View topic image gallery

image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
20151016_162059.jpg
20151016_154043.jpg
20151016_153120.jpg
20151016_152914.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I teach at a middle school. Tonight was our Halloween Dance/Activity night so I decided to share my passion with the kidos. At all times there were at least 8 kids in line or around the machine. So many told me that not only was it the first time they played, but also the first time they had seen one in person. The only negative comments I got were why didn't I bring more than just the one. One of the best comments I got was "so are all pinball machines interactive?" I asked, "what do you mean". Kid responds "like do they all have stories and things you have to do to get points?" I respond "yes for the most part they do" Kid says "that's cool, so it's not just about keeping the ball up"

20151016_152914.jpg20151016_152914.jpg

20151016_153120.jpg20151016_153120.jpg

20151016_154043.jpg20151016_154043.jpg

20151016_162059.jpg20151016_162059.jpg

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

It's interesting. I see kids play pinball at PPM and Playland all the time. On their own, some get into it and others get bored quickly. But when there's only one or two games and lots of kids, suddenly whoever is playing is the center of attention and they love that!

I think the fact it was a who dunnit helped get the kids involved. Every time they had to choose the suspect, all the kids kept shouting out their guesses. Also, having me there to tell them what to try and shoot for helped.

#16 8 years ago

So I kind of lied in my original post. The best comment was probably the one kid who asked, " so how are they making those things move?" referring to the flippers

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from t2:

You picked a good machine to start kids on. It is not to hard and is easy to follow and understand with long ball times. Well done!
You probably need the pinball break at the end of the day of being around teenagers! Could do it myself.

Honesty when I normally chaperon these things an hour passes and it feels like 3. This time they announced 15 min to the end and I was like, "what??! We just started "

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Just curious -- Had any of the kids ever heard of the theme before?
-mof

Not a one. I had to constantly say " it's kind of like clue". But i did have a few tell me about their one uncle who has an old one in his basement. My response of course was , let me know if he wants to sell it.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Nice. Was this Livonia schools?

Plymouth Canton

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Got to hook 'em young if you still want people playing pinball 20 years from now.

This is the ultimate (and admittedly selfish) reason I did this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 37.50
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-took-one-of-my-pins-to-school-heres-what-happened?tu=tmontana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.