Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dvandentop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shane300zx:

Might just have to ake you up on that offer one day

just shoot me a pm and we can set something up. always nice to meet another pinsider.

#52 12 years ago

Congrats on the new pick up, JM is a very fun pin

#53 12 years ago

Don't forget to keep up updated on the plight of your JD. I have a suspicion that the Bottom Boyz were involved in its vandalism.

#54 12 years ago

Wow that sioux city place looks legendary

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Don't forget to keep up updated on the plight of your JD. I have a suspicion that the Bottom Boyz were involved in its vandalism.

The freight inspector showed up yesterday at noon. He walked back into the game room and tossed his binder on my twilight zone and got right in between JD and TZ with his belt buckle, phone holder and tape measure hitting both cabs. I politely told him not to do that, several times. On his way out he decided it might be good to give me his contact details. Not having any business cards he decided to write his information down on a piece of paper and walking right past a perfectly good counter top and table he started to use my B&W speaker for his work space! That's when... well, let's just say I stopped being polite at that point, which probably didn't do much in the way of gaining a favorable report from him.

Sorry for the rant. I'm still worked up over his carelessness.

#56 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Don't be sorry, I would be pissed as well. If that's the care the freight inspector showed... Kinda makes sense why your machine was delivered damaged. Bummer!! I've never had a machine shipped, but if I did I know who NOT to use now.

#57 12 years ago

awe man,
    sorry to hear about that. first they f your machine up during transport...then they piss you off at your own place. i can't stand people that are actually that dis respectful, or just that dumb, to not have any respect for others space/belongings. hope it all works out in the end. reminds me of a problem i had at my local chevy dealership. took in for them to fix, they fixed something yet broke 2 other things in the process. then they actually glued on of the pieces they broke instead of replacing the part. after 3 trips to the service place, i gave up. now my blower sounds like a goddamn Jet airplane. lmao. its just life i suppose.

seems service these days is def going downhill.

#58 12 years ago

I don't think it was carelessness on his part. I guarantee you he knew what he was doing, and he was doing it on purpose. It was probably an intimidation tactic.. a way of him flexing his muscles and saying "don't f&ck with us"

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

That's when... well, let's just say I stopped being polite at that point, which probably didn't do much in the way of gaining a favorable report from him.

Sounds like a real douche bag! All things considered you did a good job of trying your best to be polite he pushed it too far. I hope it all works out in the end for you. Keep us posted as others may unfortunately need to go through the same process in the future. Who was the shipper on this one again?

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

It was probably an intimidation tactic.. a way of him flexing his muscles and saying "don't f&ck with us"

If that was his tactic, (which would be totally stupid and I don't think it was) It got turned around on him... which is probably why I have not heard back from him.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sounds like a real douche bag! All things considered you did a good job of trying your best to be polite he pushed it too far. I hope it all works out in the end for you. Keep us posted as others may unfortunately need to go through the same process in the future. Who was the shipper on this one again?

Coin Op Shippers is who I contacted, but the actual shipper was FedEx Freight. From what I gathered coin op is just a logistics company that calls around for the best price from different shipping companies. In this case it went like this. Coin Op called Freightwire and they called fedEx. The inspector guy was actually from yet another company called Virtual Freight Inspections. Everything is so disconnected that i'm sure they will all be pointing their fingers at everyone else in no time.

#61 12 years ago

Holy shat man bowers and wilkens is not cheap. Id lose it right there and comment to breaking some shat up like appendages after asking several times to respect my property. Way i see it is his shipping company jacked it up in the first place and not he is coming in jacking other stuff up. Thats strike three right there. I could see if you were some joe smoe that got a pos broke down machine and trying to make a claim on it after it was broke or it was just broke when you bought it that way and trying to fraud claim but a guy walks in and sees a ROOM with just pins like not just the one in question and starts jacking stuff up thats enough.

Sorry for ranting about nothing that pertains to me but thats half the problem of this country,no one gives a damn about anything but themselves amongst other things i could elaborate on but this is not the venue for that.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

he started to use my B&W speaker for his work space

nice i always wanted to hear a set in person! damn i shoulda stopped over

#63 12 years ago

i was gonna say shoulda moved the pin to the garage so you looked like a newb and not pin collector so he doesnt hold that against you.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

nice i always wanted to hear a set in person! damn i shoulda stopped over

Next time you're here remind me and we can piss off the neighbors. Its been a while and I cant have them thinking that I have changed for the better.

Seriously though, I rarely get a chance to really enjoy them anymore.

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Next time you're here remind me and we can piss off the neighbors. Its been a while and I cant have them thinking that I have changed for the better. []

Seriously though, I rarely get a chance to really enjoy them anymore.

i hear ya which is why i didnt even hook up my surround sound when i moved into my house.
    (not that it is anything special) just rarely watch movies anymore

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-long-arnold-heres-johnny/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.