Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

+ or - a couple hundred depending on the game. Had to sell a few games a can only have 1 pin for the time being. Anyway, thought I'd post and see if there's any bargains out there! Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Can you save up another $500? If so, I've seen a couple of AC/DC pro's go for this used. That would be a nice pin for a solo collection. At $3500 you're more in the range of 2 non A lister williams/ ballys but since you only have room for 1 that is my recommendation.

#3 11 years ago

Yep, for the right game I could add additional funds.

#4 11 years ago

TSPP comes to mind in that price range...

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

TSPP comes to mind in that price range...

Currently on the wishlist.

#6 11 years ago

For that range i would get a Whitewater.

#7 11 years ago

Wow just noticed your location. Big fan of Aiken. My buddy has a place there and the American Dingo is "from" Aiken. My Avatar here is my American Dingo. Anyway sorry for going off-topic...

I say get a TSPP for that money...

#8 11 years ago

Hey,

I'll put in for TSPP as well (if you're a fan of the stop and go; deliberate shot sort of thing). I'm not sure what I'd say for a fast game, but those with AC/DC seem to think highly of it.

Luke

#9 11 years ago

You might want to post a link to your wishlist or name some games you would be interested in. As said above, TSPP is in your range. And you're close to LOTR territory too. But it really depends on what you want.

#10 11 years ago

Looking more for a game with a deep rule set. So yes, TSPP, LOTR, etc.
    Would still consider other games as well though.

#11 11 years ago

Hey,

Just popped into my head, but I really like The Shadow as well, and it comes in well within your price range. You'd be hard pressed to find one that cost that much, I would think.

Luke

#12 11 years ago

Go for TSPP as your first pin. You won't regret it.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Go for TSPP as your first pin. You won't regret it.

Won't be my first, actually #8. Just sold off the collection to downsize, but yes, I'd love to own one.

#14 11 years ago

Probably need a little more for a nice one but STTNG is a great pin for the money.

#15 11 years ago

LOTR TSPP I have both and are great games...if you were closer we might be able to deal in one...

#16 11 years ago

Lots of great games very close to that price range. If you kicked it up a couple of hundred you could get a TOM or TAF and I've seen STTNG recently go for less than 3k so some great games in your range

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

I've seen STTNG recently go for less than 3k so some great games in your range

That may be but that's not the going rate for a STTNG unless it's beat. I have a buddy in Coastal VA that might be willing to sell his, don't know the price.

#18 11 years ago

My buddy just bought a STTNG for 2200, another guy I know got one for 2600 and I passed on one for 3k just last month in great condition. Just didn't want to make the 6 hour drive. This is a machine the you can still get for under 3k. eBay prices are really high for this game.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

My buddy just bought a STTNG for 2200, another guy I know got one for 2600 and I passed on one for 3k just last month in great condition. Just didn't want to make the 6 hour drive. This is a machine the you can still get for under 3k. eBay prices are really high for this game.

Awesome! If you find one for 2500 or under within 500 miles of zip of 53527, I'm a buyer.

#20 11 years ago

Man, I would buy that in a second. All of the ones I see nowadays are around $4k.

#21 11 years ago

tspp while deep imho gets old fast on its own. It becomes very much like work. Once you know how to get things going you form a strategy and you will only play it that way. So when its a single pin home i thought it was tiring.

#22 11 years ago

Sopranos is in that price range for a nice one. I own LOTR and have played TSPP, but Sopranos is a nice challenging ruleset with halarious call-outs from the show. Tons of adult fun, hey now!

#23 11 years ago

Wh20 & CFTBL are good around that price. If you can find a STTNG for that would be nice.

If you're looking into a TSPP just make sure you love the Simpsons...like seriously love them...because if not it's one of the more annoying games around.

#24 11 years ago

a TSPP just went up on eBay w/a $3800 buy it now... HUO. that might be the best deal I've seen in months!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

a TSPP just went up on eBay w/a $3800 buy it now... HUO. that might be the best deal I've seen in months!

If only I lived in upstate NY... Of course, that would mean dealing with the weather, but at least I'd have this pin to play on snowy days.

#27 11 years ago

Where?
    I see a TSPP for $3850 in NY but doesn't say anything about HUO. And judging by the flipper button wear that game has seen a ton of games

Quoted from edwinpblue:

#28 11 years ago

TFTC and Pinbot, with money leftover.

#29 11 years ago

I'll throw in my $.02 for WPT. It would come in well under your price range, so you could probably get a very nice example. Deep and strategic (some guy who wrote the ruleset for LOTR and TSPP wrote the software for WPT). It's a great combination of fast and strategic. Need not be a card player to enjoy...

#30 11 years ago

Starting from $3500 and planning to buy a single pin I would...

- try to get a little more extra $ and get an ACDC Pro
    - Get a TSPP or LOTR
    - Get a WPT and keep the extra $

Currently owning none of these game... but this will change soon!!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

a TSPP just went up on eBay w/a $3800 buy it now... HUO.

HUO at that price? Probably sold already.

#32 11 years ago

TSPP is easily my pick as well. Such a great game that is still affordable and it's built like a tank. That game has toys and a 2-level playfield, but it's rarely causing any tech problems.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

HUO at that price? Probably sold already.

It's still listed but it isnt HUO folks...

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wh20 & CFTBL are good around that price. If you can find a STTNG for that would be nice.
    If you're looking into a TSPP just make sure you love The Simpsons...like seriously love them...because if not it's one of the more annoying games around.

Agree with the Law.I have Wh20 currently and have had Creature. Wh20 is the most under rated game in Pinball IMO. Keep in mind in space is really an issue the STTNG is a widebody if I am not mistaken.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

Keep in mind in space is really an issue the STTNG is a widebody

And also Wh20 is a tall body with that topper...which is why mine is upstairs and not in the basement

#36 11 years ago

Guns N Roses might be a good one (not sure if you can find it in that price range anymore).

#38 11 years ago

buy 2 pins

Demo Man and WPT

Or buy 2 other $1800.00 Pins

T2 and WPT

Demo Man and T2 etc.., You would be better off going for a nice game with speed and a deeper game

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

Guns n Roses might be a good one (not sure if you can find it in that price range anymore).

There's one listed on here for $6500.

#40 11 years ago

Flashback to 2003, you can get a decent MM, MB, or CC or CV. Or get a TOM and a Wh2O, CFTBL and a WCS94, or.. a BSD, TS & RS. I remember saying "I'd NEVER pay $3000 for a pin, that's just insane!" Ahh those were the days.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There's one listed on here for $6500.

#42 11 years ago

I've been actively searching for either a really good STTNG or WH20, and I can tell you that the prices of both have gone up well beyond $3,500--at least everywhere I can find within 300 miles of NC. There has been a dramatic price increase just over the past three months. I would be thrilled to find a fine example of either for under $4k. I'd be even more thrilled to buy both together for $7k!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Flashback to 2003, you can get a decent MM, MB, or CC or CV. Or get a TOM and a Wh2O, CFTBL and a WCS94, or.. a BSD, TS & RS. I remember saying "I'd NEVER pay $3000 for a pin, that's just insane!" Ahh those were the days.

Wow who knew and interesting to hear for sure. What wear the top 20 games on pinside then?

#44 11 years ago

buy it while you can . Just got word everything is going up

#45 11 years ago

that's a nice budget. If your filling up a gameroom and have space to spare. Personally, i'd buy.

JP & SST & pick one(DW, DM, WWFRR, LAH)

for that budget you can get all 3, and all 3 are great games. Lots of bang for your buck. Way more than you'll get from 1 game.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I've been actively searching for either a really good STTNG or WH20, and I can tell you that the prices of both have gone up well beyond $3,500--at least everywhere I can find within 300 miles of NC. There has been a dramatic price increase just over the past three months. I would be thrilled to find a fine example of either for under $4k. I'd be even more thrilled to buy both together for $7k!

Yeah, I had the same experience with White Water. I WANTED to buy one for $3500 but they were nowhere to be found. Right after I got mine one showed up half-way across the country for $3500 (a really nice one at that), but once you add shipping your back at 4Gs. The only other ones I've seen for less than $4,000 are beaters that need $1000+ in parts (ramps, boulders, etc.).

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Right after I got mine

So, what did you pay and what is the machine's condition? I am still trying to get on top of this market.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

So, what did you pay and what is the machine's condition? I am still trying to get on top of this market.

I paid under 3500 for a probably 8/10 machine last month. Michigan prices though

#49 11 years ago

I just got back from a 952-mile round trip to buy the STTNG of my dreams. It's in superb shape, not least because the playfield was clearcoated a long time ago. (Zero wear at the scoops, which is extraordinary.) With the exception of a couple of very minor scratches, it looks brand new. I paid more than $3,500, as you might imagine, but it was worth every penny to get one in such outstanding condition. Great stuff!

#50 11 years ago

Nice......pics?

Oh, and you can take down your wanted add.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-ive-got-about-3500-to-buy-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.