(Topic ID: 205204)

So I'm working a deal for these 10 EM machines but ..

By RacingPin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Briehl
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1650 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1649 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1648 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1647 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1646 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1645 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1643 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1642 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1640 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1639 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1638 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1637 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1636 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1635 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd be a saint to haul all of that garbage out for her for free.
    I'd offer a couple hundred for the Ringer but the rest, you'd genuinely have to pay me for the service.

Exactly this ^^^^!!

John

1 week later
    #78 6 years ago

Been selling used pinball parts at shows for 20 years now and I appreciate your enthusiasm and what your doing....
    The reality of it is that you have nothing special on those pictures other then the chime units and those are not as easy to sell as they once were either. It will take a hundred people to pick it up at your booth (which is a huge expense btw., plus the gas, food, lodging.....etc.) before someone wants it for half of what you put on it. Those posts, switches, aprons, used locks .....are just not worth the table space they will take up and hauling them around from show to show. They might as well go on the free table and then people might take them. Used coils are like a $1 each and there still hard to sell unless you find that one guy at the show that needs it at that moment because the reset coil in his 1963 Gottlieb just burned up. Plastics, are $1 each because again you have to find that ONE guy that needs them. Nice coin mechs are a struggle to get $3 out of. Pop bumper caps unless there rare, nice and unbroken have a $1 value to them. Those pop bumper assemblies, metal pieces, etc.....might as well go on the free table too. Trust me. In the end a lot of that stuff just needs to be given away and guys will walk away with a smile on your face and perhaps come back later and buy something significant. I'm not trying to rain on your parade really but rather give you some insight on how I've seen the market at the shows work. Now a days guys are mostly interested in flashy LED's and this is why I don't do shows like Chicago Expo anymore, too much overhead and not enough sales on the used parts market.
    Gook luck however, I wish you the best.
    John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-im-working-a-deal-for-these-10-em-machines-but?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.