EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 40.
#1201 2 years ago

Even the Smog Monster got his ugly mug on the game. Kick ass.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This is something that bothers me. Too many colors...reminiscent of AIQ. Add in the art blades and it is just a lot going on.

toomany (resized).jpgtoomany (resized).jpg
#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, if I ever saw you like anything and not carpet poop everything, I'd pay this some mind and really be introspective and think about what I am bringing to the table. However...

I own 4 games, two elwins and a zombie yeti. Both bolted to the floor. But yea, I don’t like anything.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude this is not healthy. Your art is high quality and the game will sell out. Not everyone will like something as subjective as art.

Pinside: why doesnt anybody from Stern ever post here?

Also pinside: Hey it’s totally unhealthy for someone from Stern to post here and respond to criticism!!!!!! Someone do a wellness check!!!

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But I don't think his style matches Godzilla.

Guess who does think so: Toho. It wouldn't be there if it didn't get approved.

#1206 2 years ago

I like having games with bright colors on them. As long as there's plenty of animations from the original movies on the screen, everything will balance out fine.

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also pinside: Hey it’s totally unhealthy for someone from Stern to post here and respond to criticism!!!!!! Someone do a wellness check!!!

Sarcastically quoting every customer who doesn’t love the art not really a response. It’s something mirco would do.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol.

Dude in the next cubicle: Man, this art blows!

Artist: Hey, thanks for the support!

Dude in the next cubicle: Hey man, you shouldn't be here watching me taking my giant dumps on your life's work. it isn't what I want!

#1209 2 years ago

I understand the criticism for the art but I think its misplaced. I'd be much more disappointed if it was black and white. I love the colorful poppy artwork. Imo its a killer art package. I want my godzilla game to look campy and fun, not serious and gritty.

#1210 2 years ago

I dont mind the bright colors, it's just Godzilla himself looks off to me. The game looks fun though

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea god forbid anyone has a different opinion than yours. We should all blindly like all games equally. This is a forum after all, no room for opinions or discussion here. Can I set up direct deposit with stern so they just automatically withdraw cash for every game?

Agreed; and any artist should know that their creation may speak to some, and not others. Just because it's pinball doesn't mean we should all fall head over heels on every art package.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sarcastically quoting every customer who doesn’t love the art not really a response. It’s something mirco would do.

Look at your own posts on here the last two year, Mr. Ray of Sunshine. You seem like a miserable human.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Most people don't actually want drab/dull for their pinball machine. Remember the hobbit playfield fiasco? Originally it was movie accurate with the colors and everybody whined until they changed it to be brighter.
Especially on location you want it to pop. I think the art looks great on these.

Drab/dull is not what anyone in here is asking for though.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s totally unhealthy!!!

I’m worried about him.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

My biggest initial knee jerk criticism…is that I wish the artwork had a much narrower color palette. I was hoping the LE would be black and white like munsters

I do as well - but most of the characters were in color films. I am getting used to the art the more I look at it, just don't care for the rainbow color palete used. Just stick with a few core colors and built it up around them.

However, that's nit picking. The fact that the game has a very low pop in it is exciting as hell.

#1216 2 years ago

Too bad the PRO has virtual locks and not physical locks. There's not much to the PRO at least it could have retained physical locks.
Game looks great though and looking forward to playing it next month at EXPO.

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:Look at your own posts on here the last two year, Mr. Ray of Sunshine. You seem like a miserable human.

Have you seen the world the last two years? I am most certainly miserable.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I understand the criticism for the art but I think its misplaced. I'd be much more disappointed if it was black and white. I love the colorful poppy artwork. Imo its a killer art package. I want my godzilla game to look campy and fun, not serious and gritty.

100% agree. Game looks amazing. Like the artwork and BLUE OYSTER CULT!!

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Look at your own posts on here the last two year, Mr. Ray of Sunshine. You seem like a miserable human.

This. Isn't this the guy that was preemptively telling everyone not to buy Godzilla on like Friday? But he's objective with his subjectivity, damnit!

#1220 2 years ago

The best thing about the price increase is now, even if you miss out on an LE, you can pay what used to be the LE price for a Premium! Good feels for everyone.

#1221 2 years ago

I am looking forward to this game. It looks like a lot of fun. I do like the LE package.

#1222 2 years ago

It looks pretty cool. Excited to play one.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This. Isn't this the guy that was preemptively telling everyone not to buy Godzilla on like Friday? But he's objective with his subjectivity, damnit!

Have I said you shouldn’t buy the game?

#1224 2 years ago

Has anyone saw a game matrix grid yet?

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone saw a game matrix grid yet?

It's on Stern's site.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you seen the world the last two years? I am most certainly miserable.

I see lizards of green
Busy art too
Predictable BOC
And a non moving Godzilla too

And I think to myself…what a miserable world

I see defensive zombie
And a price increase
No smoke or fire
Or a topper on the LE

And I think to myself
What a miserable world

#1228 2 years ago

Does Godzilla move or interact with the pinball?

#1229 2 years ago
R-2822482-1302611128.jpeg (resized).jpgR-2822482-1302611128.jpeg (resized).jpg
#1230 2 years ago
A68C1807-C3C1-4705-8E54-DD2B01D0B086 (resized).jpegA68C1807-C3C1-4705-8E54-DD2B01D0B086 (resized).jpeg
#1231 2 years ago

On the positive side

It sounds like there is a great amount of content and and music options for this game. Love the blue oyster song being in there

#1232 2 years ago

I'm officially out. My wife, who is an even bigger Godzilla fan than I am, made the same comment about it looking like it came out of the Marvel universe. I hope the rest of you enjoy it.

#1233 2 years ago

Game looks amazing, I'm down for a premium, art looks great.

#1234 2 years ago

Seems street prices are not far off from MSRP? Anyone else seeing/hearing this? Use to be 500-750 lower on street prices from msrp pricing .

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

I'm officially out. My wife, who is an even bigger Godzilla fan than I am, made the same comment about it looking like it came out of the Marvel universe. I hope the rest of you enjoy it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1236 2 years ago

I just have two questions.

1. Why is Godzilla green?
2. Where does the Godzilla logo on the LE stem from? (pro/premium is 1956 OG)

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does Godzilla move or interact with the pinball?

This is not happening. This is not happening!!!!

#1238 2 years ago

For all the mechs, the thing that makes me happiest is the single, TNA-style pop bumper. What's the last Stern they let out the door with only one pop? Stars?

#1239 2 years ago

Another very cool layout from K.E. 4 for 4. This one will probably be my fave because the authentic old-school Godzilla vibe.

#1240 2 years ago

I CAN'T STOMACH THIS BLASPHEMOUS ART PACKAGE. HELP ME!

#1241 2 years ago

To be fair, the Toho color Godzilla in the 70s were all about restraint, with muted colors and a focus on existential dread...

Godzilla-Vs-Gigan-image-1024x730 (resized).jpgGodzilla-Vs-Gigan-image-1024x730 (resized).jpggodzilla-vs-megalon (resized).jpggodzilla-vs-megalon (resized).jpggodzillamechagodzillatitanosaurus_3 (resized).jpggodzillamechagodzillatitanosaurus_3 (resized).jpg
#1242 2 years ago

Thank god does that mean you'll stop posting you hate the art every other comment?

#1243 2 years ago

You guys have literally lost your minds.

We've actually gotten to a point where people are whining and crying over art that's "not what you wanted?" You're not happy with a sinking building?

Jesus. This game looks insane. It's beautiful. It's f***ing pinball. Get over it.

One thing for sure, the collectors and players of 2021 aren't what they were even 5 years ago.

#1244 2 years ago

Complaining about the price increase is one thing... but, the art? Hahaha really? Man, bunch of savages around here!

Perhaps something like this would be more to your liking, it's dark, moody, and photoshop-realistic.

kjdsfkj (resized).jpgkjdsfkj (resized).jpg
#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys have literally lost your minds.
We've actually gotten to a point where people are whining and crying over art that's "not what you wanted?" You're not happy with a sinking building?
Jesus. This game looks insane. It's beautiful. It's f***ing pinball. Get over it.
One thing for sure, the collectors and players of 2021 aren't what they were even 5 years ago.

People didn’t have opinions 5 years ago?

#1246 2 years ago

Godzilla was before my time but man this pinball machine looks like it has it all. Congrats to everyone that was waiting for Stern to nail this IP.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see lizards of green
Busy art too
Predictable BOC
And a non moving Godzilla too
And I think to myself…what a miserable world
I see defensive zombie
And a price increase
No smoke or fire
Or a topper on the LE
And I think to myself
What a miserable world

I'm not being defensive - just masochistic by entering in here.

My pitch was I do actually spend more time per capita on my work than anyone (rimshot)... BUT - Defensive would be me explaining my choices (which I will...) - or defending them. Keith and team made an amazing game that will be a classic regardless of me (love or hate)!

#1248 2 years ago

Topper pics leaked

41a98ab0b55d96c9eb47397c0f60e84c (resized).jpg41a98ab0b55d96c9eb47397c0f60e84c (resized).jpg

Quoted from nicoy3k:

People didn’t have opinions 5 years ago?

Nope. It was fucking awesome

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is not happening. This is not happening!!!!

Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated!

#1250 2 years ago

I had absolutely zero interest in this title but this game looks outstanding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/25?hl=hmannn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.