EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 40.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

$6900 Pro. Wow. I wonder what the street price will be?

I’m guessing $6200-6400.

In other words, still the cheapest real pinball machine available and still the best value by far for pinball hobbyists and operators.

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, this has always been the case for LE's with maybe the exception of Tron

Star Trek LE.

#1153 2 years ago

So cool!

Godzilla-LE-Playfield-scaled (resized).jpgGodzilla-LE-Playfield-scaled (resized).jpg
#1154 2 years ago

I may get used to the rest but, what did they do to the Godzilla Logo and the Callouts sound horrible!?

*heavy breathing*

Edit: Ok, it's switchable to japanese...

#1155 2 years ago

Looks fun. I'd for sure go with the Premium.

#1156 2 years ago

Game looks great, but at this point Stern LE models are a joke - at least give me a topper

LE MODEL
Production limited to 1,000 machines
Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern
Individually Autographed by designer Keith Elwin
Sequentially numbered plate
Limited Edition Mechagodzilla inspired mirrored backglass with stunning and distinctive high definition hand-drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti
Limited Edition exclusive full color high definition reflective foil decal cabinet hand-drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti
Limited Edition exclusive inside art blades hand-drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti
Upgraded speaker system with 3-channel amplifier
Anti-reflection playfield glass
Shaker motor installed
Custom high gloss Mechagodzilla inspired powder-coated and clear-coated armor, legs, hinges and front molding

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Keep going back and fourth on this one, order or not order, tis the question.

At 9k, definitely not for me.

#1158 2 years ago

shortened trough?

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Keep going back and fourth on this one, order or not order, tis the question.

They will be making them for years, no hurry

#1160 2 years ago

What’s this reflective shizzle?!

Limited Edition exclusive full color high definition reflective foil decal cabinet hand-drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Game looks great, but at this point Stern LE models are a joke - at least give me a topper

Why?

People will pay extra for a topper. Also, not everybody wants a topper.

I’m glad my Zep LE doesn’t have that chintzy, noisy contraption on top.

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

[quoted image]

Powder coated everything but the door...that's amusing to me

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Zombie yeti is Uber talented but I haven’t really understood his direction for the last two games, total misses IMO.

Ghostbusters was his best work. The art on that game is sublime and fits the theme perfectly.

#1164 2 years ago

LE's have always been for people with money to burn.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m guessing $6200-6400.
In other words, still the cheapest real pinball machine available and still the best value by far for pinball hobbyists and operators.

Me thinks you may have forgotten about Hot Wheels: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1299-maine-home-recreation/04692-hot-wheels-pinball-by-american-pinball-classic

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why?

Because the price and features are ridiculous for what you get.

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why?

Because they are not really providing a compelling reason at all to buy an LE like JJP did with GNR
You got to lure me in with something special, besides Gary's signature, different artwork and powder coated rails

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty much all I care about:
“ The game also includes the iconic title song “Godzilla” by Blue Oyster Cult”

NOOOOOOOOOOO

#1169 2 years ago

Because they are not really providing a compelling reason at all to buy an LE like JJP did with GNR
You got to lure me in with something special, besides Gary's signature, different artwork and powder coated rails

Upgraded speakers, artblades, armour, invisiglass, mirrored back glass, shaker motor.
What do you think the value is for those items? I think they definitely exceed the price difference.

#1170 2 years ago

I just want to say.. Congratulations Stern on this title. It is truly a work of art.

Now to get some of my other games sold.

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

LE's have always been for people with money to burn.

Everyone in this hobby has money to burn!

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Upgraded speakers, artblades, armour, invisiglass, mirrored back glass, shaker motor.
What do you think the value is for those items? I think they definitely exceed the price difference.

The art blades and shaker are the only ones I care about there and can be added to a premium for $200. Either way, pricing on these has gotten ridiculous. I'm out on NIB.

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

The art looks like it was executed by someone who has never seen a Godzilla film. The vibe is completely wrong. Spooky got the feel correct for Ultraman though.

Thank you! Too kind! (I'm blushing)

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Zombie yeti is Uber talented but I haven’t really understood his direction for the last two games, total misses IMO.

Awww thank you!!! I appreciate the support!

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Speakers - 300
Invisiglass - 500
Art Blades - 200
Powder trim - 150 (This is a stretch by a bit, but it can be done. It's not like Stern is doing any fancy double/triple shot powders)
Shaker - 150
Backglass - 350

So....IMO, 1650. Question is, is the backglass and THOSE SPECIFIC blades and cabinet art worth it, and saving the hassle of installing it yourself. Everything else could be done later. Not that it matters, because good luck getting one.

#1176 2 years ago

So does Godzilla breath fire during the game? At these prices, he should.

#1177 2 years ago

I am officially priced out of ever getting a NIB game. I’m glad I a very happy with my collection I have built in the last 20 years.

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I don't think anyone is knocking the artwork itself because your work is always amazing. Art is subjective and personally I would have preferred something darker and more along the lines of the campy old school movies. Doesn't mean your artwork sucks and it's just the direction you and Stern decided to go with this title. I prefer your art over anyone else's and just cause it's not the look I was hoping for doesn't mean it sucks. I was actually hoping they would have done a black and white version but maybe they will save that for the vault premium.

#1179 2 years ago

My biggest initial knee jerk criticism…is that I wish the artwork had a much narrower color palette. I was hoping the LE would be black and white like munsters

#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

The premium art package looks better. The LE trim looks terrible.

LE trim is all Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla themed. Mecha Godzilla is all over it, and is right there on the PF catching balls. The silver is the same silver metallic that they used on METLE, which is super nice in person. It seems to go perfect to me. *shrug*

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

My biggest initial knee jerk criticism…is that I wish the artwork had a much narrower color palette. I was hoping the LE would be black and white like munsters

This is something that bothers me. Too many colors...reminiscent of AIQ. Add in the art blades and it is just a lot going on.

#1182 2 years ago

Zombie killed it. Again. Good lord the bitching and moaning crowd is exhausting.

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So does Godzilla breath fire during the game? At these prices, he should.

Is it me or should smoke and fire have come to pinball a long time ago?

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Speakers - 300
Invisiglass - 500
Art Blades - 200
Powder trim - 150 (This is a stretch by a bit, but it can be done. It's not like Stern is doing any fancy double/triple shot powders)
Shaker - 150
Backglass - 350
So....IMO, 1650. Question is, is the backglass and THOSE SPECIFIC blades and cabinet art worth it, and saving the hassle of installing it yourself. Everything else could be done later. Not that it matters, because good luck getting one.

Invisiglass is $250 and the speakers are $20 with $30 rings to go to 5.25. I have no idea where you are buying Invisiglass for $500.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm not kidding Zombie. My home in Japan literally has Godzilla artwork in the bathroom. This pin looks as if Godzilla was part of the Marvel universe.

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Zombie killed it. Again. Good lord the bitching and moaning crowd is exhausting.

Is there a more thankless task than making pinball machines for these miserable bastards?!

This game hits all the FOMO-inducing pheromones. Even I’m bummed I’m not gonna score an LE.

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yea god forbid anyone has a different opinion than yours. We should all blindly like all games equally. This is a forum after all, no room for opinions or discussion here. Can I set up direct deposit with stern so they just automatically withdraw cash for every game?

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I wouldn't take it too personal brother, your art is miles ahead of the rest. But I agree with most on here, art package should have been darker for the theme.

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Invisiglass is $250 and the speakers are $20 with $30 rings to go to 5.25. I have no idea where you are buying Invisiglass for $500.

I haven't bought Invisiglass or speakers in 7 years. Does that answer your question? So you're saying it's even less of a value proposition. Good to know. Thanks.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there a more thankless task than making pinball machines for these miserable bastards?!

No. No there is not.

#1191 2 years ago

I think this looks like a great game. I think all three art packages look great, and the shot layout and mechs look like it should be a lot of fun to play!

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea god forbid anyone has a different opinion than yours. We should all blindly like all games equally. This is a forum after all, no room for opinions or discussion here. Can I set up direct deposit with stern so they just automatically withdraw cash for everyone game?

Exactly!!!

Stern is giving us all what we say we want. So there’s really little room for dissent when a reveal is this shockingly amazing.

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea god forbid anyone has a different opinion than yours. We should all blindly like all games equally. This is a forum after all, no room for opinions or discussion here.

Shhhh here comes the stern army to defend.

I just wish zombie did the JP art!

#1194 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea god forbid anyone has a different opinion than yours. We should all blindly like all games equally. This is a forum after all, no room for opinions or discussion here. Can I set up direct deposit with stern so they just automatically withdraw cash for every game?

Man, if I ever saw you like anything and not carpet poop everything, I'd pay this some mind and really be introspective and think about what I am bringing to the table. However...

#1195 2 years ago

Most people don't actually want drab/dull for their pinball machine. Remember the hobbit playfield fiasco? Originally it was movie accurate with the colors and everybody whined until they changed it to be brighter.

Especially on location you want it to pop. I think the art looks great on these.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Dude this is not healthy. Your art is high quality and the game will sell out. Not everyone will like something as subjective as art.

#1197 2 years ago

Foil cabinet art, armor package upgraded sound system ect

Quoted from Frax:

So what's on the LE then? Powder trim and mirrored backglass and....that's it? lol.

Quoted from TheGunnett:

Art blades, shaker, invisaglass

#1198 2 years ago

I love that magnet post sticking up out of the Plainfield. What a great and simple modification to the standard magnets that we're used to.

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is it me or should smoke and fire have come to pinball a long time ago?

I've seen both come out of a game before - never as designed and never a good thing though.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would respectively disagree. The art is a weak point on this game. I think if it was released 5 years ago, maybe I'd say he killed it. But the bar continues to be raised in regards to artwork across all new games.

I think my issue with Stern is using one artist for the majority of their games. I do believe ZY is super talented and a good choice for an artist if you only had one to work with as his work is very dynamic. But I don't think his style matches Godzilla.

That is not bitching or moaning...just an opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/24?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.