EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.
#1401 2 years ago

Stupid price

BD5B4452-F8FE-4D7F-ABDE-2D2B6A43E353 (resized).pngBD5B4452-F8FE-4D7F-ABDE-2D2B6A43E353 (resized).png
#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm really a tool.
I cant even concentrate on work today. I'm literally just moving from thread to thread to FB to the reveal video to TWIP and back to group chats with buddies about this pin. I hope they can ship quicker than they got Mando LE's out the door though.

Welcome to my life. ;P

#1403 2 years ago

Original Rays Famous Godzilla Hype Thread!

#1404 2 years ago

Zombie Yeti did a great job on Godzilla and Matt Frank did a great job on Ultraman but you can tell Matt Frank has a background in Kaiju art. They will complement each other nicely.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$6799 / $8999 / $10499

Well, it’s official. A stern now costs over 10k MSRP. I hope Stern doesn’t move the other games they have orders in already on upwards as well. There is a slew of Mando Prem orders that are on backlog.

I’m in for a pro on Godzilla. Anyone know what’s being taken out of the premium for the pro?

#1407 2 years ago

I wish they had done premiums in the LE powdercoat, or at least a silver/grey similar to the LE powdercoat. It completely captures the look and feel of the theme and honestly I think it complements the artwork much better. I’m being incredibly nit-picky today…really everything about this machine (including the artwork) is A+ from Stern.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m in for a pro on Godzilla. Anyone know what’s being taken out of the premium for the pro?

Everything good.
No moving building, bridge, moving mechgodzilla

If I wanted Godzilla, I’d pass on the Pro for sure.

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope Stern doesn’t move the other games they have orders in already on upwards as well. There is a slew of Mando Prem orders that are on backlog.

They are for anything that will be delivered next year and are accepting cancellations therefore.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm really a tool.
I cant even concentrate on work today. I'm literally just moving from thread to thread to FB to the reveal video to TWIP and back to group chats with buddies about this pin. I hope they can ship quicker than they got Mando LE's out the door though.

Yeah I don't think we are alone in this.

#1411 2 years ago

zombieyeti this art package is incredible. Totally fits the theme and I love it. Will fit right between my AIQ LE and my(soon to come hopefully) Iron Maiden Premium. I really want to see these Mechs in action. That bridge mech looks really cool.

Cant please everyone of course but I just love this whole package. Hoping my distrib finds me an LE.

#1412 2 years ago

and no physical ball locking (virtual only).

Quoted from jfh:

Everything good.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Zombie Yeti did a great job on Godzilla and Matt Frank did a great job on Ultraman but you can tell Matt Frank has a background in Kaiju art. That will complement each other nicely.

That explains a lot! Both are great, but you can certainly tell which one is which.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Everything good.

Woof! That’s a major bummer. Oh well, I’m already locked in on a pro. I’m sure I’ll be saying the pro plays faster and flows smoother (even though I’ll be jealous of the extra features deep down).

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it’s official. A stern now costs over 10k MSRP. I hope Stern doesn’t move the other games they have orders in already on upwards as well. There is a slew of Mando Prem orders that are on backlog.

All the cool shit except for the Newton magnet.

I’m sure it’ll still be a kickass game though.

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Woof! That’s a major bummer. Oh well, I’m already locked in on a pro. I’m sure I’ll be saying the pro plays faster and flows smoother (even though I’ll be jealous of the extra features deep down).

I’m usually ‘pro-pro’ but this might be one of those machines that’s giving up too much of the good stuff. The moving toys in the premium are pretty great.

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Keep going back and fourth on this one, order or not order, tis the question.

You have 3 years to decide that while it is in production.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

What is this insider thing supposed to do? I need to pay 200/year also just to activate the game?

$200 / year is low next to what golden tee changes $600-$800 /year per game + an cut of each online game + other fees.

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’m usually ‘pro-pro’ but this might be one of those machines that’s giving up too much of the good stuff. The moving toys in the premium are pretty great.

Yeah...I'm not sure they've stripped down a pro this badly since AC/DC....

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah...I'm not sure they've stripped down a pro this badly since AC/DC....

I don’t think the Pro is stripped down. Everyone wanted to see more in a Premium and that’s what they got.

#1421 2 years ago

Cripes. Elwin is on fire. Literally. Stop drop and roll dude.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don’t think the Pro is stripped down. Everyone wanted to see more in a Premium and that’s what they got.

I had the exact same thought. The Premium is loaded. The Pro looks like a Pro, albeit a nice one. In a vacuum, I'd say the Pro looks great.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I had the exact same thought. The Premium is loaded. The Pro looks like a Pro, albeit a nice one. In a vacuum, I'd say the Pro looks great.

Yep. I mean, watching the trailer I knew there was no chance the moving building or bridge was gonna be in the pro that stuff is premlum meat and potatoes. The game still looks like it’s gonna be great Elwin pros are all complete play experiences.

I’m comparison, the zep pro was FAR more “stripped down.”

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

All stuff you can pick and choose to add yourself later. Give me something exclusive that compels me to want to buy it like JJP did with the coma lock, topper & PF artwork

Oh hells no! So that buyers are forced to get an LE to get the full play experience?
F that!
What I merely wanted to illustrate is that there actually is great value for an LE over a Premium. Do the math and See that the upgrades you get are worth the price increase.
I’m not telling you that you should value all of those upgrades. If you don’t like them, don’t buy it.
I’m just pointing out that you get more stuff for the price, unlike the starwars LE that I bought years ago.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I definitely agree. Pro is definitely a sweet looking machine taken on its own. Doesn't stand out as stripped or missing anything. The premium just has even more added than usual, creating an even larger gap between the models. And unfortunately the price increase reflects that. There are what, four major differences whereas usually there is ~2 major changes at most (and a handful of minor ones).

#1426 2 years ago

Does the Magnet Rod Pulse/repel as well?

That hits a Ball a bit differently then in a playfield core, especially if its strong.

#1427 2 years ago

You guys are crazy. Gary even says in his letter to the distros that it's stripped down, lol.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Does the Magnet Rod Pulse/repel as well?
That hits a Ball a bit differently then in a playfield core, especially if its strong.

No such thing as repel. It can attract balls from either side or a straight on hit though.

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

major bummer. Oh well, I’m already locked in on a pro. I’m sure I’ll be saying the pro plays faster and flows smoother (even though I’ll be jealous of the extra features deep down).

Locked in? Nah.
Why not just wait and get what you really want?
Oh yeah, forgot this is a hype thread!

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Oh hells no! So that buyers are forced to get an LE to get the full play experience?
F that!
What I merely wanted to illustrate is that there actually is great value for an LE over a Premium. Do the math and See that the upgrades you get are worth the price increase.
I’m not telling you that you should value all of those upgrades. If you don’t like them, don’t buy it.
I’m just pointing out that you get more stuff for the price, unlike the starwars LE that I bought years ago.

Topper with added gameplay for the LE would suffice, for play difference over the Premium, especially that there's 1000 LEs now.

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok you got me some time these mini figures are very light on detail.. I guess my daughter lost GZ :-/

I’ll help you out. My son has his big G figure still:

3E35FA50-4889-4973-9C24-4F5887AB5095 (resized).jpeg3E35FA50-4889-4973-9C24-4F5887AB5095 (resized).jpeg
#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from T3quila:

They are for anything that will be delivered next year and are accepting cancellations therefore.

Did Stern officially state that today? If so, that's better than all games getting the increase immediately. Assuming Godzilla doesn't eat all the parts they can get their hands on, they should be able to crank out a decent number of other games too before the end of the year.

#1433 2 years ago

Alright, I've looked though the options again and I'm starting to think the Pro is pretty solid. The main toys are the lowering building and jump to magnet. The lowering building is cool, but I'm not sure it adds that much to the gameplay. It's basically a physical ball lock, right? The jump shot is also cool, but I'm not sure the rotating targets provide any extra fun. I'd rather shoot the spinner anyway. I think I might eventually try to track down the Pro and then just upgrade the 2D figures.

#1434 2 years ago

Thanks John, I understand that, I meant perhaps, "Make the Ball do stuff we havent seen"

Check out the Vid here at 7:47

The Ball will wrap around the Pole, and shoot up the orbit....
And there is a Newton Ball behind it too?

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I wish they had done premiums in the LE powdercoat, or at least a silver/grey similar to the LE powdercoat. It completely captures the look and feel of the theme and honestly I think it complements the artwork much better. I’m being incredibly nit-picky today…really everything about this machine (including the artwork) is A+ from Stern.

It seems to me this is the same powdercoating color used on Mando LE. I hope I'm wrong.

#1436 2 years ago

Looking for Godzilla LE and OK with above MSRP. Please PM me if you know of any located around the US

#1437 2 years ago

game looks great - in for an LE and looking forward to playing it.

#1438 2 years ago

Game looks awesome just scratching my head on choice of LE trim color.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Looking for Godzilla LE and OK with above MSRP. Please PM me if you know of any located around the US

Same but not the over MSRP part. Shocked all my connections are sold out so fast. Guess that's what you get for not buying a machine every year or having your nose up a distributors ass.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

For research purposes what are you willing to pay ?

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks John, I understand that, I meant perhaps, "Make the Ball do stuff we havent seen"
Check out the Vid here at 7:47

The Ball will wrap around the Pole, and shoot up the orbit....
And there is a Newton Ball behind it too?

Great video, really enjoyed it - thanks for the link!

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Am I the only one who's questioning the weird logos only present on the LE? (front, plaque, sides, backglass) zombieyeti do you have any background story here?

What I'm curious about is why the Japanese text on the building signs are written in reverse on the Pro backglass. Did the artwork get flipped at some point without adjusting the signs, or was it intentional? (left sign "pinball" and right sign "yeti")

GZ Pro back (resized).jpgGZ Pro back (resized).jpg
#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Stupid price
[quoted image]

Ouch!!!! Let the fun begin!!

#1444 2 years ago

Part of me wants to not like this when I eventually play it because all the stuff on the Premium is what got me excited watching the video.

But it genuinely looks like it will be fun.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you willing to pay “Banning Prices”

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

It seems to me this is the same powdercoating color used on Mando LE. I hope I'm wrong.

It looks like it has metallic flake in it. The Mando LE does not, but other than that looks very similar.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$35,489.17
Not a dime more

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Game looks awesome just scratching my head on choice of LE trim color.

Mechagodzilla color? Talked themselves into that one I guess.

#1449 2 years ago

It’s said somewhere (the write up in Pinball Magazine maybe?) that the powder coat matched the Mecha Godzilla art package on the LE, and was silver metallic. It looks like the METLE silver, which is really cool.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

What I'm curious about is why the Japanese text on the building signs are written in reverse on the Pro backglass. Did the artwork get flipped at some point without adjusting the signs, or was it intentional? (left sign "pinball" and right sign "yeti")[quoted image]

Great catch. He clearly screwed this up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/29?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.