EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 40.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

i just got a chubby.

HA! Stern take notes on my topper idea.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I have to laugh at that movie! King Kong was what, about 40 ft tall? And Godzilla is supposed to be 300 ft tall?
King Kong wouldn't even come up to Godzilla's knee!

Actually in Skull Island he is 100 feet tall and in the original Godzilla vs King Kong they were close in height. So King Kong will come up to his waist actually lol. Forgot about the height disparity. But he is still growing;p

44FEF686-E6BB-4011-BE40-617EBA61E3B7 (resized).jpeg44FEF686-E6BB-4011-BE40-617EBA61E3B7 (resized).jpeg
#53 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Actually in Skull Island he is 100 feet tall and in the original Godzilla vs King Kong they were close in height. So King Kong will come up to his waist actually lol. Forgot about the height disparity. But he is still growing;p[quoted image]

What KK movie was in 1995?

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What KK movie was in 1995?

2005?

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Also, does that IFPA state champion award have the state name misspelled? Okalhoma?

Good catch - Yokalhoma, ftfy

#56 3 years ago

Actually in Skull Island he is 100 feet tall and in the original Godzilla vs King Kong they were close in height. So King Kong will come up to his waist actually lol. Forgot about the height disparity. But he is still growing;p[quoted image]

Shin Godzilla (2016) 385 feet (Final form):
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#57 3 years ago

Shin Godzilla (2016) 385 feet.

Was talking about the comparison with KK and Godzilla in the new upcoming movie and the original movie. It will either be based on Toho or the new movies I believe. Toho Godzilla movies are classics and have a huge fan base from old timers like me and younger people.

#58 3 years ago

Was talking about the comparison with KK and Godzilla in the new upcoming movie and the original movie.

If you're going to compare the newest version of Kong to Godzilla, why not use the newest version of Godzilla (American version you used was out in 2014, Shin Godzilla 2016).

#59 3 years ago

If you're going to compare the newest version of Kong to Godzilla, why not use the newest version of Godzilla (American version you used was out in 2014, Shin Godzilla 2016).

Because, the American version is the one that is going to be fighting Kong. Also, Godzilla:King of the Monsters came out in 2018. And Shin Godzilla is a fairly significant departure from previous versions of Godzilla.

#60 3 years ago

GKotM stillused the 2014 design. And Shin Godzilla is a departure? Have you seen the three horrid U.S. versions?

#61 3 years ago

Haruo Nakajima.....the man was a legend in Japan for wearing the suit in all of the old movies

320E3BEB-45D5-44B1-B46D-EE2C88FDF768 (resized).png320E3BEB-45D5-44B1-B46D-EE2C88FDF768 (resized).png
#62 3 years ago

Just like Led Zep, you know Stern is going to mess it up somehow....

54f541468b33e81ab35c274b7c7a6d12 (resized).jpg54f541468b33e81ab35c274b7c7a6d12 (resized).jpg
#63 3 years ago

Godzuki Midnight Madness mode.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like Led Zep, you know Stern is going to mess it up somehow....[quoted image]

If it’s Elwin on Godzilla, then I’m pretty sure his track record speaks for itself.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If it’s Elwin on Godzilla, then I’m pretty sure his track record speaks for itself.

Exactly!

#66 3 years ago

GKotM stillused the 2014 design. And Shin Godzilla is a departure? Have you seen the three horrid U.S. versions?

Watching Shin Godzilla now.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I have one of those already. It's called JP.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have one of those already. It's called JP.

Godzilla is king of all monsters and hopefully will be of pins

Would love a wide body Godzilla!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It needs an air-blaster to blast hot air at your crotch when you complete the mode and get the giant roar
Stern, don't skimp on this!!

Skimping is top priority.

#70 3 years ago

Would love a wide body Godzilla!

I'll give you my ex-girlfriend's phone number.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

HA! I am good but appreciate the offer :p
Wife wouldn’t be happy either.

#72 3 years ago

Watching Shin Godzilla now.

Loved that one. Finally got to see one in the theater, no crap English dub!

#73 3 years ago

Godzilla is a Gomez designed pin.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Uff...OUT

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

From what I’ve heard, Gomez is in a senior management type role. So I wouldn’t expect any more game designs from him.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

From what I’ve heard, Gomez is in a senior management type role. So I wouldn’t expect any more game designs from him.

Thats what we thought before he redesigned Batman...and then again when he redesigned Avengers1/deadpool

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats what we thought before he redesigned Batman...and then again when he redesigned Avengers1/deadpool

Those both seem like special circumstances, but you could be right. Batman 66 was a rework of his own design and Deadpool was picking up the slack from he who shall not be named.

I’m all for another Gomez game though

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I claim the title of state champion of Culorado.

Quoted from WGPE:

Oiho State Champ here.

Quoted from pinball2020:

I am from Cafliornia.

Quoted from Charliew65:

Third Place in New Maxico.

You're all too late! Kaneda did it first, and he's the champ of . . . Kaneda.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like Led Zep, you know Stern is going to mess it up somehow....[quoted image]

I am sure they will screw up on the voices as well.

C'mon Stern, you're losing customers!

#81 3 years ago

It's not Godzilla. Lol

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Those both seem like special circumstances...

Yeah he has a way of coming up with them

#83 3 years ago

Know your ATOMIC BREATH...

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Know your ATOMIC BREATH...

I love these types of videos, thanks.

#85 3 years ago

Texsas state champ checking in

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Loved that one. Finally got to see one in the theater, no crap English dub!

It’s kinda a slow movie but Godzilla looks badass and the effects are pretty damn good. The Blu-ray comes with Japanese or English versions. Going to watch Godzilla 1984 tomorrow and maybe Godzilla vs Destoroyah after.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Obtaining the Godzilla license was nothing more than Stern shitting in Charlie's sandbox.

Please explain?

#88 3 years ago

Finally a theme I might be able to buy. It would be great if it was based on the bad yet great 70's stuff from Japan.

#89 3 years ago

Godzilla 1984 (or 1985 english release) probably all time favorite version of the big guy

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Godzilla 1984 (or 1985 english release) probably all time favorite version of the big guy

That would work quite well.

#91 3 years ago

Since there's a lot of Godzilla love going on here, I will just post this for those who are unaware...

https://www.amazon.com/GODZILLA-SHOWA-ERA-1954-1975-Criterion-Collection/dp/B07VLJ9KB6

The Criterion Collection of Toho Godzilla films. All 15 classics. Japanese & English tracks. Released last year. You don't get any better than a Criterion release when it comes to Blu-ray. It would be nice if this was a 4K release, but for these films it really doesn't matter.

Now all they need to do is release another collection with the underrated rebooted Heisei/Millenium Era (1984-2004), which are great in their own right & had much better special effects.

I really enjoyed Shin Godzilla (even got to see it in theaters for it's very brief US release), and as far as I understand thanks to it's success, Toho studios plans on creating a new shared Godzilla universe, with new films based on different classic Kaiju & begin releasing in 2021. I'll take Japanese releases over big-budget Hollywood interpretations anyday.

Toho Godzilla pinball would be a home run for Elwin & Stern IMO.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Watching Godzilla 1984 later tonight.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Now all they need to do is release another collection with the underrated rebooted Heisei/Millenium Era (1984-2004), which are great in their own right & had much better special effects.

Yeah, but they had some stupid shit in there as well. Making Ghidra a good guy? C'mon!

The WW2 one was a little disturbing as well.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah, but they had some stupid shit in there as well. Making Ghidra a good guy? C'mon!

But that movie is SO good otherwise. Apparently, the director was forced by the studio to put in King Ghidora and Mothra in it, they didn't want a movie with only Anguirus, Baragon, and Varan. (Studio meddling happens in Japan as well!)

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

But that movie is SO good otherwise. Apparently, the director was forced by the studio to put in King Ghidora and Mothra in it, they didn't want a movie with only Anguirus, Baragon, and Varan. (Studio meddling happens in Japan as well!)

Studio meddling usually never goes well.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

It was one of the better ones in that series, you're right. But Ghirdra should always be the bad ass m-f#$ker.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There is an old Midwest saying....choose your hog, don't let your hog choose you.

ROFL

#98 3 years ago

Yeah, when I watched "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" and they said Godzilla was powered by the souls of all those killed in the Pacific War (American? Maybe some Japanese in there? Souls of gulls? Fish souls? Norwegian sub dudes?) I went with it and the movie was an interesting interpretation on the character. Not as goofy as "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)" where the Futurians go back in time and release three Dorats near Bikini Atoll who mutate into one creature - King Ghidorah. The batch of films during GM and KG:GMAOA were director's interpretations of the series.

Godzilla: Final Wars was a nice update to "Destroy All Monsters" and the Godzilla verse answer to mutants satisfied my goofy gene for trying to cash in on X-Men movies for it's time.

I liked Shin Godzilla for it's approach on showing some detailed responses for dealing with giant reptile mutating through one's country.

I liked the last batch of American movies with King Kong and Godzilla and looking forward to the last of the American licensed Godzilla movies for awhile.

Overall, I am in for Godzilla movies and am interested to see if this is coming up in 2021 and if so, would love to play it. I hope it has movie clips from all the series in it (I can hope, right?). Stern? Any chance? Have a Happy, Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year everyone.

Cue Godzilla march and end in roarrrrrr.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

There is an old Midwest saying....choose your hog, don't let your hog choose you.
ROFL

Also a saying fat chicks are like mopeds, they are both fun to ride but you don’t want to be seen on one.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Finally a theme I might be able to buy. It would be great if it was based on the bad yet great 70's stuff from Japan.

You picked the right clip. No Godzilla pin would be complete without an appearance by King Caesar!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.