(Topic ID: 17918)

So I just bought a TF:LE ... am I crazy?

By pinball_customs

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinball_customs
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tfle.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Trading my TFTC + cash for a TF:LE this weekend. The deal is done.. and from what I've played of the game (which isn't much), I haven't much enjoyed it, but I'm a HUGE Transformers fan so I figured what the heck.

That said though, there's one more software update rumoured to be on the horizon.. if Lyman has anything to do with it, hopefully it will be a polished gem.

Am I nuts for doing this? I just hope TF:LE doesn't go the way of Avatar LE or TRS LE.

#2 7 years ago

No, you are probably not crazy, you are just Canadian...

Most people who are crazy don't realize it, or even question themselves about it.

#3 7 years ago

great deal, you will happily suprised! A true shotmaker's machine though, very difficult. Despite a
    a few glitches here and there and much undeserved negative press from many folks who have never played an LE machine, It is really one of Sterns best efforts.

p

#4 7 years ago

It's a fun game but i hope you like getting your a$$ kicked.

#5 7 years ago

TF is a great game and don't let the haters bring you down. I am not saying it's the best game ever but it's far from a turd. Most people got them thinking that price would jump like BSM and Tron LE and they would be sitting on a gold mine. Now that people are dumping them at cheap prices everyone thinks it sucks. Once the game gets in the right peoples hands it will get the respect it deserves.

#6 7 years ago

Lonnie works on transformers not Lyman.

#7 7 years ago

I really like mine. Is it Stern's best machine? No. But I like mine and having the two different rulesets depending on which faction you choose is a nice touch. The core gameplay is the same as far as advancing through the game, but the modes are different, and even the MBs are different depending on the faction chosen.

As far as the code change I have heard that too, but from what I know it's not going to be a major update. I also don't think Lyman will have anything to do with it.

#8 7 years ago

Ultimately, it's up to YOU to decide whether it was a good deal or not. Depends how much you enjoyed TFTC and how much you will be enjoying TF: LE.

Unless you're asking yourself whether it was a good deal financially ... and you've got plenty of pricing resources available now and in the future.

#9 7 years ago

Not crazy. Its all I have been playing at home for the past couple weeks. Fun pin.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Lonnie works on Transformers not Lyman.

I know.. just hoping Lyman gets interested in the game like he has with Tron.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Unless you're asking yourself whether it was a good deal financially ... and you've got plenty of pricing resources available now and in the future.

Well.. I'm not looking for an "investment" pin here but I don't want to lose my shirt either lol

It's a unique pin, that's for sure.. and it'll give me a chance to work on a solution for Megatron's missing head. THAT drives me nuts..

This game would also be 100 times better without Mudflap and Skids on it. heh

#12 7 years ago

Yes you're crazy, I would have gotten rid of the game entirely for something else...transformers fan or not, I think the game is "meh" at best..

#13 7 years ago

It's a fun game, and the cabinet is a nice addition to any game room. Congrats

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Trading my TFTC + cash for a TF:LE this weekend. The deal is done.. and from what I've played of the game (which isn't much), I haven't much enjoyed it, but I'm a HUGE Transformers fan so I figured what the heck.
    That said though, there's one more software update rumoured to be on the horizon.. if Lyman has anything to do with it, hopefully it will be a polished gem.
    Am I nuts for doing this? I just hope TF:LE doesn't go the way of Avatar LE or TRS LE.

I had one, and I LOVED IT. Great game! Awesome sound and lights. Unique toys and just plain fun. Don't over analyze it, it's pinball and a fantastic one at that.

#15 7 years ago

I dont have an LE but the pro...and..i love it. Its a one more game machine. People who dont have it, do not give it the respect it deserves..great pin and you will not be sorry.

#16 7 years ago

Brock Lyman hates the game. Gomez/Ropp stnad on there own for that one. COming from a person who has spent countless hours on the phone with Ropp and Gomez dont expect a change. The last update was only rumored and it was started by me. Why? Because ropp told me "ONE DAY HE WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK AND....." So thats where that came from.
    I can safely say between myself and Rarehero there is nobody who ahs been in touch with these two on the phone and via emails more than us. We where both very active with ropp/gomez
    As it stands both gomez and ropp think the game is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It is fun though and do enjoy.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lyman hates the game.

more or less than CFTBL?

#18 7 years ago

He told me the game was work for him to play...does that say enough for you lol.

#19 7 years ago

I haven't much enjoyed it, but I'm a HUGE Transformers fan so I figured what the heck.

Same here! The first 20-30 games i really couldn't get into it. Even thought about selling it. Coming from an uber geek TF fan that says alot.
    But long story short, i love it now! Uterly addictive stuff.

#20 7 years ago

Hey if you like it, enjoy...who cares what anyone else thinks.

I *WISH* TFLE went the way of Avatar LE... i.e. smoother shooting & MORE FUN. I got rid of my TFLE but still have my Avatar LE. I even think Stones is more fun than TF...only played the Pro version on that one, though.

#21 7 years ago

I doubt you will lose money, but I also doubt you will make bundles of cash on it anytime soon. Personally I think it's one of Stern's best - right up there with TSPP and LOTR. I don't regret buying mine at all.

#22 7 years ago

TFLE is a great pin!

#23 7 years ago

You're crazy. But not for that pin purchase.

#24 7 years ago

Not crazy at all....I am am huge G1 fan(along with my 2 boys) and hope to be able to grab an LE or Pro when I get the chance...

#25 7 years ago

I like TF. Don't listen to the haters.

#26 7 years ago

Not crazy if you enjoy the game. Even if you end up not liking it, you can always swap it out for something else if it comes to that. In the meantime enjoy your new pin!

#27 7 years ago

wish I could trade a few of my pins for a TFLE..I am a fan

#28 7 years ago

Trading my TFTC + cash for a TF:LE this weekend.

Hey, just curious are you willing to sell any of your other machines? I am in Toronto too. I would've loved to have bought your TFTC from you.

#29 7 years ago

My questions was. I just sold TF LE was I crazy? It is a great game. It gets much undeserved crap and I don't get it. If I had more space it would not be gone.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

My questions was. I just sold TF LE was I crazy? It is a great game. It gets much undeserved crap and I don't get it. If I had more space it would not be gone.

Oh sure now you are having second thoughts, It is going to a good home, you can play it any time you are in the area.

#31 7 years ago

The more i play it the more l like it.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

That's what I'm figuring.. having Peter Cullen doing Prime as well as the classic theme song on a pinball game is enough to warrant the purchase for me. Just wish he did the other callouts as well

#33 7 years ago

I think TFLE is a good game, and I'd buy one at todays price if I had the space and money. Of course it would have to be at the prices they are selling for now (Less than 5300 for a LE, etc.)

#34 7 years ago

I would love to own one, if i have the cash for that one, i really enjoyed playing it.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I thought you sold yours shortly after getting it?

#36 7 years ago

I love the game, way better than tftc in my opinion, you will love it

#37 7 years ago

After reading all the bad comments I would have said no to buying it but after playing it I said yes, yes, yes : )

#38 7 years ago

Hey! I worked right here from 1987 1993 http://goo.gl/maps/gS7O
    at the Air Traffic Control Center....

#39 7 years ago

I know it well. 5 minutes from my house.
    What happened, got tired of traffic jams and moved west? : )

#40 7 years ago

From Des Moines (Pleasant Hill) got offered a trade to Chicago area and worked there (Aurora) 1993 2007. When I was working in Leesburg, I live in Middletown, MD. The traffic was minimal that direction. Thank God!

#41 7 years ago

Yeah, Brock, you're nuts.

#42 7 years ago

from what I've played of the game (which isn't much), I haven't much enjoyed it

I would not worry too much about that, as you have said you love the theme. This is one of those games that will humble you the first few dozen times you play it. Then something clicks, you get better, and the fun factor rockets up. It really surprised me.

#43 7 years ago

Well! I got it home.. very happy!! It was on route at a local coffee shop (~2600 plays), and it's still in great shape... minus the cab decals around the legs. YIKES! Stern used the cheapest material they could find to make these decals that's for sure.. WMS Repro decals these are not.

Still, very happy with the trade! Never thought I'd own this game... I'm enjoying it a lot more since the Power Pack fixes for sure.

tfle.jpg

#44 7 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. Pretty fortunate to find a LE in the wild, and in good condition. Anything on route here is always the standard edition, and usually not working all that great. Did you have to make any small repairs?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Did you have to make any small repairs?

Nope! Jason at the Pinball Cafe in Toronto babies his machines like any other collector.. they all get weekly cleanings. In fact, this thing's pretty comparable to HUO.. minus the crinkled decals by the legs (which is common anyway).

I did add some leg protectors to stop any further damage and hide what's already been done. I did the Pincab protectors with felt between the plastic and the cab itself. looks much better

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 219.00
    $ 18.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 208.87
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside