You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Liberty Bell.jpg
P1010602.JPG
P1010600.JPG
P1010586.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

...and I love them! I certainly wouldn't do this all the time but for this game, it just works. Liberty Bell is, obviously, a bi-centennial celebration design from 1977. The flasher effects kinda look like fireworks going off.

I replaced all the solid red posts with transparent ones. Clear for the slings and center, red for the left side and blue for the right.

I installed three Cointaker white post flashers in four areas of the game. So a total of twelve altogether. Each set of three fire off of the DC powered slings or pop bumpers.

Since the slings have clear posts they're pretty bright. The red and blue posts near the pops make them a bit more subdued. Disregard the frosted single LED's in the photos. They were pretty dull and I didn't like the peach like color they put off. I changed the GI to Pinball Life 3-LED warm whites. Inserts are mostly incandescents due to flicker and the back box GI are incandescents as well.

I uploaded two short videos to tinypic since I don't have a youtube account.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2v3n7ux%3E&s=8#.VDckJijYtHt
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=103hea9%3E&s=8#.VDckzijYtHs

Now for all you curmudgeons, everything I've done is easily reversible. I cleaned and kept all the old posts and the flashers can be desoldered. Like I said, I love them. Makes a OK game that's not that popular much cooler.

P1010586.JPGP1010586.JPG
P1010600.JPGP1010600.JPG
P1010602.JPGP1010602.JPG

#3 9 years ago

I still think the lighting looks pretty natural with LED's in the playfield GI. Maybe a little brighter than a 44 but, I like it.
Liberty Bell.jpgLiberty Bell.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-installed-flashers-in-an-em?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.