(Topic ID: 43137)

So it's your first pin? Why?

By smokey_789

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rush.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

I was starting to fix up my basement & was thinking what else could I put down there? I started looking around on EBay having no idea what I wanted or what was involved. I came across a Gottleib Spider Man that was local. I sent a message with my ph# and got a call back & brought the pin home that day. The guy was telling me how you can't have just 1 & I was telling him no way, I'm done...I bought my 2nd 1yr later (he actually hooked me up with a friend that had the Gottleib Hulk I was looking for) and now I'm up to 4pins...

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from ReallifePin:

And a great 4 they are. Nice taste in theme.

Thank you... Too many more within the theme that are good games. It's going to be difficult to keep it at just 4...Behaving myself for now..as long as Xmen LE stays above 5G I think I'm good for awhile..all bets are off if it dips lower though

I NEVER would have thought I would own more than 1 or 2 when I first bought into the hobby (didn't even percieve it as a hobby at the time)..Now 6-8 seems reasonable

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Still, I'm grateful that I finally took the plunge. It has been a lot of fun. I just replaced a flipper assembly this evening. Who knew that could be so enjoyable? I'm not sure which I like more, fixing them or playing them

I surprised myself by learning how to do a flipper assembly (youtube) & other small repairs/replacements. It actually was enjoyable. I don't mind the breaking down of a game, cleaning & repairing stuff. I'm still afraid/intimidated by the electronic end of the spectrum. I wish there was a class I could take geared for that. I did learn some stuff from the 1 repair guy who came to troubleshoot my Hulk when I was having lighting issue.. The people in the hobby that I have met and on these boards have been great & willing to spend time explaning stuff & troubleshoot with you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-its-your-first-pin-why?tu=butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.