(Topic ID: 91384)

So I Ignored My First Pinsider Today.....

By pinnyheadhead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

We will bury you!.jpg
    douchebag-merit-badges.jpg
    8_418351.gif
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

It felt good.

#2 9 years ago

Congrats! I enjoy that feature myself.

#3 9 years ago

I wouldn't ignore you davewth, you are semi-insightful.

#4 9 years ago

I've never hit the ignore button on anybody. For me it kind of defeats the purpose of a free and open exchange of ideas which is the purpose of a forum I think.

#5 9 years ago

Well f#ck you too. ( Sorry,... I was shooting for 1st,...guess I'll settle for 2nd. )
    Lol. I kid...I kid...

#6 9 years ago

Anybody else see a blank first post in this thread?

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

What?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Funny. If I ignored you I would not have bought a Megatouch from you though.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've never hit the ignore button on anybody. For me it kind of defeats the purpose of a free and open exchange of ideas echo is the purpose of a forum I think.

But freedom is choosing who to associate with as well. If a person posts crap that gets you down, why put up with it?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Funny. If I ignored you I would not have bought a Megatouch from you though.

Just messin' with ya Greg. Hope you're enjoying that Megatouch, by the way.

On topic though, I haven't had to ignore anyone. Fortunately, those that I may eventually be tempted to ignore become banned...

#11 9 years ago

I didn't have anyone on ignore to start, but eventually I got tired of listening to some people just trying to press other people's buttons without adding anything to the forum. Put them on ignore and it's made browsing the forums a lot more enjoyable.

#12 9 years ago

Is that why I never hear from any of you guys?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've never hit the ignore button on anybody. For me it kind of defeats the purpose of a free and open exchange of ideas echo is the purpose of a forum I think.

Yeah, I agree freedom is good, but after a long time hobbyist I know wants to leave the hobby after 20+ years and sell his collection without a back and forth forum positive - negative fest, the Pinsider says "if you can't handle it then it is time for you to leave the hobby then". Then he was posting something about IM is not for "pussies". I am even pretty good at the faster Stern games, but that's absurd. I am sure Blondetall and all the other great women Pinsiders appreciated that line.

He has the freedom to post and I have the freedom to ignore, USA! USA!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Is that why I never hear from any of you guys?

What?

#15 9 years ago

Why are all of Mr68's posts blank ?

LTG : )™

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Why are all of Mr68's posts blank ?

Plonk!

Cody 68

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Plonk!

Cody 68

Now that was funny !

Your investing in that mail order sense of humor course finally paid off.

#19 9 years ago

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

But freedom is choosing who to associate with as well. If a person posts crap that gets you down, why put up with it?

There's a guy on here that I know put me on ignore for a joke I made--one!--that offended him. I don't ignore him or anybody else because frequently those people who piss you off once can be the ones who help you out with a future problem. It's like politics...although I may get pissed about what the other side is saying, I still want to hear their opinion. I'm intellectually honest enough that sometimes I actually agree with them. (I actually had one guy on this site that pissed me off good recently...gave me a pretty good ball busting...but was the most helpful with a problem I had). Nobody gets ignored by me.

#21 9 years ago

i forgot that feature exists.

there's only a couple folks i'd consider using it on, but i'd rather know of their trouble-making than not know...
    oh well

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Plonk!
    Cody 68

Can't help but wonder what percentage of Pinsiders got this reference.

#24 9 years ago

It's easier to scroll past a single line that says "ignored user" than it is 4 paragraphs of nonsensical rambling in every post.

#25 9 years ago

I had one person on ignore once when I first joined, for posting the same old thing in FS threads mainly, but...

a) kept seeing the blank ignored post thing which annoyed me more that the poster did I think
    b) realized that said person was posting a lot of good stuff as well as some repetitive drivel (after un-ignoring of course). Also realized that the person was trolling in quite an intelligent fashion and almost amusingly at times.
    c) as has been mentioned by others I am not a fan of censorship, I can just self ignore and skip past posts these days and if on ignore who knows what gems you are missing

Not sure what the etiquette here is for this so congrats Op on your first Ignore

#26 9 years ago

ignored user

#27 9 years ago

Man, I've got 12 on ignore, and never looked back. Don't even see the tiny ignore line in posts, only really realize there is an ignored comment when someone else quotes them, and it's usually in response to some derailment in a thread, so I know I could care less.

Most of mine spawned from the WOZ derailments, so it wouldn't be hard to guess a few. I love the feature - one click and they fail to exist to you.

#28 9 years ago

I put myself on ignore. It was the best thing to happen to us.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I wish you could see in your "my pinside" section how many people or who has you on ignore. Its only fair that the ignored person should be able to reciprocate if desired.
    I bet there are some people that actually have me on ignore, I know that just sounds silly. Megan agrees.
    GIF images are set hidden

That would be cool..

I've always wondered why if someone else puts you on ignore why it doesn't auto-add them to your ignore list.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I put myself on ignore. It was the best thing to happen to us.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That would be cool..
    I've always wondered why if someone else puts you on ignore why it doesn't auto-add them to your ignore list.

That would be awesome! I could ignore you and then start talking trash about you and you would never know! Lol. Jk

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

That would be awesome! I could ignore you and then start talking trash about you and you would never know! Lol. Jk

Kidding aside....why would I care? I wouldn't be able to see it. 'sides...people talk trash about me all the time. Nothing new there. =Þ

#33 9 years ago

ignored user

#34 9 years ago

I'm reminded of an episode in the original Star Trek series (1966-1969).
    Captain Kirk was transported into an alternate universe where he traded places with his evil doppelganger. Evil Kirk had a device he could activate to individually target and destroy any of his enemies with the click of a button.

- And here we are today, 2014.

Kim

#35 9 years ago

i use to think everyone should be heard ( well for my first couple years here), then i realized in real life i dont hang with a person i would consider to be "a dick" so to speak so why do it here. just a few people blocked out actually cleaned up the place alot. i was surprised how it was same few over and over again.

#36 9 years ago

Oh look, a whole blank thread.

Kidding. I'm way too nosey to block anyone. Plus I think as a mod I'm required to see what everyone says. Otherwise, I think there's only a few I'd block and that's just because some of the bickering gets old. I always tell people to use the button to make your experience here nicer if you so desire, and glad some of you are using it as intended.

#37 9 years ago

I read his comment and I honestly feel bad for people who get uptight or upset over words. Grow up man. I don't ignore anyone, take the good with the bad.

Dude is alright with me.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

as the old saying goes...even a broken clock is right twice a day

#39 9 years ago

Yeah, I've thought about implementing an "ignore ignore" setting that would allow a user to ignore the ignore feature completely. That would mean that an ignored posts would be ignored by the system and thus show you as if it was not ignored by you. It would also ignore other users ignore settings, making all our posts show regardless of wether anyone had you on ignore. By checking the "ignore ignored users postings" checkbox, one would be able to see everything in it's raw form. But the problem was displaying the ignore feature settings when one had ignored them because that would mean a total lockout. Ignorant user could then hassle me with requests to please de-ignore their ignoring settings. This all gave me a headache, so I decided against it.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Yeah, I've thought about implementing an "ignore ignore" setting that would allow a user to ignore the ignore feature completely. That would mean that an ignored posts would be ignored by the system and thus show you as if it was not ignored by you. It would also ignore other users ignore settings, making all our posts show regardless of wether anyone had you on ignore. By checking the "ignore ignored users postings" checkbox, one would be able to see everything in it's raw form. But the problem was displaying the ignore feature settings when one had ignored them because that would mean a total lockout. Ignorant user could then hassle me with requests to please de-ignore their ignoring settings. This all gave me a headache, so I decided against it.

You just made my head spin.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Understanding this post, gave me a headache,LOL - I'm sure what you do Robin, will be good.

#42 9 years ago

I prefer to just tell someone when they are being an A H*&#. YMMV.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Quick tip: If I want to view an ignored post, I open the thread in a Chrome incognito window (or Firefox private window). This effectively logs me out only in the incognito session and therefore shows all posts. Note that 95% of the time, I'm reminded why I have the user on ignore.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

Understanding this post, gave me a headache,LOL

Good thing it was only a joke

Quoted from stevevt:

Quick tip: If I want to view an ignored post, I open the thread in a Chrome incognito window (or Firefox private window).

Good tip! I too use incognito windows for this purpose all the time!

#45 9 years ago

The few times I have chosen to try and view an ignored post, I have always left thinking I should have left it ignored.

I think it works perfect.

#46 9 years ago

i need a "pay attention to me" setting

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Whoa. Mind. Blown.

#48 9 years ago

Food for thought: If you make a post about ignoring somebody, are they really being ignored.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Quick tip: If I want to view an ignored post, I open the thread in a Chrome incognito window (or Firefox private window).

Every time I do this I go "oh yeah, that's why I ignored that dumb motherf***er in the first place". Won't name names, but man, there's one person who gives me that reaction every damn time. Even when I "peek" at the ignored post and feel dumber for having read it at least I'm in a private session so I can't be tempted to reply to it. That's the real value of ignore to me, not silencing other people, but keeping myself from replying to whatever they vomited out of their keyboard.

I only have 3 people on ignore, and one probably doesn't deserve it. The other 2 I'm better off leaving there.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Every time I do this I go "oh yeah, that's why I ignored that dumb motherf***er in the first place". Won't name names, but man, there's one person who gives me that reaction every damn time. Even when I "peek" at the ignored post and feel dumber for having read it at least I'm in a private session so I can't be tempted to reply to it. That's the real value of ignore to me, not silencing other people, but keeping myself from replying to whatever they vomited out of their keyboard.
    I only have 3 people on ignore, and one probably doesn't deserve it. The other 2 I'm better off leaving there.

Great post, keep it up Aurich! Is there any doubt that the lifers would show up for this one…….after all, a consistent "forum fanatic"…………can somebody whine to the mod's about the vulgar cursing reference? One of the worst!

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-ignored-my-first-pinsider-today/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.