Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
STLE # 3 (resized).jpg
20180111_193006 (resized).jpg
20180111_192831 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I haven’t owned a pinball since my TSPP which I sold awhile ago. As this is my first NIB pin purchase, I was hoping the kind folks of pinside could help me.

What do I need to order to protect my machine. I ordered the little shop of games 6 piece plastic protector in red, but what else do I need? I don’t even know what cliffys are. Could you post links to everything I need to help reduce tear and wear on my new machine. And also, thanks for your time and patience in helping me!

#2 6 years ago

There are 2 camps usually,
1. Protect the hell out of it
2. Get new balls, keep it waxed and play it.

I'm in camp 2 so I'll let the doomsdayers post everything else, although I would say add a piece of mylar in the shooter lane to make it easier to sell.

Congrats on a NIB!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There are 2 camps usually,
1. Protect the hell out of it
2. Get new balls, keep it waxed and play it.
I'm in camp 2 so I'll let the doomsdayers post everything else, although I would say add a piece of mylar in the shooter lane to make it easier to sell.
Congrats on a NIB!

Camp 2 here.

#4 6 years ago

Camp 2 unless there are known issues (e.g., dialed in SIM card hole.). I have a tspp I bought new in 2003, has zero protection, shows virtually no wear. Keep it waxed, wipe it down periodically and you are good to go.

#5 6 years ago

Cliffys are metal protectors that help stop or cover up wear on places pinball machines get wear. Just google cliffy protectors and email him with your game and he will tell you what he has for Guardians of the Galaxy.
At the very least, I get his shooter lane protector for my new games.

And quality balls.

#6 6 years ago

putty some mylar on the shooter lane and outlane can't hurt.

#7 6 years ago

GOTG LE has metal cliffys installed from stern.
Wait
Perhaps some Mylar near the Groot mouth. And the drop target is not protected. Not sure if they make anything. You should be fine the scoop is the most important and it is covered already. Congrats on your purchase.

20180111_192831 (resized).jpg20180111_192831 (resized).jpg

20180111_193006 (resized).jpg20180111_193006 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I haven’t owned a pinball since my TSPP which I sold awhile ago. As this is my first NIB pin purchase, I was hoping the kind folks of pinside could help me.
What do I need to order to protect my machine. I ordered the little shop of games 6 piece plastic protector in red, but what else do I need? I don’t even know what cliffys are. Could you post links to everything I need to help reduce tear and wear on my new machine. And also, thanks for your time and patience in helping me!

You are off to a great start .
Protect (Shooter Lane ) # 1 Mylar or 3 mil self adhesive laminating sheets cut a template and fit. I wish I would have done this with my first pinball machine 25 years ago. STLE after 800 plays
# 2 Blitz Wax" an authentic original, is the ultimate in Carnauba Paste Wax. Each jar is carefully handcrafted today the same traditional way it has been for over 55 years, and by the same family that founded ONE GRAND in Hollywood in 1933.
http://www.onegrand.com/paint-care.html

STLE # 3 (resized).jpgSTLE # 3 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Congratulations on your new pin!

As a minimum, we install a full set of Cliffys on every machine. Last time I spoke with Cliffy, he did not have anything available for GOTG yet. We use these things as well. https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-shooter-lane-protector.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

Cliffy is a gentleman and excellent to deal with.

Good luck and happy flipping!

#10 6 years ago

Congrats on your new pin, looks fantastic. I'm in camp 2.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congratulations on your new pin!
As a minimum, we install a full set of Cliffys on every machine. Last time I spoke with Cliffy, he did not have anything available for GOTG yet. We use these things as well. https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-shooter-lane-protector.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
Cliffy is a gentleman and excellent to deal with.
Good luck and happy flipping!

I checked out the plastic shooter lane link. Due the thickness of shooter lane protector does it effect the pinball trajectory . The site only shows a partial photo . Would you post one of your pinball at a wider/longer photo . Thanks

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I checked out the plastic shooter lane link. Due the thickness of shooter lane protector does it effect the pinball trajectory . The site only shows a partial photo . Would you post one of your pinball at a wider/longer photo . Thanks

Hey Rob,

They do not affect the pinball trajectory if you adjust the auto plunger and shooter Rod after you install them. We have them on nearly every machine and in most cases fitted over the Cliffy s. They are a lot quicker and easier to install that Cliffy s however not as good as protecting against chipping as Cliffys. (My opinion). I put one on MET because I accidentally bent the Cliffy. That shooter lane has over 2000 games on it. If you would like more photos just let me know!

Happy Flipping!

Cheers

Con

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

Camp 2 here also. I put removable mylar in the shooter lane where the ball kicks out and the drain hole area and anywhere else if I feel it's needed and play the hell out of it and have fun! GOTG is a great game, congrats!!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I put removable mylar

Where does one get this product?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Where does one get this product?

This is what i bought and it seems to work very well. Ive never had a piece come off yet from gameplay but it will peel right off if you want it to.

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Repositionable-Adhesive-Backed-Cutters-Punches/dp/B013Z7DZA6/ref=sr_1_4

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-ordered-a-gotg-le-need-your-help?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.