(Topic ID: 91384)

So I Ignored My First Pinsider Today.....

By pinnyheadhead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

We will bury you!.jpg
    douchebag-merit-badges.jpg
    8_418351.gif
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Every time I do this I go "oh yeah, that's why I ignored that dumb motherf***er in the first place".

I've done this as well. I've only put a couple of people on ignore. Each time I've thought to myself "Is this guy still a complete asshole?" and read the posts. Without a doubt, the answer is always a resounding yes. (Although I'm sure others have felt the same way about me)

#52 9 years ago

USA! USA! USA!!!

#53 9 years ago

seeing a most ignored user count would be a nice data point for CenterFlanks DB meter...

#54 9 years ago

Ignore doesn't work IMO. What would be better is to be able to block them from posting on your own threads..

#55 9 years ago

I still think Jayhawkeye's idea of vote off a pinsider is the most brilliant idea ever proposed in these forums.

Quoted from Whysnow:

seeing a most ignored user count would be a nice data point for CenterFlanks DB meter...

That would help, I already have an idea who is the most ignored.

#56 9 years ago

who?

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I still think Jayhawkeye's idea of vote off a pinsider is the most brilliant idea ever proposed in these forums.

That would help, I already have an idea who is the most ignored.

Way too many DB's to vote off, would take years! Who, what, where?

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Great post, keep it up Aurich! Is there any doubt that the lifers would show up for this one…….after all, a consistent "forum fanatic"…………can somebody whine to the mod's about the vulgar cursing reference? One of the worst!

I see Iceman has been drinking again.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I see Iceman has been drinking again.

Seriously? ……... You and Aurich don't need any more thumb uppers? Hehe

Awful, hypocritical BS…….. Fanatics!

Heat and Spurs?

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Way too many DB's to vote off, would take years!

No reason we cant get to it.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

No reason we cant get to it.

F it, I might even vote myself off……after about 500 or so? Hehe…….Let's work a vote….

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I might even vote myself off

Well, you should with your pretend games in current collection. Hey, you never pm'd about your DB'ery rating, dont you want to know?

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Well, you should with your pretend games in current collection. Hey, you never pm'd about your DB'ery rating, dont you want to know?

I play my pretend games in my mind all the time! I already know I'm at the top of the heap in DB rating….aren't you guys watching the Fargo, Wisconsin finale on FX? Hehe

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I already know I'm at the top of the heap in DB rating

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Heat and Spurs?

Yep.

The way the Pacers completely self disintegrated in the last 4 minutes of the game tonight was a perfect example of why they won't beat the Heat.

Thunder match up well against Spurs though. That series could go 7 games.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

» YouTube video

I'm not nearly as fat as that guy, sorry, but I'll give it a 10 too!

If that's DB then I'm good with it, nothing wrong with country red neck…..

I'm going to take a leak and then concentrate on Fargo……….I can't post any more intelligence

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yep.
    The way the Pacers completely self disintegrated in the last 4 minutes of the game tonight was a perfect example of why they won't beat the Heat.
    Thunder match up well against Spurs though. That series could go 7 games.

Amazingly, everybody here in SA thinks its all over after one game without Ibaka and there is no way OKC can beat the Spurs…..Spurs are great but I think OKC makes adjustments for game 2.

Either way, a great finals is brewing!

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I want to know mine in public. Have at it Flank!

#69 9 years ago

Reminds me of... http://bash.org/?4281

Luke

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Amazingly, everybody here in SA thinks its all over after one game without Ibaka and there is no way OKC can beat the Spurs…..Spurs are great but I think OKC makes adjustments for game 2.
    Either way, a great finals is brewing!

Losing Ibaka was huge, and it definitely increases the chances of Spurs winning that series, but OKC still has plenty of weapons that the Spurs have to deal with. Couldn't believe how many points the Spurs scored in game 1, and I can't help but think it wouldn't have been like that if OKC had Ibaka.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I want to know mine in public. Have at it Flank!

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

» YouTube video

Your grading on a curve though....right? Wait a second, you gave yourself a 7.

#73 9 years ago

work in progress...
    help me centerside-flankify the rest of these. need a merit badge council.
    once completed/approved, you can then distribute them as you see fit.
    will be selling douchy sashes on etsy soon. taking pre-orders now. send $1,000 paypal gift-only to [email protected]

douchebag-merit-badges.jpgdouchebag-merit-badges.jpg

#74 9 years ago

I don't have anyone on my "ignore" list. Only got friends here. One of the (many) advantages of being French??

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 month later
    #76 9 years ago

I haven't ignored anyone. I like it when I discover someone is a bigger jerk than me.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I wish you could see in your "my pinside" section how many people or who has you on ignore. Its only fair that the ignored person should be able to reciprocate if desired.
    I bet there are some people that actually have me on ignore, I know that just sounds silly. Megan agrees.

Quoted from Whysnow:

both of these features existed for a while on another board i post on, and it was a total disaster that only led to more drama. it became a way to shame, bully, and get back at posters and increased levels of retaliation and attempts to circumvent it, leading to more fake accounts, more long, long drama threads, and more personal grudges. it's better to keep the list only visible to the person doing the ignoring, rather than turning it into an active, visible slight on the person being ignored. it should be a tool to make less drama, not more, in my opinion.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

both of these features existed for a while on another board i post on, and it was a total disaster that only led to more drama. it became a way to shame, bully, and get back at posters and increased levels of retaliation and attempts to circumvent it, leading to more fake accounts, more long, long drama threads, and more personal grudges.

I think we are pretty much there already but I get your point.

Edit----By the way-----I bought a game over a month ago and finally got it into my house yesterday, THEN I added it to my current collection. NOT a month ago, jus saying......

#79 9 years ago

What did this individual do that was so bad that you felt you needed to ignore this person ?

#80 9 years ago

I unignored the Pinsider. Looking again, I agree with him a lot more than not. It was a mistake. Free country - free speech.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Edit----By the way-----I bought a game over a month ago and finally got it into my house yesterday, THEN I added it to my current collection. NOT a month ago, jus saying......

...?

#83 9 years ago

Flank...with all due respect, we've been through this before. You and I agree on a lot, but not on this one. If you have bought a pre-order but don't physically have the game, it's still technically part of your collection. When you bought that game last month, it was part of your collection (it may have been getting restored, cleaned, etc....who cares?). If you buy a machine and lend it to a friend, even though it's not in your house, it's still part of your collection. Why the hangup with when a machine is added to your collection on Pinside?

(I'm not trying to climb your DB rankings, BTW...I just genuinely don't understand and/or agree with you.)

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I unignored the Pinsider. Looking again, I agree with him a lot more than not. It was a mistake. Free country - free speech.

Even if I ever ignore someone again I wouldn't do a post about it. Live and learn.

#85 9 years ago

Yeah, that wasnt directed at you, just a general comment.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Flank...with all due respect, we've been through this before. You and I agree on a lot, but not on this one. If you have bought a pre-order but don't physically have the game, it's still technically part of your collection. When you bought that game last month, it was part of your collection (it may have been getting restored, cleaned, etc....who cares?). If you buy a machine and lend it to a friend, even though it's not in your house, it's still part of your collection. Why the hangup with when a machine is added to your collection on Pinside?

No sweat, I just find it amusing people list Jpop games in their current collection and Hobbit, I have a Hobbit pre-order and it sits in my wish list. It obviously makes zero difference in the big picture but I just imagine Iceman playing his imaginary games while watching the Spurs win repeated championships!!!!

And yes your DB rating is super hi now.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

No sweat, I just find it amusing people list Jpop games in their current collection and Hobbit, I have a Hobbit pre-order and it sits in my wish list. It obviously makes zero difference in the big picture but I just imagine Iceman playing his imaginary games while watching the Spurs win repeated championships!!!!
    And yes your DB rating is super hi now.

Well, okay! JPop, I understand, since the chances of actually seeing one of his games finished may be close to nil. But JJP has actually finished a game and has shown that they're pretty much on schedule for getting Hobbit out. I think it's a safe bet you can add it to your collection. And congrats on getting one...it looks like it's gonna be killer.

Much Love,
    Your Favorite DB.

#87 9 years ago

To me ordering an IM from stern or lending a game to friend equate to two games I own and can have in my home anytime soon.
    JPOP and hobbit are not in that is same category. It's a grey line but it's there.

#88 9 years ago

All my pins are in storage in Fargo, North Dakota. I'll look for that option in the pinside menu. It's probably next to the 'Sorry I Gave You Herpes' card at Hallmark.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Thanks for unignoring me!

#90 9 years ago

I actually made a comment recently to an ( un named) Pinsider, citing I thought his remarks were a little excessive towards another Pinsider I knew on a thread.

The guy actually pm'd me, asking " which side I was on, as I could make or bury" him. Really caught me off guard.

I replied that I'm pretty mellow on the site, and not on anyone's side. He later apologized on Pinside, and deleted the post that got me a little discouraged.

This looks like a good thread to post this activity on, to see if it's commonplace, or not ( don't want to high jack the thread, but similar theme here). Hoping not, as I like following/ posting, but getting personal seems a bit over the line....thanks....mark

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually made a comment recently to an ( un named) Pinsider, citing I thought his remarks were a little excessive towards another Pinsider I knew on a thread.
    The guy actually pm'd me, asking " which side I was on, as I could make or bury" him. Really caught me off guard.
    I replied that I'm pretty mellow on the site, and not on anyone's side. He later apologized on Pinside, and deleted the post that got me a little discouraged.
    This looks like a good thread to post this activity on, to see if it's commonplace, or not ( don't want to high jack the thread, but similar theme here). Hoping not, as I like following/ posting, but getting personal seems a bit over the line....thanks....mark

Btw, haven't ignored anyone, and think I'm only on CF's " bad picture posting" list.....

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for unignoring me!

What did you just post?

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

The guy actually pm'd me, asking " which side I was on, as I could make or bury" him.

sounds like a bad case of taking pinside too seriously. glad to hear whoever it was thought better of it later.

#94 9 years ago

We will bury you!.jpgWe will bury you!.jpg

11 months later
    #95 8 years ago

Thanks Robin for implementing this feature. Makes Pinside a much better experience.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, okay! JPop, I understand, since the chances of actually seeing one of his games finished may be close to nil.

Hahahahaha, it's funny looking back at this post because it actually happened
    BTW beelzeboob is also a part time psychic. He predicted this and the lastest colour of Katie Perrys hair.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-ignored-my-first-pinsider-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.