EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 40.
#1301 2 years ago

I hate to pile on but....

Godzilla-Accessories-01_resized-2048x1367 (resized).jpgGodzilla-Accessories-01_resized-2048x1367 (resized).jpg

Oof, this shooter rod is just bad. I get that it's supposed to be Mothra's egg or something, but damn...it looks like someone stuck an Easter egg to my pinball machnine.

#1302 2 years ago

Art is subjective. Some people like Rembrandt, others Picasso one thing is entirely clear. ZombieYeti is an extremely talented artist and his work while colorful conveys, in my opinion, that this game is "FUN". Yes dark and foreboding works on some machines, but I think this pin will sell better with the fun colorful artwork and Godzilla as more of the hero than a machine with dark more realistic art and a more evil Godzilla.

Keith Elwin, ZombieYeti, and the entire design team did what appears to be an outstanding job on this machine. Special call out to Harrison Drake the lead mechanical engineer, the toys/mechs are cutting edge, nothing I've ever seen on a pinball machine before. I'm going to assume Rick Nagel did as good of a job on the code, which in the end makes everything tie together. Great job.

I admit Godzilla wasn't a top theme for me, but clearly the game appears to be outstanding. Congratulations to Stern for continuing to innovate and exceed expectations. Can't wait to get my game.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Just posted the Gary Stern mailing about Godzilla, which is different than the press release, on the Pinball Magazine website: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269

And we just killed your server. LOL.

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Thank you! Too kind! (I'm blushing)

Quoted from zombieyeti:

Awww thank you!!! I appreciate the support!

Don't do that. You are the most talented artist in pinball. Just take criticism gracefully. I also agree that the art package here is not what I'd have expected but it's it's own style and that's fine. GB, Maiden and TMNT are home runs.
AIQ and Godzilla just arent as good when being compared to other ZY work. They are still infinitely better than other Stern artists.
I would have also liked to see a BW version. Maybe down the road?

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Mando
Pro Model MSRP: $6,199
Premium Model MSRP: $7,799
Limited Edition Model MSRP: $9,199
Godzilla
Pro Model MSRP: $6,899
Premium Model MSRP: $8,999
Limited Edition Model MSRP: $10,499

OUCH!

Thanks for the info.

#1307 2 years ago

Not sure why specifically but it doesn't grab me visually on first impression. Clearly has some cool toys and I look forward to having a play on one at some stage... hopefully it has some killer shots. Someone commented it has a similar look to AIQ and TMNT which I kind of agree with, none of which are appealing to me personally artwork or colour wise. Hope those of you that were keen for the title love it though.

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Don't do that. You are the most talented artist in pinball. Just take criticism gracefully. I also agree that the art package here is not what I'd have expected but it's it's own style and that's fine. GB, Maiden and TMNT are home runs.
AIQ and Godzilla just arent as good when being compared to other ZY work. They are still infinitely better than other Stern artists.
I would have also liked to see a BW version. Maybe down the road?

I like absurdity - it's how I try to lighten things for myself and others I'd never tell you not to tell me what not to do. BUT I would make a comment so I can tell you I wouldn't

Also - I actually do care about how my work is received... I gotta feed my family you know - I don't do this for praise alone

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Just posted the Gary Stern mailing about Godzilla, which is different than the press release, on the Pinball Magazine website: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269

Thx!

What I get out of this:

1) Insider connected kit will be (only) 200$?!

2) Jack Danger stream Friday, September 17 at 6pm Chicago time

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is it me or should smoke and fire have come to pinball a long time ago?

You want smoke and fire? Buy something like a Williams System 7!

#1311 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

All I'll say is that I apologise to you and your wife. I care very greatly for any property i work on - and I knew going into this one that it would be broad and divisive to some.

zombieyeti
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I often admire your art while playing the two machines I have of yours. Will often take a few moments to admire the detail and try to figure out some of the thought process of applying art to pinball.

As someone who has spent a lot of time with a blank piece of paper and pencil, I know it can be difficult to put your art (yourself) on display to be judged. You will never be able to make everyone happy. Ever. Keep up the great work and know that there are plenty of us out there that think it's fantastic.

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx!
What I get out of this:

The most interesting thing was this:

"We have been saying for months that we could not hold prices indefinitely. We must raise Godzilla wholesale price $600 for Pro’s and $500 for Premium/LE. Because all the other LCD commercial games manufactured after we start Godzilla will contain the Insider Connected components, we must raise the wholesale price $200 for these games; that’s about the wholesale price of Insider Connected retrofit kits. (We will soon announce a 6 months discount price for the kits.) All commercial LCD games shipped after January 1, 2022 will increase to the Godzilla wholesale price. USA MDF and export discount will be $200 for all games; we are discontinuing the extra $75 export pro game discount. Similarly, after we start Godzilla, all The Pin games shipped will have a $300 wholesale price increase."

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

For all the mechs, the thing that makes me happiest is the single, TNA-style pop bumper. What's the last Stern they let out the door with only one pop? Stars?

Same. It's refreshing to have a pop that actually can put the ball in danger instead of making a bunch of noise then weakly dribbling out of somewhere up top.

#1314 2 years ago

“Arts awsome !”….”Fucking watermelon !” Lets get ready to rumble !

046EC7D0-DBA8-41E0-9035-ED23D5D299AB (resized).jpeg046EC7D0-DBA8-41E0-9035-ED23D5D299AB (resized).jpegD813D2F1-5AE0-4671-B4F0-9717FB53C9C4 (resized).jpegD813D2F1-5AE0-4671-B4F0-9717FB53C9C4 (resized).jpeg
#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Same. It's refreshing to have a pop that actually can put the ball in danger instead of making a bunch of noise then weakly dribbling out of somewhere up top.

All of Keith's game have had a shot through pop bumper areas, so this is an interesting change. It can sorta punish a bad shot to the scoop. It has some inserts around it that seem like you want to shoot it specifically at times.

I wonder if they make it pop harder during particular times or if it has something like the slam save from R&M

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

* Keith/Yeti knocked it out of the park once again. The best team-up at Stern IMO.
* Stern engineers really earned their paycheck on the premium design. Rising/Collapsing building, breakable bridge jump ramp, rotating mechagodzilla banks/spinner/magnet mech. Throw in diverting building ramps, unique magnet post, upper flipper cross-shot, cool physical ball locks..... looks like a winner. I mean how can you seriously look at the design & features on the premium & not be impressed? Especially when comparing this to something new like Led Zeppelin? Even the backboard has molded buildings! Harrison Drake.... you the man!

Well they did raise the price of the Premium by over 15% so maybe that's what it took to get the BOM increase?

#1317 2 years ago

A few better pictures and good article here.. Front of the LE cabinet looks beautiful
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269
2B7309DA-1D94-49AF-85A2-7A4C2DBC6E63 (resized).jpeg2B7309DA-1D94-49AF-85A2-7A4C2DBC6E63 (resized).jpeg63234DED-311D-49BC-88BB-CFBE273E23D0 (resized).png63234DED-311D-49BC-88BB-CFBE273E23D0 (resized).png

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

People didn’t have opinions 5 years ago?

yes they did, just wasn't a bunch of crybaby bitches like now.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I like absurdity - it's how I try to lighten things for myself and others I'd never tell you not to tell me what not to do. BUT I would make a comment so I can tell you I wouldn't
Also - I actually do care about how my work is received... I gotta feed my family you know - I don't do this for praise alone

Artwork looks incredible! Not a Godzilla fan , but good lord this pin looks phenomenal! Keep up the excellent artwork sir! Well done!

Please please please say you’re the artist for back to the future!

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Only ones I see bitching are those that can’t handle others not liking what they like.

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

* I find only 13 RGB LEDs to be REFRESHING. Enough of the clown-puke insert/GI RGB trend found in so many other new games. It's distracting & makes it hard to see the ball.

Massive up-vote. But I wonder. How long can Stern hold stand against the loud majority.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

A few better pictures here.. Front of the LE cabinet looks beautiful

Am I the only one who's questioning the weird logos only present on the LE? (front, plaque, sides, backglass) zombieyeti do you have any background story here?

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx!
What I get out of this:

You forgot:

3) All LCD games shipping after Jan 1, 2022 will be the same price as Godzilla.

#1324 2 years ago

Also if we're over the honeymoon period and are ready to make petty complaints, I am not a fan of the new apron design on the pro but love the premium/LE apron
TheInternetIsForComplainingAboutBullshit (resized).pngTheInternetIsForComplainingAboutBullshit (resized).png

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Don’t kid yourself. There has always been crybaby bitches.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also if we're over the honeymoon period are ready to make petty complaints, I am not a fan of the new apron design on the pro but love the premium/LE apron[quoted image]

Yea the pro apron looks like various companies took out ads on it.

#1327 2 years ago

That QR reader looks so shit for the home machine.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Only ones I see bitching are those that can’t handle others not liking what they like.

Didn't you know you are supposed to respond to any new release with:

"OMG. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!1 BEST GAME EVAH!!!!!1 ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS A STUPID WHINEY BITCH!!!!!1

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I hate to pile on but....
[quoted image]
Oof, this shooter rod is just bad. I get that it's supposed to be Mothra's egg or something, but damn...it looks like someone stuck an Easter egg to my pinball machnine.

Its doing a great job of turning $10 into $200

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Its doing a great job of turning $10 into $200

*$1

#1331 2 years ago

Looking for an LE...does anyone know of a distro with one? (Longshot I know)

#1332 2 years ago

I love the art. The layout and toys look amazing. It is an Elwin game so the rules should be great. Lukewarm on theme for me, but given everything else I would be putting in a Premium order for sure. Price increases leave me out though. With exchange, before tax and shipping I would be looking at ~11500 CDN, would be in the high 12k all said and done. For a Premium....

If my Mando Prem price gets hit (if I ever get it, waiting for 5 months now), I'll have to bail on that too.

Went from at least 2 NIB a year from Stern to 1 a year, now maybe down to 1 every 2 years and then if only if a dream theme pops up that hits the right spot. Hope more big pockets keep coming into the hobby to keep the money train rolling.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I love the art. The layout and toys look amazing. It is an Elwin game so the rules should be great. Lukewarm on theme for me, but given everything else I would be putting in a Premium order for sure. Price increases leave me out though. With exchange, before tax and shipping I would be looking at ~11500 CDN, would be in the high 12k all said and done. For a Premium....
If my Mando Prem price gets hit (if I ever get it, waiting for 5 months now), I'll have to bail on that too.
Went from at least 2 NIB a year from Stern to 1 a year, now maybe down to 1 every 2 years and then if only if a dream theme pops up that hits the right spot. Hope more big pockets keep coming into the hobby to keep the money train rolling.

I would cancel the Mando and change it to Godzilla - 100% looks like the better game

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The most interesting thing was this:
"We must raise Godzilla wholesale price $600 for Pro’s and $500 for Premium/LE."

Do I read this correct? Or am I having a senior moment?
Raise wholesale prices by 600 for Pro, 500 for Prem and 500 for LE.
Raise MSRP prices by 700 for Pro, 1200 for Prem and 1300 for LE.

#1335 2 years ago

Keith Elwin and ZY are really killing it lately, it does look amazing. Obviously a lot of time and effort has been put into this game and it shows.

#1336 2 years ago

Overall I think this is a great looking machine. Elwin just seems to get so much more done on his pins. That being said I am basically in the used Pro market. Been hoping for that dream theme with a decent Pro for me to take the plunge and go NIB. This Pro is way to stripped down compared to the Premium and I am just not in the Premium market.

#1337 2 years ago

and BOC "Godzilla" included!

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Do I read this correct? Or am I having a senior moment?
Raise wholesale prices by 600 for Pro, 500 for Prem and 500 for LE.
Raise MSRP prices by 700 for Pro, 1200 for Prem and 1300 for LE.

Distributor, could mean lower Premium street price then expected.

I thought this was amusing, "We have had to raise wholesale prices on existing game orders in the past. We will accept you cancelling orders, should you so desire"

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:Looking for an LE...does anyone know of a distro with one? (Longshot I know)

Try Shane at Maine Home Recreation...he sold me one a few hours ago.

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would cancel the Mando and change it to Godzilla - 100% looks like the better game

Agreed.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Leaning more towards just cancelling the Mando and buying nothing at this point. Keeping it in my pocket for a dream theme. Or a car. Or a month long vacation somewhere warm this winter.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Try Shane at Maine Home Recreation...he sold me one a few hours ago.

He is out.

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Art package looks killer to me. I really like the allies "stack" and the blue Xilien section breaks things up nicely to keep it from looking too busy. Mothra between the flippers is particularly menacing. Also can't really decide which cabinet I like best, which is okay because I'm out of cash, lol. Looking forward to putting this next to my Ultraman someday.

#1344 2 years ago

Do pro owners get the reader thing for their price increase?
Seems a lot missing this time otherwise.

#1345 2 years ago

BOC "Godzilla" included!

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Mando
Pro Model MSRP: $6,199
Premium Model MSRP: $7,799
Limited Edition Model MSRP: $9,199
Godzilla
Pro Model MSRP: $6,899
Premium Model MSRP: $8,999
Limited Edition Model MSRP: $10,499

If this is legit, and a Premium now is $8600 to your door, the Premium price today eclipses TWD LE MSRP price from 2014.

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from RCIV:

BOC "Godzilla" included!

Is there an echo in here??

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Do pro owners get the reader thing for their price increase?
Seems a lot missing this time otherwise.

I think all new machines will have it, even the older Spike 2's produced after they start rolling out Godzilla regardless of trim level.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Love everything but the green color on Godzilla. He's always charcoal colored in the actual films. The green reminds me of the cartoon, or of the movie posters. Which were really more of an Americanization of Godzilla. ZY still did a stellar job, and mad props to him.
I guess I'm such a die-hard Goji fan that I wanted him to be his charcoal-self. But that's okay, I'm still excited for the pin. Also, funny how much the art reminds me of the Ultraman pin. I think they'd go well side-by-side.
Showa-era example
[quoted image]
Hesei-era example
[quoted image]

Yeah they missed this pretty bad

878FD94A-6987-4F8F-9C33-34162D4BE4CD (resized).jpeg878FD94A-6987-4F8F-9C33-34162D4BE4CD (resized).jpeg
#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If this is legit, and a Premium now is $8600 to your door, the Premium price today eclipses TWD LE MSRP price from 2014.

Well, this is pure speculation but if wholesale only increased $500 then the street price of a Premium may only be around $8200. It's still a lot of guess work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/27?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.