(Topic ID: 306438)

So Long Marc, and Thanks for all the Parts.

By pmandeltort

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

StepUp (resized).jpg
    in memory of marc mandeltort 7x5 (resized).jpg
    There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss. I'm Sure most of us have Marco parts in many of our games and toolboxes.

#52 2 years ago

It is sad to hear of this news, may his memory always be blessed and cherished.

#53 2 years ago

Wow, Life can be so short. I bought parts and several games from Marc at the MGC over the years. Always fair, easy to talk to and a pleasure to deal with.

Rip Marc.

#54 2 years ago

This is really terrible to have to hear. So sorry for you loss. Same age as my father.

#55 2 years ago

Thank you Marc.

My condolences to your family and loved ones.

#56 2 years ago

A "Gentleman's Gentleman" to be sure, RIP Sir Marc. Your beacon shall shine brightly forever. Absolute respect. Strength and condolences to the family.

#57 2 years ago

Thanks Marc for bringing the world needed parts, and I'm sending the family a hug and condolences. He will be missed.

#58 2 years ago

I first meet Marc many years ago at my first show the wizard convention in Allentown. It was at the smaller venue before the current farmers market location. Marco’s has always been my vendor of first choice wonderful company lead by a wonderful person sad news indeed our condolences…

#59 2 years ago

Marc has inspired many in this hobby over the years. I owe him that. He saw the potential in me as a designer, and though we parted ways many years ago, I have always had the utmost respect for him and his operation. As a leader in the Pinball community he will be sorely missed. The hobby has lost a great one.

Brett

#60 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I got to know him at California shows and was always nice to work with.

Condolences to his family and the whole Marco staff...

#61 2 years ago

Hard to believe this, such a nice guy! Always enjoyed a beer or two with him and the show crew! RIP Marc!

#62 2 years ago

RIP Marc. Without your store, there nearly wouldn't be as much popularity with pinball, especially with the older machines. Excellent resource for hard to find parts.

#63 2 years ago

Sad news, very sorry to hear, condolences to your family. I didn’t know him well, but enjoyed talking to him at shows. Marco has always been the go to place for hard to find parts, I presume thanks to Marc’s hard work. He will be missed in many ways….sad day for pinball.

#64 2 years ago

A great loss! Marc was the first to step up as a main distributor for my backglass production way back in the days.

#65 2 years ago

wow. I'm truly stunned. marc was not only a great resource to our community but a genuinely great person. I can't recall the number of times that he personally took the time to answer my questions or help me find parts (or get them made).

the pinball community would definitely not be where it is today without marc and marco's specialties. my condolences go out to his family, friends, employees and everyone that he had an impact on.

#66 2 years ago

Placed my first order from Marcos out of a hard printed catalog in 2001. In 2005 at California Extreme I made a beeline over to his booth because his company was such a huge part of my becoming a pinball collector and doing restorations. When I met him for the first time that day, he recognized my name from my many orders. I was immediately struck by what a good, intelligent and humble man he was. This was my first show and I considered him a celebrity of sorts, so just getting to meet him and shake his hand would be honor enough. Instead we ended up talking many times over the weekend and he was interested in my opinion and what I had to say. He was truly driven to the betterment of the hobby, the industry itself and above all customer satisfaction.

Over the years, I saw him at many shows and he always took the time to hang out and chat and answer my questions. He considered all of us in the hobby as his friends. In later years I became aware that he was a major supporter of charities including my close friends at Project Pinball. Project Pinball maintains pinball machines in over 50 children's hospitals nationwide and their success at keeping those games running is in no small part due to Marc.

This is truly a sad day for pinball and Marc left us way too early. RIP Marc.

#67 2 years ago

Deepest condolences to Nancy, Paul, and the Marco team. Mark was passionate about pinball, his business, and was a genuinely kind person. He'll be missed by many.

Joe

#68 2 years ago

Marc was a huge asset to our hobby and was a heck of a nice man. He will be missed. Condolences to the family.

#69 2 years ago

Not much to say that hasn't been said already.

My condolences to the family. Such a sad loss for the pinball community.

RIP.

Chris

#70 2 years ago

Marc had a knack for making you fell like you were the only person in the room he was interested in talking with. Like you had known him for years. He will be missed, but remembered with a smile.

#71 2 years ago

Marc was a true inspiration to me... youll be missed man.

#72 2 years ago

A number of years ago I was playing one of his demo machines at Allentown and forgot my bag of purchased items next to the machine. I realized it once I got home and emailed the company. He had retrieved the bag and mailed it back to me no charge! Most of the items were from other vendors at the show so he basically paid to ship other vendors products. He got a customer for life that day. What a class act this man was.

#73 2 years ago

Without Marc and his dedication to our hobby, I would not have had such a wonderful experience.

Thank you Marc!

#74 2 years ago

Sadly, didn't have the opportunity to meet him but wish the best for the family. Adn great that he could leave such a rich and lasting legacy.

#75 2 years ago

I'm genuinely shocked. He was a huge presence in the pinball community and at the Allentown shows. My condolences.

#76 2 years ago

so sorry to hear this news....Marc was one of the parts pioneers and we will all miss him! Todd N. Tuckey and TNT Amusements Inc

#77 2 years ago

RIP. I am new to pinball so didn't know Marc but have already ordered several times from his site as it was clearly one of, if not the best site on the net for the hobby. Condolences to his family and anyone in the community who knew him personally.

#78 2 years ago

I'm just seeing this and am in shock!! Marc was a great person. We had many pinball conversations at shows and when I would call to order things if I was fortunate enough to get him on the phone! So sorry to Nancy and Paul and the rest of his family! He will be missed greatly throughout the entire pinball community! Rest in Peace good sir and we'll meet again someday at a pinball show in heaven!

Phoebe

#79 2 years ago

I’m not sure what to say that hasn’t been said already. I’ve met Marc at Expo several years ago and had conversations with him about our show. My partner was a good friend of his I believe and told me what a great guy he was and when I met him it was easy to see that he was telling the truth. You’ve done so much for our community.You will be missed sir.

#80 2 years ago

Holy hell, this one hits hard. He gave me the real kickstart I needed to get my business going, and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without his help. Always a great guy to talk to, email with, and just hang around with. I was really looking forward to catching up with him at MGC in the spring.

Going to really suck not dealing with Marc.

-Hans

#81 2 years ago

I have known Marc and Nancy a long time. I am completely devastated by this. I just had an hour long talk with him a week or so ago. He had told me he felt the best he's ever felt.. Marc thank you for everything you've done for me you will be dearly missed my friend.

#82 2 years ago

My condolences to Marc's Family and friends.
    The pinball hobby would certainly be less vibrant and successful without his hard work.
    The first company people told me about when I wondered aloud about how hard it would be to fix a pin!
    And great content to foster that side of the business!

Thank you so much for all that you've done!
    The next quarter is on me sir!
    R.I.P.

#83 2 years ago

I always enjoyed running into Marc at the different pinball shows I have attended the last 13 years. He always was ready to talk and always seemed to be in a good mood. He never had anything bad to say about anyone. I will miss seeing him and our conversations. RIP Marc. We will miss you.

#84 2 years ago

Read it tomorrow morning at Flippermarkt, very sad news.
    Thank you sir and RIP Marc.

#85 2 years ago

What a shame. Way too young. Peace on your journey, Marc.

#86 2 years ago

My condolences to Nancy, Paul, Lynn, the family, the Marco team, and friends. Nothing I can say can ease the pain and that can only heal with time. May his memory continue to be a blessing.

#87 2 years ago

Sad news. My condolences to family & friends.

#88 2 years ago

Terrible news! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Marc!

#89 2 years ago

Sad ... very sad ......

All the best to his family and friends. Also here over the pond he will be missed.

#90 2 years ago

Wow! This one cuts deep for sure. My sincerest condolences to the Mandeltort family. Marc was a fantastic human being, with a never ending supply of kindness and generosity. I got into this hobby later in life, and Marc was one of those who immediately welcomed me with open arms. I will so greatly miss seeing him at the shows. I am honored to have called him a friend.

Godspeed my friend.

Aaron

#91 2 years ago

I never met Marc , but I have brought a few bits and pieces off them , and always had great service .
    Very sad to hear he passed away .

#92 2 years ago

My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and the team at Marco Specialties.

#93 2 years ago

Always bad to have lost a friend you have known quarter century. Stand up guy .
    Legacy doing great things for people and the hobby = life well lived!

Condolences to your family in trying times .

Shane

#94 2 years ago

I'm happy to report that I did get to meet Marc at several shows, though I was never even aware of who I was talking to at the time! He was always very friendly and helpful when I would inquire about parts at SFGE or TPF at the always incredible Marco booth that is such a highlight of any pinball show.

Truly a great loss to the community and hopefully his company will continue to be his legacy.

#95 2 years ago

Super bummed out to hear this. He was a great guy. Talked to him many times at shows and at the auction in Winston Salem.

Does anyone have the history of how he started the company, etc?

#96 2 years ago

Met Marc at TPF a couple years ago. At load-out time, he sold me a pair of used skates with MARCO sharpied on them. I've used them many times since, and I always think of him when I do. Nice guy. So sorry for your -- and the whole community's -- loss.

#97 2 years ago

So sad, as Marc went too young. This makes me reflect on my family problems and be thankful we are at least healthy, which is the most important thing.

#98 2 years ago

So sad to hear. Although I never met him, I have spent countless hours and fun installing his parts.

RIP Marc.

#99 2 years ago

Sad news.
    Marc was great and will be sorely missed!!
    He built a bit of a parts empire from the ground up.
    Major accomplishment by itself but to have done so with such a friendly /helpful demeanor and in a class act fashion is truly commendable.
    His legacy and contributions will continue on as a result of that passion. I cannot think of anyone or anyway the hobby did not benefit from it.

#100 2 years ago

Never had the honour to meet him, but his name will forever be synonymous with pinball repair.

I'm sure his work has revived countless machines so that future generations can enjoy them. (His parts helped me with my F-14 restore).

He may be physically gone, but his legacy will continue.

RIP Marc.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-long-marc-and-thanks-for-all-the-parts-/page/2?hl=cfes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.