EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 40.
#1651 2 years ago

It is a bit of a bug to me that now the new norm is buy or die. I mean starting with GnR CE I could have got one from JJP direct but was debating a few dozen minutes and it was gone.

Mando was gone seemed before they were even announced. Halloween and Ultraman didn’t show any gameplay until it was sold out mostly. Godzilla very very little gameplay on fists day and the LEs sell out in a few hours.

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I heard on The Pinball Show that all distributors no longer take deposits on LEs and that it's pay in advance now, that just makes it even more absurd.

Not true.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For real, pinside is a place for people to latch onto the ONE thing they hate and never let go. It’s tiresome. Maybe the art isn’t what ya’ll you imagined. But I don’t care about your imagination haha. Shit looks fine to me, if it weren’t so similar in style and graphic layout as TMNT and AIQ I’d probably think it was amazing. It’s good work, but it’s not new work. Also, he looks more like a cactus than a watermelon c’mon…you guys blind? Anyway, game looks cool as F and I’m buying one…so are you…so everyone shut it, I think we’ve heard enuff ZY slams for one day. The guy rules, be kind.

LOL, the cactus/watermelon comment! Glad I'm not the only one and you are totally right, those of us who can will be getting one and it definitely looks cool AF

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I heard on The Pinball Show that all distributors no longer take deposits on LEs and that it's pay in advance now, that just makes it even more absurd.

To clarify, I think The Pinball Show was actually saying that STERN is no longer taking $2K deposits from *distributors*, and they instead need full payment up front from the distributors. Whether distributors themselves require deposit vs. full payment from their *customers* is at their discretion.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

LOL, the cactus/watermelon comment! I'm not the only one and you are totally right, those of us who can will be getting one and it definitely looks cool AF

C’mon… man…

A235F207-06F6-4A83-BDF0-9BB88B7CD163 (resized).jpegA235F207-06F6-4A83-BDF0-9BB88B7CD163 (resized).jpegC79F5039-39C1-4179-9A22-DDB33B6382EE (resized).jpegC79F5039-39C1-4179-9A22-DDB33B6382EE (resized).jpegFFD5A817-68B9-421B-AFF3-CEA1AAD9C4F6 (resized).jpegFFD5A817-68B9-421B-AFF3-CEA1AAD9C4F6 (resized).jpeg
#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

C’mon… man… [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hahahaha, awesome

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

“It would have been better if they hired Matt Frank” zombieyeti Truth hurts huh? When they do Deadpool 2 you’re hired. Meanwhile, Gary can we fix this and replace Sasquatch Yeti?

Kinda harsh, aren't ya?

#1658 2 years ago

You may have missed my point entirely. ZYs Godzilla looks like…a Godzilla.

C’mon… man…
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"410b9373873407a6f2114c66b02429eec492a409-1631737738-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You may have missed my point entirely. ZYs Godzilla looks like…a Godzilla.

Ya but you may have missed my point, to be lighthearted, have fun and take on a joke. I said shit, 5/6 hours ago that we’ve had so many iterations over the past 60+ years, why not one more. So, lighten up and refuse to join the low-T Pinside bitchfest - you may nuke this response as long as you have fun doing it

#1660 2 years ago

C’mon… man… [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know, this cactus kind of looks like Godzilla.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

[quoted image]

Mind blown… nice find. We should have a contest to find the closest looking cactus and winner gets a custom topper

#1663 2 years ago

Whoever keeps changing my topic title please stop it already!! I changed it to hype thread once the game was revealed.

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Whoever keeps changing my topic title please stop it already!! I changed it to hype thread once the game was revealed.

Can we just rename to “Cactus vs. Watermelon: But it’s still a Godzilla” so everyone can be happy?

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

2K deposit with my distro for the LE

You slapped down 2k and saved a spot for an LE! You ARE the original slap save

#1666 2 years ago

Can we just rename to “Cactus vs. Watermelon: But it’s still a Godzilla” so everyone can be happy?

It’s definitely game hype!!

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s definitely game hype!!

Could be THE hype thread, but will they do it?

#1668 2 years ago

Could be THE hype thread, but will they do it?

Don’t believe the hype thread?

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I thought only you could ?

And even with a change. The URL doesn't change. so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made

LTG : )

#1671 2 years ago

I have a question if anyone wants to help out. I ordered an LE and I love the title but I am confused about the pop bumper? I am not a troll and want a serious answer if I am missing something here but I dont get it. I LOVE the rest of the maching and am looking foreward to it. It does not seem like it will bounce behind due to the metal guide. I just don't see much around it

#1672 2 years ago

Now, for the Topper. What do you think this will be like?

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

It will be ...like $2000.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The topper is being constructed at a top-secret STERN development facility in South East Asia. Here is a recently leaked photo:

CC5AA547-B07C-487A-B24E-A0B4E65A3D05 (resized).jpegCC5AA547-B07C-487A-B24E-A0B4E65A3D05 (resized).jpeg
#1675 2 years ago

Speaking of toppers, JP and AIQ both had a progressive backbox feature for a topper (ie a special mode that would start after some progress is made that carries from game to game). I wonder if Godzilla will too.

#1676 2 years ago

Would be fun if the topper was 3D Godzilla kind of like BKSOR topper.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Answered in another thread, will look like this action figure in a Watermelon for Godzillaception to come full circle. I can be arsed to PS a mock-up upon enough ego stroking requests

60DDE316-4505-4BEE-91AC-FA05CB0286B4 (resized).jpeg60DDE316-4505-4BEE-91AC-FA05CB0286B4 (resized).jpeg
#1678 2 years ago

Or have the topper as a consortium of Kaiju.

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

[quoted image]

Off topic, but what’s the best pinball place up in the cities? I’ll be up for the weekend in a little over a week. I use the map, but interested in a locals take.

#1680 2 years ago

Topper?? Got to be Heisei era Godzilla looking around with glowing eyes.

Godzilla-Shinjuku (resized).jpgGodzilla-Shinjuku (resized).jpg

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Topper?? Got to be Heisei era Godzilla looking around with glowing eyes.
[quoted image]

I’m ok with this, a little BKSOR follow up

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Bro, anyone can read katakana. And those are reversed. The only one thats not is GO ZI RA. both pinball and yeti are blatantly mirrored. Look at the accent marks on both "hi" and "ha." They're on the left. Doesnt that seem weird to you? Since you can read Japanese?
And on the right, it says yeti... also mirrored.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Now granted, this is nitpicking as probably none of these games are going to Japan, but it definitly is an oversight from an artist that doesnt speak the language incorporation it into his artwork.
What if they released this as a topper?
[quoted image]

These images are clearer, yes all reversed. Need magnifying glass on the tiny images earlier I suppose. Lol

Quoted from kerokero:

Please look again more closely. It’s definitely flipped, not written sideways.
Should normally appear like this:[quoted image]

These images are clearer than what I glanced at in your first post (shouldn’t have been looking at a tiny phone screen blurred image). Yes, all reversed.

#1683 2 years ago

Were in for the LE

No pics of topper? In elwin we trust. Just do it.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Would be fun if the topper was 3D Godzilla kind of like BKSOR topper.

Like, not available?

#1685 2 years ago

Off topic, but what’s the best pinball place up in the cities? I’ll be up for the weekend in a little over a week. I use the map, but interested in a locals take.

S and S billards Hopkins, Tilt in mpls.

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Like, not available?

They should just include the thing already. It completes the package. Its becomes just as LE as the LE.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Pretty sure this would look awesome on top of the pin (no matter how the pin looks).
But it makes Stern’s topper prices look like a bargain.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/165637

[quoted image]

In case you missed it the first time. Pro priced topper. Now you really can have a $20K pin (with this on top)!

B35E4DB9-2E38-4496-9C9E-B4B1A43EF2C6.jpegB35E4DB9-2E38-4496-9C9E-B4B1A43EF2C6.jpeg

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

In case you missed it the first time. Pro priced topper. Now you really can have a $20K pin (with this on top)!
[quoted image]

A little too big for a topper but WOW that's a nice piece of art!

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

They should just include the thing already. It completes the package. Its becomes just as LE as the LE.

Agreed. LE should come with the topper for the price.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I have a question if anyone wants to help out. I ordered an LE and I love the title but I am confused about the pop bumper? I am not a troll and want a serious answer if I am missing something here but I dont get it. I LOVE the rest of the maching and am looking foreward to it. It does not seem like it will bounce behind due to the metal guide. I just don't see much around it

Looks like its being used as a bash toy more than to rattle around like normal pops. It has an insert pointing at it so it will be a required shot during modes and/or multiballs. It adds some chaos since it tosses the ball back on impact, and can be hit at and return balls at a variety of angles. Dont see the King Cesar lane being involved with it.

#1693 2 years ago

Answered in another thread, will look like this action figure in a Watermelon for Godzillaception to come full circle. I can be arsed to PS a mock-up upon enough ego stroking requests[quoted image]

Did not see that ,

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

S and S billards Hopkins, Tilt in mpls.

Oh geez, that place looks perfect. All the JJP pins I've always wanted to play, plus a whole slew of classics... and LTG on the window in neon lmao - this his place?

#1695 2 years ago

Looks like Keith solved the pinball getting stuck in the pop bumper problem!!

#1696 2 years ago

Oh, another interesting tidbit from the Stern Insider podcast. I guess they completely redid the stepper motor assembly so there should be no issues like JP, and they are very confident in it and running routes.

#1697 2 years ago

Oh geez, that place looks perfect. All the JJP pins I've always wanted to play, plus a whole slew of classics... and LTG on the window in neon lmao - this his place?

Yep, that is Lloyd's place.

#1698 2 years ago

I like that foil art.

I know there are things that can be added like armor, shaker, invisible glass but to me the foil art and the real glass backglass are what sets the LE above. Plus the art is better to me.

#1699 2 years ago

Perhaps for the home brew, something printed/screened on a plastic and back lit. Old school appeal...

godzilla__king_of_the_monsters__retro_poster__by_kaijugroupie85_dcvazod-fullview (resized).jpggodzilla__king_of_the_monsters__retro_poster__by_kaijugroupie85_dcvazod-fullview (resized).jpg
#1700 2 years ago

LOL they changed the title again.

Damn these collections are as expensive as the pins. Ordered one.
ebay.com link: itm

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/34?hl=mark1971 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.