EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 40.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I'm generally not on the Borg fan-wagon, but for Godzilla I am happy with it. I honestly just think a Godzilla game needs some sort of bash toy. Buildings, monsters, whatever, we need some bashing. Borg allows for a bash toy on Godzilla.

That would be fun playing as Godzilla knocking down cities and battling enemies. It could be like AFM where you advance through each city with increasing difficulty. The bash toy could be 3d buildings that shake/fall as you hit them. Enemy battles could be sprinkled in for perks that make progressing easier.

#452 3 years ago

I’m in for Premium / LE on Godzilla anyway...also...there are almost TWO sterns....the IMDN EHOH JP DP Stern and the STH LZ BK SW Stern. We’ve got about a 50% chance of getting a SICK Godzilla. Crossing my fingers.

Quoted from HomerEBW:

As much as that would be cool, we must remember this is Stern. We'll be lucky if we get a spinner on the Pro model.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m in for Premium / LE on Godzilla anyway...also...there are almost TWO sterns....the IMDN EHOH JP DP Stern and the STH LZ BK SW Stern. We’ve got about a 50% chance of getting a SICK Godzilla. Crossing my fingers.

Godzilla may be my first LE. But will wait and see. No way ordering site unseen. LZ LE case in point for me.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

.the IMDN EHOH JP DP Stern and the STH LZ BK SW Stern.

That's means 100% for me as I like all those games..

#455 3 years ago

They are all good games but LZ STH BKSOR and SW pros are all pretty barren.

Quoted from LordHumungus:

That's means 100% for me as I like all those games..

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They are all good games but LZ STH BKSOR and SW pros are all pretty barren.

Yeah but fun and fast. Either way I'll be happy, JP style or a SW style.

#457 3 years ago

My daughter bought this poster for me just because she loves me. I love this art work. Would love each half on the back box if it was a Kong vs Godzilla pin.

720E1ACB-5F70-4F9C-A6AD-AD137F721752 (resized).jpeg720E1ACB-5F70-4F9C-A6AD-AD137F721752 (resized).jpeg
#458 3 years ago

From the ’next Stern thread’

“I contacted a dealer I know to see if he had any leads on a Medieval Madness and he asked me if I wanted a Godzilla said he would have them in May....”

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

“I contacted a dealer I know to see if he had any leads on a Medieval Madness and he asked me if I wanted a Godzilla said he would have them in May....”

No kidding?!!

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Contacted my distributor and he hasn’t heard anything unfortunately.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Contacted my distributor and he hasn’t heard anything unfortunately.

Could be your distributor knows and is honoring Stern's request not to divulge anything about future titles.

#462 3 years ago

K-man claims Eddy is next, Borg in the summer and Elwin is on Godzilla in Q3/Q4 after the next borg. We shall see i guess.

#463 3 years ago

K-man claims Eddy is next, Borg in the summer and Elwin is on Godzilla in Q3/Q4 after the next borg. We shall see i guess.

Yup, this is what I’m thinking as well. Eddy next up would make sense in the rotation at stern. Elwin in August/September on Godzilla with Zombie Yeti art would be a dream for me and many others in sure. Elwin always brings something new into his games.

I wonder which game Lyman is working on... you know there’s got to be a Kapow title launch sometime in 2021.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, this is what I’m thinking as well. Eddy next up would make sense in the rotation at stern. Elwin in August/September on Godzilla with Zombie Yeti art would be a dream for me and many others in sure. Elwin always brings something new into his games.
I wonder which game Lyman is working on... you know there’s got to be a Kapow title launch sometime in 2021.

So if Godzilla

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Could be your distributor knows and is honoring Stern's request not to divulge anything about future titles.

That’s what I was thinking.

#465 3 years ago

So if Q3/4 for Godzilla, when can we expect an announcement for it? New to pinball and really new to NIB Stern so not familiar with their rollout schedule.

#466 3 years ago

Unless you are going to buy an LE I’d wait to buy NIB till the code is matured and the necessary fixes are made at the factory. I know it sucks to wait but getting a game with fully fleshed out code > Putting tons of plays on a game where there is no wizard mode programmed yet. Just my opinion.

So if Q3/4 for Godzilla, when can we expect an announcement for it? New to pinball and really new to NIB Stern so not familiar with their rollout schedule.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Unless you are going to buy an LE I’d wait to buy NIB till the code is matured and the necessary fixes are made at the factory. I know it sucks to wait but getting a game with fully fleshed out code > Putting tons of plays on a game where there is no wizard mode programmed yet. Just my opinion.

I'm the opposite, I like to have a game early and watch how it changes. But that's just me.

#468 3 years ago

Its almost a guarantee that If Elwin had a game in Q3/Q4 Stern wouldn't announce it until August or September. Their announce to launch timeline is literally a week or two. And I agree with the above that you should wait unless you really want a LE. But I choose to wait because there are always mechanical issues with the first runs of Stern machines...

-Look at Led Zep with the Magid rising spinner...

-Look at AIQ with the subway issues, captain marvel ramp issues, and Dr Strange disk leveling issue. (I was in on the first run of premiums and ran into all of these issues)

-TMNT with the ramp diverter issue on the Prem/LE, Turtle bus lock issue on the pro...

-Jurassic park with the flipper post chipping the playfield...

-Iron Maiden with the upper loop issue...

This is why I choose to wait for the "early adopters" to let Stern know what to fix. I personally love seeing the progression of the code and how the game becomes more polished over time. AIQ is an excellent example this.

#469 3 years ago

I like to get a complete game, put an unbreakable GC on it and then sell it and never think about it again haha.

Quoted from finnflash:

I'm the opposite, I like to have a game early and watch how it changes. But that's just me.

#470 3 years ago

For the record, i wouldn't base my pinball savings on K-man rumors. He's wrong more often than right. Just know it looks good for Godzilla in 2021!

#471 3 years ago

I hope it isn't Elwin. I admire his games, but I prefer a simpler layout with Lyman code.

#472 3 years ago

Lyman won’t be doing code / rules for Elwin as he does rules for his own games.

Quoted from Methos:

I hope it isn't Elwin. I admire his games, but I prefer a simpler layout with Lyman code.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They announced Led Zeppelin on December 15, so if they stay on the 90 day cornerstone model that puts them in mid-March for their next announcement. That is right about the time the Godzilla Vs Kong movie hits theaters.

Don't they only do 3 cornerstone games a year?
That would put ~120 days between major releases.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Its almost a guarantee that If Elwin had a game in Q3/Q4 Stern wouldn't announce it until August or September. Their announce to launch timeline is literally a week or two. And I agree with the above that you should wait unless you really want a LE. But I choose to wait because there are always mechanical issues with the first runs of Stern machines...
-Look at Led Zep with the Magid rising spinner...
-Look at AIQ with the subway issues, captain marvel ramp issues, and Dr Strange disk leveling issue. (I was in on the first run of premiums and ran into all of these issues)
-TMNT with the ramp diverter issue on the Prem/LE, Turtle bus lock issue on the pro...
-Jurassic park with the flipper post chipping the playfield...
-Iron Maiden with the upper loop issue...
This is why I choose to wait for the "early adopters" to let Stern know what to fix. I personally love seeing the progression of the code and how the game becomes more polished over time. AIQ is an excellent example this.

Have to agree with you there. Unless an LE is a must have definitely worth passing on the first batch so any issues surface. Those first purchasers are technically beta testers. The Led Zeppelin spinner issue is something that should have been caught prior to production and shipping.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like Led Zep, you know Stern is going to mess it up somehow....[quoted image]

If it has baby godzilla im getting one. Especially if there is a smoke ring mode

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it has baby godzilla im getting one. Especially if there is a smoke ring mode

21638F9D-D033-457C-952B-BCF45C0F61D8 (resized).jpeg21638F9D-D033-457C-952B-BCF45C0F61D8 (resized).jpeg
#477 3 years ago

I'am getting tired from comic book licensing.
The games are great, but now I want some movie versions. Turtles is great but not for me.
AIQ is super but not the childish display/music.
BTTF or mandolorian will do the trick for me and maybe JB.

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

AIQ is super but not the childish display/music.

You do understand the irony baked into this statement? Grown man miffed that superhero pinball game is too childish?

Come on. That’s funny.

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Grown man miffed that superhero pinball game is too childish?

Come on. That’s funny.

And a little sad.

Love the AIQ layout but the theme stinks. How people can't be tired of this superhero crap is beyond me. Maybe based on The Boys. At least it has an edge. Well the first season did anyway.

#480 3 years ago

And a little sad.
Love the AIQ layout but the theme stinks. How people can't be tired of this superhero crap is beyond me. Maybe based on The Boys. At least it has an edge. Well the first season did anyway.

The Boys would be awesome, or The Punisher. Something adult with some gratuitous violence, there’s enough family friendly themes.

#481 3 years ago

I’m in for one Baby Godzilla super LE.

#482 3 years ago

Have to agree with you there. Unless an LE is a must have definitely worth passing on the first batch so any issues surface. Those first purchasers are technically beta testers. The Led Zeppelin spinner issue is something that should have been caught prior to production and shipping.

The spinner issue is fixed already, wasn't a huge issue at all. I really enjoy the early ownership, seeing code evolve, problems solved. Prob gonna order a GZ le ,

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The spinner issue is fixed already, wasn't a huge issue at all. I really enjoy the early ownership, seeing code evolve, problems solved. Prob gonna order a GZ le ,

Yeah Led Zeppelin Prem/LE is a great game and has been trouble free for me aside from a few very minor tweaks. The new software already fixed the spinner issue and added a whole lot more game play fun. This game is a long term keeper.

I still think the next game will be a vault edition the likes of which we haven't seen before. In other words a DMD game updated to Spike 2 with LCD and 2.1 sound... After that will be Godzilla or Bond or Jaws.

#484 3 years ago

I keep hearing tron vault, but ya never know

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:Yeah Led Zeppelin Prem/LE is a great game and has been trouble free for me aside from a few very minor tweaks. The new software already fixed the spinner issue and added a whole lot more game play fun. This game is a long term keeper.
I still think the next game will be a vault edition the likes of which we haven't seen before. In other words a DMD game updated to Spike 2 with LCD and 2.1 sound... After that will be Godzilla or Bond or Jaws.

If you see my post above you'll notice that Stern has a reputation for having issues on the first production runs of every release they've had in the past few years, especially on the Prem/LE. I'm still a fan of Stern and all that they do, but I will now be waiting a few months for the mechanical issues to be ironed out before putting down a deposit. Minor tweaks are OK, but I've had to do way too much to get my sterns working as they should.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Glad it’s fixed. I haven’t followed the LZ thread lately since LZ for me was a disappointment. GZ le if done right and worth it will be my first le purchase. But artwork for me will definitely be important on the cabinet. Did not care for LZ le DP le or TMNT le artwork at all.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah Led Zeppelin Prem/LE is a great game and has been trouble free for me aside from a few very minor tweaks. The new software already fixed the spinner issue and added a whole lot more game play fun. This game is a long term keeper.

Wouldn’t surprise if they did a POTC since JJP prices for theirs have gone insane. Updated LCD and 2.1 sound would be killer.

#488 3 years ago

Wouldn’t surprise if they did a POTC since JJP prices for theirs have gone insane. Updated LCD and 2.1 sound would be killer.

I severely doubt POTC would be considered. Stern was not allowed to use any of the voices or even the lines from the movies. That would not translate to LCD and stereo very well. If this happens, my bet is on LoTR, Tron or even Ghostbusters.

#489 3 years ago

My bet is on a GB Vault. I’d be very pumped on that.

Quoted from John_I:

I severely doubt POTC would be considered. Stern was not allowed to use any of the voices or even the lines from the movies. That would not translate to LCD and stereo very well. If this happens, my bet is on LoTR, Tron or even Ghostbusters.

#490 3 years ago

Wouldn’t surprise if they did a POTC since JJP prices for theirs have gone insane.

That's just not gonna happen. POTC prices have gone insane but is anyone actually paying that much? I don't thing they are gonna do any DMD vaults and that's fine, nothing in my opinion needs to be remade anyway.

#491 3 years ago

Glad it’s fixed. I haven’t followed the LZ thread lately since LZ for me was a disappointment. GZ le if done right and worth it will be my first le purchase. But artwork for me will definitely be important on the cabinet. Did not care for LZ le DP le or TMNT le artwork at all.

Problem is if you want an le you need to order pretty much sight unseen. Just the way things are now. If you like the gz theme, go for it. I did on lz and love the game.

#492 3 years ago

Joining in the chorus of the choir.

As cool and desperate sounding that I want this - I will wait and look for a premium once I can either play it/see enough of it/wait for early adopters to tell us their tales of wonder - and tales of woe.

Minya Smoke Ring Multi Ball has a nice sound to it though I don't think we will see it (that is the name of Godzilla's son for those who weren't sure what I was talking about ).

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I just played POTC and Depps voice was on it when a mode started and I believe Captain Balbosa also. Ghostbusters would be cool. But every time I play it a come away not liking it enough to be buy but the theme is one I love since I saw it when it came out originally in movie theaters.

Quoted from pinball2020:

Joining in the chorus of the choir.
As cool and desperate sounding that I want this - I will wait and look for a premium once I can either play it/see enough of it/wait for early adopters to tell us their tales of wonder - and tales of woe.
Minya Smoke Ring Multi Ball has a nice sound to it though I don't think we will see it (that is the name of Godzilla's son for those who weren't sure what I was talking about ).

I can’t preorder a pin without seeing any pics of it at least. I am glad I didn’t blindly preorder LZ le I just didn’t care for the artwork at all but in hand pics do look much better I have to admit. Love the band a ton but not the pin. Just feels like a SR pin with LZ music playing. Doesn’t feel like a LZ pinball to me at all.

#494 3 years ago

I just played POTC and Depps voice was on it when a mode started and I believe Captain Balbosa also. Ghostbusters would be cool. But every time I play it a come away not liking it enough to be buy but the theme is one I love since I saw it when it came out originally in movie theaters.

Those are voice actors hired by Stern and they were not allowed to say lines from the movie.

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Problem is if you want an le you need to order pretty much sight unseen.

I can’t preorder a pin without seeing any pics of it at least. I am glad I didn’t blindly preorder LZ

With a deposit on a LE can't u back out when u see what its all about, we normally get Pre/LE gameplay vids long before anyone actually receives the game. I wouldn't buy an LE anyway, even a dream theme. Pre almost always has the best art, side blades, shakers, Speaker upgrades and armor does nothing for me. I just want to see Godzilla as its a game I might actually be able to buy, theme wise its a breath of fresh air, done well of course.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those are voice actors hired by Stern and they were not allowed to say lines from the movie.

Did a good enough job apparently, it fooled me.

#497 3 years ago

Haskins Theatre's in Arizona are showing the original Godzilla cos King King starting Sunday. Going to take my kids on Monday. Check your local theatres.

909FCB73-9C6C-4253-9690-3D8FB401E86A (resized).jpeg909FCB73-9C6C-4253-9690-3D8FB401E86A (resized).jpeg
#498 3 years ago

With a deposit on a LE can't u back out when u see what its all about, we normally get Pre/LE gameplay vids long before anyone actually receives the game. I wouldn't buy an LE anyway, even a dream theme. Pre almost always has the best art, side blades, shakers, Speaker upgrades and armor does nothing for me. I just want to see Godzilla as its a game I might actually be able to buy, theme wise its a breath of fresh air, done well of course.

Sure, you can back out. But if I commit to a game unseen I figure its mine whether I like it or not. Im sure it would be easy for dealer to resell , but just not how I do business. A few people dropped lz , glad I didnt.

#499 3 years ago

That's just not gonna happen. POTC prices have gone insane but is anyone actually paying that much? I don't thing they are gonna do any DMD vaults and that's fine, nothing in my opinion needs to be remade anyway.

I think Metallica with different, more metal playfield art-work, like PusHead, and the theme revolve around Ride the Lighting or Kill em All artwork on the cab and Head.

#500 3 years ago

OG Godzilla with Zombie Yeti art and a playfield as fun a the newer Elvira and I'm in for an LE.. Wishful thinking?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/10?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.