(Topic ID: 30389)

So I made a trip to the pinball store this weekend (Automated Services)

By Whridlsoncestood

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hoby1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from gyerfat:

i took a trip out there yesterday for the first time. they had so many games to play on site that i was overwhelmed on what to buy. the guy there didn't pressure me and answered every question i had. i was there for 2 hours played probably 30 different games before i decided on what to buy. they were extremely nice and had no idea i was going to even buy something. we came to an agreement on price which was a lot lower that he was asking, so you can haggle. and even if the price was still higher than i can get on ebay they provide 30 day warranty and free lifetime support. they have a storefront and big warehouse. they are in business to make money not to give shit away. its a shame people just bash away on the internet

It's nice that you wanted to share your feelings on a great experience at Automated. But you should have started a whole new one instead of resurrecting a dead thread. A new thread would've been a lot more positive.

That said, it's nice to see the original thread poster (Whridlsoncestood) who is as nice a guy as you will ever find in the hobby or otherwise, come back in and say some kind and honest words about Mike the owner.

For those that don't know, Mike has done more for this hobby than most could begin to imagine. He's a great guy with an amazing passion for the hobby and we need more like him in it.

As others have correctly stated, store prices on used machines are always going to be priced higher because of all the overhead involved. And don't forget, they put a lot of work into their machines to get them ready for sale, and when one of their machines sell, you can rest assured that it is going to run properly. And if you got it home and there was a problem, I'm sure they'd come out and fix it for you as well.

So again, Mike has made changes and will only get better. He's a great people person and will be at Pintastic in July. If anyone wants to talk shop with him, I'm sure he'd love that so be sure to say hi as well as thank you for all the awesome stuff he does for this hobby. Trust me, Mike does stuff that he'll never publicly talk about regardless of what anyone says about him. That's class!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from gyerfat:

i guess its my fault for resurrecting this thread, as i said i am new to forums and didnt realize how old this thread was. i just searched the store here and found bad reviews and wanted to share my experience. lesson learned.

No worries bro. Your new and everyone understands.

Just don't let it happen again. LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-made-a-trip-to-the-pinball-store-this-weekend-automated-services?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.