(Topic ID: 173095)

So I guess WCS'94 ramps will never be available?

By NYP

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Puckstop
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

I have the donor game and the ramps are in the queue to test fit but still looking at 1-3 months.

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Mark and I try not to do the same ramps cause it's better for the hobby. We really don't do the same thing. Mark makes his own tools, his own jigs and does his own CNC cutting. He can do a run of 20, I can't. It would be to costly. I have to do runs of 100-200 or the retail pricing gets ridiculous. I have distributors all over the world and do wholesale. Mark doesn't. We're very lucky to have Mark in the hobby.

#19 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for the one off's to test fit WCS.

#21 5 years ago

When I make a new ramp, I use the original Williams tool. The CNC machine is then programed to trim the ramp. Next step is to get one ramp off the CNC machine to test fit the ramp in a game. Since the ramp is much thicker than the original, this often creates fitting problems which need to be resolved. This process may have to be repeated several times before we're ready for production.

#22 5 years ago

Decals included.

1 month later
#33 5 years ago

Update on WCS. I will be gone from home for about 4 weeks doing York and Expo. I am hoping when I get home to have the test ramps available. Then we go thru test fit, changes and refit cycles till we get it right. Then I need to duplicate the decals and metal. Metal can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Stainless steel prices have soared because of the imposed tariff.

2 months later
#37 5 years ago

I am just amazed, sitting here scratching my head. I called my laser cutter to find out when the flaps will be cut. It's the one last part I need to get made. They just called me back to tell me they can't find the flaps. Of course I only have one set from the donor game. Is anyone out there willing to drill out and send me the 2 flaps for world cup soccer. I am going to replace your ramps with the new ones so if you want to break the ramp and send me the flap with a little ramp attached, I'll drill them out.

#40 5 years ago

Thanks for the offer Mark. I have a set on the way to me.

2 weeks later
#48 5 years ago

Mark's right. The ramps are done and I'm sitting on 150 sets. They have been test fit and are good to go. I'm only waiting on decals and other riveted parts. It has been difficult to source all the parts I needed to make the ramps complete. The booming economy has made it more difficult to get parts. Manufacturers are less interested in doing business with a guy who wants 100-150 parts. Talk 10,000 and you get their attention. There are 2 other new parts that are not on the website yet. TwilightZone small subway, $50 and Earthshaker subway, $84. Order via email. The address is on the website. It is correct but the link does not work. I have also upgraded 10 different ramps so they now are complete. Complete means they come with decals and all riveted attachments. I am going to have to go to Tucson to get another thermoformer. The one in Phoenix is not able to keep up.

#50 5 years ago

Everyone always wants to know when and almost every time I give an estimate, I'm wrong. Not because I don't know what I'm doing but because my suppliers don't stick to their promises or something screws up the timeline. Having said that, my best guess is 4 weeks.

1 month later
#53 5 years ago

As usual, I'm Wrong again. I am waiting on decals that go under the ramps and 2 flaps. I guess I'll get them when I get them.

3 months later
#56 4 years ago

Everything is done and if I CAN STAY OUT OF THE HOSPITAL FOR 2 DAYS, I can finish them.

2 weeks later
#57 4 years ago

Well, I should probably wait till Thursday but I'm so excited I can't wait. After more than a year in development and more delays than anyone could have imagined, the World Cup Soccer 94 ramps will be available on Thursday. Don't slam my mailbox. Wait till Thursday and order them off the website. They come with all decals and all riveted parts attached including the 906 sockets and domes. The Gate 1 ramp is $165. Gate 2 $255. Set is $378 (10% discount). This is not a complaint but I thought it would be useful for the community to know, it cost me over $25,000 to bring these to market.

#60 4 years ago

Ramps will be available through distributors in a month or 2.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-guess-wcs94-ramps-will-never-be-available?tu=lrosent345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.