(Topic ID: 173095)

So I guess WCS'94 ramps will never be available?

By NYP

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by lrosent345
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Amazing how these are still unobtanum, if anyone has a set LMK, I think I checked all the way to the south pole and only found that one common piece but could use a whole set. LMK if anyone out there has spares.

#3 2 years ago

They come in and out of stock periodically. The massive ramp as been unobtanium since the beginning of time.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9107-5.html
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9108-2.html

#4 2 years ago

Freeplay40 will be making them sometime in the future, once his larger machine is set up.

#5 2 years ago

AFAIK, since James sold the ramp business, not a single new ramp has been released. I've been waiting for a BSD ramp for a long, long time.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

AFAIK, since James sold the ramp business, not a single new ramp has been released. I've been waiting for a BSD ramp for a long, long time.
--
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

That's what it looks like to me too. I'm just surprised that no one has filled the void or is competing in the vacuum forming world of ramps.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm just surprised that no one has filled the void or is competing in the vacuum forming world of ramps.

Ramps are hard.
James had advanced well down the learning curve by the time he sold the ramp business.
As noted above, FreePlay40 has been making some ramps, but he's learning as he goes along. While he's a quick learner, it's going to take a while. I have his Genesis ramps (mine were used to make the molds) and they are excellent.
--
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#8 2 years ago

James was so good for so long...

#9 2 years ago

Nino from RTBB says they are coming

11 months later
#10 1 year ago

Bump for new information on ramps?

2 months later
#11 1 year ago

Who is RTBB?

5 months later
#13 11 months ago

Any updates regarding the big ball lock ramp?

#14 11 months ago

From the horses mouth...3-4 months at Starship

1 month later
#15 10 months ago

Me too

1 month later
#16 8 months ago

I have the donor game and the ramps are in the queue to test fit but still looking at 1-3 months.

#17 8 months ago

Freeplay40 may as well take over. His product is great and the various colors too.

Not saying that Starfantasy is bad....

1 week later
#18 8 months ago

Mark and I try not to do the same ramps cause it's better for the hobby. We really don't do the same thing. Mark makes his own tools, his own jigs and does his own CNC cutting. He can do a run of 20, I can't. It would be to costly. I have to do runs of 100-200 or the retail pricing gets ridiculous. I have distributors all over the world and do wholesale. Mark doesn't. We're very lucky to have Mark in the hobby.

#19 8 months ago

I'm still waiting for the one off's to test fit WCS.

#20 8 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm still waiting for the one off's to test fit WCS.

Thanks!

Will decals be included or will they need to be sourced independently?

#21 8 months ago

When I make a new ramp, I use the original Williams tool. The CNC machine is then programed to trim the ramp. Next step is to get one ramp off the CNC machine to test fit the ramp in a game. Since the ramp is much thicker than the original, this often creates fitting problems which need to be resolved. This process may have to be repeated several times before we're ready for production.

#22 8 months ago

Decals included.

#23 8 months ago

Desperately need these

#24 8 months ago

What other ramps in the queue??

#26 8 months ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Thank you for the link)

Shit. Looks like I'm paying $80 for shipping! I need these pronto.

#27 8 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Shit. Looks like I'm paying $80 for shipping! I need these pronto.

The prices on that website are in Australian dollars. Current exchange is 1 AU$ = .72US$

That would make the ramp cost in US $ at $108.00 (No tax ) and the shipping of $80 AU$ at $57.60 US$

I make ramps for fun and if I was to make that large ramp, I would certainly charge more than $108...and the shipping would likely be similar due to its size. So in my opinion?...jump on this before they are gone.

#28 8 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The prices on that website are in Australian dollars. Current exchange is 1 AU$ = .72US$
That would make the ramp cost in US $ at $108.00 (No tax ) and the shipping of $80 AU$ at $57.60 US$
I make ramps for fun and if I was to make that large ramp, I would certainly charge more than $108...and the shipping would likely be similar due to its size. So in my opinion?...jump on this before they are gone.

Oh, I did! The melted big ramp on my WCS is the #2 stuck ball in my arcade behind Dirty Harry's upper ball gate.

#29 8 months ago

I'll wait for the thicker plastic ramps. Hopefully soon

#30 8 months ago

I bought one of the repro ramps from Australia. Ramp was made really well. You have to buy decals as well they are not included. Transferred my ramp flap from my old one. Turned out great.

#31 8 months ago

I’m not replacing a dirty old ramp that works just fine, I’m replacing a ramp that someone blow torched.

#32 8 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I’m not replacing a dirty old ramp that works just fine, I’m replacing a ramp that someone blow torched.

The ramp I replaced had the whole right side of the ramp fractured on the left entrance.

3 weeks later
#33 7 months ago

Update on WCS. I will be gone from home for about 4 weeks doing York and Expo. I am hoping when I get home to have the test ramps available. Then we go thru test fit, changes and refit cycles till we get it right. Then I need to duplicate the decals and metal. Metal can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Stainless steel prices have soared because of the imposed tariff.

#34 7 months ago

I still need to do the ramp flaps. tomgwi - what rivet tool did you use?

#35 7 months ago

I look forward to our grandchildren's grandchildren enjoying fresh WCS ramps one day.

#36 7 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Update on WCS. I will be gone from home for about 4 weeks doing York and Expo. I am hoping when I get home to have the test ramps available. Then we go thru test fit, changes and refit cycles till we get it right. Then I need to duplicate the decals and metal. Metal can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Stainless steel prices have soared because of the imposed tariff.

Looking forward to the WCS ramps. Any thoughts on redoing the WhoDunnit center ramp?

2 months later
#37 4 months ago

I am just amazed, sitting here scratching my head. I called my laser cutter to find out when the flaps will be cut. It's the one last part I need to get made. They just called me back to tell me they can't find the flaps. Of course I only have one set from the donor game. Is anyone out there willing to drill out and send me the 2 flaps for world cup soccer. I am going to replace your ramps with the new ones so if you want to break the ramp and send me the flap with a little ramp attached, I'll drill them out.

#38 4 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I am just amazed, sitting here scratching my head. I called my laser cutter to find out when the flaps will be cut. It's the one last part I need to get made. They just called me back to tell me they can't find the flaps. Of course I only have one set from the donor game. Is anyone out there willing to drill out and send me the 2 flaps for world cup soccer. I am going to replace your ramps with the new ones so if you want to break the ramp and send me the flap with a little ramp attached, I'll drill them out.

Got a picture of what you need? I think I have just the flaps from a purchase I made from Marco forever ago.

#39 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got a picture of what you need? I think I have just the flaps from a purchase I made from Marco forever ago.

If chuckwurt doesn't have them, if you could scan them and get me the necessary associated measurements, I could make them for you.

#40 4 months ago

Thanks for the offer Mark. I have a set on the way to me.

#41 4 months ago

Okay cool. Anyway I can help push these along, id be happy to help.

2 weeks later
#42 4 months ago

When these are available- I'm absolutely down for a set!

#43 4 months ago

A little bird just told me that these ramps are very close. Believe the ramps are done and just need to source the last parts...

It's coming!

#44 4 months ago

Great news! I've got a fiberglass curve I built in my upper left ramp that is just waiting to die any min.

#46 4 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Thanks for the offer Mark. I have a set on the way to me.

Weird, the community might actually get a new set of ramps out of larry.

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

A little bird just told me that these ramps are very close. Believe the ramps are done and just need to source the last parts...
It's coming!

Following the link in one of the first posts, it looks like they are already available? Both say "In Stock".

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/03-9107-5.html

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/03-9108-2.html

#48 4 months ago

Mark's right. The ramps are done and I'm sitting on 150 sets. They have been test fit and are good to go. I'm only waiting on decals and other riveted parts. It has been difficult to source all the parts I needed to make the ramps complete. The booming economy has made it more difficult to get parts. Manufacturers are less interested in doing business with a guy who wants 100-150 parts. Talk 10,000 and you get their attention. There are 2 other new parts that are not on the website yet. TwilightZone small subway, $50 and Earthshaker subway, $84. Order via email. The address is on the website. It is correct but the link does not work. I have also upgraded 10 different ramps so they now are complete. Complete means they come with decals and all riveted attachments. I am going to have to go to Tucson to get another thermoformer. The one in Phoenix is not able to keep up.

#49 4 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Mark's right. The ramps are done and I'm sitting on 150 sets. They have been test fit and are good to go. I'm only waiting on decals and other riveted parts. It has been difficult to source all the parts I needed to make the ramps complete. The booming economy has made it more difficult to get parts. Manufacturers are less interested in doing business with a guy who wants 100-150 parts. Talk 10,000 and you get their attention. There are 2 other new parts that are not on the website yet. TwilightZone small subway, $50 and Earthshaker subway, $84. Order via email. The address is on the website. It is correct but the link does not work. I have also upgraded 10 different ramps so they now are complete. Complete means they come with decals and all riveted attachments. I am going to have to go to Tucson to get another thermoformer. The one in Phoenix is not able to keep up.

When do you expect them for sale complete on your website?

#50 4 months ago

Everyone always wants to know when and almost every time I give an estimate, I'm wrong. Not because I don't know what I'm doing but because my suppliers don't stick to their promises or something screws up the timeline. Having said that, my best guess is 4 weeks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 47.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 159.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 399.95
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside