You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6128 (resized).jpeg
Drink-Like-a-Fish_Shirt-scaled (resized).jpg
IMG_20220825_153848 (resized).jpg
#1 9 years ago

And I played it yesterday. It's in this cool bar called Sourdough Bar. It's the new Stern Star Trek.

Never played it before and only played one game. Won a replay but missed getting the board a few million. GC and 1st were still factory scores...lol

#2 9 years ago

Cool; I am guessing "real life" was happening, or at least you would have played the replay?

#3 9 years ago

I let one of our friends play it...I had to take a piss, lol

8 years later
#4 1 year ago

To update, as of Aug 25, 2022 Ketchikan has a Guardians of the Galaxy at Sourdough. It hasn't seen a lot of love recently, it might be unbalanced, but it flips pretty dang well!

Just happy to see a pinball machine in such a remote place!

IMG_20220825_153848 (resized).jpgIMG_20220825_153848 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

Just walked by there the other day I’m so mad I didn’t walk in. The recent FB posts didn’t show any games.

We played in Seattle, Juneau, Sitka, and Victoria BC on our cruise last week.

Arghhh.

#6 1 year ago

If you're still there and haven't been to Ray Trolls place you should check it out.

Drink-Like-a-Fish_Shirt-scaled (resized).jpgDrink-Like-a-Fish_Shirt-scaled (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

Unfortuntely, I have to say it. With so much to see up there, I think Pinball would be pretty low on my list. Ok, that's probably blasphemy to many of us (including me)... but there's just too much to see and do. We took an old 'puddle jumper' plane out of Ketchikan and went into the backwoods. Awesome trip. Just don't forget your megasize can of industrial strength bear spray. Fortunately, we didn't need it.

If you hit Scagway - you gotta take the White Pass and Yukon railroad up to Carcross. Awesome ride especially since I had just seen a documentary on PBS before the trip.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just walked by there the other day I’m so mad I didn’t walk in. The recent FB posts didn’t show any games.
We played in Seattle, Juneau, Sitka, and Victoria BC on our cruise last week.
Arghhh.

Circa 1996, I was playing a T2 pin in a bar in Sitka. If the PinMap is accurate, I suspect that pin is now at the town theater. Good memories.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Unfortuntely, I have to say it. With so much to see up there, I think Pinball would be pretty low on my list. Ok, that's probably blasphemy to many of us (including me)... but there's just too much to see and do. We took an old 'puddle jumper' plane out of Ketchikan and went into the backwoods. Awesome trip. Just don't forget your megasize can of industrial strength bear spray. Fortunately, we didn't need it.
If you hit Scagway - you gotta take the White Pass and Yukon railroad up to Carcross. Awesome ride especially since I had just seen a documentary on PBS before the trip.

Yes lots to see up there. But we were on a cruise and I always had an hour or two in town after our excursions. I played pinball instead of shopping at the junk tourist stores.

#10 1 year ago

Yes lots to see up there. But we were on a cruise and I always had an hour or two in town after our excursions. I played pinball instead of shopping at the junk tourist stores.

Same same. I had an hour to kill before dinner so took that opportunity to get some flips in.

What machine was in Juneau and where was it? I had 0 extra time in that port but I'm a curious fella.

#11 1 year ago

Bullwinkle's Pizza in Juneau. Just a couple blocks from the main strip. They had AFM and MM remakes, along with a lot of newer vids.
Sitka was at the Coliseum Theater, which is right in the heart of the tourist area.
Victoria, BC was Quazar's, right on the main nightlife street.
I had my hand on the door at Sourdough, not sure why I didn't just look in.

These were all minutes from where we were, and in the middle of brewery hopping.

Since we own an arcade with craft beer in a tourist town, this entire trip was research and business related.

We hit the big spots in Seattle beforehand too, I'll be posting a PNW trip thread later.

#12 1 year ago

Victoria, BC was Quazar's, right on the main nightlife street.
I had my hand on the door at Sourdough, not sure why I didn't just look in.

Nice. Quazars is my old stomping ground. They have a bunch more pins in storage too. It'll be nice when they can bring most of that collection back together.

I walked by Sourdough twice and as you can see from the photo if I had just popped my head into the exit beside it I would have seen it. Lol. Asked a local and they pointed me in the right direction. Totem in Ketchikan is listed as having a Mando as well for any future travelers.

#13 1 year ago

Back in the 70s my father in law used to own a bar in Juneau called the Ore House. Ha. He operated games and told me Captain Fantastic was his best earner. Somewhere we have a few old pictures but it would take some effort to dig them out.

Added 20 months ago:

Edit: Apparently I had my facts mixed up. Talked to my brother in law last night and he set me straight. Although my Father in law owned the Thanes Ore House in the early 80s they never operated games there. He had a place on Franklin called Games People Play previous to the Ore House. My BIL said they operated games there, mostly pinballs.

1 year later
#14 7 months ago

Thanks to this nine year old thread I just finished a couple of games of Mandalorian at Sourdough!

IMG_6128 (resized).jpegIMG_6128 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ketchikan-alaska-has-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.