(Topic ID: 39879)

So I got a letter from Gene Cunningham today...

By Fearless_Leader

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fearless_Leader.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

He sent me (and who knows how many others) this letter full of typos claiming that he is liquidating a warehouse with 175-180 pins in various conditions. $50,000 was his asking price, but he can/will sell off various machines piecemeal, including his three (3) Big Bang Bars.

Then the letter gets bizarre, saying he'll sell BBB #1 (original Capcom prototype) for $50k by itself. Also, he'll sell some miscellaneous stuff like neon beer lights, slot machines and arcade games.

I'm not affiliated with Gene or Georgianna Cunningham in any way. Anyone who's interested, I'd be glad to pass on the contact info free-of-charge, but I'm interested to know how many of you got this letter and are tempted to act. The list of pins on the second sheet included:

BBB - $50000
    Banzai Run - $4000
    Revenge from Mars - $5000
    Twin Winn - $1200
    Stern Playboy - $3000
    Diamond Lady - $1200
    High Speed - $1500
    Truck Stop - $1500
    Space Shuttle - $1200
    Motordome - $1200
    Stern Lightning - $1800
    Black Water - $1500
    Stellar Wars - $1000
    Magic Caster - $1500
    Gold Wings - $800
    Laser Ball - $1000
    Dolly Parton - $950
    Flipp Flop - $1000
    Stern Iron Maiden - $2800
    Space Invaders - $1000
    Williams Joust - $3500
    City Slicker - $1000
    Capt. Fantastic - $1500
    Haunted House - $1200
    6 Scop a Tones & Max II Machines - $1000
    Williams Derby Day - $1500
    Spring Break - $800
    Shot the Bear - $5000
    12 45" Juke Boxes - $2000

Some of those prices are a little too good to be true I think, so I wonder if the condition of some of them is crap. For anyone who eventually goes to check 'em out, I'd like to know. My suspicion is that Gene's selling this stuff off because he's getting out of the business definitively. Again.

#4 11 years ago

My bad. I did look for another thread about it first...

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is he in cahoots with this guy?-
    Ebay link

Actually, that guy appears to be selling quality. Only $200k, huh...? Almost worth taking out a small loan for...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fearless_Leader.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-letter-from-gene-cunningham-today?tu=Fearless_Leader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.