(Topic ID: 306438)

So Long Marc, and Thanks for all the Parts.

By pmandeltort

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

StepUp (resized).jpg
    in memory of marc mandeltort 7x5 (resized).jpg
    There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago

Very sad news. Grateful for the legacy. Thank you for your contribution to the community.

#102 2 years ago

Why I'm gonna' miss Marc, even though I never met him:

He'd sell you a new Godzilla pinball machine, but he'd also sell you a step-up arm for a 1971 Bally EM, as well as the springs to go with it. Thanks, Marc, for helping us keep the old units alive!

StepUp (resized).jpgStepUp (resized).jpg
    #103 2 years ago

RIP Marc, he will be missed. I've never met him, but his store has been a staple for my pinball part needs. Condolences to the family.

#104 2 years ago

Can't believe it, Marc was an awesome asset to our hobby and cannot be replaced. It's been MANY years since I spoke with him, but I always enjoyed talking pinball with him. Another gone too soon, RIP.

#105 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss. He was a great guy that did so much for pinball.

#106 2 years ago

Marc was one of the kindest human being I've ever known. He was always willling to share success with everyone he met. I am so gratful I got to see him at York. Rest in Peace, my friend.

#107 2 years ago

That’s to sad. He really was a great guy.

#108 2 years ago

First time meeting Marc in person was at my booth at Allentown 4 years ago. Expected him to say a few words and continue on his way, but he took a genuine interest in what I was selling and we talked about business and pinball for a good half hour. Really cool experience! As others said he definitely had a way of making people feel special.

It wasn't until recent years that I realized just how supportive he was of the smaller businesses in this hobby and the community as a whole. The hobby would not have been the same without him. He will definitely be missed!

#109 2 years ago

Just got the email notice, what a great write up.
    I don't usually read their emails but read every word of this one.
    RIP Marc, bet wishes to the family.

#110 2 years ago

R.I.P. Marc.

#111 2 years ago

It's one thing to be smart and successful but Marc did it with class and was always nice to me and always fair if a problem came up. He was always generous with his time when I spoke to him on the phone or at a show. Best wishes to his family and loved ones!

#112 2 years ago

Gonna miss this dude, always cool with my shenanigans, even fueling them at times. I’ll say sorry for your loss, but it’s our loss too

#113 2 years ago

A huge loss to the pinball community. Not a better or more honest guy in the industry. My condolence to the Mandeltort family.

#114 2 years ago

My sincere condolences to the Mandeltort family. My prayers and thoughts are with his family during this difficult time. R.I. P. Marc as we will see you again when we take our journey into the Lords heavens……….
    God Bless

#115 2 years ago

It was always a high point for me to talk with Marc at the pinball shows. I have many great memories. We've lost way too many good guys this year. Rest in peace, Mark.
    Wally

#116 2 years ago

I never met the Marc behind Marco, but he made a real difference in my pursuit of the hobby. The company is one of the pillars of the community... he built a hell of a legacy. RIP Marc, and my best wishes to those in mourning.

#117 2 years ago

My condolences to the Marco Specialities family for their loss.

#118 2 years ago

My sincere condolences to the family. My first conversation with Marc was in 1997 when I bought my first pin. He was very patient and offered advise to a “newbie.” Later that year I personally meet him in person at the Winston Salem auction. He was always a source for knowledge and advise. He will be truly missed, RIP.

#119 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Marc “pre”-Marco at his old “Pinball Warehouse” in West Columbia. He would let me come and take black and white photos of games for my photography classes at USC.

Super guy as many have said and a true class act. You have been an asset to pinball.

My thoughts and prayers to the entire Marco family.

-scott

#120 2 years ago

Prayers for the entire Marco Specialities family.

#121 2 years ago

For sharing: Marc Mandeltort will be laid to rest Thursday, December 23rd at 12:45pm at Woodridge Memorial Park (138 Corley Mill Rd, Lexington, SC 29072). The funeral service will be outdoors at the burial grounds, observing Jewish traditions.

-No dress code, please come as you are.
    -Men, head coverings are nice but not required. Yarmulkes/Kippahs will be provided.
    -Facemasks required.

The Mandeltorts would also like to invite you to their home following the service. We will have both outdoor and indoor spaces for gathering.

https://www.facebook.com/CoinTaker/posts/3010985129215723

#122 2 years ago

Got the email regarding Marc’s passing from the mailing list early this morning. Sad to hear. He ran a great company and an easy to navigate website.
    If you had an eclectic order to put in, Marco would more often than not be the only place that could fill it completely. One stop shopping and convenience was much appreciated by myself and the pinball community. He will be greatly missed.

#123 2 years ago

Sad to hear, did great things for pinball.

its been a bad few years for pinball parts companies losing their owners / founders, unfortunately.

#124 2 years ago

My condolences. I'm so grateful to Marc and the entire team he built. God bless you all these holidays and may you grieve with peace, hope, and love.
    -Steven

#125 2 years ago

Marc was a great guy. He has helped me out so many times on my orders it remarkable. He will truly be missed. Does anyone know how he died? The cause of it?

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Marc was a great guy. He has helped me out so many times on my orders it remarkable. He will truly be missed. Does anyone know how he died? The cause of it?

The article says he died in his sleep

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from pincoin:

The article says he died in his sleep

Yes I saw that but not of old age.. He did not look that old.

#128 2 years ago

RIP Marc and Family. Marc was a family man with a love for all things pinball. He will never be replaced nor forgotten.

1 week later
    #129 2 years ago

Marc is a early pioneer in the business when there was no support for pinball, Some may see the Mandeltort's Pinball Superstore "Marco Specialties" as just a pinball part option while comparing prices Etc. just so you know, Marc orchestrated the pinball business in dozens of ways. from stuffing pinball related businesses flyer's in their boxes, Bank rolling someone with a pinball related idea thing with a product without direction, several led display businesses wouldn't be what they are today without Marc's involvement!, you damm know who you are! Marc is a true entrepreneur in the early days of solid state pinball, He would be seen at many shows cutting checks to anyone with Pinball surplus to secure rare hard to find parts to provide for all of us pinball, and to build his business as well, well before internet as it is today and speaking of before internet if you were lucky to have found Steve Young from PB resource you would have gotten Marc's flyer in your received order.

To the Mandeltort's:

May you all keep Marc's legacy going strong forever!

All pinball people:

Orders and contacting customer services please observe the diffluent time the Mandeltort's are dealing with Marc's loss.
    Marco Specialties and pinball shows ahead come back stronger than ever before as Marc would have want it!

3 weeks later
    #130 2 years ago

I just saw this post today. I was visiting my daughter in Columbia SC in November. My girlfriend and I had some free time and I told her I wanted to go visit Marco Pinball, to see where a lot of my parts came from. I walked in unannounced and Marc came out and greeted me. He gave me a tour of the facility and we enjoyed talking 70’s pinball. He followed me to the car and met my girlfriend, we talked for awhile outside. He then said he’d be right back and went inside and brought me out some Marco “stuff”. He told me the next time I came to Columbia, come back by and he would show me his pinball machines, which evidently were located not too far from the Marco location. When we left my girlfriend and I both said what a nice guy he was and he really had a true love for Pinball. I’m so sorry to read this news today. My condolences to his family and employees.

2 weeks later
    #131 2 years ago

Very sorry to see of Marc’s passing. Super nice to be around. We spent many years together as Nieghbor’s at Allentown pinfest. Always a joy every year. Great to see his company grow over the years. He put together a great family of employees. I loved to buy up all the leftover playfield deals as we packed up from a long weekend. God bless you all.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-long-marc-and-thanks-for-all-the-parts-/page/3?hl=pintec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.