EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It’s said somewhere (the write up in Pinball Magazine maybe?) that the powder coat matched the Mecha Godzilla art package on the LE, and was silver metallic. It looks like the METLE silver, which is really cool.

I think the powder coat choice is perfect. Im just wondering what color to do the wireforms, if i do.

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It’s said somewhere (the write up in Pinball Magazine maybe?) that the powder coat matched the Mecha Godzilla art package on the LE, and was silver metallic. It looks like the METLE silver, which is really cool.

Will be interesting to see in person but I would rather have black powder coat.

#1453 2 years ago

I bet the art looks way better in person.

#1454 2 years ago

the game looks great especially if you like ramps, but whats the sound, animation and code like? I wasn't a fan of AIQ for this reason, even though the shots look great. I hope the code is more fun and the call outs or more like Maiden. Not sure how I feel about the Blue Oyster Cult song. The game comes off as campy from the video so having, "Godzilla" in the game seems like it would take you out of that.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I bet the art looks way better in person.

They all do

#1456 2 years ago

I thought this game looked great. After watching this video, I
Now think it looks amazing!!!!

#1457 2 years ago

Premium looks pretty sweet. I'm sure I'll get to play the pro on location. Hopefully there is a premium out in the wild locally.

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

the game looks great especially if you like ramps, but whats the sound, animation and code like? I wasn't a fan of AIQ for this reason, even though the shots look great. I hope the code is more fun and the call outs or more like Maiden. Not sure how I feel about the Blue Oyster Cult song. The game comes off as campy from the video so having, "Godzilla" in the game seems like it would take you out of that.

Are you kidding?

Did The golden earring song “take you out” of Twilight Zone?

It’s a natural fit, no matter the “mood” of the game!!!

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

I’ll help you out. My son has his big G figure still:[quoted image]

Yes, this may be the one I had as a child. Any Googleable details? Would it fit you think?

#1460 2 years ago

looks great (and I was prepared to pass)
but now I am locked-in for the LE
really was not excited about the theme however it looks like a home run... not the same old tired fan layout but something new and interesting...
AJB

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?
Did The golden earring song “take you out” of Twilight Zone?
It’s a natural fit, no matter the “mood” of the game!!!

Yeah. Totally agree. That's an unexpected plus from Stern. Didn't figure they would add in an additional licensor on this one, but nice touch.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Are you willing to pay “Banning Prices”

butler-featured (resized).jpgbutler-featured (resized).jpg

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Yes, this may be the one I had as a child. Any Googleable details? Would it fit you think?

That was the Bandai figure sold in the U.S. in 2009 I believe, at least that’s the date stamped on the foot. It’s 6” tall so too big to fit on a playfield, but there are plenty of other smaller figures that would probably work.

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I believe I read that you can opt out of that song in the setup.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Great catch. He clearly screwed this up.

Quoted from kerokero:
What I'm curious about is why the Japanese text on the building signs are written in reverse on the Pro backglass. Did the artwork get flipped at some point without adjusting the signs, or was it intentional? (left sign "pinball" and right sign "yeti")[quoted image]

Wonder how much that will increase the value up too.

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

That was the Bandai figure sold in the U.S. in 2009 I believe, at least that’s the date stamped on the foot. It’s 6” tall so too big to fit on a playfield, but there are plenty of other smaller figures that would probably work.

The figures from gachapon (capsule) vending machine collections would probably work. This one is about 2” tall, and...it’s green to match the artwork!

ebay.com link: BANDAI HG GODZILLA 6 GODZILLA 62 30 8 02 TOHO Tokusatsu Gashapon Mini Figure

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hmm underwhelming for me... not sure about the art and the call outs... (at least for the video). Getting AIQ vibes

And your negative view about anything Stern puts out is surprising to who in this community? Suggestion for JJP fanboy: stay out of a Stern hype thread. We all know in advance nothing Stern does is to your liking, even an amazing machine like Godzilla, JJP fanboys will find fault. Lol

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Zombie yeti is Uber talented but I haven’t really understood his direction for the last two games, total misses IMO.

Lol, give compliment then slam ZY in the same sentence. Yep, we really believe you think he’s really talented. Both the last 2 games are amazing art packages. (Trolls never rest do they?)

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

The art looks like it was executed by someone who has never seen a Godzilla film. The vibe is completely wrong. Spooky got the feel correct for Ultraman though.

Same with the key lime sculpture. Nowhere in the ballpark of TOHO Godzilla both color and shape. What is this? Barney’s cousin from Ireland?

6E6000C7-09F9-4D7E-871B-C2E06AE0BAF1 (resized).jpeg6E6000C7-09F9-4D7E-871B-C2E06AE0BAF1 (resized).jpeg6EB6873B-7D1B-43F4-AB5F-F41A9F7FE025 (resized).jpeg6EB6873B-7D1B-43F4-AB5F-F41A9F7FE025 (resized).jpeg
#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Same with the key lime sculpture. Nowhere in the ballpark of TOHO Godzilla both color and shape. What is this? Barney’s cousin from Ireland?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lior is going to make a killing on this game.

#1470 2 years ago

The game looks fun. Art is great. The Godzilla sculpture looks like fondant cake.

58FAE3A7-74E2-4999-9CF6-102C89E6ECC6 (resized).jpeg58FAE3A7-74E2-4999-9CF6-102C89E6ECC6 (resized).jpeg

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Lior is going to make a killing on this game.

That’s what I was thinking. Maybe Stern did this deliberately to support the secondary market & artists

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Suggestion for JJP fanboy: stay out of a Stern hype thread. We all know in advance nothing Stern does is to your liking, even an amazing machine like Godzilla, JJP fanboys will find fault. Lol

The guy has owned 7 Sterns over a couple of years. How does that make him a JJP fanboy exactly?

#1473 2 years ago

I'm a lifelong Godzilla fan who has lived in Japan. This was my dream theme. I'm number three on the waiting list. I hate the art. There I said it. It's not Japanese at all. No moving Godzilla mech? I'm probably going to pass.

Somehow I doubt you lived in Tokyo any longer than maybe a 2 week vacation, lol. Artwork is subjective and you’re entitled to hate, but it is 3 amazing art packages. My guess is you were always going to pass and came in here to rain on everyone else’s parade. Probably another JJP shill. You guys don’t give up do you? Troll another thread…

The art looks like it was executed by someone who has never seen a Godzilla film. The vibe is completely wrong. Spooky got the feel correct for Ultraman though.

More trolling and Stern bashing. You don’t stop do you???

(INTERESTING, ALL THE DOWN VOTING IS MOSTLY BEING DONE BY THE JJP FANCLUB. YOU CHEERLEADERS CAME OUT IN FORCE TODAY! LOOOOOOOL) KEEP IT UP GIRLS, ITS A BADGE OF HONOR COMING FROM YOU!

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The guy has owned 7 Sterns over a couple of years. How does that make him a JJP fanboy exactly?

His negative Stern comments are plentiful and he’s always on the JJP bandwagon, regardless of what he’s owned in the past, which I also doubt is true. Quite easy to list games and not really own them here on pinside.

#1475 2 years ago

I am having a SERIOUSLY difficult time deciding between pro and prem for my location. That jump shot to mechaGZ and the collapsing building are killing meeeee. Faaaahhhhkkkkkk.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am having a SERIOUSLY difficult time deciding between pro and prem for my location. That jump shot to mechaGZ and the collapsing building are killing meeeee. Faaaahhhhkkkkkk.

Go for premium, looks like the best choice

#1477 2 years ago

I’m a millenial so I approve of Reptar.

C9769915-21C0-4276-AECC-3A12DD333A07 (resized).jpegC9769915-21C0-4276-AECC-3A12DD333A07 (resized).jpeg
#1478 2 years ago

1000 Le's and still had several distros doing huge mark ups. Is this the largest number of Le's or were the more?

#1479 2 years ago

Largest number yet.

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

And your negative view about anything Stern puts out is surprising to who in this community? Suggestion for JJP fanboy: stay out of a Stern hype thread. We all know in advance nothing Stern does is to your liking, even an amazing machine like Godzilla, JJP fanboys will find fault. Lol

Lol, give compliment then slam ZY in the same sentence. Yep, we really believe you think he’s really talented. Both the last 2 games are amazing art packages.

Man really and you call me a fanboy!

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Rumy ol buddy. Good to see you in a Stern thread!

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You are a fanboy…but he’s like a cult leader. That or it’s Gary’s burner account.

#1483 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,

If anyone is still looking to buy a Godzilla LE.... I have 1 spot/allication open and for sale. I am selling this LE at MSRP, plus $300.00 for shipping, so $10,800.00 shipped to you. I will need payment all upfront to secure your spot/allication for this Godzilla LE.

-------UPDATE: This 1 allication place I had left is spoken for, so this machine is SOLD,-------

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
www.mipinballrefinery.com

Godzilla LE (resized).jpgGodzilla LE (resized).jpg

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Hey Everyone,
If anyone is still looking to buy a Godzilla LE.... I have 1 spot/allication open and for sale. I am selling this LE at MSRP, plus $300.00 for shipping, so $10,800.00 shipped to you. I will need payment all upfront to secure your spot/allication for this Godzilla LE.
Please PM me if you would like this machine and we can work out the details,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
[quoted image]

And... gone! Steve is a great guy if anyone is looking for the machine.

#1485 2 years ago

I'll enjoy this one out in the wild!

#1486 2 years ago

PM sent on game

#1487 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
If anyone is still looking to buy a Godzilla LE.... I have 1 spot/allication open and for sale.

591C0908-48BC-48A5-B6FF-01382DFF7F1A.gif591C0908-48BC-48A5-B6FF-01382DFF7F1A.gif
#1488 2 years ago

In for a premium. Still waiting on my GnR too dang it.

I recommend picking up the Criterion boxset, includes all the films 1954-1975 in one package with amazing bright complimentary art. Remastered on bluray with tons of special features. It goes on sale 50% during the Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble around the holidays.

bG4INWRMocURqMHZl7ZgyVgw1O47Tx_large (resized).jpgbG4INWRMocURqMHZl7ZgyVgw1O47Tx_large (resized).jpg
#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

I recommend picking up the Criterion boxset, includes all the films 1954-1975 in one package with amazing bright complimentary art. Remastered on bluray with tons of special features. It goes on sale 50% during the Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble around the holidays.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the DVD tip.

How long have you been waiting for GnR?

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Since last Oct. I can't believe it.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Art looks great, but I would’ve preferred something darker or maybe black/white.

I'm with you, the art looks great, but I have the original Godzilla and would have liked the art to be a little darker like it is, but hey it's Godzilla so I'm not complaining! Now bring on the mods!

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from JLebowski:

Since last Oct. I can't believe it.

Hopefully Godzilla shipments will be quicker!

#1493 2 years ago

Game looks freakin awesome. That building mech alone is going to be incredible - different ball paths on each level, a lock on top. Next level. Elwin still managing to bring out new ideas after 4 hits. And flow out the wazoo. Definitely lives up to the hype for now - probably exceeds it.

Im personally not a fan of the DIRECTION of the art on this theme - but thats just me. Not what was in MY head when I thought of TOHO Godzilla. But TOHO signed off on it so......

But the Yeti art itself is amazing as usual.

Can not wait to play it.

#1494 2 years ago

I’m excited to get my LE.
I really like most of what I’ve seen, including ZY’s art package.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Pro has been castrated this time so you don’t need the little green condom found in the far left corner of my LE.

#1495 2 years ago

I hope the rules/code is going to be as good as Maiden/JP and AIQ!!

#1496 2 years ago

I’m looking at the premium to go with my AIQ
People keep saying the building “collapses “?
Does it move up and down or does it actually collapse?
Thanks

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

[quoted image]

Amazon has this DVD boxset, they say there is no English dub version? I think I'm ok with subtitles but do you think it's missing the English dub is a big deal?

https://www.amazon.com/GODZILLA-SHOWA-ERA-1954-1975-Criterion-Collection/dp/B07VLJ9KB6/ref=sr_1_2

#1498 2 years ago

English dubs are hot garbage. Watch with the original audio and english subtitles. It’s the only way to get the real deal viewing experience with any non English film.

Quoted from rai:

Amazon has this DVD boxset, they say there is no English dub version? I think I'm ok with subtitles but do you think it's missing the English dub is a big deal?
amazon.com link »

#1499 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
Please PM me if you would like this machine and we can work out the details,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
[quoted image]

UPDATE; This Gozilla LE is spoken for... If something changes I will post on this thread.

Thanks everyone that sent PMs on it and I will be responding to everyone letting them know about this machine's status being sold.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#1500 2 years ago

How do you have a Godzilla pin without a moving Godzilla? Even Mechagodzilla does something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.