8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12748012_856182741581_7065485563700446566_o_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Personally I think it's better for new players that the game is so brutal. Finally a game that challenges the player to do better, instead of cookiecutter them with showing everything the game has to offer in game 1.

Same here. I like Ghostbusters unconventional layout and multiple interactive toys. There are enough pins out there that just focus on two ramps that return to the flippers and a stationary bash toy. Where's the excitement in that, especially after dropping $5k-$8k? In 2016 pins should be coming with multiple features that interact with the ball and GB has a lot of them. A ramp that drops under the playfield into a ball lock, two scoops, 2 captive ball mechs (one being a 3 ball mech), a Slimer toy that moves to different shots, magnetic slings, a peppers ghost Ecto Goggles toy. Hot damn! lol

I can see GB being a game that people keep in their collections and on location people keep going back to for a long time.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

GB video mode is a perfect fit for the movie, but it slows down the game.
Maybe there could be clues to the correct choice hidden in random animations, and then the video mode is a single pair of cards (or perhaps 3) then you get ball back.
Someone should make a mod where the INCORRECT choice triggers a lockdown bar buzzer to "zap" your hands.

Its true that the video mode does slow the game down but the player also has the choice to cash out and not progress through the video mode. Other video modes in the past didn't give a player a choice whether or not to play it.

I don't think everything in pinball has to be non stop action. Sometimes the coolest things in games are seen or heard when the ball isn't moving (or very little) at all such as a DMD animation + light show for a MB, a physical ball lock + animation / sound, giving the player a choice in a video mode, etc. If done right those elements can add charm to a game and I think the GB video mode does just that. The video mode will be even better when ColorDMD announces support for the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-played-ghostbusters-last-night?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.