8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12748012_856182741581_7065485563700446566_o_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

And enjoyed it! Trent (Tilt) opened up his barn for a few of us! Here's a quick pros/cons list:

Pros:
Artwork looks fantastic - even better in person than in pictures. ZombieYeti did a fantastic job!
Tons of toys packed into the playfield
Solid Trudeau layout, lots of great shots
Slimer raises and lowers, making for an unconventional bash toy.
Right ramp is better than I thought; making the shot never goes all the way around the left ramp, but there are three switches that are used to determine how many ghosts you capture depending on how well you hit the ramp.

Cons:
Software isn't complete, of course.
Video mode (choose a card) scoring is completely broken for now - most scores were under 100m; the one 1b score was all down to video mode
Multiball seems too hard to start (though I think there may be a software hiccup causing multiball to be overridden by another mode; not sure)

Neutral:
Play is fast and brutal! Outlanes are vicious, and the Trudeau flipper gap is in full effect. Good for experienced players, not for new players.

12748012_856182741581_7065485563700446566_o_(resized).jpg12748012_856182741581_7065485563700446566_o_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Is there any challenge to the video mode? On the dead flip stream Dwight said to always choose bacon unless there's a star. That must be preliminary right?

Yeah, I think it has already changed slightly from that. It'll always come down to either memorization or luck, though, so I'm hoping they neuter the values.

Quoted from bb2j3z:

So the pros are already shipping domestically?

These are prototypes or sample games. It sounds like games are shipping mid-April.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12 8 years ago

Shots are tighter than ACDC. Because there are so many shots, there are also plenty of posts and standups that can send a ball straight down the middle. Flipper gap is wider, flippers seem to be at a lower angle. Outlanes are brutal; inlanes have a metal bar a la late 80s/early 90s Gottliebs for the inlane guide, so there's no rubber between the inlane and outlane. B

The right ramp is X-Files tight; I'm not a huge fan of that shot but it works better in practice than I expected. Some of the lower shots are more Walking Dead - the video mode shot on the lower right is at a similar angle to Woodbury, the captive balls are in a comparable location to the TWD drops, the left ramp doesn't feel totally dissimilar.

Comparing it to ACDC, I expect shorter average ball times, due to more chances to brick shots and greater opportunities to drain. I could be way off on that, though; I only got about a dozen games on it.

Quoted from thunderking50:

You say play is Fast and Brutal
Acdc Fast and brutal ? Less or more then acdc ?
Thanks

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if you've played Horde, but it's definately not a straight up video mode.
It's a video mode mode.
The integration of a video mode with actual gameplay elements ads a completely different dimension to both the physical pf and the video. It opens up so much potential. TBH, I don't understand why JJP hasn't implemented some form of video mode with their platform. Especially one that integrates with the pf like in Horde.
Has it been done before TWD?

Yep! Judge Dredd, pursuit mode has you trying to shoot a car during a car chase. Which ramp you shoot is determined by where the car is on the screen

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah so the right ramp is not meant to go around...strange. Great write up Collin thanks.

Not worries! It really threw me off at first, but it's decent. I think that ramp should be 1/16" wider, but it's not awful.

Looking forward to playing it again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-played-ghostbusters-last-night?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.