Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

I've always loved most of the Whitestar/SAM era of Sterns...tons of great games. I was talking up how fun they were when the majority of the vocal hobbyists were "Bally/Williams or GTFO". Strangely, it's the current era of Sterns I'm not too crazy about...but everyone seems to be going bonkers for them. Metallica, IMO was the last "perfect game" from Stern...just hit it out of the park in every category...and I never liked any of the SPIKE games enough to buy one. Tons of themes I love, but they missed the mark IMO. I think JP is actually really awesome, though...and I think I've come around on Deadpool. I might possibly end up getting 2 or 3 of this years titles if I'm feeling nutty enough!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Did not care for Deadpool. Met is fun ,GOTG and IM is fun. I didnt care much for BK or Munsters either. But hey, we cant like them all can we?

I didn't like Deadpool at first...but people are going nuts for it now, and the code does seem to have improved it. I'd have to play it more to really decide, though. GOTG was ruined by matching horrible fake voices with real video. Destroyed the game. IM seems fun & people love it...I haven't gotten a feel for it yet, need to play it more. Haven't played BK3, but want too. Munsters is gorgeous and plays nice, but the rules/code/limited content kind of kill it.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will say, my sleeper title is Ninja Turtles. Holy hell do I enjoy this game. The layout and speed are incredible. I don't give a shit about the theme, never watched Ninja Turtles, nor did my kids, but the theme seems to work well for this title.

Yeah, see - for me, that's another one like GOTG. I was massively obsessed with TMNT in the 80s/90s, loved the show...and the fake voices totally kill it for me. Plus, I didn't find the gameplay that interesting and the rules were typical modern Dwight convoluted.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-gotta-change-my-opinion-on-sterns?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.