(Topic ID: 190737)

So is the DMD toast? Or is it possible cable or other?

By harryhoudini

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I just replaced the CPU in my FF. It was definitely the issue as the game wouldn't do anything at all with the old CPU. This one fires up, I can play the game to some extent. The DMD is barely working.. I am going to assume it is something with the DMD itself. The only other option I can think of is the ribbon cable. I can certainly try one out if that is a possibility but with the issue with this game I am fairly sure it would be the display. It sits right next to the CPU and the CPU was definitely toast (nothing at all happened when powering on the game, only the backbox light and the LEDs on the boards came on.

On a side note is there any option for replacing these other than finding an actual capcom part? I know it is a vishay dale part but it seems quite obsolete.

https://goo.gl/photos/sDab2KfeZJ2u9cEW9

#2 6 years ago

Check voltages going into the display.

#3 6 years ago

Good thought, I believe I did when I was troubleshooting the CPU but I will confirm again. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-is-the-dmd-toast-or-is-it-possible-cable-or-other and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.