You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61e7d8eedd8b2463f734e65d6578040487e9b0.jpg
gremlins2SPLASH.jpg
CSPin.png
#1 11 years ago

for the first time ever in my own apartment this morning... BECAUSE I OFFICIALLY HAVE MY OWN PINBALL MACHINE!

One of the happiest purchases of my life, hands down. Brought my "new" TMNT pin home last night after buying it about a week ago. Played a million games upon setting it up, fell asleep, then woke up this morning, and the first thing I said to the gf was, "Wanna play a game of pinball?". (And then, of course, we played a few games.)

It only took 3 months from me getting hooked on pinball at a local Chuck-E-Cheese, and now I can literally play a game whenever I want in my own place. I love it.

And I know this game doesn't exactly get a lot of love, but I grew up with the Ninja Turtles, so I couldn't be happier. After playing probably at least 60-100 games on it since last night, I like everything about it. It's a fun pin, despite some of the reviews, and though it's not super deep play-wise, it's absolutely everything I wanted in my first pin.

Just thought I'd share this story of mine

Now, to make room & save for more...

P.S. - Here's a couple pics of the new baby in it's new home in my office, planning on finding all of my old Ninja Turtle toys from years ago and making a little shrine for it

CSPin.pngCSPin.png

#2 11 years ago

W00t!!! Happy new pin day!!!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

for the first time ever in my own apartment this morning...

Quoted from chadsugg:

Now, to make room & save for more...

1. Congratulations!

2. Your apartment neighbors are going to love & adore your new hobby

#4 11 years ago

Congrats! The addiction officially begins....

#5 11 years ago

Even though a game doesn't get a lot of pub on here, that doesn't mean it's not a blast to play.

My 1st pin was No Fear-I thought it was the greatest pin ever.
(Sidenote:I've since sold it, and don't really like it anymore, but that's besides the point!)

#6 11 years ago

Awesome feeling....I remember for about a month after getting my first, I used to actually go downstairs and just stare at it. My wife would come down and look at me like I should be committed. Congrats!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

W00t!!! Happy new pin day!!!

Thanks!

Quoted from fattrain:

1. Congratulations!
2. Your apartment neighbors are going to love & adore your new hobby

Haha, yeah, I live in a duplex, so luckily my office is positioned the farthest as possible from our only connected neighbors. I've already been looking around the web for ways to quiet the mechanics just to be extra sure I don't get a foot up my a$$ from them hearing "TEEN-AGE MUT-ANT NIN-JA TURT-LES!" sang by a machine daily

Or, who knows, maybe one day they'll come over covered in green paint with bandanas featuring cut-out holes around their eyes, beginning me to let them play?

#9 11 years ago

Awesome, congrats and thanks for posting.

Bally Bill

#10 11 years ago

Congrats! My first pin was Police Force, I sold it long ago and had the opportunity to buy it back..so I did. Doesn't get much love in my collection but it's cool to have it back You never forget your first.

#11 11 years ago

Did you grab your 2nd pin yet?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Even though a game doesn't get a lot of pub on here, that doesn't mean it's not a blast to play.
My 1st pin was No Fear-I thought it was the greatest pin ever.
(Sidenote:I've since sold it, and don't really like it anymore, but that's besides the point!)

Definitely. That was one of the things I learned early from pinside... That it's just like any other preferences. Games that I absolutely love, other people would rather set fire to, and vice versa.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Awesome feeling....I remember for about a month after getting my first, I used to actually go downstairs and just stare at it. My wife would come down and look at me like I should be committed. Congrats!

Haha. Yeah, if I were a cartoon character, my catchphrase from the past 24-hours would be, "I'm gonna go stare at my pin."

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Did you grab your 2nd pin yet?

Hahah. This might be my favorite post I've ever seen from this site since joining months ago.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks! I'm so proud to see a little pinball machine beside my name on my forum posts now

#15 11 years ago

Thanks, but seriously this sh*t's like crack...really good crack

#16 11 years ago

Make sure if you move to get on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Moving pins to the first floor simply isn't a fun challenge.

And congrats!

#17 11 years ago

great work! now you're living!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Make sure if you move to get on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Moving pins to the first floor simply isn't a fun challenge.
And congrats!

Lol. Yeah, yesterday was my first time actually moving a pin. I'm definitely not a big guy, "scraggly" would probably be the best way to describe my physique... But it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. That being said, I'm going to need a d*mn weight set, protein powder, & two months of training if I ever have to move one up sets of stairs!

But seriously, was a fairly simple move, and I was all "Man, that wasn't too terribly bad" in my head. Woke up today, and remembered why they make Advil. Sore arm and back muscle city. Ha.

#19 11 years ago

great looking game...looks almost new.. TMNT is a great theme and a cool pin...

#20 11 years ago

nice score chadsugg
- yeah think we all know the feeling
when I worked close would run home and play a few games on my Gorgar at lunch

#21 11 years ago

Cowabunga dude! That's totally gnarly

#22 11 years ago

Awesome! I've never played a TMNT before. It looks to be in amazing shape!

#23 11 years ago

Awesome! Welcome to the club of pin ownership!

#24 11 years ago

Go ninja go ninja GO!

#25 11 years ago

Looks really clean. I was a huge TMNT fan as well.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

great looking game...looks almost new.. TMNT is a great theme and a cool pin...

Yeah, the guy I bought it from had fitted it with LEDs throughout and cleaned it up really well. There are a few things that need to be "tweaked" (some little scratches here and there on the cabinet, and a couple of plastics are broken) but other than that, it runs like a dream so far and I'm really really happy with it's condition.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

nice score chadsugg
- yeah think we all know the feeling
when I worked close would run home and play a few games on my Gorgar at lunch

Ha, yeah, before this, to play pinball at my apartment it had to be on my iPad... Big upgrade

#28 11 years ago

congrats, be careful though, they multiply quickly.....

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Awesome! I've never played a TMNT before. It looks to be in amazing shape!

I had never played one before buying either, which is something I was a bit afraid of.
However, without letting my "OH MY GOD I HAVE A PINBALL MACHINE" excitement get in the way, I can honestly say I enjoy the game a lot.

And actually, the multi-player is really fun too, (and maybe this is on a lot of pins, but I've personally never played one with the feature) because the highest scorer in a multi-player game gets to play a 20 second multi-ball after the game is done, as sort of a victory lap, to add to their score.

#30 11 years ago

Congrats, enjoy it!!

#31 11 years ago

congrats, be careful though, they multiply quickly.....

Yeah, aren't the rules of pinball:
1. No water
2. Don't feed after midnight
3. No bright light

?

gremlins2SPLASH.jpggremlins2SPLASH.jpg

#32 11 years ago

Congratulations! You just took a turn in your life my friend...a good turn. Enjoy the ride. And your new TMNT PIN!

Mike

#33 11 years ago

Yeah man I'm very happy for you!! It's pretty awesome to walk into a room in your place that has a pinball in it. I used to leave mine on and everythime I would go into the bathroom I would walk into the spare bedroom an pretend I was walking into there for the first time. I actually still do. Everythime I get a new pin or swap something out I leave them on.

Don't worry about reviews. Screw Em. If you love it and it makes you happy....run with it. Wizard! Is my favorite game and it gets mixed reviews as well. Have fun... I'm very happy for you

#34 11 years ago

Is your autoplunger intact? If not, you've got your first repair/refurbish to look forward to.

Oh, and congrats on your initiation to the addiction.

Mike O.

#35 11 years ago

Congrats and it looks amazing!

#36 11 years ago

Looks like a nice machine. I only recently bought my first too (and my second a couple weeks later) I'm still in the stage where when I walk in and see mine I still have to pinch myself that I actually have them sitting there ready to play! It's awesome seeing vistors reactions when they walk in and see them as well, lots of people are still surprised and have never thought you can actually own your own pins/arcade machines. Personally I try not to buy pins I haven't played before but a good idea is to set up virtual pinball on your pc so you can at least get some idea of how the game plays even if it's nothing like real pinball.
But I agree, don't worry about the reviews. A lot of them are written by collectors and people who are way into the game when it comes to skills and which machines they like. At the end of the day any pin is still going to be a blast to play and if you do tire of it in a year or so you can always trade it on for a new table.

#37 11 years ago

Congrats! My first pin, SP, also doesn't get much love, but I still enjoy it.

I'm also a huge TMNT fan. Haven't played the pin before, but I keep some artwork near the pins.

61e7d8eedd8b2463f734e65d6578040487e9b0.jpg61e7d8eedd8b2463f734e65d6578040487e9b0.jpg

#38 11 years ago

Congrats on your first pin!!!

#39 11 years ago

...and so it begins, congrats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-woke-up-and-played-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.