality of the situation as my company has had to deal with all the same kind of price increases. I am only going to wait to have all the bugs fixed and flushed out, and I don't buy anything until I play it. That said, this game looks awesome and I love the theme. I see a premium in my future, just have to find a way to justify it to the wife.

Agreed, I've been in business for my self for almost 40 years . I've never seen a decrease in price on non essential items, like pinball, boats, motorcycles, etc. Im not happy with price increase for sure, but choice is buy or not buy. I bought.

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Outrage is the new black.

Stating opinions, is outrage?

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Stating opinions, is outrage?

People forget what forums are... live with them long enough, and we forget that we're just a room full of people talking in various circles

#1731 2 years ago

PLEASE Show me the One of the 60 + that looks like the skin on this one ?
Hey on another note , I am getting an LE and the thing is i feel the price is justified being Tron pro's get 10k for what that game is .
So 10800 to the door is nothing

Ohhhh, but those are the eyes I grew up with, that was my action figure right there, albeit the 6.5" version I bought off ebay (same look as that one). It's all subjective, especially with 60+ iterations of Godzilla over time; ZY was doomed to make little happy. We'll all be happy when it's in our hands.

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

PLEASE Show me the One of the 60 + that looks like the skin on this one ?
Hey on another note , I am getting an LE and the thing is i feel the price is justified being Tron pro's get 10k for what that game is .
So 10800 to the door is nothing

No, no, no... that's what I'm saying. We've had 60+ different iterations of Godzilla, ZY is just another one and is fine, as they are all quite different, often-times.

And I agree, getting an LE myself, and stoked. I'll either grow used to Watermelonzilla or giggle at it every time, but to be honest, I so rarely look at pf art... I just like to play good pinball.

#1733 2 years ago

No, no, no... that's what I'm saying. We've had 60+ different iterations of Godzilla, ZY is just another one and is fine, as they are all quite different, often-times.
And I agree, getting an LE myself, and stoked. I'll either grow used to Watermelonzilla or giggle at it every time, but to be honest, I so rarely look at pf art... I just like to play good pinball.

Buy an airbrush kit at harbor freight and paint gz. Easy solution

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Buy an airbrush kit at harbor freight and paint gz. Easy solution

Ha, I couldn't paint a stick figure

And... I just really don't like the skull, if I'm honest; paint won't fix that but a $20 eBay piece of my favorite GZ iteration will

Edit: hold up, I thought we were talking the mold here, what you talking about? I aint airbrushing shit other than the mold, and I aint even airbrushing the mold. I got my talents in life, and airbrushing a pf/translite/cabinet is at the very bottom of that list.

#1735 2 years ago

Very nice write-up, and mostly agree. However, one can be kind and critical/honest/whatever. If this was the Godzilla on the pf, I'd be more than stoked, as it's the one I grew up with and the one I was expecting, not Watermelonzilla. But... ultimately it's whatever, a new version of the King and is more than fine. Great artwork, just not what's expected, and that just takes time. In due time, it may be THE Godzilla everyone references, at least in pinhead-land.

Thank you, but I think those Barney/vegetable/fruit comments are cheap shots, not people being critical and honest. There is a difference. Agree it does take time for some to warm up to one of the best art packages ever created for any pinball machine.

#1736 2 years ago

Maybe Brian Holderman or Dirty Donnie can do there style overlay for the area ,like how other people change the art on the flinstones or Angus face on AC/DC. Other than The melon look, Godzilla also looks not to Scale and more like one of those big fake Sumo Suited guys

61Prp5R37GL._AC_UX466_ (resized).jpg61Prp5R37GL._AC_UX466_ (resized).jpg

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thank you, but I think those vegetable/fruit comments are cheap shots, not people being critical and honest. There is a difference. Agree it does take time for some to warm up to one of the best art packages ever created for any pinball machine.

That's cool, we all got opinions, and you're on the more sensitive side which is more than fine. I put my money where my thoughts are, and bought an LE. Wise men say, comedy is the band-aide to all pain. I did not like what I saw when first unveiled, but comedy takes the sting out, and makes it approachable, and then forgivable and then desirable. Those are not cheap shots, those are honest takes dealing with pain; that Godzilla looks like a Watermelon... look at the pics below.

Do you Comedy-club?

077BEF79-81B7-44C5-9A31-91F23640FF09 (resized).jpeg077BEF79-81B7-44C5-9A31-91F23640FF09 (resized).jpeg40712CC0-041E-4F97-9A31-5CB721299521 (resized).jpeg40712CC0-041E-4F97-9A31-5CB721299521 (resized).jpeg
#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Maybe Brian Holderman or Dirty Donnie can do there style overlay for the area ,like how other people change the art on the flinstones or Angus face on AC/DC. Other than The melon look, Godzilla also looks not to Scale and more like one of those big fake Sumo Suited guys

[quoted image]

Ya, I noticed that too, but to be fair, there are many iterations in GZ past that have that same body proportion, so we can't knock that. All we can do is learn, broaden our horizon and appreciate a new art style that none of us were expecting, and embrace (and make jokes).

#1739 2 years ago

Not one of the 60+ has the odd proportions as this one.
Not one pic, not one poster or comic page.
I like your other reason as it is just a +1 to the 60+ going and will be like no other , it is yeti's version..
it may have been summer when he was watching these and was fondly favorable to eating watermelons and inspired him ,remembering eating all that summer watermelon and watching monster Movie sundays with Godzilla .

Ya, I noticed that too, but to be fair, there are many iterations in GZ past that have that same body proportion, so we can't knock that. All we can do is learn, broaden our horizon and appreciate a new art style that none of us were expecting, and embrace (and make jokes).

#1740 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I like your other reason as it is just a +1 to the 60+ going and will be like no other , it is yeti's version..
it may have been summer when he was watching these and was fondly favorable to eating watermelons and inspired him ,remembering eating all that summer watermelon and watching monster Movie sundays with Godzilla .

Ya, you're about right - this is the closest I could find, pretty close though, but not, but ya

Godzilla_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpgGodzilla_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpg

Edit: But ZY did say he does NOT like to recreate any previous design, but take inspiration, and make his own, so this is what we get. It'll grow on us

#1741 2 years ago

That's cool, we all got opinions, and you're on the more sensitive side which is more than fine. I put my money where my thoughts are, and bought an LE. Wise men say, comedy is the band-aide to all pain. I did not like what I saw when first unveiled, but comedy takes the sting out, and makes it approachable, and then forgivable and then desirable. Those are not cheap shots, those are honest takes dealing with pain; that Godzilla looks like a Watermelon... look at the pics below.
Do you Comedy-club?[quoted image][quoted image]

"Whoa, big juicy Kaiju melons!"

Thank you, try the King MechaGhidrah steaks, they are delicious. Still in for a premium, thank you, thank you very much. Will buy the machine even if Godzilla looked like cantaloupes.

#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

How about let it go man! Im not particularly thrilled with the cartoonish aspect, but overall the art does look pretty bad ass.

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How about let it go man! Im not particularly thrilled with the cartoonish aspect, but overall the art does look pretty bad ass.

TBF... what the hell do obsessed pinheads have to talk about, it's not like all that much really changes?? Surprised we have even one podcast, let alone all the ones we have today. We were a dying market 22 years ago, and here we are today, all excited for this pin. We all bought it (more or less) so ya, we'll sit here with our other half-dozen to three dozen pins, drink beer, play pins, shoot off messages between balls and make fun of Watermelonzilla. It's a forum, don't see the issue. Art is badass, agreed.

Edit: But ya, for all, be balanced in criticism, gotta give love too, and no, we don't need a new design/overlay - embrace the melon, you will love him, as will I (he's growing on me)

#1744 2 years ago

TBF... what the hell do obsessed pinheads have to talk about, it's not like all that much really changes?? Surprised we have even one podcast, let alone all the ones we have today. We were a dying market 22 years ago, and here we are today, all excited for this pin. We all bought it (more or less) so ya, we'll sit here with our other half-dozen to three dozen pins, drink beer, play pins, shoot off messages between balls and make fun of Watermelonzilla. It's a forum, don't see the issue. Art is badass, agreed.

Edit: But ya, be balanced in your criticism, you gotta give love too, and no, we don't need a new design/overlay - embrace the melon, you will love him, as will I (he's growing on me)

#1745 2 years ago

Edit: But ya, for all, be balanced in criticism, gotta give love too, and no, we don't need a new design/overlay - embrace the melon, you will love him, as will I (he's growing on me)

While I agree with ya, the guy I quoted seems obsessed lol

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While I agree with ya as well, all fair comments; his seeming obsession, your critique of it, my commentary, your reply - all of it, very good. If we all, as a species, can hold our emotions in check, we can all have opinions and share them! A touch of sensitivity, black humor, wit and fellowship for common man go a long way though, in making this all happen, and that's a reality check for us all. See way too many butt-hurt viduals on PS, worse than Reddit even; at least they maintain the wit and memes there.

Let's have fun, disagree with tact-wit and play some pinball!

#1747 2 years ago

I hope ZY hides a watermelon and a saguaro cactus in his next art package. Maybe like this:
DF3C2618-CCAF-4EA0-82B0-EC3FBF931D56 (resized).jpegDF3C2618-CCAF-4EA0-82B0-EC3FBF931D56 (resized).jpeg

#1748 2 years ago

At first sight Not impressed.

nothing looks original especially toy. MB reminds me Aerosmith, the bridge X-men and mechagodzilla Iron maiden.

Anyway, the layout is interesting as usual with Keith and now it is time to see how it plays.

Theme does nothing for me, not interested in buying this one and even less for 11.5k€ (13.5k$) the LE model

#1749 2 years ago

Strong words !
Lighten up Francis- The Big Toe
I call it the way it looks..
I supported the madness buy buying it , Should grant me an opinion and mine is not the only similar one.. Should ZY get a pass? No ! And to say he Nailed it?
Nice Middle finger Cactus . looks like ZY drew it too. Perhaps you can work for stern .
The way i see it it is just like Indiana jones in how the artist Drew Harrison Ford . Looks great right?
So it is ok to Critique but only if you like the words being said .. Lol

Quoted from Roostking:

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:nothing looks original especially toy. MB reminds me Aerosmith, the bridge X-men and mechagodzilla Iron maiden.

Eh…? Not one of those toys are remotely similar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/35?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.