(Topic ID: 17918)

So I just bought a TF:LE ... am I crazy?

By pinball_customs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tfle.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Trading my TFTC + cash for a TF:LE this weekend. The deal is done.. and from what I've played of the game (which isn't much), I haven't much enjoyed it, but I'm a HUGE Transformers fan so I figured what the heck.

That said though, there's one more software update rumoured to be on the horizon.. if Lyman has anything to do with it, hopefully it will be a polished gem.

Am I nuts for doing this? I just hope TF:LE doesn't go the way of Avatar LE or TRS LE.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Lonnie works on Transformers not Lyman.

I know.. just hoping Lyman gets interested in the game like he has with Tron.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Unless you're asking yourself whether it was a good deal financially ... and you've got plenty of pricing resources available now and in the future.

Well.. I'm not looking for an "investment" pin here but I don't want to lose my shirt either lol

It's a unique pin, that's for sure.. and it'll give me a chance to work on a solution for Megatron's missing head. THAT drives me nuts..

This game would also be 100 times better without Mudflap and Skids on it. heh

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

The more i play it the more l like it.

That's what I'm figuring.. having Peter Cullen doing Prime as well as the classic theme song on a pinball game is enough to warrant the purchase for me. Just wish he did the other callouts as well

#43 11 years ago

Well! I got it home.. very happy!! It was on route at a local coffee shop (~2600 plays), and it's still in great shape... minus the cab decals around the legs. YIKES! Stern used the cheapest material they could find to make these decals that's for sure.. WMS Repro decals these are not.

Still, very happy with the trade! Never thought I'd own this game... I'm enjoying it a lot more since the Power Pack fixes for sure.

tfle.jpgtfle.jpg

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Did you have to make any small repairs?

Nope! Jason at the Pinball Cafe in Toronto babies his machines like any other collector.. they all get weekly cleanings. In fact, this thing's pretty comparable to HUO.. minus the crinkled decals by the legs (which is common anyway).

I did add some leg protectors to stop any further damage and hide what's already been done. I did the Pincab protectors with felt between the plastic and the cab itself. looks much better

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-just-bought-a-tfle-am-i-crazy?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.