(Topic ID: 98206)

So i visited silverball in asbury, my noob thoughts...

By jcar302

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I don't live far, been meaning to go there for some time.
    Been into pins for a while, but all i have is cyclone and high speed so far.
    Only there for a couple hours, which flew by. Wish i went earlier, but it's only 20 minutes away so no big deal.

Got to play some of the pins i read you guys talking about all the time, here are my thoughts.

Wizard of Oz, pretty impressive. Still don't like the theme, but it was cool to play, maybe a little complex for my taste.

Fun house and road show, both seemed similar, fun house almost seemed too easy. My first game ever probably shouldn't have gotten me on the high score list and i may have soaked up over 20 minutes on one single game.
    Road show i felt was a little better. Overall, liked them both, but if i had to wait for someone to finish i may be pissed.

Demolition man seemed like it lacked the polish other pins have, this may be while it sells on the cheaper side of dmds and i see it for sale all the time.

Attack from mars, thought it was kinda fun, not sure it met the hype i was expecting though.

Medieval madness, i enjoyed it, but where it was located the lights above created a little refection and honestly i couldn't tell what the hell was going on, on the top end of the playfield. I think this one like WOZ, needs a couple more plays to get a real feel for.

Indiana Jones, the one with the airplane on the right side, this one i really enjoyed, didn't suspect it. Certainly glad i played.

Now on to my biggest disappointment, as a system 11 fan, i expected alot from pinbot, i've been looking for one for quite a while, barely missed a few on craigs over the last couple months.
    Haven't played it since i was a kid.
    Man, it felt slow as hell, also felt like i was really shooting at nothing.
    Should i have not played anything newer before pinbot? Or is it just as slow as it felt.

I'm not a hardcore player, so take the opinions as such.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-visited-silverball-in-asbury-my-noob-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.