(Topic ID: 99866)

So I'm at Disney and coin goes straight thru mech?

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lurch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

POTCSCORE.jpg
    tumblr_ln6snhraqF1qludboo1_500.gif
    #1 9 years ago

I'm at Disney they have a nice Avengers pro which I have never played in my life, I want to play this game to see if it's any good.

However I put a coin in either side and it goes straight thru.

Does this mean the coin box is full or something I can fix? it mean if I turned the machine off and back on or something?

Any suggestions?

Other pins they have are IJ4 really sorry state, XM pro (which I have an XMLE at home) Avatar (meh) and PotC which I have at home.

I went to several other arcades most had zero pins and one had a pin that I'd rather light on fire than play (South Park).

#2 9 years ago

Is this DisneyQuest? They are on free play.

#3 9 years ago

Could just be dead microswitch or bent actuation arm. Single slot coindoor? Not much to do about this on location.

I would put in some time on avatar and potc. Avatar is simple but fun if not nasty dirty. POTC I just really like bashing the ship toy.

Crash that is classic.... They are plugged into the wall right. I kid I kid.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Is this DisneyQuest? They are on free play.

No, at Space Mountain arcade

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Space Mountain arcade

Disneyland or Magic Kingdom? A few months back at DL, they just had Tron and Cyclone, would be awesome if they got more.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Could just be dead microswitch or bent actuation arm. Single slot coindoor? Not much to do about this on location.
    I would put in some time on Avatar and potc. Avatar is simple but fun if not nasty dirty. POTC I just really like bashing the ship toy.

I have an PotC at my house that's like brand new so really no reason to play this.

IJ4 seems like everything is going half power and ball stuck on upper magnet, real bad. Not fused to the magnet but must be a crater or something as I couldn't shake it loose easily must not be a tilt bob in because I shook the hell out of it just walked away with 2 balls left because it was in such poor shape.

I've played Avatar several times before and each time could not exactly like it, it's ok pinball but not great IMO but I may be down to that, also want to play XM pro since I have the LE to see if it's any better or worse.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Disneyland or Magic Kingdom? A few months back at DL, they just had Tron and Cyclone, would be awesome if they got more.

We are at Disney-world

Last year at DL they have a Tron LE ( quite dirty) but otherwise nice, they could probably sell it more than they collect off it.

#8 9 years ago

I put time in on xm pro last weekend and I am very glad I have the LE. It is nice and flows good. Less chaotic. But also less adrenaline.

Have fun play pin and ride some good coasters

Safe journey

#9 9 years ago

that's a sign from god that you shouldn't be playing pinball at disneyland

#10 9 years ago

1. Vigorously push both coin return buttons in and out a bunch of times. (if you haven't already)
    2. Hope you hit the jackpot on one (or both).

That's about all you can do.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

that's a sign from god that you shouldn't be playing pinball at disneyland

I'd rather be in my man cave than waiting on line forever. I mean it was 75 minutes for Snow White for gods sake.

#12 9 years ago

Are you sure it wasn't an MMR?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Are you sure it wasn't an MMR?

I was gonna say no coin mech because they're too hard to install what with different world markets and all.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I'd rather be in my man cave than waiting on line forever

bummer. i am a big space mountain fan, so i am kinda jealous right now. Long wait on that one, too?

Hope you get to play some avengers, bro.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

bummer. i am a big space mountain fan, so i am kinda jealous right now. Long wait on that one, too?
    Hope you get to play some Avengers, bro.

We had a fast pass, I believe they were long lines. My kids stayed until 2am so they got the 10 minute lines near the end.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

1. Vigorously push both coin return buttons in and out a bunch of times. (if you haven't already)2. Hope you hit the jackpot on one (or both).
    That's about all you can do.

A good solid kick to the center of a coin door without a lock bar across is the standard protocol for this by players at most street locations. Have Mickey do it with his big shoes.

#17 9 years ago

However, I believe Disney must be a good stock to own as they are selling a can of beer at my hotel for $6.75 and an Uncrustable for $4.95.

#18 9 years ago

You know it's bad when I see the dinner bill and think I could buy a color DMD for the same price...

#19 9 years ago

I love disney world...but it's a little crazy you pay $200 for a ticket to the park, and the machines are on coin play.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

However, I believe Disney must be a good stock to own as they are selling a can of beer at my hotel for $6.75 and an Uncrustable for $4.95.

Wife and I love Disney, but good lord those prices. Staying at Boardwalk in October and plan to utilize the grocery store for snacks. Hoping they have a pin or two at the Boardwalk arcade?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

1. Vigorously push both coin return buttons in and out a bunch of times. (if you haven't already)

This did the trick for me when I was there a few weeks ago - a couple of my quarters seemed to really get rejected.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Wife and I love Disney, but good lord those prices. Staying at Boardwalk in October and plan to utilize the grocery store for snacks. Hoping they have a pin or two at the Boardwalk arcade?

My wife went to Target got 24 bottles of water for $3.50 she said one bottle in the park is like $2.50

One day I wanted to buy a can beer at Disneyland hotel was $7 so I couldn't do it, as I could buy a 6-pack for just about the same outside the park.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

This did the trick for me when I was there a few weeks ago - a couple of my quarters seemed to really get rejected.

I'll try that thanks.

Funny the only thing in Disney that doesn't want to take my money.

I cashed in $5 too so I got all these quarters...

#24 9 years ago

Lake Buena Vista Place Hotel in Downtown Disney has your Avengers machine. It works well but is shitly lit (pro) but take a bus or a taxi to it. The Star Trek works flawlessly next to it. I play there regularly, no problems and no one bugs you about staying there.

#25 9 years ago

I was there in May and AV was working fine. It was my first time playing it and I actually enjoyed it. Made me want to try an LE version, which I haven't gotten to yet.

Hope you get to try again before leaving wdw. I'm sure it is blistering hot there at this point, so some time in the a/c at the arcade is a necessity.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Quoted from rai:

You know it's bad when I see the dinner bill and think I could buy a color DMD for the same price...

Those are pretty much typical prices for any higher-end Hotel these days such as Hilton, Marriott, Westin etc. Thank goodness most of the time it's on an expense acCOuNt. When I do vacations, I'll stay for free at one of these places on points but have to pay for food & booze which makes it a lower priced vacation.

#27 9 years ago

Any time you get a "drop straight through" situation where the coin drops directly into the coin return, one of two things has happened :

1) the coin mech is jammed up, and the mech is spread apart as if the return lever is permanently pressed, so the coins drop straight through, bypassing the verification mechanisms
    2) you're inserting the wrong coin, and your coin is smaller than the desired coin (so the coin missed the cradle) ... ie: a .865 namco token in a game designed for quarters

#28 9 years ago

tumblr_ln6snhraqF1qludboo1_500.giftumblr_ln6snhraqF1qludboo1_500.gif

Awwww, the magic of Disney

#29 9 years ago

Got backs to the arcade XM was no longer in service also IJ4 not in service either.

Got to play Avengers pro, was very meh to me. Partly due to having several lights out, cube was sluggish as well as the ball got stuck on the spinning part of the cube. I could not get into it. However the condition of the pin was terrible IMO so it was hard to judge overall.

#30 9 years ago

Even on Avengers Premium, I find myself walking away after 2 games. I just can't get into it. :/

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

Even on Avengers Premium, I find myself walking away after 2 games. I just can't get into it. :/

Tragically, I felt much the same. Avengers is my favorite Marvel Comic and I so wanted the pin to be excellent. It just wasn't. It was actually fairly lame, IMO. I kept trying it, hoping I would warm up to it, but found myself enjoying Star Trek and Mustang much more.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

A good solid kick to the center of a coin door without a lock bar across is the standard protocol for this by players at most street locations.

Please add this ^^^^^^^ to Classic Pinside Lines.
    Having Mr Bally point out (im)proper std street protocol for putting the smack-down on pinball machine that rips you off I find quite funny. Love it.

Quoted from MrBally:

Have Mickey do it with his big shoes.

...and another round of applause for Mr Bally for original ideas. You're on a roll Mr Bally.

1 month later
    #33 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Wife and I love Disney, but good lord those prices. Staying at Boardwalk in October and plan to utilize the grocery store for snacks.

Wife had me buy a bunch of stuff via Amazon and have it shipped there (gotta love Prime!). Saved a TON! Though there is a $5 dollar "handling" fee imposed by disney now on shipped items. It still saved alot of money.

Quoted from rai:

hoping they have a pin or two at the Boardwalk arcade?

Just got back from Disney and luckily there was a Pirates of the Caribbean in the arcade of the Beach Club. It was pretty beat up, and a few things were missing/broken but it still played fairly well. It was literally the only pinball table i found the entire time i was there.

POTCSCORE.jpgPOTCSCORE.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-im-at-disney-and-coin-goes-straight-thru-mech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.