(Topic ID: 307958)

So I'm gonna say it...new people getting into the hobby...has some downsides!

By DakotaMike

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220114-195642-851 (resized).png
    Asset_Get-Off-My-Lawn-300x200 (resized).png
    57B84FC2-62F8-450E-9DFB-3C873644B964 (resized).jpeg
    33BCF39A-750D-4F84-AD54-0424B3116961 (resized).jpeg
    Russell Crowe Koala.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-111715-926 (resized).png
    a0e5b5f396f550d38ae790f73771ecf123fa0a0e.gif
    Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220114_004726 (resized).jpg
    D6EEB3C9-E877-4DAF-B474-4FE1A9488438 (resized).jpeg
    BDF48AF6-C78F-47B9-90B0-5A0154C5F078 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220113_233226 (resized).jpg
    CF2CABD2-87FE-4332-B7A8-16E7FBC3D259.gif
    PinballNoobs.gif
    newpople (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 2 years ago

The more the merrier. Jump in, the waters warm.

I don’t care if I completely get priced out and have to sell all my games. The best parts of this hobby are the people.

#175 2 years ago

We just need all the supply chains to come back. None of these manufacturers are operating anywhere near full capacity.

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Supposedly Stern is back to pre-covid production levels.

No they aren’t. They are nowhere near 115 games a day. Their backlog is 100% due to supply chain issues. Probably staffing issues too. Hard to find people.

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oh really? I'll take your word for it Erik, you're definitely more in the know than me. I do remember George saying the production thing in a recent interview. I'll track it down when I get a chance. But yeah, I never considered that George would mislead about Stern's numbers. But its certainly possible.

Just think about it. Doesn’t it seem clear that people aren’t getting games as fast as they normally do? Pinball isn’t immune to all the things plaguing like every manufacturer in the US.

If they were at full capacity and supply chains weren’t effed then distros wouldn’t be getting shorted on literally every order they try to make. Everyone is getting less than what they typically get.

Demand doesn’t explode overnight. Our hobby didn’t quadruple in a year. It more than likely has been at a steady increase like it has been. Couple that with a steep decline in supply, and here we are.

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

All the more reason for Stern to STOP RELEASING NEW TITLES until they catch up a bit!

And lay off all the developers and designers? Not a chance. And no there isn’t enough work for them. They start new games at least a year before they come out.

Things will catch up once supply chains are back to normal. It’s like this in every industry. Stern makes the games they can make. They aren’t making the games they can’t.

Demand hasn’t increased as much as you think it has. Supply has taken a nose dive however.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Okay, but it takes months or sometimes years for code to get finished. So for sure the coders could keep working during an extended delay. I mean GZ is still only .85 and it came out in Sep. Granted it's a great .85, but still. So obviously, the coders could use the time. I acknowledge that keeping pf designers busy wouldn't be quite so simple. But they could easily keep knocking out whitewoods if they really had to.
    Plus, look at JJP. Eric and Pat go like 3 years between games. They must be doing something everyday. And you're telling me that John, Keith, Jack, and Brian can't busy themselves for 6 months? No way, I don't buy it.

I know it seems simple to you, but you’re looking at this all wrong. It is simple, it just not for the reason you want it to be.

Supply chains are effed. Stern isn’t changing unless they are forced to. Full steam ahead. Rerun games when they can, release new games on schedule. Raise prices while the demand allows for it.

Stopping any of this to appease cranky collectors? Why?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-m-gonna-say-itnew-people-getting-into-the-hobby-is-bad?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.