EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 40.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

English dubs are hot garbage. Watch with the original audio and english subtitles. It’s the only way to get the real deal viewing experience with any non English film.

I usually do, big fan of Kurosawa

I have not watched any Godzilla since I was a kid on old tube TVs so like to see these on a big TV setup. I realize it might not be high cinema but would be great for owning the pin to get the back story.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have not watched any Godzilla since I was a kid on old tube TVs so like to see these on a big TV setup. I realize it might not be high cinema but would be great for owning the pin to get the back story.

Hey Happy Birthday Man! I bought a AIQ Prem just before the price increase but Godzilla looks great and on my radar. Enjoy yours

#1503 2 years ago

The mods are going to be CRAZY!!!!!!!

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey Happy Birthday Man! I bought a AIQ Prem just before the price increase but Godzilla looks great on on my radar. Enjoy yours

Thanks!

I just got JP premium before the price increase great shooting and rules I'm banking on Keith and his team to deliver the goods.

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

A little bit of a letdown here. How do you have a Godzilla pin without a moving Godzilla? Even Mechagodzilla does something.

You have a pancaking 4 story building, a collapsing bridge, a ball catching Mecha Godzilla, and a rotating jump ramp instead.

#1506 2 years ago

This game looks awesome. Toy's and art look great. The layout and mechs look very original which almost seems like it would be an impossible feat with how long pinball has been around and how much room there is to work with within a machine. Really blown away with Keith Elwin's ability to make innovative games 4 games straight. Can't wait to flip it.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

A little bit of a letdown here. How do you have a Godzilla pin without a moving Godzilla? Even Mechagodzilla does something.

Easy! You buy what has been offered not real hard

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Maybe you're role playing as Godzilla.

#1509 2 years ago

You definitely play as Godzilla in the game.

#1510 2 years ago

Wow…I mean you ARE Godzilla. You are PLAYING the game. With all the mechs in this game I can’t believe that you complain about a toy not “moving” This premium is probably the most stacked Stern ever.

Quoted from Pin-Geo:

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some of the American versions are ok. For the original film I actually enjoy the American version better. I switch back and forth - depending on my mood.

There is a decent box set that has both, nicely packaged as well.

If you like the Godzilla and Kurosawa films, check out the other Toho films of the 60's, some great stuff there, especially anything directed by Honda. Watching The H Man right now.

#1512 2 years ago

With the price increases coming in machines shipping after January, is there any expectation that Premiums could possibly even be shipped before that increase hits? (they're after initial pros and LEs, yes?)

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Hey Rumy ol buddy. Good to see you in a Stern thread!

You need to calm down wet jim

#1514 2 years ago

I don't think it will be too long before someone makes a animated Godzilla replacement mod. Attention creative people in the pinball community. Lots of money has been left on the table. Come and get it.

24c8ec3c7068a61dc3b773f17027d192.gif24c8ec3c7068a61dc3b773f17027d192.gif
#1515 2 years ago

I’ve watched the trailer 22 times, something is wrong with me .Obviously will play great .I’m starting to love the art big time .It will be a nice contrast to original footage playing on the lcd .Going to watch baseball now to get my mind off it .When I wake up I must decide what pin is on it’s way out .Boo Hoo right ? Lmfao ! Cheers to ZY ,he fit a hell of a lot into this pin the PF is packed with cool ass art !

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I don't think it will be too long before someone makes a animated Godzilla replacement mod. Attention creative people in the pinball community. Lots of money has been left on the table. Come and get it.
[quoted image]

I have a really cool sock puppet so far…

BD8BC1A2-B01D-4E88-815D-3F9DC454D467.gifBD8BC1A2-B01D-4E88-815D-3F9DC454D467.gif
#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Amazon has this DVD boxset, they say there is no English dub version? I think I'm ok with subtitles but do you think it's missing the English dub is a big deal?
amazon.com link »

The Criterion Collection has 6 of the 15 films in the set available as dubbed:
Invasion of the Astro-Monster
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla

The rest are subtitled only.
That also means the first film is the original Gojira, not the American Godzilla with Raymond Burr.

All around a great set to own, and the only way to have Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and Son of Godzilla on disc outside of some decade old out of print versions.

#1518 2 years ago

Dangerous question, but how much would you be willing to pay over Stern MSRP for a LE. I have an guaranteed opportunity but there is a price hike...FOMO saying yes... But head saying no...

Please no, "just get it and flip it suggestions"

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

With the price increases coming in machines shipping after January, is there any expectation that Premiums could possibly even be shipped before that increase hits? (they're after initial pros and LEs, yes?)

Not sure where you got January from, but the pricing has already been announced for this game and it’s higher today.

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Dangerous question, but how much would you be willing to pay over Stern MSRP for an LE. I have an guaranteed opportunity but there is a price hike...FOMO saying yes... But head saying no...

Im in the same boat.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Dangerous question, but how much would you be willing to pay over Stern MSRP for an LE. I have an guaranteed opportunity but there is a price hike...FOMO saying yes... But head saying no...

Zero. My two cents. No guarantees in pinball.

#1522 2 years ago

Get a premium and put the $1000+ difference towards savings and a shaker motor .

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Dangerous question, but how much would you be willing to pay over Stern MSRP for a LE. I have an guaranteed opportunity but there is a price hike...FOMO saying yes... But head saying no...

I panicked and bought 2 LE’s to stay away from the delima of keeping or selling.

#1524 2 years ago

Smart man. One to flip, one to maybe keep!

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Get a premium and put the $1000+ difference towards savings and a shaker motor .

Same here. And I’ll actually get the powder coat color I want. The silver looks ok but a dark green or deep blue would looks awesome on this title.

No FOMO for me on the LE. Premium is literally the same game and I get everything want.

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPapaBear:

The Criterion Collection has 6 of the 15 films in the set available as dubbed:
Invasion of the Astro-Monster
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
The rest are subtitled only.
That also means the first film is the original Gojira, not the American Godzilla with Raymond Burr.
All around a great set to own, and the only way to have Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and Son of Godzilla on disc outside of some decade old out of print versions.

Awesome set. The English version of King Kong vs. Godzilla as well as Godzilla, King of the Monsters is on their too. Really happy Stern went with films from the Showa Era.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Amazon has this DVD boxset, they say there is no English dub version? I think I'm ok with subtitles but do you think it's missing the English dub is a big deal?
amazon.com link »

Go for the bluray set if you can, much better quality.

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

Also the films are in Japanese with English subtitles primarily, which is the best way to view in my opinion. The exception is the 3rd film in the set, King Kong vs Godzilla. It's an American intercut of a Japanese production, has English dubbed audio, and is terrible. The other films, especially the first and Mothra and Mechagodzilla are iconic drive-in fun.

#1528 2 years ago

I had zero interest in this game until today. I assumed it was the new Godzilla. As soon as I saw the trailer I moved my deposit from the December build of Star Wars Premium to Godzilla Premium. It may well be my second machine and my first NIB.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

We have paid a flipper $1.5K over to get a LE before.... twice now. Mainly because we want un fucked games for our collection and we missed the initial release.

That is why I always say Stern should make enough LEs to fill demand. Flipping for profit is no good for the hobby. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

#1530 2 years ago

Premium and LE look awesome and loaded. It's a shame that the recent huge price increase will prevent some people from buying one. These games were already insanely priced but now it's just silly.

#1531 2 years ago

Interesting to hear the perspectives from GODZILLA fans...and not pinball fans.

#1532 2 years ago

cool design features and art - look forward to a game play video

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

FYI, a great channel for Godzilla collectors. I just bought a limited edition Shin Godzilla figure from GForever (cohost) that cost more than a Stern topper.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It's kind of a dream come true. All the showa era kaiju are on there, its insane. Thank You Zombie Yeti!

My only gripe is that Godzilla sculpt, but that can be fixed!

#1536 2 years ago

I am a bit roughed up by the price, but that is just how pinball is going right now. You can't get a decent secondhand Medieval Madness or Hobbit for under $9000 the past 6 months.

So Stern sees this and doubles down with a beloved theme, loaded machine, and a matching $9000 price tag to meet demand. Not too mention that machine parts and labor are getting more expensive. Pinball is red hot right now for collectors, so keep your seat belts on.

#1537 2 years ago

GET HYPED!

hype (resized).JPGhype (resized).JPG

#1538 2 years ago

2 ramps on each model. This week in pinball has everything you need to know about each model. Rules, Play field features toys etc. Check it out.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

As one of both, I am very happy, thanks for asking

#1540 2 years ago

What is the significance of the 'Kinetic Satisfaction' sticker on the back of Elwin's phone at the beginning of the reveal video?

Kinetic SatisfactionKinetic Satisfaction

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

What is the significance of the 'Kinetic Satisfaction' sticker on the back of Elwin's phone at the beginning of the reveal video?

If you watch some of the making of videos of Keith Elwins pins it’s something he says a lot and wants in his games (stuff that feels good to hit/satisfying).

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

the game looks great especially if you like ramps, but whats the sound, animation and code like? I wasn't a fan of AIQ for this reason, even though the shots look great. I hope the code is more fun and the call outs or more like Maiden. Not sure how I feel about the Blue Oyster Cult song. The game comes off as campy from the video so having, "Godzilla" in the game seems like it would take you out of that.

Its supposed to be campy Its a man in a rubber suit wrestling another man in a rubber suit and crushing models.

#1543 2 years ago

interesting that it has the bally logo on the kinetic satisfaction on a stern video

#1544 2 years ago

Here’s my final first impressions take before gameplay & actually playing it (which is THEE most important)

It’s TOHO Godzilla - Good - Best Godzilla period
Keith Elwin - Good - If not best new designer top 3
Artwork - Bad - Sorry Zombie Yeti, this isn’t Deadpool but somehow you can’t adapt to other very specific themes. TOHO Godzilla isn’t bright green and comic book, that’s reserved for Sega Godzilla. Do better homework next time or Stern find a Japanese TOHO Godzilla artist
Mechs - Awesome - Collapsing building, Oh yeah. Bridge splits in half, give it to me. Mechagodzilla with a magnet, oh yeah and Baby Yoda is pist
Toys - Mixed - Mechagodzilla nailed it, even the rivets. Godzilla - Come On! This lime green Barney is just wayyyyyy off the mark. Come on! How did you F up the Star of the show?
Animations - Good - looks like both movie clips & custom animation. Yes and Yes
Gameplay/Rules - TBD - This will be the ultimate decision whether this pin is great or average.

No matter how this ends up though, and no matter how critical all our opinions are here on the crazy pinside forums, it’s a win in the end because we all get a new pinball machine - period! The fact we even can even still get to play pinball in 2021 during a pandemic is insane. So thanks Stern for still rolling these out even with our pointless criticism. We all appreciate what you do and glad you’re still making pins.

And that’s my 2 cents, worth half a penny

44EC874C-3056-499A-A996-47F6FEC7FCE9.gif44EC874C-3056-499A-A996-47F6FEC7FCE9.gif
#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

[quoted image]

Fun

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Stupid price
[quoted image]

Hmmm, let’s all remember Orange County Pinball’s attempt at price gouging when we make future purchases. $4,500.00 more than Stern’s MSRP???

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GET HYPED!
[quoted image]

Your point PFreak?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Premium and LE look awesome and loaded. It's a shame that the recent huge price increase will prevent some people from buying one. These games were already insanely priced but now it's just silly.

…and you’re the same guy not flinching paying the exorbitant pricing for any new JJP CE at $13,500.00? Still $3k beyond Stern’s insane $10,500???

#1547 2 years ago

Amazing machine, but not at any higher price than MSRP from Stern. Even don’t like Stern finally passing the $10k threshold. Only caveat is, there seems to be more in the game than usual. And the stellar artwork! ZY has surpassed himself and done some of his finest work!

#1548 2 years ago

I think Zombi Yeti's artwork style on the Godzilla pin isn't too different from the late 1970's comic versions (I have a few )!

Godzilla_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpgGodzilla_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpgGodzilla_Vol_1_11 (resized).jpgGodzilla_Vol_1_11 (resized).jpg
#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

What I'm curious about is why the Japanese text on the building signs are written in reverse on the Pro backglass. Did the artwork get flipped at some point without adjusting the signs, or was it intentional? (left sign "pinball" and right sign "yeti")[quoted image]

Saw other images more clearly and it is backward mirrored for sure.

Yes, the sign on the right says Yetti in Katakana, but is reversed.

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Speaking, writing fluent Japanese, this is sign is not reversed.

But not English apparently. joke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/31?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.